[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

8 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Sitting through this episode was painful but the ball is with Se-hee now and he needs to stop hiding in his very own snail house and fight for the one and only person he wants.

Also, he needs to be happy himself to be with Ji-ho. His heart is still empty... and an empty and unhappy heart can't give much. And Se-hee has a lot to give. But his happiness comes first.

But don't think for a second Ji-ho is less hurting.....

Sorry to cut the post. I like it.

So, it's time for SH to regroup, strategize and eat some bananas?

That was some random soccer reference (eating the bananas, that is).

• Like 10
  • LOL 7

46 minutes ago, meiil said:

So maybe WS and him switch places, since both of their houses are filled with memories of HR and JH and it's too much for them to handle.  I guess it makes sense, tho I really don't see SH living in that rooftop apartment for long.

This makes a ton of sense to me!! Both need a change in environment. And from the looks of that pic in the editing room, SH moved JH's mattress from his apartment to the rooftop place. U can see that it's a floor mattress (SH's bed in his apartment had a headrest). Even the bedding looked like the ones JH used when she was staying at his place...Awwwww...that's so sweet (him wanting to sleep on the bed that JH slept in). :wub:

• Like 12

5 hours ago, T-e-z-u-k-A said:

I totally agree with you on this...I mean, I'm not angry at JH per se, I just am wrecking my brain trying to understand her actions but I can't!!! 

I feel like I have missed something major since the last episode because most of you are saying that JH left because it's selfless love (how?!). I don't understand how though, if anyone could explain that to me it'd help a lot with my understanding.

Personally I see JH's actions as selfish, even if she meant well: she left because she wanted SH to open up, come to terms with his own Room 19, and choose her actively. But my question is: why must she do that? Is it that necessary because she already somehow got to know about his feelings. Knowing how he is, why is she trying to push him over the edge? Why can't she just accept him for who he is? She is making him so miserable, so as to "push" him into taking actions, that's a bit extreme no?  

If she wants to leave him because she can't be with someone like that in the long run (can't deal with all the insecurities, can't deal with the opacity of his feelings etc) then fine, but it's for her own good, for the well-being of her heart. She shouldn't say that it's for SH (okay she didn't say this, but it's our own interpretation) when the poor guy is suffering so much because it's just how he works. I'm just being the devil's advocate here but I don't see why she absolutely has to change him, love is based on compromise and understanding, not because one is pulling these stunts to trigger feelings from the other person. I love JH to bits but I don't understand her move this time, maybe we will see more of her point of view in the next episode. Instead of acting like she did, she could simple sit him down and confront him about JM, about his feelings for her (I mean I would want to know whether the kisses meant anything!), and their future together (or the possibility of). How is this different from when HR gave WS the pressure to marry her? I understand that people need to get out of their comfort zone once in a while to grow, but the way she went about it just makes me so frustrated...

At the end of the day, I wish and I know that our couple will get a happy ending. However it just kinda drives me crazy that they can't just sit down and talk and avoid all of this misunderstandings and sufferings! 

Actually I feel that it's necessary for JH to do this. I don't think that her sole goal is to make him hurt, but she does realize that it was probably going to happen. @xxPeepsxx word choice is very correct: gamble. JH is gambling on the pain in the hopes of leveling out and clarifying their marriage terms. But you see, they are going into something serious: a real marriage founded on principles of love, union, belongingness and by leaving, Ji Ho is establishing her terms. If she was going to commit, it can never be a marriage built on just the foundations of convenience (it's marriage!) and she needs SH to realize this. These are her non negotiable terms but before SH can come to the negotiation table, she needed to make sure that he felt her terms. I believe they will talk this out much like they talked the whole Kimjjang out. She followed SH to Namhae and I think when she hears that SH left his house, she's going to go back to Seoul for him too. I don't think she intends to let it simmer to the point that it destroys him of course (unless she really has decided that she doesn't want to deal with SH for the rest of her life, which is NOT the case), she will take responsibility for her actions. As strong and determined as Jh may have looked, she is not having a fun time. She's also in pain but this is pain she's willing to endure for a better future.

i do wholeheartedly agree that these two need to talk and I think they will. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

DeJhsVE.jpg

Also, for the longest time, tvN DRAMA had a different featured video (like an old commercial video) on its YouTube homepage. Well, they've got Ep 16's preview on their home page now. Wow. That's pretty impressive. 

