[movie 2007] Strongest Romance 최강 로맨스

Guest ripgal

Guest ripgal

Just wanna share my complete opinion of the movie.

Honestly, I dont think the plotline complements the title - if we're talking about the Choikang/Strongest Romance concept. I love the pun on it; but I didnt feel the romance between the two characters that strong. I was extremely excited and looking forward to squeals of laughter; I didnt get that much. It is simply light romance and comedy.

However, i think the strongest point of this movie is the acting of actors. I love HyunYoung's boss and LDW's partner. The villain as well did his part to annoy me (considering I remember him as this good guy from Great Inheritance). The acting of the two leads were superb. I didn't see a trace of GongChan in the Kang character. It says a lot of LDW's portrayal. He's still not at the level of WonBin, KSW or Kang DongWon [just to name a few], in terms of being this chameleon-like ways of adapting to the character. But, LDW is getting there. [He can certainly play an uptight, geeky-like, stoic character. He can pull of that obsessive, crazy-minded like the one in Arang, or this tough, impulsive, "peak-phobiad" detective]. I'm looking forward to see more projects from him.

That was what I thought too. Honestly, they shouldn't have used Romance in the title if they didn't plan to emphasise on it. Luckily I didn't expect too much from the movie, hence I enjoyed it a lot. I think it's like what we always say. The higher your expectations, the more you will be disappointed. This happened to me when I watched 200 Pounds Beauty, in which I had expected a whole lot of laughter, but in the end I was a teeny weeny disappointed.

And you were right about the actors' portrayals of their characters. Wookie did a good job and nailed his character right on spot beautifully. Altho I can imagine other actors capable of portraying such a character, I think Wookie's features, get up and his ability to assert into the image of KJH just clicked in with the character itself. I kinda agree about Wookie not being at the level of KSW and KDW (also 2 of my fav actors) yet, but he has obviously improved a lot and I'm sure he'll do his best to assert his best and prove himself worthy of a good actor. He may not be the best actor out there, but his diligence and passion for acting are praiseworthy and are certainly some of the reasons why I like him as an actor and a person.

And don't worry, he mentioned that he will be coming out with a new drama soon. Can't wait! :w00t:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest incarnadine

Thanks for the review uruchai, really appreciate it. I have yet to see the movie and I will certainly try my best not to expect too much :sweatingbullets: I am glad that people like you who have seen the film have good things to say about LDW -- I am glad of his improvement and I hope to see more of it in his projects to come. Dong Wook ~ Fly higher! ^_^

Guest sweet_treats1812

hi all~ does anyone have the subs for this movie that sync's with the video in naynay123's clubbox? i went back a couple pages and saw that this question has been asked before but no one has answered yet so far...sorry for the insistence :sweatingbullets: i clicked on the link that happyshirt provided but for some reason, i can't figure out where the subs are supposed to be... :unsure: what title does this movie have on kloofy.net?

Ah, finally got around to watching this just now. It was really cute in some parts, but the plot itself was on the tame side. LDW was HAWTNESS personified, I kept rewinding all the fight scenes! :D And I love that part where she trips on the stairs at the club and he grabs hold of her and practically pushes her against the wall. *sways* All in all, an okay movie. I'm starting to feel that LDW could have chemistry with anyone now. Aw, I miss him and LDH. I'm hoping against hope they work together again eventually.

Guest lilgzl

hi all~ does anyone have the subs for this movie that sync's with the video in naynay123's clubbox? i went back a couple pages and saw that this question has been asked before but no one has answered yet so far...sorry for the insistence :sweatingbullets: i clicked on the link that happyshirt provided but for some reason, i can't figure out where the subs are supposed to be... :unsure: what title does this movie have on kloofy.net?

sweet_treats1812 ~ these subs work with the DVDrip Single version in naynay cb (post #188 uploaded by sasa-chan)

which ones that you d/l? I think naynay also has the srt for the CD1 and CD2 versions

yes the sub is out for this movie~

Here is the link for the sub:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...05C0AA26EF2E3F5

