[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

To add a bit to what @baduy just said, I think Mdm Noh dictated those addresses because she wants to compare the handwriting of the couple to the handwriting on the envelope. She was shown encircling certain characters on the notes while looking at the addressed envelope and came to the conclusion that they were not the ones who sent the letter. That is why she told her husband that they need to find out if the letter sender is from outside or within their company/family/social circle.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The letter sender has an elaborate plan and must be privy to some Choi-Noh family secrets. He or she was bold enough to use that address that will trigger a reveal of some issues in the past in the coming episodes.  Why now? Is there a significance to the timing? Is someone's birthday coming? Is it the anniversary of Eun Seok's disappearance?  How did the letter sender know that Eun Seok aka Ji An has been found, despite the efforts of the Chois to keep it under wraps for the moment.

Of course, it was already revealed to the ladies in the art club, so it could be one of them. Remember that lady that Ji An witnessed being scorned by MH? Could it be her?

46 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Thanks @meechuttso and @MGLcrazy for sharing kindness in this thread! We all very much needed it and it felt good! 

I'm obviously sharing too those positive thoughts! ^_^

Thanks @titania1000 for sharing your thoughts n opinions with us. i saw that you have been an active participant from the very beginning. :thumbsup:

Yup. The BIRDCAGE I was feeling sorry for that poor empty bird cage standing alone and birdless in front of the mansion, patiently awaiting its turn to become a SIGNIFICANT OBJECT. (I was so hard on the poor cage that Grandfather's scheme to use it as an item of Fake News to explain to the media how his grandson had come to recognise his long-lost sister came to nothing.) 

1 minute ago, meechuttso said:

Very satisfying episode for me.

Friendship and trust over infatuations.

Reality based response to Makjang (completely fictional) premises.

Adult responses to fantasy scenarios.

How do I love thee, So HyunKyung, let me count the ways!

Can you elaborate?

Summary from memory.

Hyuk stays all night and to next day watching over her after trying to reason with her.

He talks to the old man who is kind savior to her and with his wife still on her suicide watch.

JiSoo saw Hyuk talking to Jianny but doesnt imagine her sis, ducks when he looks to her and misses view of her. Fetches a bag of salt from truck and goes home.

Best cider moment, JiHo goes to mom restaurant and tells her off. Every word golden.

JiHo my hero.

DoKyung, poor guy, searching the whole time.

Learns from JiSoo she saw Jianny the day she moved in, gets desperate, and goes to neighborhood behind breadshop they met at and does cc tv search.

Finds her footage from behind and fantasizes walking behind her.

Finds her footage getting on bus, gets closer towards her direction.

I'm thinking, no way, he's going to find her also.

Hyuk texts him at that moment, says she's safe but does not want to be contacted.

CDK tries to call hi and texts repeatedly, gets ignored by Hyuk and frustrated.

His secretary talks sense into him, that she does not want to see  to him.

Jianny jumps fence and into the night running towards a late bus..... End ep 23.

Poor papa Seo, my heart aches for him. And as for mama Seo, she deserves all JiHo’s furious screaming at her.

And I loveee the preview! Does Papa Seo finally had enough of JS’s trantum? For someone who never got yelled at all her life, it should put her right. For all I see, there are only four people who are crazy worrying JiAn: Papa seo, JiHo, DK and Hyung.

Too bad I won’t be able to live streaming tomorrow TT^TT

4 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Do Kyung's attitude confirmed that i felt: his feelings  have become obsession.

it makes me fear a little more their meeting, though i think he needs it very much to get out of this state of mind. 

I wonder where Ji An is heading since the preview for ep 24 showed that she won't get back alone but with Hyuk.     

Well, atleast he is worried. Crazy worried and confused over his newly developed and unplanned feelings for a commoner if you go by Choi terms.

His angst serves him right. He wasn't there for Ji An even though he gave her his word. He needs to suffer.

Ep 24 preview very quikndirty

STS:  What did you and Jianny talk about?

SES,CES: What do you care what I talked to her about?

STS: (yelling) Talk, you punk!!!  (startles the little twit)

Choi Dad: Don't you think SJS is your daughter? No Myeong Hee you think your daughter is precious nobility from birth? (SES gets beauty makeover !!)

CDK secretary: It's clear SJA friend is by her side.

CDK: Could she be sick?

Sec: Still not at peace sir?

CDK: Sure! Plenty at peace!!

Can we find her handphone location?

Her last location  was near InCheon.

SJA: Hyuk-a, Let's go. (slight smile, or the gleam in her eyes back!!!!!! )  :love:

1 hour ago, nrlfan4ever said:

The letter sender has an elaborate plan and must be privy to some Choi-Noh family secrets. He or she was bold enough to use that address that will trigger a reveal of some issues in the past in the coming episodes.  Why now? Is there a significance to the timing? Is someone's birthday coming? Is it the anniversary of Eun Seok's disappearance?  How did the letter sender know that Eun Seok aka Ji An has been found, despite the efforts of the Chois to keep it under wraps for the moment.

Of course, it was already revealed to the ladies in the art club, so it could be one of them. Remember that lady that Ji An witnessed being scorned by MH? Could it be her?

I think she does not have such influence. It could be an insider job, GM Min look suspicious enough, but again, there might be a greater 'player' behind her, she may just be a pawn only.

I saw a satisfied smirk on her face (GM Min) when Mdm Noh was exasperated by JS behaviour in the house. Who will stand to gain if the Choi's household is disrupted. Mdm Noh's sister? Maybe.

As for JS, I do believe she has her own agenda. She may come up with a  surprise or two. Let's wait n see who will uncover this mystery. :wacko:

On 18/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, meechuttso said:

Choi Dad: Don't you think SJS is your daughter? No Myeong Hee you think your daughter is precious nobility from birth? (SES gets beauty makeover !!)

