kpop fair fest

Lmangla

Chingus, welcome to the kpop fair fest! yay! so you have your favourite groups but there are lots of chingus here who may not be aware of them or know of their music -- here's your chance to have a booth here in this thread and welcome other chingus to check out favourite group/singer's music. spread the love!

Food_-Festival_ANI.jpg

In food fest, there's always sample bites outside the booth. similarly, give a sample bite of what makes your favourite group so amazing by answering these questions: remember that it is all about sharing your love for your kpop group and having fun in the process. so these aren't serious questions. you are not conquering the world. hahahah.... just laugh and have fun as you figure out what you want to share. don't write essays but short fun answers that is sweet like dessert and will stir someone's curiousity to check out your booth further.

DessertsSeasons52.jpg

Q:  What mood is a good time to check out this group's music?
Q: If you could describe the music as a season, food or vacation type (beach/mountain/adventure/sleeping!), how would you describe them?
Q:  If you had to name three songs to lure people into your fandom, what songs would you say would best describe the specific talents your idol group has and why?
Q: What would be the main reason for someone on a deserted island to have only your group's songs with her/him?
Q: When you're being hunted down by the police, cops hot on your tail and you're running for your life with an enormous amount of stolen cash on you, what song from your group would you recommend the driver of your Uber would play for you?

You can write a max of 5 sentences about the group and why it's the best (no bashing or trolling of other groups!)

This is a group entry and so you have time to collect your thoughts together and answer these questions and post here on May 31st. You can also think of someting creative to draw others in like create a cool collage, post a (dance-)cover MV, etc. to get more recognition for the group.

If chingus are piqued, they can enter your booth (so give link to your thread in the sample bite) -- you can answer these questions individually in your fandom threads to give them more info.
Q. okay, you know the song is not that good and the MV makes no sense, but you can't help but liking that song. which one is that?
Q.  so what is the name of the fan group and why is it called that? *also, give fun made up reasons to add to the real one and maybe we can guess which one is real?
Q. so favourite costume?
Q. the visual factor that drew you in -- hot abs? dance moves? cheeky smile?
Q.  the dance move you tried to replicate on the dance floor!
In the fandom thread, you can also explain the reasons about the name of the fandom, group dynamics, whatever else you can think of and would be worthwhile to share.  Fandom thread should be dressed up as their favorite MV (change your DP to reflect your favourite MV or anything else you can think of), questions should be answered from that point of view too.

Event date: May 31st. there are no prizes to be won but you do get the chance to win more chingus over to your threads and kpop group. so shake a leg! if you have any questions, post them here, tag me and @CamelKnight

Uwaaah

Let me serve some appetizers to motivate you.

Annyeong chingudeul! My favorite Kpop group is Seventeen~ (Hello, Wonwoonie!)

Any mood would do because they have a variety of songs and genres that could suit your current emotions or the feelings you're after.

Q: If you could describe the music as a season, food or vacation type (beach/mountain/adventure/sleeping!), how would you describe them?

Four seasons punch! 

Spring fruit shake

Summer lemonade

Autumn wine

Winter hot tea

Q:  If you had to name three songs to lure people into your fandom, what songs would you say would best describe the specific talents your idol group has and why?

Mansae - co-choreo by Hoshi, co-written  by Woozi and the rap line, co-composes by Woozi, this song is highly infectious and upbeat and features powerful vocals

Highlight - co-composed by Hoshi and written and sung by the performance unit, the song proves that this unit can do more than dance. And ofc you must see them perform it live.

Love Letter - Wonwoo sings! That's enough reason to check this out. They wrote it as a letter to the fandom *sobs in Korean*

Q: What would be the main reason for someone on a deserted island to have only your group's songs with her/him? 

You're all alone and you feel the Trauma, and you tell yourself, this is No F.U.N. But you Don't Wanna Cry, so stand up and look up to the sky. Isn't it Beautiful? Still Lonely? Then listen to Seventeen songs to uplift your spirit. But Don't Listen in Secret. Sing out loud and Clap! Remember the times you're Crazy in Love, or when someone tells you Lean on Me. Mansae! Even in your situation right now, life is Aju Nice. 

Q: When you're being hunted down by the police, cops hot on your tail and you're running for your life with an enormous amount of stolen cash on you, what song from your group would you recommend the driver of your Uber would play for you?

Check In

I check in, Seoul City (Seoul City)

Yeah I check in, Singapore City (Melbourne, Sydney)

Yeah I check in, Manila City (Bangkok, Hong Kong)

Yeah I check in, hell yeah

I check in, I check in like oh

Yes, bye, cops~ 

So chingudeul, join this music fair and gain new mutuals. 

23 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Four seasons punch! 