The sub is for the Single CD DVDrip Version

dangyenngoc

you can get the subs here,

http://www.kloofy.net/modules/news/

**Anyway, thanks naynay123 ^_^

Guest sweet_treats1812

^i downloaded the one from naynay but the subs don't come out during the later parts of the movie..i think some of the lines are missing...

if it's not too much trouble, can u reupload the subs that was on yousendit? the link has expired...thank u so much! or u can just tell me where the subs are at kloofy.net and i can just get it from there...the link provided by tuna_madunna is a little confusing :sweatingbullets: all i see are links to news...

Guest sweet_treats1812

Does anyone has a clubbox link for thisa movie>?

this clubbox has it:

http://clubbox.co.kr/naynay123

look under kmovies, then click new (2005~2006), and read through the files that come up...the filename of the movie there is "the perfect couple"

is this in any clubbox threads where ID and password are not necessary?

the clubbox link i just put up doesn't need an ID and password :)

Guest FTIsland&Primadonna

i just finished watching this today.

yeah the title didnt really go with the movie. there was no romance sense in the movie between the two. haha well until the last part. it was a okay movie, the beginning was kind of boring but the ending was getting cooler. and yes i was getting a little irritated by hyun young voice too. I watch it cause of Lee Dong Wook ^_^

i wouldnt say its the worst movie . its okay and you can actually watch the whole thing. haha

the only one who made me crack up was Hyun Young Unni in the movie. she was crazy yo. haha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kler

found a review while browsing the net

http://lunapark6.com/the-perfect-couple-th...st-romance.html

The Perfect Couple (The Best Romance)

written by luna6

Movie : The Perfect Couple / Choegang-romance (Best Romance) /

Year : 2007

Director : Jung-Woo Kim

Starring : Yeong Hyeon (Soo-Jin), Dong-Wook Lee (Jae-Hyuk)

Run Time : 113 Minutes

Rating : 6.0

Plot Synopsis : Soo-Jin, a young news reporter, takes a break from her job by indulging in one of the finest of Korean street vendor delicacies - the skewered fish sausage (odang). While talking on her cellphone and eating the skewered fish sausage, Soo-Jin is in for a rude awakening of sorts. A cop named Jae-Hyuk is frantically chasing a drug dealer on foot when he inadvertently crashes into Soo-Jin. The skewered fish sausage becomes lodged into Jae-Hyuk’s abdomen.

To make matters worse, Jae-Hyuk suffers from an acute fear of sharp pointed objects. He finds it difficult to even look at a fork or knife and was barely able to get into the police department because of his phobia. When Jae-Hyuk sees the fish sausage lodged into his abdomen he passes out immediately. Soo-Jin causes a minor storm by reporting this incident on her television show and on the Internet.

Thus the romance between Soo-Jin and Jae-Hyuk begins.

Movie Review : The Perfect Couple is a standard Korean Comedy/Romance film that stands out for the sheer likability of the main characters Jae-Hyuk and Soo-jin. The story itself is fairly typical for these types of movies: two characters accidentally bump into each other, they initially hate each other, but as they keep running into each other they slowly begin to fall for each other. Usually you can expect a scene or two in a Karaoke bar, a scene or two in a restaurant with 4 or 5 bottles of soju consumed by the two characters. Consequently they get absolutely trashed and the guy ends up taking the girl to a motel or back to his apartment (more often than not carrying the girl on his back). When the girl wakes up, she mistakenly believes that the guy took advantage of her while she was passed out.

The Perfect Couple follows this motif to a tee, but throws in the news reporter vs cop angle, as well as the cop vs drug dealers angle to differentiate itself. The scenes between the cops and the drug dealers didn’t necessarily adhere to logic or common sense, but than again that’s really secondary to the fun feel of “The Perfect Couple.”

