[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

Minji mother is not the nicest person but i don't like how her daughter treats her.
The same can be said about the husband though.

For the first time i was happy to see Hyerin.
She probably told everything to her father, but i hope the preview is misleading because it feels like Thieving dad is threatening the congressman.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, lin55 said:

JT's lifeless body floating in the ocean ... if only JT did not give the professor's bodyguard the slip:(:(:tears::tears:

Ok. Oficially I do not like this writter. After so than drama you kill the most constant and honest caracter just like that. I am more than angry.  I don't know if I can watch wats left of the drama. Just going to stop here tos enough. 

I really hope JT is not dead.  No sign of him today or even in the preview.  Hopefully tomorrow's cliff hanger would be more promising. Like the slap the congressman gave Hwang.  Somebody so needed to bring that pick pocket back to earth... he was walking and talking like he owned everyone even threatening the congressman, as though he was untouchable.  Glad SY playing a little helpful detective role and passing info to JH.  JH totally lost it when Yong Chil told him JT was killed by DC, that he run amok in Hwang 's house thrashing stuff in the living room.  And I really dont understand how MJ things her marriage is going to survive this chaos, but I keep telling myself this is kdrama where writers come up with some pretty illogical mind blogging stuff.

39 minutes ago, lin55 said:

I really hope JT is not dead.  No sign of him today or even in the preview.  Hopefully tomorrow's cliff hanger would be more promising. Like the slap the congressman gave Hwang.  Somebody so needed to bring that pick pocket back to earth... he was walking and talking like he owned everyone even threatening the congressman, as though he was untouchable.  Glad SY playing a little helpful detective role and passing info to JH.  JH totally lost it when Yong Chil told him JT was killed by DC, that he run amok in Hwang 's house thrashing stuff in the living room.  And I really dont understand how MJ things her marriage is going to survive this chaos, but I keep telling myself this is kdrama where writers come up with some pretty illogical mind blogging stuff.

MJ thinks that way because she knows her husband is stupid. I get so irritated every time he mentions taking responsibility for her because he chose her. What more does her father have to do to his family for him to throw the b**ch away? And why he hanging on so tightly to screaming MJ. The woman has no respect for his family, she put his only child in an orphanage and she actually had the nerve to ask JH to forgive her father. This is called selfish to the higher power. If they are the end couple then this is the worse TV Novela to air in this time slot. 

I don't think JT is dead.

It wouldn't be a drama if he was able to marry CJ without trouble.

I sound like a broken record but i think it would have been a bigger and better shock if the father came back.

Speaking of him he better appears next week to see his son wedding and his grandson.

Why the writer decided to punish the honest character *sighs*.

And let Thieving dad free without worries.

He could write about book about self confidence, he never doubts of himself.

We can thank the congressman for that slap.

Hi everyone. I'm back from the family vacation been checking in here and there when I could and not to my suprise nothing much is going on.. Got a few dramas to catch up on..

To my dear @shamrockmom  I have noticed a few things bout these Tv novels , We watch two bad ones to get a good one.. I have to admit this one is on the lines with the Tv novel Eunhui started off good but got totally ridiculious in the end.. I thought a few actors should have been shot execution style at the end of it because afterall the things the horroible family done nobody went to jail and all was forgiving..  

Now about MJ I have to agree with you JH has sat with blinders on and she has in her mind that he'll forgive everything she and parents has done to that family but of course this is no fault of her own so she thinks.. Why not  when he stayed with her after what she did to his own child   It wouldn't suprise me if she camegto him with all the money and everything thieving dad owns in tow not to divorce or send her dad to prison how else would her and mom survive.. 

The preview with JH going crazy in the Hwang house was a bit funny to me.

And spineless mom who was done with Minji in today episode.

Hopefully these two will stop being weak.

First spineless mom should say to JH he needs to divorce the brat.

Second JH will realise he doesn't have to be responsible of Minji.

SP is really the worst.

He wants to get rid of the Oh brothers yet still wants BS to be his girlfriend.

It's also ironic that now he's in the good graces of his uncle he will end alone soon.

Thieving dad will throw him under the bus like DC.

9 hours ago, ezacessline90 said:

SP is really the worst.

He wants to get rid of the Oh brothers yet still wants BS to be his girlfriend.

SP definitely belongs to that crazy dysfunctional Hwang family.  They really are the worst.

