[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

7 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Don't be sorry, @kelmaoneko--that's what I thought, too! And I'm pretty sure it was performance anxiety... I think he kinda got the sense that Ji Ho is a V**g*n. (Is that a bad word? anyway, think Madonna, and getting through the wildnerness...)

GAD the slo mo is killing me. I can't. I need that damn Cass beer now. Or a cold shower. I need ice. I need something. I'm at my desk and DYING. LOL

Haha it's been 12 years! He's probably close to being a virgin himself :tongue:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Just now, kelmaoneko said:

Haha it's been 12 years! He's probably close to being a virgin himself :tongue:

Hahahaha. Is that why he has 50 shades by his bedside? Se Hee, let me send you different and much better books on the topic. Hahahahah. 

I now understand why the commercials are Cass beer and Nat Geo outwear in the friggin North Pole. We need all those things to cool down. Maybe turn the temp on the Kiturami boiler down. Sorry, the commercials got to me. LOL. I'm wearing a freakin mock turtleneck at work at the moment and I keep stretching it. I feel hot. LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

1 minute ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

Hmmmmmm SOME people around here have great materials for a SH/JH fan fiction full of smuts. 

If you do it share it !

It's almost the Thanksgiving holiday here and I'll get some time off. I just might write the damn thing once and for all. If only to get it out of my dirty table mind. :D I'll let you know. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I think so to. The whole beating the poor orange and Ji-ho basically breaking the orange apart is so telling. They're both equally nervous and well it's kind of a analogy for sexytime. ROFL:lol:

Se Hee, stop beating around the orange and just go for it!!! LOL

LOVE how Ji Ho went for it!!! Poor boy didn't stand a chance. He was wearing long sleeves, too! He must've been so uncomfortably warm... 

now that I think about it, once Se Hee realizes that Ji Ho was assaulted the night she came to him in pajamas (and let's face it, she look much cozier and a bit sexier than in that ruffled thing she was wearing in the Ep) won't he just lose his mind and hunt PD Jo down?

Is it just me or can we ruffle his hair a bit? I really am not liking the bangs. Too-Spock like. Ji-Ho, go run your fingers through his hair and just hold on to your man. Don't let him escape. LOL.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

It's almost the Thanksgiving holiday here and I'll get some time off. I just might write the damn thing once and for all. If only to get it out of my dirty table mind. :D I'll let you know. 

OMG YES PLEASE WE'RE KINDA DYING OF THIRST HERE

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, kelmaoneko said:

OMG YES PLEASE WE'RE KINDA DYING OF THIRST HERE

Okay. I may just build on the 50 shades thing that I wrote in response to teep523's comment. About lighthearted moments. But, open to suggestions as well--no pun intended LOL. 

Wrote that scenario in the car while parked... not driving. Not that crazy. Yet. Just kidding. :) 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I love how the writer is slowly giving us the characters and is sort of putting a nice spin on the common tropes that are found in dramas. We see it one way during one episode but the next we get the other side of the story and it's something that continues to make perfect sense instead of something that's thrown in there just to be thrown in there.

Even up until now there have been many different thoughts about what SH's past relationship with JM may have been like, and while we don't have his side of the story yet, if JM's holds true, then there was definitely a lot of stuff that went on between them at a young age. While I'm not entirely sure of the entire time line that things happened back then, they would've been around 26 when they broke up 12 years ago considering that SH is 38, and they're like the same age. If they broke up then, and she mentioned that they were a CC (campus couple), then that means that they dated during college, so they had to at least be together 4 years before that.

The next thing is the report about the miscarriage or losing the baby. Like others, I'm not sure if she means she gave birth to a child and then they lost the child or if she had lost the child while pregnant, a miscarriage. Either way it's a traumatic thing and I think there have been other shows, not necessarily Korean dramas, where that's sort of like the whole basis, a couple loses a baby and is unable to get back to where they were in the beginning because of the fact that it's such a traumatic event in a person's life.

I did write this in the comments on the YouTube clip, but I'm curious as to how SH's father and family may have played a part. I wonder, if it was a miscarriage, if they blamed JM for the death of the baby somehow. Perhaps they coerced her into working things, like the ancestral rites with JH, or something else stressful and she lost the baby that way. SH's comment about JH being a good defender might tie into that, JM may have had to do many things for his family that a daughter-in-law would be expected to do and may have been overworked, depending on what her job was at that time and other factors. Or perhaps there was an accident or some random occurrence somehow that caused her to lose the baby, because there are some things like that that happen in real life, even if they are rare. I wonder if they blamed her for everything and SH was unable to sort of stand up to his parents at that time or defend JM. 

