[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

12 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I still believe that JM like girls. I don't know if it's only girl but I think SH dad find out about it and treat her really badly about it. Maybe before they accepted her as a daughter and treat her really well then stop.

And the way she talk about marriage in the preview make me think it was a contract and not love.

jm doesn't like girls.. jh was horny at that time.. and maybe ears are her sensitive area :tongue:

4 minutes ago, trollasticwives said:

Even then, I’m not sure if I would bet on a friend being asexual if I knew they had been in a relationship with someone - especially not $50 because I might lose money!! Hehe

But see, that confuses me because most of the time, their assumptions about one another are completely correct - SH guesses when SG is crying/knows how to convince SG that he likes a girl (keep saying she’s pretty, take a shot every time SH calls JH pretty for the viewers to get quickly drunk lmao), SG knows that SH is aware of JHs feelings for him/jokingly asks if he is getting married Bc his wife is giving him rent/loves his cat. 

If theyve been friends for so long, there’s got to be something. Also, now that SG knows it’s a contract marriage, and the details, it’s really interesting that he asks if JH reminds SH of JM - does that indirectly imply a contract marriage before as well? 

aish!.. SG is doing that for fun..

he knows how much of pain SH has endured, is enduring, how scared he is.. etc etc.. 

he is trying hard to bring some comedy around him...

He keeps him close..  he also realizes how people perceive him.. and he acts as that balance/bridge between the two who can't communciate..

he is such a wonderful person to have around..great frnd, great boss, great partner

• Like 10

I like that how they want their dates to work and that they are sensitive to each other's generational lifestyle because of the age gap. So considerate and honest. They are so level-headed in spite of the the headiness of their kiss so as to avoid embarrassment. He asked WS who is nearer to JH's age what people of his age do on dates and she asked Mr Ma who is SH's contemporary for dating tips. After their talk, there is no age gap if you love each other. 

However happily,  love making will have no gap.... just spontaneity and SH's peculiar uniqueness.

I'm just wondering since he was so matter of fact with " Do you want to sleep with me tonight"  will he say too " Do you want to make love with me tonight ? simple and honest as true to his nature." Arrhhhhhh .....can't...... help...... the..... pervert ..... coming .... on.... The cliff hanger at the end of the episode is too much of  a teaser. Blame Write... !!!

I LOVE this couple.

I love Swasrovski too. Tiffany would burn a hole in his budget and throw his algorithm further to the south pole.hahah

Besides the stars are so synonymous with JH..... as she had talked of stars on a star-lees night. These star earrings do make her dreams come true.

For those interested.... the price is USD114.  See spoiler for the price in Korean Won .

Spoiler

DOvoie9UIAAPaTy.jpg

Thanks to the instgrammer for the images. I have not checked out Adele's Don't You Remember playing in the background.

It's a lovely song so I thought of you and had it in the spoiler for your enjoyment.

23596573_1816612361717530_56588950463011

Spoiler

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

23 minutes ago, mapleoaks4 said:

I think he just said he was asexual NOW because he hasn't been in another relationship after 12 years, so maybe SG just assumed SH no longer wanted to be in relationships and chosen the life of celibacy? haha. 

Yeah I wouldn't think too much about SG saying that. It was for comedy but I also think someone like SG would think 12 years without sex and no interest in changing that could make you asexual. SG has a very healthy sex drive, I think ha. 

• Like 7

Yes I also believe that SG knew SH wasn’t asexual. In the same time, SG never mentions SH’s past relationship for a good reason. Maybe talking about his sexuality will make SH remember JM.

Note : you can be asexual and date and marry but i don’t think SH is asexual. 

SG doesn’t want SH to relive his trauma. 

He only talks about JM once without saying her name ( just says “her”).

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, qynn said:

Yeah I wouldn't think too much about SG saying that. It was for comedy but I also think someone like SG would think 12 years without sex and no interest in changing that could make you asexual. SG has a very healthy sex drive, I think ha. 

Yea, I didn't put much weight into when he said that. Especially more so now, knowing their friendship. He was probably half joking.

I'm so happy SH and SG have each other. I love their friendship. They obviously have a lot of love and care for the other. They also have an innate understanding of one another. Shows their history, loyalty and trust in one another. 

• Like 7

As other posters have commented, this show is doing an excellent job incorporating their product placements. (It's funny because that used to be Ji-Ho's whole job!)

• wonderbra
  • that massage chair
  • those Swarovski earrings
  • Dyson hair dryer

I'm sure there are many more. But these are really worked well into the storyline well AND do a great job of making us want these things.

Is YOLO cafe a real cafe? Because that is some serious synergy.

Oh, and can I just mention how CUTE Se-Hee was when he gave JH those earrings? Putting them in her hand and running away? OMG, I died laughing.