Speaking of YouTube, the comments section for the ending scene of Ep 15 is pretty much all of us freaking out when we first watched it raw. :wink:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice if run time become 2 hours. There are so many story to explain. Since there 3 couple here. 1 hours isn't enough how this story will end. I realize something, in the pics that you are guys mentioning. Its the same dress that Jung So Min wear in her ig wearing a ring is'nt it? 

I think the one who move first to WS place is JH. Since JH don't have a room and she need it. And SH move to JH place. I think JH just traveling for 1 week until JH SIL give birth. Then she's move in to WS place.

I don't want to watch episode 15 until i get the happy ending to night. So i fully understand what JH did.  :)

• Like 12

The scene with sooji and her mom really hit me hard, i have the biggest soft spot when it comes to mother-father-child crying scenes TTTTT

SH’s crying scene at the end was heartbreaking, but it was kind of a breakthrough into SH’s feelings, he doesn’t show his feelings that often with or without people, so this was definatly a positive sign on my end for the next episode. Not saying he hasn’t but overall this is a big break through into his heart, to kind of shake him up to see that he has become attached to JH, and that he really does need him despite letting her go.  

I am seriously nervous about the next episode.. I hope like others say that the episode is atleast 2HRS, or we get a special.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

I love how this drama shows marriage isn’t about 2 people but many people who put in theirs hearts, minds and opinions in the relationship. 

SJ can’t imagine being wed since nobody will accept her knowing she only have her disabled mother. 

HR’s mother meddle in WS and HR’s future wedding and speed up their break up. 

And of course all the dramas between JH and SH’s family ( mostly SH’s parents). 

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I realize something, in the pics that you are guys mentioning. Its the same dress that Jung So Min wear in her ig wearing a ring is'nt it?

I'm sorry to cut your post, @Pikachu92, but I'm not sure if that pic of JSM wearing what looks like a wedding ring is related to the show. The photo was taken on 23 October, which is when they were probably filming the first half of the episodes. But still, would be cute if SH bought a wedding ring to signify the beginning of their pure marriage. :wub:

Kudos to those who found out the OTP was moving to WS' to-be ex-apartment! So the purpose of the hanok setting still remains a mystery. 1 hour and 15 minutes to draw a closure for the 3 couples indeed seem too short. I'd hate if each of them gets the equal amount of screen time. I've come to the point where I couldn't care less about the other couples, thanks to the frustrating lack of honest communication between the OTP. :mellow:

• Like 8

Wow. Just wow.

I never like noble idiocy, but this time, I feel it all legit and its like they say, its nobody's fault. Its just happened to be that way.

Sure its super angsty. But its needed. And legit.

The last scene was shot very tragically beautiful, and it makes me realize for the first time the extent of Se Hee's wound from the past. Even though he finally heard from JM that he can, should be happy, its not enough and not really the matter anymore. The convo with his father clearly depict what he fears the most for his partner; being bagged with the concern for his father and mother and if something goes wrong, being thrown under the bus to save their son in the name of parental love, plus his fear of hurting someone he cherishes again, and his belief (as well as promise) not to stand in that people's way to happiness, no matter what he wants..... no wonder his last words were so powerful,

"What do I do....,"

"I miss her...,"

in conveying how helpless, confused, and lonely he felt in that moment. He knows what he feels, and maybe what he wants, but he can do nothing about it since he prioritizes Ji Ho over himself. His so called peaceful life, is really just a frame for him, something that he could hold on to because he was so afraid of hurting others anymore.

Then again, even if he is to confess now, what will be in the future for them?

Sure, telling her what he feels will at least help them to express their longing for each other, but with his current self, and her current condition, it wont be enough.

Se Hee needs to open up if he is to communicate with Ji Ho, because we viewers can see that she isnt as perceptive as Se Hee, and she needs that communication for them to work out, unless she will always be in confusion about his thought, his feeling, etc, and being Ji Ho, its hurtful.

Se Hee is the one who needs to find answers within him and tackle his hurdle of opening up to others, in order for him to gain happiness.

Kudos to LMK, and the directing team, for the portrayal of Se Hee.

Ji Ho...

I'm partially glad for her for being able to find herself and hv the courage to defend herself and her view, as well as choosing the path she believes in. Its satisfying how she can tease JM, meaning that her confidence is there, and how she told Se Hee's mother how hurt Se Hee is, and they were wrong to hurt him, and she doesnt want to be a bridge for them (to me, implying that they have to solve the issue with their son personally, not because she doesnt care, but because she knows thats the best for them all plus she is avoiding a more terrible fate of being trapped between the two parties for the rest of her life, victimized if things go wrong).

