[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

Thank god SY managed to get in touch with JH to warn him about JT being in danger.  JT should take refuge in Professor Park's house, and not roam the streets like what he is normally does, plus they know where he lives.

Finally mum learns about CJ/JT's relationship, that has been dragged on for too long and CJ's dad finds out in the preview.  Both JH and CJ are knuckleheads they want to keep their relationship a secret but choose to hug it out at front gates of their house, first caught by JT's mum then by CJ's dad.  CJ's dad could be disappointed but I hope he wont stand in the way of their relationship, I think he is a good hearted man who puts his daughter's happiness.above everything else.  Whats more I always thought this ahjushi had a soft spot for JT's mum... I remember how much moral support he gave her in the beginning when she was selling food on the streets.

JH conflicted over what his decision to bring Hwang down is going affect his wife and marriage.  What an idiot.  After all she and her family has done to him:tears:.  Wish I could smack him and knock some sense into him.  His loyalty to his chosen one baffles me.

BS is having second thoughts about her relationship with SP but she still has not made a clean break from him.  SP arranged to record and album for her, and asap she reported back for work the next day, so she is still using SP to advance her career.  This despite JH telling her he would find another agent for her.  

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview MJ weeping on finding out about her father's sordid past and what he did to the her husband's family.... pleeeazzzz give me a break, the writer should try to spin another lie in trying to make MJ human.  She had no qualms about her despicable act of kidnapping a child and putting him up for adoption and lying straight face through out about it, and now tney expect us to believe she has a conscience.   Wait until she finds out that daddy dearest p,ans to kill off JT and send JH to jail (preview shows prosecuters arriving at JH's office).  Maybe they are going to make it into a turning point for MJ's character and she might just choose JH over her father whom she has so far loved, respected and trusted over everyone else. Now that she knows the truth she might fight her father to clear JH's name against the charges.  Flashback to tne question JH asked her whether between him and her father who she would choose... after this revelations about her father, she might choose JH.

JH explained to Professor Park his reason for bringing his FIL down and asked for his protection for JT.... so at least someone credible other then JH/JT/KH knows now of Hwang's shady past.  Another plus point is that nobody seems to suspect that KH knows Hwang's sordid past and current manipulations.

The rest of tbe plot is plain boring now and I dont give it much thought .. especially JT/CJ or BS/KH/SP relationship.

47 minutes ago, lin55 said:

Preview MJ weeping on finding out about her father's sordid past and what he did to the her husband's family.... pleeeazzzz give me a break, the writer should try to spin another lie in trying to make MJ human.  She had no qualms about her despicable act of kidnapping a child and putting him up for adoption and lying straight face through out about it, and now tney expect us to believe she has a conscience.   Wait until she finds out that daddy dearest p,ans to kill off JT and send JH to jail (preview shows prosecuters arriving at JH's office).  Maybe they are going to make it into a turning point for MJ's character and she might just choose JH over her father whom she has so far loved, respected and trusted over everyone else. Now that she knows the truth she might fight her father to clear JH's name against the charges.  Flashback to tne question JH asked her whether between him and her father who she would choose... after this revelations about her father, she might choose JH.

JH explained to Professor Park his reason for bringing his FIL down and asked for his protection for JH.... so at least someone credible other then JH/JT/KH knows now of Hwang's shady past.  Another plus point is that nobody seems to suspect that KH knows Hwang's sordid past and current manipulations.

The rest of tbe plot is plain boring now and I dont give it much thought .. especially JT/CJ or BS/KH/SP relationship.

I have to agree with you.

I don't know if JH and Minji should still be together.

Their relationship is not sane, she spent her time screaming at him.

I was wondering does spineless mom officially knows about Hwang and DC stealing the gold?

She had doubts thanks to JT but now i don't remember.

The cast received the script for the last episode.

Looking at the poster CJ dad and Spineless mom are together.

Does it mean the dad won't come back?

9 hours ago, ezacessline90 said:

I have to agree with you.

I don't know if JH and Minji should still be together.

Their relationship is not sane, she spent her time screaming at him.

I was wondering does spineless mom officially knows about Hwang and DC stealing the gold?

She had doubts thanks to JT but now i don't remember.

The cast received the script for the last episode.

Looking at the poster CJ dad and Spineless mom are together.

