[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

(Posted on: Monday, 12 October 2020)

Sorry. I have to continue reminding everybody to Vote For Song Wei Long. Do not stop till the last moment.  Even when it is already 16 October 2020, keep trying.  If your votes can still go through, continue to vote. Get your friends to vote too. Thank you.

The 7th China Good Actor Award

To Vote, click on this link below. Register and Vote:
Seventh China good actor network TV channel crew vote

• Like 2

(Posted on: Tuesday, 13 October 2020)

I agree with "Xianxianer Tour's comments" below.  Once, you can attribute it to "Luck".  But 3 Lucky Strikes are no longer due to "Luck".  We have to acknowledge Song Wei Long's hard work and perseverence

007bQkVTly8gj234k7yaoj30i80i9jsm.jpg
Xianxianer Tourvy.png Yiyang, Hunan
Director Ding praised Song Wei Long as an actor who can use his eyes to act. Song Weilong, who is only 20 years old, gave his 27-year-old brother Ling Xiao vitality with his delicate and rich heart drama, which was loved by the audience. Song Wei Long is very empathetic and has an audience relationship. If you say that getting good results in one drama is luck, and three consecutive dramas have good results, can you easily deny his strength? !
Today at 09:17

Quote  @iamlegend
1)  @hush puppy do you remember in Go Ahead when LJJ kissed LX by grabbing his collar and asking why he was.so tall. I cant help but to notice the look in LX eyes. Only with his eyes he can make you understand the changes.of his emotions from shock, to confuse to happy. 

2)  I swear these people who said his acting is woodsy dont really know what theyre talking about. they dont pay attention to these details. "

@iamlegend    1) I remember.  Ling Xiao thought Jian Jian has come to "Break Off" with him.  So at first he looks worried.

After Jian Jian circled around him, saying that she will "pity" him until he felt no longer necessary, he starts to relax.

After Jian Jian rushed back to "kiss" him, he is totally convinced that his fears are not going to materialise.

There are many such moments when he really "acts with his eye". E.g when they were together in his room. He confessed to Jian Jian that he don't have the strength to start loving another person and if Jian Jian do not take his hands, he will fall.  He stretched out his hands to Jian Jian.

JJ said she don't understand.  Ling Xiao looks disappointed and "going to drown again".  But when JJ said: "But even if I don't understand, each time you stretch out your hands, I'll catch them".  (His eyes light up again.  He is a good Actor.  He only needs a Good Script and a Director who understands him enough to bring out his Best - like Director Ding)

2) I totally agree with you. Ling Xiao is a "Multi-Layered Character". Not easy to take-on. Song Wei Long has done a great job!

Song Wei Long's actings are very subtle. He has his emotions well under control - "internalised".  He only "externalise" them when necessary, when appropriate to the plot. As a result "impatient viewers" brand him "Wooden". 

These people are being unreasonable and stubborn. As if suffering from a "self-denial syndrome". 

Or as you have said: "These people..... don't really know what they're talking about. They don't pay attention to these "details". 

They only see what they want to see. They only want to be entertained.  They do not open up their minds to new possibilities;  to delve deep into a drama-character, so that they too can grow mentally and emotionally.  And when they are not given what they want, like a baby who has her/his milk-bottle taken away,  they cry "Wolf".

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, hush puppy said:

(Posted on: Monday, 12 October 2020)

Sorry. I have to continue reminding everybody to Vote For Song Wei Long. Do not stop till the last moment.  Even when it is already 16 October 2020, keep trying.  If your votes can still go through, continue to vote. Get your friends to vote too. Thank you.

I really hope he wins. He deserves that. He is currently number 1 right? Hope it stays like this. JIA YOU Little Brother! :getmygrooveon:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, iamlegend said:

I really hope he wins. He deserves that. He is currently number 1 right? Hope it stays like this. JIA YOU Little Brother! :getmygrooveon:

:happydance: ya, me too, really really hope he wins.. JIA YOU, JIA YOU, JIA YOU... PLEASE SPARE SOMETIMES TO VOTE FOR HIM. LOTS OF THANKS.:happydance::bunnywar:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@iamlegend, @elis6969 We can never be sure till the Final Second:unsure:

Honestly I'm so nervous

(They have changed the Format of this Thread again. Not so "friendly". A lot of pictures cannot be posted here.  Previous pictures and videos have disappeared. All my Past Efforts gone to waste):sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

Click the link below to enjoy some videos on Song Wei Long :

http://t.cn/A6boVRZj?m=4559519152343315&u=6217766004

I particularly love this one: Song Wei Long's commercial shoot for Nescafe Coffee. So refreshing!