That's where I think that the writer is doing a nice job showing us the different sides to a story and also showing us things we may not have seen before. Up until now I didn't entirely know where to place the vet's story to JH about SH coming in and demanding that they save the cat. But now, with JM's pregnancy and losing the baby story, depending when SH found the cat, he could have somehow saw a situation, if the cat being saved, as mimicking the situation that he experienced of losing JH and the baby. By saving the cat, he could think that he was at least making up for doing something that he didn't, or couldn't, do in the past. Additionally, the cat could also represent himself. SH saved the cat, protecting it and providing it a home, and in a way, he could be doing what he wished his father would have done 12 years ago. His father had kicked him out of the house, for some reason that we're not entirely sure of yet, essentially leaving him on his own. 

Also, when SG asked SH if JH reminded him of her (JM), I think it was more in the sense of JH being helpless in the situation and sort of needing help. Even though SH doesn't know, yet, of what exactly happened, he could probably sense that something was amiss with JH, with the way she was dressed and how she came in the middle of the night, and offered his assistance. I think that offering his help through the marriage could have been another way SH was kind of making up for the past with JM, especially if, as I previously mentioned, he couldn't or didn't help her before.

While we don't know the entire story of what happened back then, SH may have felt guilt more so than just the letter and words that JM told him. There is the possibility that his family played a bigger part in losing the baby than we know so far, which would explain the deep resentment that JM seemingly had towards his family at that time. Depending upon the extent of their involvement, it would be reasonable that she would definitely not want to hear about them in the moment. During the 12 years spent without her, SH may have been trying to find ways to slowly make up for the time when he wasn't able to defend or save what was probably his entire world back then.

• Like 15

Ok, had a chance to watch the episode. I really really liked it. Yes, there is angst to come, but everything feels so organic and realistic. Nothing feels contrived. I think this episode put all the puzzle pieces together for me and everything makes so much more sense. The writer did a fabulous job in trying everything together and weaving in different aspects of the story from earlier on to now. I was all iffy about SHs progression previously,  but now knowing his history, it makes sense. IT also makes sense that he said previously that he didn't want to hurt JH. Knowing in context, I'm like AH HA. I get why he said that, because no matter how many years has gone by, his past is going to be a lot for JH to take in. I wouldn't even blame her if she wanted to take a step back and process everything. I'm wondering how shes gonna process everything. OMG. I can't wait for the next episode to come out!!! EKKKKK. 

• Like 11

Finished the episode

SG always in my heart <3

WS shocked me, I didn't expect his act

and

I can't hate JM, sorry

I don't know but I like the character until now

How masculine but also delicate she seems and the way JH describes her is so poetic:

She is strong not to hurt others but to protect, maybe to defend herself?

I think the post-it might be the final evidence of this

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

The logic though... Ji-ho stopped being a writer after getting married but because it's so boring at home she is working in a cafe. Honey, you're lying to yourself! :wink:

EDIT: Jung-min speaking my mind though.

It happens.

And can I just say that I do love Jung Min so far? I've never liked the Second Lead before. This is breaking my k-drama watching algorithm. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

It happens.

And can I just say that I do love Jung Min so far? I've never liked the Second Lead before. This is breaking my k-drama watching algorithm. 

Yea, I like JM too. But even her confidence and beauty is making me lose a bit of self confidence on JH behalf. lol. I wonder how JH can feel? You can't help but compare. JM is very likable, exudes grace and beauty, you can't help but be in awe a little. SHs got good taste in women. But I hope JH won't go down that route. As women, its so easy and natural to compare yourself to the other, I don't want JH doing that. :( I think SHs gotta really step up and show her that he CHOOSES her and JM is just his past. That his past no longer has a hold on him. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It's making me so sad that Se-hee really thinks their marriage could be in the way of Ji-ho's future. I mean you're worth happiness, Se-hee! You don't need to end it.

I totally expect SH to do that in tomorrow's episode!! Now I'm in turmoil...one part of me can't wait to watch tomorrow's episode. Another part of me can't face all the angst. :confounded:

Then again, I'm pretty confident that the drama will end well. I would think that JH will return to Namhae feeling that she finds that love is ultimately what she felt was more important than her dream as a writer. And then SH finally realises how lonely he feels without JH by his side, hence going to Namhae again for JH.:wub:

• Like 3

986_ECD2_B-90_A2-4_E3_D-9_F03-66_DBC2_B9  A540_CD58-_C797-41_E5-9357-_A937_E70568_

Why is this drama so awesome? This show’s getting better with each episode. 

