Huang Xin Di as Ru Ping

Han Greg as Xiao Yu

Previews:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Synopsis:

A boy and a girl were destined to be together since birth. A long time ago, two best friends each had a child. One named his son Li Zheng, which means “attention,” and the other named his daughter Shao Xi, which means “at ease” in military terminology. The two kids grew up to embody their names, with Li Zheng being diligent and paying extra attention to everything he wants to achieve in life and Shao Xi being more laid back and lazy in her approach to life and school. When Li Zheng returns to Taiwan after growing up in Japan, he meets Shao Xi for the first time in high school. Despite their polar opposite personalities, the strong pull of their fates bring them together. Can they each adapt to be with each other or will the strong forces of life keep the two apart? (Source: mydramalist)

Initially when I watched the trailer for it, my expectations were low because I thought it would the be the same old love/hate relationship dragged out. But, I must say I'm happy that I've been proven wrong. They were able to transition from "love at first sight" (at least on her part) > to friends > to the beginning where feelings are starting to stir quite well. I find it curious that Guo Shu Yao is in the cast as a main lead but we haven't seen her yet but I guess we'll see how she figures into the story.

Three episodes in and i'm really liking this drama so far.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:21 AM, moon-flower said:

i can't get over how adorable her parents are. lol. 

Its generally how it is in TW rom-coms, either the parents or grandparents of one main char are super nice and always on the side of OTP and act as cupids

Kind of remind me of the drama "it started with a kiss" LOL. Just Prince moved in with her instead of the other way around. LOL.  It's cute and i love the lead.  Prince's hair has to go though. LOL. I can't wait until he pulls it back out of his face.

• 2 weeks later...

My only regret is I watched it too early. The struggle of one episode per week is real. After FIS, I have nothing else beside this drama and I'm loving it alot. The plot is simple which suits me, but the main factor I'm loving this is the chemistry. I love it that when there are complications or misunderstanding, the drama doesn't drag it out and instead used it to solidify the relationship of SX and LC. And I love Joanne Cheng here. She's spunky but not annoying. 

Spoiler

LinChengis in love with her as well, I seriously think so. But he has a very low EQ which makes him stupid enough to think that it's just (best)friendship he wants with her. Dude, you don't go running to your friend that fast even if she's in trouble. And he reminded me of JungYoo of Cheese in the trap when he took revenge for SX when the bully made her cried.

And now on ep6, based on the preview for ep 7, I think he'll finally realize he likes her.  My fave part of the drama were SX's narration of what she feels. It gave the drama a nostalgic feel. I hope LC's story will have the same treatment.

I hope this drama won't drag it out or go crazy on us later because it's perfect right now.and a happy ending without too many twist and turns plz.

Edit: this drama doesn't shy way from skinship. Too many piggy back rides, holding hands,etc. I hope we get lots more.

Archived