Another Link:

http://t.cn/RnYqYcc?m=4564902545721313&u=7396827859

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:09 AM, iamlegend said:

@hush puppy do you happened to know the story when SWL got broken nose? I heard it happenes 2 times? been looking for the story of it but still couldn't find the detail story.

@iamlegend Yes.  It is in this thread.  If you have read all the pages, you would have come across it.

Song Wei Long broke it during the Location-Shooting of  "Beautiful Reborn Flower"  in Spain.  In one of the earlier scenes in the drama,  Song Wei Long was  engaged in a rough tussle with Peter Ho, the second male lead and his ruffians.  They hit his nose very hard by mistake, and broke it. (It just shows how unprofessional the Crew-Team is.  A professional crew would have the Scene rehearsed a few times, telling those involved to be careful)

He was rushed to the hospital, where the doctor tried to patch it back.  He was then supposed to rest for 100 days for the bones to reseal.  But he was back to work after a week.  He is too conscientious when it comes to his work.  He never take good care of himself.  Bad luck actually, especially when the drama was a complete failure.

Then in 2020 he accidentally broke his nose again, at the same place, and has to be rushed to the hospital once more. That was just before the promotions for  "In A Class Of Her Own".  That is why he could not attend the promotions in person.  He only helped in the promotions via Tele-Audio.  The audience could only hear but cannot see him.

But at least this time, he is in China and his family can take good care of him.  And he was not shooting any works, so he can rest without being disturbed.  Supposed to be alright now.  But bones once dislocated, are very fragile - especially the nose where the bones tend to more delicate

• Love 3

(Posted on: Wednesday, 14 October 2020)

Song Wei Long is a big winner among young entertainers. He can get such good resources at the age of 21 years.

For Song Wei Long’s appearance, you can use "accidental" to describe it.  He was inaugurated in He Zhong's  variety show "All Members Accelerating".  Later, he was dug up by Mango Channel to join "Tian Tian Shang", (Everyday Upwards) and then gradually entered the show business circle.

In this regards, netizens have a question: How can Song Wei Long be so recognised when he is only 21 years old and without a professional background? Why are there such good resources? For this question, I think He Jiong has the best explanation:

He Jiong said: There is no doubt that Song Wei Long is handsome.  But what is more important are his own efforts.

In order to be an actor, Song Wei Long learns many things by himself every day. When he has time:

-  He read books or study film and television materials

For his works, Song Wei Long will prepare in advance so that he can play

the role better

-  He reads the lines in advance and even rehearses at home

Although Song Wei Long starts later than others, he runs faster than

others

Because Song Wei Long is good-looking, it is even more difficult for him.  People tends to overlook his talent. He is not a professional, but he works harder than others. From the script "Go Ahead" we can see that Song Wei Long is no worse than a major actor.

He Jiong said he hopes Song Wei Long can go forward and continue to hone himself. He also hope that he can continue to bring more film and television works to the audience in the future.

My Say:

So do not simply slander him, if you do not know him or have  not done any research.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I Forgot To Mention That You Could Also "Vote" via WeChat

**Song Wei Long  is confirmed to attend the  "Golden Eagle Festival"  on 16 October 2020. 

4 of the candidates are related to him: 

- Song Qian is nominated for  "Find Yourself" (ML: Song Wei Long)

- Tan Songyun is nominated for "Go Ahead" (ML: Song Wei Long)

- Yu Shuxin is nominated for her supporting role in "Find Yourself" (ML: Song Wei Long)

-  Guan Xiao Tong is nominated for  "Twenty Your Life On".  But she was  his co-star in  "Untouchable Lovers" (ML: Song Wei Long)

So the joke is : The real winner is Song Wei Long.  He is the Man behind all these Ladies.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Song Wei Long reveals his criteria for choosing a spouse

Recently, Song Wei Long appeared on the cover of a magazine and talked about his love outlook in an interview. He said that he is a very gentle person.  But when persuaded by his girl, he will become proactive together. 

He says:  "I am not an excessively romantic person. My ideal Qixi Festival (Chinese Valentine Festival) is just two people going to watch a movie and then spend a quiet evening, taking a walk by the beach together".

(That sounds quite romantic to me)

Song Wei Long said that he used to like girls with melon seeds, big eyes, and good figures. But as he grows older, he realise that when you meet and fall in love, all the standards are no longer standards.  Now I prefer a gentle, cheerful, and sensible girl.

(Lin Yun his ex, also talked about her feelings some time ago. She said that when she is in love, she would "make" special: "If you don't make trouble, you just don't love it. Making trouble is a manifestation of love." This is the direct opposite of Song Wei Long's concept of love).