--

Anyway, more comments about Seok's career change. I really don't consider his giving up his app such a serious sacrifice because job experience is important. While he works at SG's company, he will learn what it takes to create a successful app, how to get funding, and how to manage your staff. So if he wants to continue his app or develop a new one, he can have a better chance of success, with a staff that doesn't treat him like crap.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

As other posters have commented, this show is doing an excellent job incorporating their product placements. (It's funny because that used to be Ji-Ho's whole job!)

7 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Again, I didn't stick out as unusual and I appreciate how they flowed with the story. 

Personally I found that when JH at the begining put the guy on the segway and cry from anger so funny.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

4 minutes ago, yusefull said:

Personally I found that when JH at the begining put the guy on the segway and cry from anger so funny.

I laughed so much at this right now, I'm coughing a bit. LOL thanks for the reminder! I remember the audiences' faces as they were watching the actor scream in fury while moving slowly on the Segway. Pedestrians were faster than him! bwahahahhaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Because Monday is a few days away... and to stop myself from watching certain scenes again, I've resorted to BTS or interviews. Mostly stuff that isn't subbed. I just like seeing them laugh and smile and joke around. 

Speaking of laugh... I wonder. Will we ever witness Nam Se Hee laughing? We've seen him smile, we've seen him kiss. But my goodness if this drama ends without a laugh... 

So I guess I've added another one to my wish list -- a bed scene, family life, and a laughing Se Hee. 

Oh,  and I hope Ji Ho has a drinking session with her girls and finally can get in on the "intimate jokes." Maybe "woori" will be their thing? 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

If this is the equation, HR is the big loser here. She had ONE dream in life, and after 7 years, he still didn't know. And even after he knows, he still asks her to wait another 5 years. WHUT. Talk about demanding a sacrifice from your partner. I'm glad that he finally realized that it is not fair, and let her go. If he's not ready to give her what she wants, that is fine. At least don't string someone along forever.

HR was 100% supportive of WS's dream. WS was clueless about HR's dream after 7 years. This is not a mutual sacrifice situation at all.

HR was already mentally at the finish line of her dream even when the relationship had just begun.  Marriage.  That's all she wanted from the get go. Granted that she was abundantly patient over the 7 years, consistently saving $500/month to WS inconsistent contributions, supporting his dreams and all the rest.  However, WS existed in a different reality.  His reality was being professionally and financially successful.  And he wasn't after their 7 years together. His dream would have at least assured less financial stress, home ownership, and a sense of achievement.  Her dream bypassed all of his realities and would have impacted their lives negatively, given the forseen financial struggles and anticipated children. She sacrificed her youth? She had choices and she remained with WS for 7 years.  Adding on another 5 year wait certainly shook her and gave her the reality and courage so sorely needed to move on. And after assessing his status and HR's only goal in life, WS realized that they had been on different pages all these years and he could not allow this disparity any longer.  It would have been unfair to HR and to him. 

• Like 6

I don't know but I think the yellow post-it inside the book is putting us in the wrong direction

Just a feeling (!) 

I think JM is and was a nice person, maybe disappointed by SH's behavior.

Just remember when SG asked SH if JH resembled JM.

I don't think they were talking about the general appearance. I think the "uri-woory" parallelism might be something important.

I believe it was only a misunderstanding caused by SH's father, but that nobody cared to clear.

And I think SH is now very honest with JH, because he suffered before from his lack of communication with the ex-partner (something like the struggle between HR-WS)

• Like 10

On 16/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Because Monday is a few days away... and to stop myself from watching certain scenes again, I've resorted to BTS or interviews. Mostly stuff that isn't subbed. I just like seeing them laugh and smile and joke around. 

Speaking of laugh... I wonder. Will we ever witness Nam Se Hee laughing? We've seen him smile, we've seen him kiss. But my goodness if this drama ends without a laugh... 

So I guess I've added another one to my wish list -- a bed scene, family life, and a laughing Se Hee. 

Oh,  and I hope Ji Ho has a drinking session with her girls and finally can get in on the "intimate jokes." Maybe "woori" will be their thing? 

Every time after finish the ep I will go through their bts and kept watching the drama over and over again. I think I got serious fever with this drama :wub: This bts really make me curious as they were both kept laughing and I'm seriously eager to know what they're talking about. So chingu can any of u translate this bts. I'm just can't get enough of this couple :lol:

Edited by Berou
please don't quote vids , thanks :)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 16/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

um ok oh my god Lee Min Ki has a cute laugh?? I like him more and more with every behind the scenes that comes out. He's really charming lol. I hope se hee laughs like that at some point before the end haha

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

18 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

So many good questions. :) I don’t have answers but  I wondered the same thing about Ji Ho’s mom. And that maybe her brother was in on it. This is  how it played in my head:

JH Mom: Where’s your sister? And your brother in law? Wait... What are you and your wife giggling about? Why are you holding your phone up like that? Are you taking a selca? 

JH Bro: Eomma! Sssh!!! (Motions for her to come closer) Look! 

Mom peers at the screen. Her eyes widen and she slaps her son’s arm hard. 

Mom: stop that! Leave them alone! They’re newlyweds!

brother: But they are making out in broad daylight! Aish, these two... (rubs his arm but keeps filming) 

Mom pulls out her phone and dials Ji Ho.