Spring fruit shake

Summer lemonade

Autumn wine

Winter hot tea

ooooh, what interesting descriptions. now I am curious. so is seventeen boy group? girl group? mixed group? and is it because there are 17 of them in the group dancing? were they 17 when they signed? or does the name have to do with that old sound of music song "I am 16 going on 17" and so 17 is fun flirty number? :D

Oh hell yeah, I was born to do this! :D Okay, okay, okay ~

So my favourite group is Dreamcatcher and I'm more than happy to present them to you.
dream-catcher.jpg

Well, there are two moods that are perfect suitable to check out their songs. The first mood is when you really had a bad day, when it's raining outside, the whole day is going to be rather stressful or the day you had was just horrible, when you have all this leftover rage and energy residing within you and you need something to get all this energy out. When you just want to be alone and get rid off all this bad mojo inside of you.  Since most of their songs are more rock and rather dramatic, it's the best mood to just dance and sing everything off.

The second mood is showcasing the other side of Dreamcatcher. When you feel sad and probably even a little depressed, they also have a variety of slow songs. They also have great cover versions of famous songs, even in english. Since they have two very strong vocals, they can rely on very high notes to slay any balladic songs. They can comfort you with ease when you really need it. 

Season is definitely autumn, it's rather cold and windy, but sometimes everything is just calm and you can just enjoy a small ray of sunlight. Even the darkest hour will turn into daylight at one point. Vacation type I would describe it as an adventure on a mountain that is next to the beach. It always goes up and down, but with every step you make you discover something new, you are amazed how good it feels and at the end of the day, you can always relax.

I will take the route I initially described within my first question and give examples.

The first song is "Full Moon", it was written with the fans in mind as a gift from the members to their fans for supporting them during their first anniversary. They always treat the song as something special and always mention that it is specifically for the fans. And the song itself really showcases the talents of Dreamcatcher. Slow start which turns into something fast, a variety of different paces and a melody that won't leave your head for a while.

Spoiler

"Lullaby", a B-Side song that showcases the softer side of Dreamcatcher, the usual fast and guitar heavy sounds are replaced with a piano and you have this softer and slower song that covers you like a blanket.

Spoiler

"You and I" is the latest release of them, only two weeks ago they released this song to end the story of Nightmare. This is also something worth mentioning, all releases so far were under the name of Nightmare. Their MV's so far tell a story. Like a short drama. The dance chereo also got a lot of recognition in korea and due to this they were able to create some attention. 

Spoiler

A wide variety of different songs, from english cover versions of famous songs like Havanna to rock songs and also soft and quiet ballads. You always have the right song at hand. It never gets repetetive.

"Chase Me". I mean...come on...the song-name itself.... fits perfectly the describtion. It's an upbeat rocksong with piano sounds, an addictive chorus and by the end of the song, my uber driver would have crushed any possible speed limit and probably would also join me because of my fantastic taste. :D 

Spoiler

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a Dreamcatcher thread yet. 

@LmanglaThey re-debuted last year in January. So they already exist since one and a half year by now. But due to their unusual concept that goes against the mainstream, they are not well known. But they did get a lot of recognition since a few weeks due to their new song & album. Their dance performance which involves a handkerchief and a stick received a lot of praises.

@LmanglaSure, I didn't know if it was allowed to put MV's into the post so I didn't include them in the initial post.

The MV itself is rather busy to finish the tale of the Nightmare-Era, because like I said, all of the four MV's so far tell a story, so you can't see the handkerchief and staff too often. You can see it better during a live performance on one of the music shows. I will add that aswell.

To see the handkerchief and stick better

Spoiler

@Dhakra the staff-thing is called Twirling :wink: usually done with batons, but a longer stick, such as used by Dreamcatchers, works well too. Can be replicated at home very easily, just stand clear of anything breakable :D 

@Lmangla the group @Sejabini is referring to is SNSD (as posted in the first sentence). It's the "other" (or rather the Korean) name for Girls Generation. I can't believe you didn't even know them since they're the ones who've made a massive breakthrough for girlgroups in general :) 

@CamelKnightLet's just call it magic. :D Because that what happens during each performance when she pulls out the staff thing. 

And @Lmanglawas correct, @Sejabiniadded the first sentence at a later stage, when I first read her post she didn't add a name and I wasn't aware of which group she is talking about til the point she mentioned Taeyeon. 

:glasses:okay.. i juz had lunch and now i need desserts! Wherez caramel custard?? Ok ok juz kidding..( better be serious -> else @Sejabini gonna click 'confuse' on my post wawawaaa...)

:grimace: Introducing this pair of siblings : tada!!

x6GJRhu.jpg

(Not a crazy fan but i like their music when I first get to know them through a drama OST "I Love U")

Spoiler

"All about my romance"

**Ops i tried to copy but to no avail so i use quote ...sorray!

On 5/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, Lmangla said:

Playful Mood. Hahaa:blush:

76fdoXM.jpg

Spoiler

PLAY UGLY

erhm... Playful Music ... yess... they make original music so they play with music haahaàa.