Such a wonderfully written script, beautifully shot and all those performances!

I have to say Sang Goo is becoming my most favourite supporting character of all time. I don’t remember any kdrama supporting character with so much awesomeness. I love you, CEO Ma :wub: I’m scared of Soo Ji too, you’re so brave to confront her lol.

I’m not worried about the main couple at all, they both just need to deal with their Room 19 asap and finally cure Ji Ho’s sexual frustration B)

Also Lee Chung Ah (Jung Min), when did she become so beautiful and charismatic? I’m totally crushing on her, I’m confident she won’t turn into an annoying second lead. I have faith in you, writernim.

• Like 12

When you think about it, the wedding and cohabitation between SH and JH was vital.

SH need to face his past and let go to focus on his future.

JH need to face her almost rape to write again. Both moments were so traumatic that JH and SH press pause on their future. 

That’s sad and at the same time beautiful.

They are each other saviors. 

I was afraid that the rape wasn’t going to be resolved. But sometimes I forgot about it when JH took decisions. Everytime, it was in her head. In reality, she was in her room, on her own. I just didn’t realize it. 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

When you think about it, the wedding and cohabitation between SH and JH was vital.

SH need to face his past and let go to focus on his future.

JH need to face her almost rape to write again. Both moments were so traumatic that JH and SH press pause on their future. 

That’s sad and at the same time beautiful.

They are each other saviors. 

I was afraid that the rape wasn’t going to be resolved. But sometimes I forgot about it when JH took decisions. Everytime, it was in her head. In reality, she was in her room, on her own. I just didn’t realize it. 

You're right. And apparently, the mind protects us from things that can hurt us. Ji Ho may have compartmentalized and put aside her memory of the night of the assault for now. That's why she had to step back from writing. It was a trigger. I think, while she may have disclosed it to Jung Min, she has yet to really let it sink in and face it. I am in awe of how brave she is when she was telling off the Director and the Writer. I am so glad she still had that strength. And that voiceover in the tunnel about "not letting others close to you see/know certain things." Se Hee and that room was indeed her room 19. At the time, he was still a stranger whose words she found comfort in. He didn't ask questions, he offered her sanctuary. And that is why, in that room, she was able to sleep the way she did. 

Now, it's Se Hee's turn to open his own room to Ji Ho. I hope she opens the door herself, just like Se Hee symbolically did in Ep 11. That instead of Se Hee retreating into his self-imposed isolation, that Ji Ho would throw the doors open and show him a life that can be lived without the need to escape from it.  

• Like 14

I hold this drama in this highest respect. 

I want to shower it with superlatives while avoiding the word love.

Not because I don't LOVE it.  I do.

But we (and I do it way too much) cheapen the value of expressing our strong feeling of affection and connection when we use the word love to describe every degree of positive feeling we experience with any and everything in our lives.

This drama satisfies my soul as an audience member.

This drama keeps me in awe as a creative artist and teacher.

It is so difficult to write dramas about caring compassionate sane people trying to do right thing while reaching for happiness and maintain the tension and DRAMA.  This creative team has succeed (for me) in spades.

I LIKE most everyone in this drama [attempted rapists don't count].  And even the ones I don't like, [i.e. writer Hwang Se-Hee--did I miss read or is that writer Hwang's name?] I get them and see them as only average human being succumbing to societal norms.

I enjoy being a part of the main crew's lives, and if my affection is not as strong for Won-Seok and Bok-Nam as the rest of the . forum, i get their charms, even if it doesn't work on me.  [No interest in callow men.  Won-Seok seems younger than his age would require.] 

Although I personally find Sang-Goo intrusive and annoying I understand why he works in the drama.

Like Ji-Ho, I really really warmed to JungMin. I won't say I love her, because I'm avoiding that word.  But were to meet her and split that much alcohol with her I would have warmed similarly as Ji-Ho--but that was unlikely to happen because I don't drink.

I think JungMin is there to set SeHee's conscience free.  They probably need a chance to mourn their loss together, or alone with each other's awareness, forgive each other and move on.  

Ji-Ho narration about Se-Hee's heart break show an empathy what bodes well for their future.  

The harshness of the break-up makes absolute sense if JungMin had just lost a child and SeeHee's parents were pressuring her about her relationship with her son.  

There is so much more but my responsibilities call.

So looking forward to tomorrow.

• Like 18