Her feelings of his unsaid confession/proposal, is legit, because of how tangled the situation should she accept it now. Now that love is there between them, all the things that seem to be meager and simpler to do at the beginning begins to be harder, because real feelings are there. And like they said, real feelings, from hearts that originally beautiful and want the best for others, in the face of marriage, can loose its original shape because of the string of attachments rooted from various relationship in it.

If they love each other, they need to sort things out properly before agreeing to embark to a new journey. Be it lover, or marriage. They need to reconsider the effect of each other families to the relationship they choose, as well as their personal life, before choosing whats best for them in the future. Esp for the younger Ji Ho.

(Despite that, I can see that Ji Ho keeps giving Se Hee the chance of opening up...but he isnt ready yet. And so she probably understands..)

Clean cut, intermission, time to evaluate their first marriage/relationship, and plan for the second phase, is inevitably what they need.

Im really curious now about how this writer will reunite them, and how Ji Ho will act on her conviction to love Se Hee wholeheartedly once she is back from the trip, if she ever goes. How will she wait for his heart to come to her when they hv little to no reason to meet. Se Hee is a tougher nut to crack, but maybe the loneliness and the spur of his wish for happiness (he showed us once that he can pursue it if he steels himself to), will help him to actively reach for her and open up to her. I really dunno, and that makes me eagerly anticipating this writer's finale.

Su Ji and her mom's scene was short, but very powerful.

"..my sweetest girl..now fly high...for your mom..."

*tearing up instantly* *Go Su Ji, no wonder she is so badass..her mom is great*

Ho Rang and Won Seok..are they really finish being lover and move on to being friend now? But its nice to see Ho Rang being more sirene and calm, and rational (its so sweet that she thought her years were beautiful, because its with him). They clearly still hv lingering affections for each other, either have potential lovelines, but seemingly neither hv genuine interest in those new ppl. Again, i dunno how the writer will ties their end, but Im waiting for pleasant surprise.

Meanwhile, lets give Se Hee a biggg hugg.......*sst..youre not loosing your one and only love boy, just you wait, oh no, just you wait AND act* 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, hannajo said:

For someone who has never been in a relationship or experienced love, I thought it was so gutsy and smart of her. Perhaps it's because she's someone who's in touch her feelings, unlike SH. She knew he needed a jolt to force him to get rid of the baggage he carried for the past 12 years. He may not love JM anymore, but he was still keeping his "Room 19" shut to JH. I felt for her when she told SG she was envious of him because he had seen SH being angry, SH crying - basically, SH showing his inner feelings. She had yet to see any of that. He was always polite and kind to her, never showing his ugly or vulnerable side. I'm guessing she probably felt a confession from him at this point would be too convenient for him. He would've continued being opaque about his feelings and JH would never know if he had really healed from his past. Of course, I hate this logic of hers because it also points out one of my biggest weaknesses as an INTJ - dealing with feelings. Dang, those things are pesky. But this drama makes me feel so much. I don't even know why I love it. Perhaps it's one of those things I needed to heal, too.

I've met someone like that. Yes he is nice and all, but it's really frustrating when he doesn't show any other traits aside from being nice. It's hard to read a person who can't show other feelings to you. That's probably why, I could understand why JiHo is doing this and that. 

• Like 6

tumblr_p0363qWqLc1szzfhuo3_500.gif

tumblr_p0363qWqLc1szzfhuo2_500.gif
Today I lost what would have been my one and only love

DPoyUdSUIAI91Th.jpg

DPoubwfUMAAlVYD.jpg

DPji-7wW4AEVkGH.jpg

DPpBb9yU8AAOBwN.jpg

Adding

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "This Life Is Our First Life" Episode 15

Spoiler

photo914733.jpg

Ji-ho is so obsessively introspective here she effectively manages to talk herself out of a relationship with Se-hee. Her behavior is dumbounding, but at the same time, really weirdly logical. I can actually kind of see screenwriter Yoon Nan-joong inserting herself into the more philosophical contours of the conversation, openly wondering why the consumnation of romantic love has to be the only acceptable narrative happy ending. That Jeong-min is, herself, an example of a woman who achieved happiness without a man only further complicates this assumption.