This duo can sing, rap, dance, compose, are creative and enjoy their music. Check out these 3 songs:

1. RE-BYE

2. 200%

3. HOW PEOPLE MOVE

Spoiler
Spoiler

You wont feel bored because you just need this group to play live unplugged music for you - on a guitar !

I will ask my Uber driver to play

DiNOSAUR - yesss !! We are chased by Dinos..... sooooo scary !!!

Spoiler

Special:

Okay done! Do check out their YouTube Channel - Akdong Musician (AKMU)

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

Cherry ice cream melting under dark chocolate. Yum! :tongue:

ooh, after listening to his song, your description is so apt! he has such a whiskey kind of voice no? lovely. :)

9 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

(Not a crazy fan but i like their music when I first get to know them through a drama OST "I Love U")

kekeke... me too! heard of them through the same drama.. :D

Thanks @Lmangla sent us about this event. First, we introduce about Team H group, Jang Keun Suk's music next.

I want to introduce about group Team H" of Jang Keun Suk and his friend- Big Brother. They studied in Hanyang University. 

Team H is a two-member group with Jang Keun Suk and DJ Big Brother. DJ Big Brother has previously worked with Jang Keun Suk on his first Japanese mini-album. 

29775897146_e6b3cb7488.jpg

Q:  What mood is a good time to check out this group's music?

When we feel happy can listen some fun and exciting songs of Team H. Besides, we feel sad or stress you can listen some ballads songs to help you stronger and raising you up: "Beautiful Change" song

They can a beach with excited waves and winds blow gently in the fields, their musics can inspire many energy for everyone. 

You can listen all Monologue album-Team H 

Q:  If you had to name three songs to lure people into your fandom, what songs would you say would best describe the specific talents your idol group has and why?

- "Take Me" song, "Paradise" song, "I feel you" and "Kiss Me" song. I like many songs of Team H can't show all.

Spoiler

Their music - Team H will help you to overcome difficulties and giving you relax.

- Driving to the highway - TEAM H 

2 hours ago, kata48 said:

Thanks @Lmangla sent us about this event. First, we introduce about Team H group, Jang Keun Suk's music next.

I want to introduce about group Team H" of Jang Keun Suk and his friend- Big Brother. They studied in Hanyang University. 

Team H is a two-member group with Jang Keun Suk and DJ Big Brother. DJ Big Brother has previously worked with Jang Keun Suk on his first Japanese mini-album. 

didn't realize he was part of Team H group; thought he was a solo singer. learned something new!  :)

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

didn't realize he was part of Team H group; thought he was a solo singer. learned something new!  :)

Jang Keun Suk is solo singer, too. He often sings ballad songs in his Album or his own concerts.

In Team H, he sings rock, rap, and many kinds of music, sometimes rebellious a bit. :)

Although I like ballad songs but I still like music of Team H. 

@Lmangla I introduce about Jang Keun Suk and his music, it is a short summary not total. :)

Jang Keun Suk debuts to be singer in 2011 with single "Let Me Cry"

Multi-entertainer Jang Keun Suk is definitely one of the hottest hallyu stars. While he is currently busy touring various Asian countries with his “The Cri Show” his debut album managed to make history. 
Jang Keun Suk’s debut album “Let Me Cry” has claimed the number one spot on Japan’s Oricon chart. His album managed to sell over 119K copies within the first week of its release.  (https://www.soompi.com/2011/05/03/jang-geun-suks-debut-album-takes-no-1-spot-on-japans-oricon-chart/

Jang Keun Suk released his first full-length Japanese Album "Just Crazy" in 2012, it is also top the Oricon Weekly Chart.

In 2013, Jang Keun Suk released his second Japanese album, Nature Boy.    

He embarked on his first Zepp tour which traveled to different cities in Japan for a total of 14 concerts

In February 2015, Jang Keun Suk released his third solo album ‘Monochrome’ to celebrate his fifth anniversary in Japan. 

In August 2016, Jang Keun Suk released a new Japanese single titled "Darling, Darling" 

And in August 2017, Jang Keun Suk dropped his 4th full-length album Voyage with a total of 14 songs.

Jang Keun Suk sings English songs, Korean songs and Japanese songs. I love his voice so much.

He composed some songs: In my dream, Love letter and writing the lyrics "Voyage", "Stay"... 

I like Album "Monochrome" because it is special, although he sings all Japanese.

There are many songs I like to listen everyday, never boring, he can sing many kinds of musics.

"Voyage" song, Jang Keun Suk wrote the lyrics in 5 minutes, this song for Eels - his fans. :)

"Sunshine" song I love it. 

Spoiler

Oh, I really like this show "Endless summer" because Jang Keun Suk sings with string orchestra so wonderful.

Archived