So with all these predictable things going on in the story and the sub-par action sequences thrown into The Perfect Couple you may think this movie was a total dud, but fortunately it wasn’t. Credit goes to Yeong Hyeon, who played Soo-Jin, and Lee Dong-Wook, who played Jae-Hyuk, for making the Perfect Couple a fun movie to watch. They were charismatic enough to make this fairly standard 2 hour romance/comedy compelling to watch. You may recognize Yeong Hyeon if you have seen My Wife Is A Gangster 3. She played the shrill voiced Korean-Chinese translator in My Wife Is A Gangster 3. Basically she stole the show in that movie with her supporting role and in The Perfect Couple she does the same in the starring role Although the jokes written in the movie were never “laugh out loud” funny, it was hard not to smile whenever Yeong Hyeon was on-screen as Soo-Jin. Lee Dong-Wook, whose only prior big screen performance was in the Korean horror movie “Arang,” made a very impressive impression as the stoic cop with the unusual fear of pointed objects.

You won’t find anything you haven’t seen before in the Perfect Couple and if you’re seeking out your first taste of Korean Romance/Comedy films then you should seek out something more original like My Sassy Girl, Someone Special, Bewitching Attraction or the Art of Seduction. But if you have seen all those and crave something similar then “The Perfect Couple” should fit the bill very nicely. Yeong Hyeon and Lee Dong-Wook were both very good as the leads in the film and you will often find yourself smiling along with their crazy antics.

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

although i dont really like hyun young's voice, this movie looked funny when i saw the preview...

Guest alexthegirl62

Dude, Hyeon Young's voice IS really weird and annoying BUT she's got to be the best drug burner and homemade bomb maker there is! Her friend isn't too bad at it either HAHAHAH I was dying the last 15 mins! (But then again she's pretty yupki huh?) hahahaha oh man! It wasn't bad but I don't know if I feel the chemistry between Hyeon Young and Dong Wook. Hrm. It WAS pretty cool to see Dong Wook kinda gangsta though. :D

sweet_treats1812 ~ these subs work with the DVDrip Single version in naynay cb (post #188 uploaded by sasa-chan)

which ones that you d/l? I think naynay also has the srt for the CD1 and CD2 versions

Hello there... I'm a fan of LDW & I just finished downloading this movie at club box but I could not seem to get the SRT for the Single CD version (that was what I downloaded). The link on Yousendit says file has expired & kloofy's has SRT files for 2 CD's. is there a way to combine both files to make it as one Single CD version SRT? Or is there anyone who has the link for the Single CD version of the SRT for it.... please.... hope somebody could help me with it..... onegai.... :unsure:

Guest stephchan86

hi^^, just downloaded the movie but can't seem to get the subs, I downloaded from this clubbox, but the subs is CD1 and CD2, clubbox is being mean so is not downloading the subs, can anybody download them and post them here?pleaseeeee!, thanks!!!!1>.<

http://clubbox.co.kr/iyagi -->link to clubbox >.<

Guest eternityxdream

Dude, Hyeon Young's voice IS really weird and annoying BUT she's got to be the best drug burner and homemade bomb maker there is! Her friend isn't too bad at it either HAHAHAH I was dying the last 15 mins! (But then again she's pretty yupki huh?) hahahaha oh man! It wasn't bad but I don't know if I feel the chemistry between Hyeon Young and Dong Wook. Hrm. It WAS pretty cool to see Dong Wook kinda gangsta though. :D

---hahah i agree with u that she's good at homemade bomb..she's crack me up the most in the movie especially all the parts she was with her friend..i think that's how her voice is but i'm used to it already..---

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chigurl

i watched this yesterday and i loved it

i really didnt know what to expect but its a fun comedy

i highly recommend ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yuyi

OMG people is going to kill me after reading this but..

do someone have this movie in the .avi format without the .001 because I really dont know what does that mean :tears:

and I also dont know how to use the clubbox :wacko:

sorry I just need help....Im new in this..

thanks

Archived