Does it mean the dad won't come back?

1. Rant ahead...

Spoiler

UGH! I will not be happy if JH and MJ end up together at the end of this drama! Not that JH deserves to be back with SY....after everything he's done to her he deserves to be castrated hung upside down by his toes alone for the rest of his life. I mean, sheesh! This evil girl he dumped the sweet SY for KIDNAPS his child and takes the kid to an orphanage....that alone is solid grounds for divorce IMHO. And JH whines that he feels responsible for her? BARRRRFFF!

And now she's sad because she finds out her Daddy is a thief, a liar, a con artist and a murderer?!? Ohhhkay! Is she really gonna choose JH over her precious Daddy? Gimme a break. Hey writer-nim! Ever heard the American phrase, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"? You are telling me now that she develops a conscience and a moral compass this late in the show? I detest personality transplants to resolve the ending to a drama. MJ should remain true to her immature, jerky and petulant self. I would prefer JH to go to jail and not have him with MJ at the end of the story. He will be happier in the long run without her nagging and screeching at him. How sad is that? 

2. That pic was one of the original posters for the show and part of the reason I thought CJ's dad and JH's mom were going to end up together. I have to wonder if the Missing dad will be declared dead and that will be the end of that storyline. 

11 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

1. Rant ahead...

Hide contents

UGH! I will not be happy if JH and MJ end up together at the end of this drama! Not that JH deserves to be back with SY....after everything he's done to her he deserves to be castrated hung upside down by his toes alone for the rest of his life. I mean, sheesh! This evil girl he dumped the sweet SY for KIDNAPS his child and takes the kid to an orphanage....that alone is solid grounds for divorce IMHO. And JH whines that he feels responsible for her? BARRRRFFF!

And now she's sad because she finds out her Daddy is a thief, a liar, a con artist and a murderer?!? Ohhhkay! Is she really gonna choose JH over her precious Daddy? Gimme a break. Hey writer-nim! Ever heard the American phrase, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"? You are telling me now that she develops a conscience and a moral compass this late in the show? I detest personality transplants to resolve the ending to a drama. MJ should remain true to her immature, jerky and petulant self. I would prefer JH to go to jail and not have him with MJ at the end of the story. He will be happier in the long run without her nagging and screeching at him. How sad is that? 

2. That pic was one of the original posters for the show and part of the reason I thought CJ's dad and JH's mom were going to end up together. I have to wonder if the Missing dad will be declared dead and that will be the end of that storyline. 

Even if karma is not a thing in dramaland that change of personnality is weird.

Even if Thieving dad is evil she should stick with him.

And let JH free.

But that boy is dumb.

He still wants to be with Minji even though her father destroys his family and soon himself.

It felt that drama was on track but of course the writers had to make more nonsense.

Minji finding a conscience before the twelve episodes left :wacko:.

But JT being kidnapped is not a suprise since he still works for greasy minion.

Spineless mom but she will faint if she learns about it.

I feel like friday episode will end on JT being beaten.

And next week JH/KH will try to find him.

I hope the BS/KH relationship will be official soon, i'm tired of Hyerin smile.

Greasy minion needs to send other men to spy on JT.

Because you can spot them everytime.

Ok so JH goes to jail.

And Ax joins JT but i'm still scared about what will happen to him especially with JH under the bars.

Both Hwang and JH know that each is onto the other's game.  Hwang with SP, acted first and JH arrested by Prosecuters on some trumped up charges. So much for JH grandiose plans for revenge ... as usual it went pooof!!!

Ironically what caused MJ's tears was the fact  that JH married her cos he couldn't find a job due to his father being a defector, and not cos he loved her. Hwang  spinning another tale to MJ about the bag of gold and convincing her that he needs to act against JH who is out for revenge against him.  Looks like her tears did not sway Hwang's resolve to send JH to jail, and she failed to tell him of her father's intentions. 

Looks like the Professor has JT followed too,  to protect him from DC's thugs. Not sure who that guy is loyal to though, as JT looks shocked seeing a ring that guy has on (at least thats what I thought.. will know once subs are out).

SP has been instructed by Hwang to break it off with BS, but he remains quiet not  intending to comply with his uncle.  He the worst lying underhanded snake, coolly planning with his uncle to do off with JT and destroy JH, but still wants BS for himself.  He is just an identical copy of his despicable uncle.  Thank god in the preview BS overhead that conversation and she should grow a brain and know him for what he truly is.

