Jung Woo-Sung 정우성 [Movies: “Hunt” + upcoming “A Man of Reason”, “12.12: The Day”]

Helena

News from Japan and Korea reported that AMTR was no. 1 in Japan ticket sales for the weekend 22 - 23 Oct 05.

Do you know what this mean? A korean movie has just beaten US and Japanese films on Japanese turf....weee!!

Guest incredibleDORK

Aww, He's so cute! I loved him in AMTR. He looked so rough and HOT! :D *WHEW* But hMm.. Doesn't he remind you of the actor Jang Hyuk? Maybe it's just me. I thought I read somewhere that they were related? Or was that just me again? Hehehe. Oh well. They're both hot to me!

Guest .alyak_

I've visted this thread back when soompi hadn't crash.

But i made some gifs of him. Not sure if anyone recall them.

But yeah. I could get use to his looks.

Guest skyelee21

Aww, He's so cute! I loved him in AMTR. He looked so rough and HOT! :D *WHEW* But hMm.. Doesn't he remind you of the actor Jang Hyuk? Maybe it's just me. I thought I read somewhere that they were related? Or was that just me again? Hehehe. Oh well. They're both hot to me!

I initially found he was a mix of Jo In Sung and Lee Dong Gun when I saw him in A Moment to Remember... which is the reason why I fell in love with him off the bat. But when people started saying he resembled Jang Hyuk, I started to see the resemblance too.

However... Woo Sung oppa's still HAWT in his own right!

Woot!!!

VICODIN & INEZ : hello ... (waves!!!)

MOOGLES : yep!!! that's the director's name ... thanks for the info!! i do think that gong li has such an intense personality which probably made all her films with him great!!! but i do think zhang ziyi is okay too!! but probably since she is younger needs more experience still!! :D:D

SHOPGIRL : no no to a woosung and ziyi partnership!!! hahaha really??!!! nine years together with his gf??? wow!!! that's what i call commitment!!! not only is he a hot guy but a loyal one at that!!! how i wish i were his gf!!! do you have a pic of her???

Guest shopgirl

News from Japan and Korea reported that AMTR was no. 1 in Japan ticket sales for the weekend 22 - 23 Oct 05.

Do you know what this mean? A korean movie has just beaten US and Japanese films on Japanese turf....weee!!

I know, isn't it awesome? ;)

OK, this kinda question has been raised before too... OK, here's the thing... JWS career started long before Jang Hyuk. There's even a mention in Korean entertainment, calling Jang Hyuk, as the baby version of JWS. And altho they might look alike, JWS and JH are not related. They're friends tho. But to a lot of people also, JWS = JH + Jo In Sung. Some Korean people thought that Jo In Sung has the bits and pieces of JWS look also. I've seen the article once on a Korean blog, but I don't know where it is now :P But yeah, to say it properly, Jang Hyuk resembles Jung Woo Sung and not the other way around :P

I've visted this thread back when soompi hadn't crash.

But i made some gifs of him. Not sure if anyone recall them.

But yeah. I could get use to his looks.

What's your nick before? Is it also the same? You're so welcome to create more. We appreciate anything in regards to JWS :lol: Don't ever feel left out in this crazy thread. Just chimed in and we'll respond :D

I initially found he was a mix of Jo In Sung and Lee Dong Gun when I saw him in A Moment to Remember... which is the reason why I fell in love with him off the bat. But when people started saying he resembled Jang Hyuk, I started to see the resemblance too.

However... Woo Sung oppa's still HAWT in his own right!

Woot!!!

I think perhaps because JWS movies are older than JH's, it has made people, younger people, noticed JH first before JWS, although JWS already gone BIG before JH even made a splash. And JWS' definitely HAWT, alrite, hehehe... Hmmm... you'll be the first to say that JWS got the LDG look :D Never heard of that before... although, I think Inez mentioned something like, JWS also resembles Ryu Soo Young of 18:29's Kang Sang Young. Anybody agree? JWS is very versatile lookwise, then :lol:

SHOPGIRL : no no to a woosung and ziyi partnership!!! hahaha really??!!! nine years together with his gf??? wow!!! that's what i call commitment!!! not only is he a hot guy but a loyal one at that!!! how i wish i were his gf!!! do you have a pic of her???

