Breaking: Sulli Passes Away

Singer and actress Sulli has passed away. According to the Seongnam Sujeong Police Station, Sulli’s manager found her dead at her home in Seongnam of Gyeonggi Province on October 14 at approximately 3:21 p.m. KST. Her manager went to her home after being unable to get in touch with her since their phone call at about 6:30 p.m. […]

The post Breaking: Sulli Passes Away appeared first on Soompi

View the full article

Such sad news. My heart goes out to all her family, friends, and fans. I admired her for her work against the cyberbullying. She will be dearly missed. 

]

Off topic, but what is going on at the Soompi comment emoji section-there are over 2000 likes of the "love it' emoji for the article on her death. Shouldn't it be the "sad" emoji instead? How cruel and insensitive.

I'm so sorry to hear about Sulli's passing. Very sad. I don't listen to K-Pop music much but I discovered and love K-dramas for the last 2 years. I guess I saw Sulli in Hotel del Luna but didn't know who she was. I was also looking forward to second season of Persona although I didn't know Sulli was involved in it.  From what I've read elsewhere so far she sounds like the type of woman who I admire, not just for her talent, but for being critical of reactionary elements within Korean society. That takes bravery.  Despite Hallyu's success, her suicide, among others, points to the dark side of Hallyu and the dark side of Korean attitude in general. It also reveals, once again, the toxicity of social media. Let's hope people will learn from this tragedy.

Archived