I suspect that in context this question will turn out to be Jae Seong's reaction when he finds out she's commissioned a repeat DNA test, in which case I'd translate his words more like

"Were you hoping [past tense = as your motive for the repeat test] that Seo Ji Su wasn't your daughter? Do you imagine your daughter's inherited nobility would be obvious from the start"?

57 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I wonder where Ji An is heading since the preview for ep 24 showed that she won't get back alone but with Hyuk.     

Night bus drivers the world over tend to be an understandably cautious bunch, not inclined to stop after they've pulled away, even if they're being chased by someone who morphs into Bionic Woman in an attempt to catch up with them as Ji An does here.

My hunch, rather supported by the last bit of the preview, is that she misses that bus...

Just wow.

Not bothering with spoiler warnings or anything.

Ji-Soo's development continues to be interesting and adorable. Can't hate her. At home she's the master of the Choi household. At work she's still the lowly bread apprentice. The two things most important to her still out of reach, and spoiled or not, her pain is real. Ramen therapy. Never thought I'd utter such words, but then, every weekend is surreal to me since Sept 2nd.

The other startling, I mean startling thing to me is the depths to which the writer is making CDK grovel. This is not at all by chance, I am convinced now. Here's my take. Instead of the bargain many may have thought the writer made with hoofactory, PSH agency, to cast him for lead role for whatever reason, I think part of the bargain was for this character to do some serious penance _in the story_ , and it was not one that any newbie young actor could take on and handle well. I think this may be a unique instance of the writer needing to tell a unique story and needing a specific actor, who in turn needed this writer and this story as part of his road back, to his golden life.

As mentioned previously, this writer is exacting in her price for any character in  her story to be fully restored to love and acceptance. The viewing public of SK is exacting and demanding. They are in no mood for just another sweet romance story. The writer is slowly, meticulously, and most painfully giving every character chance at his or her redemption, us along with it in the process, vicariously yes, it's 'just drama' afterall, for crying out loud, and yet, it's powerful magic for many.

Some of the same applies to SHS the actress. It's the strange overlap of the actors' stories of struggle and redemption with their characters' stories that has the audience in rapt attention. And as the stories unfold in parallel to what we dread, fear and hope for, we are left in awe of it all. Korea's unknown actress rising to meteoric stardom and breaking all the molds in the process, tied at the hip inextricably to this prince of drama in his hour of vulnerability and need, his golden hour.

The moment seems to deserve a gif I've been saving up.

tumblr_ozlbvg6CVq1valxs7o1_500.gif

Just wow.

Not bothering with spoiler warnings or anything.

Ji-Soo's development continues to be interesting and adorable. Can't hate her. At home she's the master of the Choi household. At work she's still the lowly bread apprentice. The two things most important to her still out of reach, and spoiled or not, her pain is real. Ramen therapy. Never thought I'd utter such words, but then, every weekend is surreal to me since Sept 2nd.

The other startling, I mean startling thing to me is the depths to which the writer is making CDK grovel. This is not at all by chance, I am convinced now. Here's my take. Instead of the bargain many may have thought the writer made with hoofactory, PSH agency, to cast him for lead role for whatever reason, I think part of the bargain was for this character to do some serious penance _in the story_ , and it was not one that any newbie young actor could take on and handle well. I think this may be a unique instance of the writer needing to tell a unique story and needing a specific actor, who in turn needed this writer and this story as part of his road back, to his golden life.

As mentioned previously, this writer is exacting in her price for any character in  her story to be fully restored to love and acceptance. The viewing public of SK is exacting and demanding. They are in no mood for just another sweet romance story. The writer is slowly, meticulously, and most painfully giving every character chance at his or her redemption, us along with it in the process, vicariously yes, it's 'just drama' afterall, for crying out loud, and yet, it's powerful magic for many.

Some of the same applies to SHS the actress. It's the strange overlap of the actors' stories of struggle and redemption with their characters' stories that has the audience in rapt attention. And as the stories unfold in parallel to what we dread, fear and hope for, we are left in awe of it all. Korea's unknown actress rising to meteoric stardom and breaking all the molds in the process, tied at the hip inextricably to this prince of drama in his hour of vulnerability and need, his golden hour.

The moment seems to deserve a gif I've been saving up.

tumblr_ozlbvg6CVq1valxs7o1_500.gif

EDIT: Half hearted apologies for duplicate post. I caught it but too tired to fix it.

At Around 0:55:10 ep 23, DK is puzzled when Ji Su tells him that she hasn't heard from Ji An since she disappeared, and isn't likely to do in future either. "But I thought you two were really close?" DK observes.  "The last time we met, I completely lost it with her," Ji Su explains.

Ji Soo is a lost cause. If Ji An hesitated in telling Ji Soo the truth fearing the  reaction, she wasn't wrong entirely. Think about how the events unfolded. The moment Ji Soo was made aware of the truth, she immediately thought Ji An was in on it. She immediately called her a greedy fraud who cared more for her well being. Even after knowing the whole truth, she is only focused on the fact that Ji An didn't trust her because she never considered her a sister. That's twisting the scenario way too far. We can no longer assume she has no facts at her disposal or full facts. She knows the whole truth and doesn't care much about any of it. She has made up her mind about Ji An and nothing matters any more. No information will change her mindset. So be it.

She isn't worth Ji An's time and energy and sacrifices. Ji Soo has put herself above others and that is unlikely to change in the near future. Ji An should focus on herself too. Get back on her feet and start prioritizing her physical and psychological health. Its about time.

Archived