[movie 2007] Strongest Romance 최강 로맨스

Guest ripgal

Guest sweet_treats1812

oh wow, thanks for the subs!!! im downloading the movie from naynay's right now...a couple more minutes to go! :w00t:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heee, I just finished watching this movie and lol, I'm just itching to talk about it.

********* SPOILERS AHEAD**************

Well you know, I had high high hopes and expectation for this movie cause it stars ne sarang, Lee Dong Wook :blush:. And let me tell you, high expectation is never ever good, partly cause most of the time you would end up disappointed, and partly cause it takes away the fun. In some ways, I expirienced a tiny bit of both. Before you curse me over, please let me explain, I want to get the negative stuff out of the way. I had seen numerous BTS, NGs, Trailers, Interviews, you name it. So, I have practically seen all (okay, most) of the movie's golden moments. And I think it's one of the reasons why I didn't really burst out laughing or was totally blown away and such when watching the movie. Another reason in my opinion is simply cause the movie is a bit flat. I don't think it reaches a very good climax, somehow. The flow is good at first, but again, it is not climactic.

Anyways, now that we've got that out of the way.

Plot. The execution isn't spectacular as I said, but I actually really like the storyline of the movie. It is simple, and it has a very down-to-earth vibe to it. No over the top crime case, news stuff, and such. The guy is a good cop who is handling a drug case, while the girl is a passionate but 'amateur' journalist. It's very human, and believable. I'm just kinda amused at how different Korean Movies and Dramas are. In dramas, it's all about 'big', being rich, flashy, fabulous, glamorous, beautiful, and all that, but in movies, it's almost 180 degrees the other way around. It's seriously so different. This movie is successful in bringing that realistic ambience to it.

Characterization. For me, this is one of the most interesting points of the movie. The guy is born to be a cop, he's very talented in it, except for the fact that he's scared to death by pointy stuff (ANY pointy stuff, he's even scared of HY's nails). The fact that he isn't exactly a 'nice' guy also doesn't help. As usual, we all fall in love with the ssaggaji type. However, I'm glad that while the movie uses the bad boy aspect, it doesn't overuse it. As well, the movie acknowledges LDW's good looks but doesn't focus on it. We see that yes, Detective Kang (LDW) is a hot but impatient guy who has a sensitive side, like any other Romantic Hero, we've all seen and loved, but he's also unique in the fact that he pretty much a dummy when it comes to sexual tension/love/romance. Throughout the movie, there is almost no (I think even no) sign that he is affected by any of the said things. Even when Journalist Choi (HY) kisses him, he is shocked for a minute, chuckles, and moves on, probably thinking what he would like for dinner. And when Choi professes her love through her article, he just rolls his eyes and appears to be annoyed. For his gf, that's probably frustrating as hell, but for us viewers, that's surely entertaining.

The girl is a journalist who has been involved since her college days that she doesn't know what she would do if she isn't a journalist. Again, she appears like the ordinary sassy girl, who instead of being sorry for stabbing someone with a fish cake/stick, is putting that incident up in her newspaper :lol: However, we see something different in her spirit. She doesn't adopt the lead female attitude of being a crazy but prudent and chaste. She is crazy, annoying, outrageous, but at the same time still lively and likable. Furthermore, as with LDW, the movie also tips its hat to HY's sex appeal but never focuses solely on it. And in turn, I'm gonna tip my hat for it cause I think it is really hard to have 2 gorgeous leads but not use it to its full advantage.

The other side characters also play quite a nice role here. True, we have the bad guy, the drug dealer and such, but I don't think he's necessairily one of those purely black character. The HY's onni is the one to be noted. Seriously, she is the most retarded character in this whole movie. I mean her first scene is grabbing her junior's butt, and actually grabbing, not patting :lol:. And Stephanie? OMG, I laughed so hard when the onnie picks up the lifeless snake and sob. LDW's hyung is not a bad addition either. You can sense that while Kang is ignorant to most people/stuff, he actually cares a lot about his hyung. Vice versa, the hyung also knows Kang close enough to want to put up with him.

Acting. I know I am all biased, cause LDW's my hero, but I actually think the acting is good enough. Not an Oscar worthy performances, but actually realistic and quite believable. What I'm most surprised about is the dynamic between LDW and HY. I am all for LDW/LDH, but LDW and HY were actually so fun to watch. I totally did not expect to be so amused by the pairing even tho I saw them together promoting the movie quite a lot. And I was so pleasantly surprised that despite my previous doubt (cause they just look different and too brother/sister type) I still enjoyed their chemistry enormously.