In the preview.... as predicted mum swoons on learning about JH's arrest.  JH in blue prison garb, obviously no one gave him his hair gel as he has reverted to old scruffy self.   Nice to see JT finally give that oily weasel that punch, also going up against Hwang.  I cant wait for the day this lowlife is brought down ... he treats everyone who gets in the way of his pursuit for political power as pesky bugs that he can just swat away.  

9 hours ago, ezacessline90 said:

So now it will be JH turn to be in jail.

Luckily JW only stayed with his mom so he won't have to face that problem.

The convo between Minji and her dad frustrated me.

Thieving dad is like a cat always falling on his paws but less cute.

1. Contrarian thoughts: If I was JH, and my life was this much of a mess, I might plead guilty to anything to get away from MJ and Thieving Dad. I'd beg the prosecutor to throw the book at me. Jail would be a blessed relief from all that shrieking and yelling coming from MJ and her momma. And no SP there to backstab either. SY could visit and bring MS and I wouldn't have to worry that someone would see. I could read and study to my heart's content. I could tutor other prisoners. My Mom would probably bring me food too. 

Actually, I was ticked that Mr. Chae helped make false books and frame JH. However, he's been a big blabbermouth in the past, so maybe he will tip off JT or KH that there are two sets of books. Still hoping that Banker Boy (CJ's ex) will reappear and bring some financial statements in to help exonerate JH. 

2. Oh, you said it! Thieving Dad is less cute that any cat and that includes the snarling feral stray cats I feed! 

Good thing I had soup for lunch while I watched that scene or whatever I ate would have stuck in my throat! Thieving Dad is such a smooth talking con artist. (He's such a consummate politician. But I digress....!) I don't think MJ will stick with JH. She seemed much more upset that JH married her for money and not about the fact that her Precious Daddy is a lying, thieving scumbag. She coulda tipped JH off that something was about to happen, but she didn't. Maybe it's not gonna be a personality transplant issue after all. 

On 8/16/2018 at 2:45 AM, ezacessline90 said:

feel like friday episode will end on JT being beaten.

And next week JH/KH will try to find him.

That did not happen, instead there was a face off between Prof Park and Hwang & Gang of thugs, where JT turned up with Dokkee.  Preview JH released into the free world, now if he returns to his in-laws home, he definitely needs brain surgery just to make sure said brain is residing there and fully functioning.

Kudos to BS in laying out the truth to MJ and her mum.  The mum was disbelieving and MJ did as expected was non responsive and escaped to her room, presumably as usual to dive under the covers of her bed. She had done all her scheming and venting under those covers throughout this drama.  Fight with hubby...climb into bed, lying about pregnancy....climb into bed, kidnap MS....climb into bed, problems with SY...climb into bed, etc etc.  The only thing the bed was not good for was to get her pregnant.:D

Random thoughts about Hwang's assinine behaviour, turning up at a rally with DC and thugs in tow.  Reporters and photographers had a field day,  Hwang had another shin -kicking session with DC.  I think all thugs should invest in heavy duty shin pads cos they get hit alot there, and for Yong Chil (oily weasel's sdekick) additionally a helmet as DC targets both his shins and head.:lol:

On 8/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, lin55 said:

That did not happen, instead there was a face off between Prof Park and Hwang & Gang of thugs, where JT turned up with Dokkee.  Preview JH released into the free world, now if he returns to his in-laws home, he definitely needs brain surgery just to make sure said brain is residing there and fully functioning.