(conversation in the show happens)

“Aigoo if she only knew what I saved her from.” Mom mutters to herself after she ended the call. 

Brother: Eomma! Why’d you have to ruin our fun?

Hahaha! It’s really feels good to find like-minded people!@ahhhjummahhhjo  

• Like 3

It’s Friday! Aren’t we getting any new BTS to save us till Monday? Ahhh! 

I hope LMK sings one of the OST for this drama with lyrics that would explain his POV from the Start. That would really be lovely. 

I’ve almost backtracked on most of LMK works that I can find except for Monster. I wonder if they will throw in a meta joke on his acting skills, like kissing Esom/Suji in a past MV and on the cliffhanger  Q, “would you like to sleep with me tonight?” Cue in clip from For the Emperor!!! 

The sweetest though would be Spellbound, with the hamburger kiss. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, polarbear99 said:

It’s Friday! Aren’t we getting any new BTS to save us till Monday? Ahhh! 

I hope LMK sings one of the OST for this drama with lyrics that would explain his POV from the Start. That would really be lovely. 

I’ve almost backtracked on most of LMK works that I can find except for Monster. I wonder if they will throw in a meta joke on his acting skills, like kissing Esom/Suji in a past MV and on the cliffhanger  Q, “would you like to sleep with me tonight?” Cue in clip from For the Emperor!!! 

The sweetest though would be Spellbound, with the hamburger kiss. 

Oh my god @polarbear99!!!!!!!! For the Emperor!!!! Oh my goooooood. 

Folks. If you cherish your sanity, do not search for that. Unless it’s late at night and you’re alone. Hahahahahahhahahhahah

Since I am practically bedridden with the flu, I have been watching Ordinary Couple. And YouTube stuff. Can’t believe CEO Ma was his rival in Ordinary Couple heheheh. 

I believe They kinda did Vaccum kiss at the beginning of Ep 12. Oh wow... it’s kinda Meta since it’s LMK’s character teaching the Lady to kiss and not the other way around like in Spellbound. (Speaking of which, I wouldn’t mind a little shirt ripping when Ji Ho’s Pandora’s box explodes.)

But back to JSM and LMK. Somebody stop me from shipping them. They are too adorable!!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 10

5 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Oh my god @polarbear99!!!!!!!! For the Emperor!!!! Oh my goooooood. 

Folks. If you cherish your sanity, do not search for that. Unless it’s late at night and you’re alone. Hahahahahahhahahhahah

Since I am practically bedridden with the flu, I have been watching Ordinary Couple. And YouTube stuff. Can’t believe CEO Ma was his rival in Ordinary Couple heheheh. 

I believe They kinda did Vaccum kiss at the beginning of Ep 12. Oh wow... it’s kinda Meta since it’s LMK’s character teaching the Lady to kiss and not the other way around like in Spellbound. (Speaking of which, I wouldn’t mind a little shirt ripping when Ji Ho’s Pandora’s box explodes.)

But back to JSM and LMK. Somebody stop me from shipping them. They are too adorable!!!

Oh my gosh yes, yesss! Like, she tries to pull him forward for whatever reason, but instead the whole thing rips right off in public! Or they can do a meta for JSM’s past dramas too. Man, i really need to rewatch spellbound! Also, what’s wrong with the emperor? Is it sexy? Lol

• LOL 5

Wow there are some interesting theories in here. I don't think it's really all that complicated. There are parallels between the failed attempts for marriage of the HR-WS couple and the JM-SH couple, and SH has been dropping hints throughout the entire drama while expressing his views on marriage/relationships/personalities. For instance, his words on the ability of marriage to draw out one's ambitions/desires, the expectations of parents on their children, the importance of a house, the scariness of money, Maslow's hierarchy of needs, among others. Also, he told WS that after feeling at peace, space grew in his heart (to like JH) and he realized that through this marriage. I thought JM would reflect WS (wanting to delay marriage to pursue her dreams) but the fact that JM was the bitter one to break off the relationship makes me think that it was SH who wasn't ready for marriage back then and JM realized that. Now JM is a successful, likely single, director/CEO of a production company. I think HR will also focus on her career now that marriage is no longer her dream. Maybe they're the "red coats", or maybe they both end up marrying other guys, who knows? I just want to hear SH's backstory already and see the romance blossom!

• Like 13

There is something that makes me worry a lot and I don’t know how interpret it, and it is the voice of JH when they were on the bus just to return to Seoul.

“Dramas and Movies that filled my childhood, kissing represented a happy ending. A kiss or a married…doesn’t mean it’s a happy ending in real life. The drama between this man and me just begun”

I can understand that of course we can’t see what will happen after the kiss or married in dramas but in real life after the kiss with the daily life the issues comes, but I don’t know if the writer is sending us a hidden message to be prepared for the last episode.

If one of you have a good theory please help me to understand it better because I need hopes with these two.

• Like 9