25 minutes ago, lin55 said:

Here I am almost sure JT is still alive ..... Dokhee must have rescued him.

Okay. **deep breath** I don't think JT is dead either. I agree that Dokkee rescued him. It's got to be him. We know it's not the Professor's bodyguard--that's already been established. 

I am guessing Greasy Minion's thugs tossed JT in the Han River, and not into the ocean. The riverbank looked so primitive, but maybe that's how Seoul was back then. I'm not sure. 

But if it was the ocean, wouldn't it be cool if Missing Dad was escaping NK and their boat just happened (in perfect Kdrama circumstances) to be in the vicinity and he ended up rescuing his own son? Then Dad and son could take down Thieving Dad *and* clear the family name? Sigh. Maybe I need more meds. This drama is making me crazy.

I believe SP is a huge threat now. Thieving Dad loses his temper. SP stays cool and detached. He is using his brain in overdrive to plot against the Oh family. 

MJ has got to go. She is too stupid to wrap her brain around the fact that her dad did all those terrible things. Instead, she goes to jail and asks JH to forgive her father?!? OMG. Although that was a very well acted scene, I don't think MJ really gets the depths of her dad's crimes. 

5 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

Okay. **deep breath** I don't think JT is dead either. I agree that Dokkee rescued him. It's got to be him. We know it's not the Professor's bodyguard--that's already been established. 

I am guessing Greasy Minion's thugs tossed JT in the Han River, and not into the ocean. The riverbank looked so primitive, but maybe that's how Seoul was back then. I'm not sure. 

But if it was the ocean, wouldn't it be cool if Missing Dad was escaping NK and their boat just happened (in perfect Kdrama circumstances) to be in the vicinity and he ended up rescuing his own son? Then Dad and son could take down Thieving Dad *and* clear the family name? Sigh. Maybe I need more meds. This drama is making me crazy.

I believe SP is a huge threat now. Thieving Dad loses his temper. SP stays cool and detached. He is using his brain in overdrive to plot against the Oh family. 

MJ has got to go. She is too stupid to wrap her brain around the fact that her dad did all those terrible things. Instead, she goes to jail and asks JH to forgive her father?!? OMG. Although that was a very well acted scene, I don't think MJ really gets the depths of her dad's crimes. 

So true.

The way he reacted towards JH was crazy.

He acted like the Hwang bodyguard but he forgot that before he was nothing for his uncle or even Minji.

It was nice to see MS being nice instead of nagging spineless mom.

I liked KH telling greasy minion to stop joking when he said og my goto.

I almost wished JT appeared and punched him.

Monday's episode is ahhhmazing! Spoilers ahead.....

Spoiler

I live streamed this and missed about the first 6 minutes, but the rest of the show streamed fine. Spineless Mom grew a spine over the weekend and grabbed Greasy Minion by the lapels...of course he pushed her to the ground. It was good to see her actually do something besides wring her hands. Bok Shil read SP the riot act again and he tossed some stuff off his desk in a tantrum.  Bad news: MJ overheard JH and KH plotting something and that brat ran right to her daddy and blabbered it arrrgggh!  She also saw JH meeting SY and she had another hissy fit over that too, but SY kept cool and walked away. KH and JH know that there is some important paperwork in a safe in Thieving Dad's office. I think it's about the bribes to Congressman Oh, but not sure. Dokkee appears and KH/JH get him to open the combination lock on the safe which he does in about 3 seconds, lol!

Then the payoff...JT's washed up on the shore of the Han River at night. Omo. He's alive! Oh, I am sooo happy....he crawled a few more meters up and collapsed in some weeds. The preview shows JT reuniting with his family. Yessss! 

@shamrockmom what great feedback.  Was feeling a bit down watching TV on McCains passing .... but yr post sort of perked me up.  Will watch later ... thank god for JT indomitable spirit to stay alive.  Dokhee opening the safe was the icing on the cake.  Think we will hv very good episodes this week, but just hoping dumb as a door post JH will not reunite with MJ in the end as he did tell her his statement that he  he will stay responsible for choosing  her is not valid anymore.cos despite everything that happened she chose to believe her dad she still sided with him. That being said we all know how wishy washy JH is.

A couple more thoughts on this episode. Yes, I watched it twice without subs!