Kudos to BS in laying out the truth to MJ and her mum.  The mum was disbelieving and MJ did as expected was non-responsive and escaped to her room, presumably as usual to dive under the covers of her bed. She had done all her scheming and venting under those covers throughout this drama.  Fight with hubby...climb into bed, lying about pregnancy....climb into bed, kidnap MS....climb into bed, problems with SY...climb into bed, etc etc.  The only thing the bed was not good for was to get her pregnant:D

T

Random thoughts about Hwang's assinine behaviour, turning up at a rally with DC and thugs in tow.  Reporters and photographers had a field day,  Hwang had another shin -kicking session with DC.  I think all thugs should invest in heavy duty shin pads cos they get hit alot there, and for Yong Chil (oily weasel's sidekick) additionally a helmet as DC targets both his shins and head.:lol:

1. If I was JH, I'd leave everything and go back home to Spineless Mom. I'd never set foot in the Hwang house again. You can tell he feels the evil that resides there by his expression when he enters Thieving Dad's home, and he has since the beginning. Sadly, he pushed those feelings aside because of money and fear for his future. JH was not cut out for a life of backbiting, chicanery, lies, and deception. SY was the perfect match for him, but he threw it all away. I think that's a big point the writer-nim is trying to make: Don't compromise or "sell-out" for money or safety. At the end of the day, you won't have either.  

2. Okay, it's not fair to blame the bed! :P There is plenty of blame here to go around. The "magic herbal potion" that JH and MJ drank every night failed to produce a baby as well. If JH is up late every night working and studying, and/or he prefers to sleep in the den/study, the bed can't be at fault either. Hopefully, MJ can have the bed to herself now, and her bed can do what it does best: muffle her shrieks and screams and absorb her tears. It would be too much to ask the poor bed to help get her pregnant at this point, although I will say that my evil heart dreams that she will find out she is completely infertile after the divorce is final. Thieving Dad and his precious princess will be stuck together for a long, long, time.

Hwang got played by JT who negotiated JH's release from custody in exchange for handing over Dokhee.  Out manoeuvred by JT having press walk in just when DC was about to take dokhee away.  The look on hwang's face was priceless, he was fooled into releasing JH and Dokhee walked out unharmed.

Poor JT .... when things are going right for him as far as his relationship with CJ, payback from DC puts CJ's safety at risk and he is headed straight into that horrendous thrashing.  Predict that happens tomorrow.  Had a foreboding when finally he got ahjusshi permission to marry CJ, and they were happy taking photos, and also when the thug noticed CJ with JT.  Sigh!!  Tomorrow is going to be a sad day. 

Nice to see JH finally leaving that hellish house.  But he still frustrates me with not ending his marriage to MJ with his well used phrase that he chose her and giving her an ultimatum to either choose him or her father. Somehow I dont see her willing to live with him in that rather shabby house.  She is adamant in her refusal to divorce him though.  So if they dont divorce I think they might compromise to living separately from both their families.

As for Hwang's demands that JH leave both his company and his house after his attempts to placate JH fails, JH refuses to leave the company, telling him that the company was built with his family's stolen gold bars.  Hwang's attempt to put SP in Jh position backfires as JH has a photograph as evidence of the forceful takeover of the record company by SP.

Some random observations....JH is done being polite and subservient to everyone in his inlaws family, but I keep wondering for all his bravado now what happens when JT is out of the picture.  Seeing JH going up against Hwang and his gang gives me an image of a kitten going up against a pack of hyenas. 

Secondly, I cant stand SP, I want to punch his face when he appears on my screen. Here is a grown man who can differentiate between right and wrong, however anytime someone exposes Hwang's crimes he takes on an aggrieved stance like his uncle is as pure as snow and how dare anyone judge his chosen god.  His hero worship of his evil uncle is rather a twisted fawning for acceptance by his uncle as family.  Such a needy shallow character.

And finally, I definitely am not looking forward to tomorrow's episode.:wacko:

11 minutes ago, lin55 said:

I cant stand SP, I want to punch his face when he appears on my screen. Here is a grown man who can differentiate between right and wrong, however anytime someone exposes Hwang's crimes he takes on an aggrieved stance like his uncle is as pure as snow and how dare anyone judge his chosen god.  His hero worship of his evil uncle is rather a twisted fawning for acceptance by his uncle as family.  Such a needy shallow character.

Agreed!  He just irritates me to no end.  

13 minutes ago, lin55 said:

And finally, I definitely am not looking forward to tomorrow's episode.:wacko:

Poor JT.  :(

I was happy to see that spineless mom didn't want JH back at the Hwang house.

What JH did with the photo was smart but he should stop with his plans and being dumb when it comes to Minji.

So now i'm confused.
I thought JT fell into DC plan since he though AX was caught.
Do you really think CJ was kidnapped?
I never liked that storyline but maybe she should fart so the thug is disgusted and let her go.

Archived