Well about the ZZY thing... I'd rather see him with me... but of course, hehehe. The one thing that I'm glad about the soompi crash... the lost picture of JWS g/f, hehehe. It was posted once or twice on the old thread, but I didn't bother to safe it. It's not like I'm creating a dartboard with her face on it :lol:

Guest skyelee21

^ shopgirl... if you've seen Lee Dong Gun's Lovers in Paris, his scruffy look there is where I based my statement regarding Woo Sung ssi having an LDG look. Cos daym... when I saw Woo Sung ssi in AMTR I almost fell off my freakin' bed!!!

My cousin and I even debated about this cos initially she saw JIS in him, while I saw LDG. Later on in the movie, we both saw what each other saw... and we were like... "Tomorrow, I'm gonna look for Jung Woo Sung's thread on soompi."

“A Memory To Remember” becomes first Korean movie to top Japanese box-office

gae_l.jpg

The movie “A Memory To Remember,” starring Chung Woo-sung and Son Ye-jin and directed by Lee Jae-han, became the first Korean movie to top the Japanese box-office.

Sources say that on the weekend of Oct. 22-23 “A Memory To Remember” beat out two other rivals, “Corpse Bride” and “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory,” both directed by Tim Burton.

Until now, the most successful Korean movies in Japanese theaters had been “April Snow” and “Joint Security Area,” both of which finished second.

”A Memory To Remember,” which opened Oct. 22, is currently being shown in 308 theaters throughout Japan, some 100 fewer theaters than “April Snow” (434 theaters). The movie’s Japanese distributor, Gaga, has invested over 6 million dollars in the movie’s promotion and marketing, and says the movie is well on its way to becoming a huge success. The facts that it stars Son Ye-jin and was a big hit in Korea also drew attention from Japanese audiences.

Gaga expects 3 billion yen (about 27.5 billion won) in ticket sales from the movie. “April Snow,” the most successful Korean movie by far, has taken in 2.4 billion yen (about 22 billion won).

Source: http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...5678_11692.html

(Some reports suggested that "Joint Security Area" was also top in box office in its first week. Personally I don't see why JWS cannot be as popular as BYJ. It's high time JWS gets the popularity he deserves)

Guest vicodin

annyeong!!

hotinherr.jpg

sorry for hotlinking, shopgirl but i just wanted to say that you're absolutely right.. i dont think any women can resist his "do-me-inviting-look" gaaahh.... he's soo schexy!

and he's been together with his gf for 9 fcukin years ?!!!!

how loyal.. damn.. and i thought korean men like to sleep around hahahaha.. :P

is his gf a famous one ?

anyone has a picture of her ?

i want to see my rival, thank you :P

JWS also resembles Ryu Soo Young of 18:29's Kang Sang Young. Anybody agree

omg, now you mention it.. i kind of agree on that! he does look a bit like ryu soo young.. only a bit tho..

news_comic.jpg

a manga based on AMTR ??

whoa.. i have to get one for sure ;)

Guest vicodin

here's some pics of Ryu Su Young, for people who might not have seen him...

00676620_2.jpg

00682504_2.jpg

00360353_2.jpg

(all credits to Yahoo Imagesearch)

I think he does resemble Woosung at times.

HI INEZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

isnt he the one who plays as the ajjushi in "sunny bright day girl" with jang na ra ?

yup yup.. i kinda see the resembelance hehe

here's some pics of Ryu Su Young, for people who might not have seen him...

http://img.airspider.com/image/00/67/66/00676620_2.jpg

http://img.airspider.com/image/00/68/25/00682504_2.jpg

http://img.airspider.com/image/00/36/03/00360353_2.jpg

(all credits to Yahoo Imagesearch)

I think he does resemble Woosung at times.

Someway I agree! But JWS iz yet far more better...