• Like 2

Song Wei Long seldom update his weibo. Below are the latest:

“Long time no see, I only have an old photo” #SongWeilong #宋威龙 Finally responding to people begging for new photos

(He speaks the truth. These are clearly old photos. When he was doing a  "photo-shoot" for the Elleman Magazine earlier this year).

The Blue Scarf does not exist.  It was  air-brushed  in for fun

Do you wonder why Song Wei Long does not like to update his weibo?  Because he had a bad experience before when he was still new.  He posted some words and pictures.  His detractors created "Black Materials" out of them. Since then he seldom post anything except for commercial and work related materials
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Song Wei Long seldom update his weibo. Below are the latest:

“Long time no see, I only have an old photo” #SongWeilong #宋威龙 Finally responding to people begging for new photos

(He speaks the truth. These are clearly old photos. When he was doing a  "photo-shoot" for the Elleman Magazine earlier this year).

The Blue Scarf does not exist.  It was  air-brushed  in for fun

Do you wonder why Song Wei Long does not like to update his weibo?  Because he had a bad experience before when he was still new.  He posted some words and pictures.  His detractors created "Black Materials" out of them. Since then he seldom post anything except for commercial and work related materials

He just posted on instagram as well. And in 10 minutes already gain 17.000 likes. His fans on instagram are also waiting for him to post actually. I'm assuming mostly international (because I notice many comments with my native language :D) fans active on instagram. I see he only post on instagram once a month around date 15th. hahahaha..

I am currently re-watching UL and I stand by my opinion that his acting was good. Yeah he's a bit stiff with the body languange. But he was a teenager at that time. But I really want to know why they dubbed the movie? I mean I'd love to hear his voice. I think his voice has this effect of calming and deep and sexy at the same time. Although yea I admit his line delivery needs a little more work. But I looooveee his voice nontheless. 

Edited by iamlegend
  • Like 3

On 10/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, iamlegend said:

He just posted on instagram as well. And in 10 minutes already gain 17.000 likes. His fans on instagram are also waiting for him to post actually. I'm assuming mostly international (because I notice many comments with my native language :D) fans active on instagram. I see he only post on instagram once a month around date 15th. hahahaha..

I am currently re-watching UL and I stand by my opinion that his acting was good. Yeah he's a bit stiff with the body languange. But he was a teenager at that time. But I really want to know why they dubbed the movie? I mean I'd love to hear his voice. I think his voice has this effect of calming and deep and sexy at the same time. Although yea I admit his line delivery needs a little more work. But I looooveee his voice nontheless. 

@iamlegend  I just finished ep 15 of Untouchable Lovers.  Almost forgotten how the story was as I last skipped through it in March 2020 - after "Find Yourself".  Now on refreshing my memories, I agree.  He acting is very good.  I have always said so - all along. No favouritism : his demeanour is so imposing, steady, cool and calm. Just what a "cold-blooded strategist" should be. And his drama-character is madly in love with the fake Princess Chuyi.  Yet has to deny it. Not easy.   I prefer the "White Robes" because it is free-flowing. Not body-hugging.  So he does not appear so thin.  The Hair Style also looks better in the first segment of the story.

(So I want to correct myself for saying earlier that I prefer the second segment eps 17 onwards - because I've forgotten the story. Both segments are equally appealing. Just that the second segment is bent on promoting the Second Female Lead. And Song Wei Long was delegated to a second-tier starring status)

For a 17/18 years old teenager, this acting is really commendable. I'm very Proud of him. What more does the audience want from him?

Dubbing:  Of course his natural voice is better. As he did in "Find Yourself" and  "Go Ahead".  He has a very sexy and calm voice.  Just like his personality.

Chinese Dramas usually dub because:

1)  Their Actors/ Actresses come from all over China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and to a lesser degree, Singapore and Malaysia.  Everyone of them has different accents.  Hong Kongees speak Cantonese at home. So their Mandarin (Chinese) sounds even worse. To make them sound standardised and easily understood by the audience, they dub. 

2)  A lot of Drama-Fans visit the Location Sites to watch the ongoing filmings. So it can be very noisy.  For a clearer lines-delivery, they have to dub it in a Studio.

But I hope one day, China will stop doing this.  I prefer to hear their natural voices.

Especially from our  Song Wei Long

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Couldn't agree more with you. I too like the white robe so he wouldnt look so thin. I just passed ep 28. I ff only to his scenes :D 

IMO he looked the best in this drama. I couldnt help but to admire his face figure. The nose, the lips, the cheekbones (Ooh the cheekbones :love:) and off course the eyes! 

I read your writting about Yu Zheng was more favoring the 2nd ML Mi Re then SWL, so he got so stressful during this time. I just feel so sad for him. As for Mi Re, for me he is attractive. But his acting was not to my liking. A bit soap-opera-like. Too much.

• Like 3