Of course, Ji-ho herself is obviously dumbfounded by Hee-bong's completely counter-intuitive reaction to the revelation that Se-hee and Ji-ho's marriage is a sham. Ji-ho, like Se-hee, appears to have decided that Hee-bong's approval is something that should fill her with shame because he is so obviously a disgusting person. Who also loves cats. Geez, "This Life Is Our First Life" really doesn't want to give us any obvious answers does it?

This is especially true come the ending, when we are given what I consider to be the most single-heartbreaking cliffhanger in recent memory, or possibly ever. Lee Min-ki has always been excellent in the lead role, but his full on breakdown here is something that really has to be seen to be believed. It's like Ji-ho crumpled him into a little ball and tossed him into a trash can. The worst is, Ji-ho herself is so self-satisfied with her logical thinking she has no idea what she was wrought emotionally.

The subplots are a major relief compared to that even in their most difficult moments. Now that Soo-ji's mother is an active character, she can confirm what we've suspected- that the sexual harassment Soo-ji has been enduring at work has been a lot more deleterious to her mental state than Soo-ji has been willing to admit. No wonder Soo-ji doesn't like the idea of Song-goo meeting her mother- they have a lot to agree on.

Elsewhere, "This Life Is Our First Life" continues to seriously toy with the idea that Ho-rang and Won-seok are not getting back together, since an opportunity for them to do so just fumbles off into awkwardness. Realistically speaking, I know that whatever Ji-ho's protestations, it's kind of unfathomable for a romantic comedy drama to end without its main couples getting together. All the same, it's a testament to the dramatic tension, the scripting, and especially that last scene that this prospect is actually pretty scarily plausible here.

Review by William Schwartz

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, superfangermany_stv said:

This makes a ton of sense to me!! Both need a change in environment. And from the looks of that pic in the editing room, SH moved JH's mattress from his apartment to the rooftop place. U can see that it's a floor mattress (SH's bed in his apartment had a headrest). Even the bedding looked like the ones JH used when she was staying at his place...Awwwww...that's so sweet (him wanting to sleep on the bed that JH slept in). :wub:

Yeah... because the bed has JH scent... that what we do when we misses someone; we hug and lingered to their things ... emmm..suddenly i miss my deceased mother very much...

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

In my life, I am a Se Hee while my hubby is a Ji Ho. I like to keep things practical and logical and discussions with me about life in general  can really put a damper in one’s perspective. I tend to say things as I see it without keeping in mind how my words will affect the other person.  I’ve heard people tell me I look stuck-up and even my kids say I come across as being cold. I’m not the touchy type and PDAs are a big NO for me. My adult children still get kisses and hugs from their grandma every day and all they get from me is a Hi or Bye. My family LOL over things they find funny but I’ll just be smiling away. I sometimes don’t get why people react the way they do. I relate to Se Hee’s quizzical look when Ji Ho got all coy when he said her face with or without makeup look the same.

I will only start to think that I might have said or do something ‘wrong’ when my family gives me a different vibe.  I get the cold shoulders from my hubby often time as he needs constant assurances. Like Se Hee, I will not know what I have done wrong unless I’m told. Unlike Ji Ho, people around me tend to keep these things to themselves and expect me to understand on my own and make it right. However I am not sensitive enough to say I should have done it better unless I’m put in their shoes.

Also I would hesitate to say how I feel  and would welcome any distraction just like Se Hee when he wanted to confess to Ji Ho. To me I’d rather be on the listening end and give my two cents worth.

I read all the analyses of Se Hee and since I’m 90% like him, the ending of ep 15 would be my reaction as well. Life goes on as it should and that one time when reality hits us, that’s when we do our best crying. And after that for me, it’s living life as we know it again as I don’t sweat things a lot and I don’t revisit things that give me pain. Being happy and contented starts with me. The other people around me are just a reason. So me being Se Hee, living my past 12 years the way he did is normal because we do not overthink things. That’s why he didn’t even remember when the hurt he had in the past disappeared. His life is different now for a reason – Ji Ho – so it’d be interesting to see his next step. For me, I’ll give her the space she needed first, then slowly walk back into her life.

I really enjoyed this drama as it shows ‘me’ in the works and how ‘my’ reactions affect others. I find some of the comments here funny as they ‘overthink’ what Se Hee is thinking. Guys, a lot of times nothing is going inside our mind – we’re just blank – hence the cold vibe.

I will sorely miss this drama when it ends.:cry:

• Like 18