1. The actor who plays SP is killing it with his shifty eye movements and facial expressions in the last few episodes. He's a very good baddie! There is a lot of good acting going on as the drama ends, and I have to really commend the actors who are working in the intense heat of the summer, outdoors--yes I know a lot of scenes are shot at night when it's cooler, but some scenes are shot in the early morning (the shadows are the giveaway) and I can tell it's already hot.

2. @lin55 I had a momentary meltdown last week thinking that JH/MJ was gonna be the end game, but I am not worried about that now. He gave her a chance to pick him over her father. He even told her (I think it was in Friday's episode) that his offer for her to choose was now 'invalid' and off the table. She's going down with her Thieving Daddy. I dare to hope that JH/SY is endgame, even though I still believe JH doesn't deserve her--but doggone it if she takes him back, he better treat her like a Queen Goddess. 

3. I think one of the reasons JH hasn't mentioned (or almost any other character) about MJ kidnapping Min Soo is because that part must have been written in at the last minute to extend the drama. Now the writer is back on track with the original script and it hasn't been tweaked to include the kidnapping. Honestly, that kidnapping should have been enough grounds for immediate divorce IMHO. The next drama (Mrs. Cha Dal Rae's Love) didn't even have the first script reading until August 3, which was the original end date of "Through the Waves". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how far behind the next production was for whatever reason. Honestly, I think the writer did the best he/she could to extend the drama logically while under extreme duress. 

Spoiler

Who is this guy in the preview? The police bring him to the Oh family's house. It can't be the father, right? This guy is too young....but he's not a bad looking bloke for sure! Xz2XTwM.jpg

33 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:
Hide contents

Who is this guy in the preview? The police bring him to the Oh family's house. It can't be the father, right? This guy is too young....but he's not a bad looking bloke for sure! 

Not sure .... looks too young  to be the dad, but if I hazard a wild guess it could be the husband of that sister their father went to get furing the war.  Maybe he has some news on missing dad? He has not put in an appearance this late in the drama, maybe to shed light on the father's disapperance and to clear the Oh family of the guilty by assciation status.

Or is it some prosecutor Hwang has set up to indict JH on some trumped up charges again?  SP has been egging Hwang to take care of JH and remove him from company.  Now with the ledger missing, Hwang needs desperately to get rid of JH as he does not have any leverage to blackmail the Congressman with.  I am thinking its either one of this two reasons.

It was good to see the mom had enough of that bull****.

The cabaret crew beating greasy minion was funny.
DC is not a gentleman, he keeps pushing women to the floor.

I shouldn't be suprised by Mi Jin going to the Oh house to search the ledger but i am.

SY is right she shouldn't cover up her dad mistakes but the money is more important.

I'm also curious about the man.

I hope it's something good for the family because the drama is ending this week and it's no longer the moment to add barriers.

JH and Mi Jin are still together officially and Hwang didn't pay for his crimes.

I have 2 reasons to like Mal Soon in yesterday's episode, one when she joined in and whacked DC with the wooden ladle and secondly she did not scream when she saw BS and KH embracing.  Plus her was comforting BS's mom some what redeemed her in my eyes.

Could not watch today's episode yet:wacko:

I'm still speechleess at whats going on but tommorow episode shows a turn of events.. 

Spoiler

JH got arrested and dad is shock to see him out of jail so soon after he's been elected.. The end is going to be fun especially for MJ who served Jh there wedding rings after dad had him arrested.. Only to turn around to see a Mexian standoff between dad and JH in the preview..  Dad is shock to see him out of jail so soon. Dad down fall is near I'm looking forward to MJ eating crow begging JH to take her back..  

How I wish this writer leave SH and Aunt to serve MJ and Mom lip service at the end leaving MJ to see a happily JH and his family leaving her and mom living on the streets in the end.. Be nice to see them pan handling for food  

Finally got to watch, good episode but, with a stupid move on jH's part in revealing to Hwang that JT is alive.  Hwang betrayed DC who is on tne run from police.

100% that marriage ended.  Preview MJ returns her ring:D.  Now if only the writer will leave it there.... they hv this habit in TV Novels at the end of potraying good korean family values of forgiveness .

Hwang with help of congressman framed both JT and JH for being @@@@@@@ (could not identify the word but I think they were accused as being spies).  Preview shows JH being slapped by some government agent .... I have seen such scenes in other dramas where such harsh interrogation in some dark room takes place.  Reason Hwang and congressman used this charge was that previously that congressman had covered up the gulity by association rap.  If that cover up is exposed both of them be compromised.

Archived