Overall, I actually love this movie even tho I did point out its less admirable side. I think the movie is light and proud of it. It doesn't try too put in too much stuff or trying to be more sophisticated. Its main objective seems to be to please and entertain the audience. And dare I say it, it was pretty successful getting good points from me.

Guest incarnadine

Wow, thanks for the lengthy but informative view, deeta. I myself am not expecting too much of the movie; I certainly am not expecting it to be an Oscar-type film. I just expect to be entertained, and to feel light and fuzzy all over right after I watch it. I think the cast and crew of SR never represented this movie to be a deep or thought-provoking one, but they did promise that the people are going to be entertained by it, and I think I will be. :)

Guest hannahhhxbanana

IF anyone find the movie at youtube, veoh, dailymotion or anything that does not have to do with downlad can you please post it.....my computer is being stupid so it wont let me download anthing..:[

Guest lilgzl

Finally finished watching this movie!!

And I'm totally agree with what deeta said

I was so excited about this movie when the news about LDW would be in it.

Anyway...I don't watch much K Movie (I watch many dramas) but this is worth to see!

The last movie I enjoyed was She's on Duty (Kim Sun Ah)

So yeah......go for it!

Don't expect too much but you'll surely enjoy the chemistry between LDW and HY here.

I'm a big fan of My Girl and currently also watching H!M, so watching this brings back my MG withdrawals...LDW-LDH :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

Guest lakatsumi

hi ...can someone please reupload the subtitle for me ... ? thanks...

Here I reupload the link to sendspace:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/reugme

ENJOY!

thx for sub :rolleyes:

but i confused that why i couldn't see this sub from nanay clubbox :blink:

how did you loaded it?

pls tell me because i want sub of another movie from naynay clubbox

Oh i got it @ kLOOFy.net

Here is the link to the site.. but, you must register first to access the site.

http://www.kloofy.net/modules/news/

If you're still confuse about how the site work just PM me. I will help you look for the subtitle you need..HOpe this help! ^_^

Guest samgirl

great movie! throughly enjoyed it! =) can someone point me where I can download the ending song? where LDW sang it himself

Guest mimi1931

someone just uploaded the movie on veoh.com

you can go watch it there

and it has no sub

and the quilaty is not that good....

---------------

so, all i have to do to combine the movie parts and the sub together with HJsplit?

then i can watch the movie, right?

Guest STR8UPGSTATUS

to join the parts you need to d/l HJsplit...here

I'm uploading the DVD rip (single version) on MU at the moment, so you may want to wait and d/l this new one, as I think it will have a better quality.

Thanks so much! My friend was just telling me about it!

DVDrip Single CD Version ~ Credits to naynay123 CB

Megaupload Links (Need HJsplit to combine the parts)

The Perfect Couple Part 1

The Perfect Couple Part 2

The Perfect Couple Part 3

This version works with the Eng subs (the link was posted by sasa-chan)

Ah thanks again! ^_^

Guest lilgzl

---------------

so, all i have to do to combine the movie parts and the sub together with HJsplit?

then i can watch the movie, right?

You only need to combine all 3 parts with HJsplit

Then make sure the movie have the same name as the sub file

For example:

[naynay]tpc (DVDrip) Single CD Version and [naynay]tpc (DVDrip) Single CD Version.srt

You can't combine the subtitle file with hjsplit.

Just make sure you have codec installed so that it will play the sub when you play the movie (more info abou tthis you can see on the tech thread I think)

Hope this helps :)

Guest Tommygurluhm

You'll need to download DirectVobSub <<<click here for instructions

Most importantly, just ensure that your movie file & subtitles file have exactly the same name

eg. >> strongest_romance.avi >> strongest_romance.srt

Hope that helps!

KMPlayer works just as well too.

Guest hannahlove

deeta said it well.

They totally DID NOT play off his looks... which I loved.

BUT DAMMNNN he was hot in it.

I did expect a LOT because HE was in it... BUT I usually don't go in expecting a lot from Korean movies.

I'm so used to Kdramas... so movies don't do it for me.

Mmm I know if it was some other actor I wouldn't have watched this movie.

However... they did a good job with his paranoia. I loved it... showing his spiderman calming techniques and his WHOLE house was full of 'round' things hahah even his comforter.. how cute.

Mmm there really wasn't ROMANCE, but it was an interesting 'love story'.

Archived