[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally all good things have to come to an end and so is for HS... The drama might not be 100% perfect.. But defo got me hooked and one of the best for sure.. It had its own positives and negatives..

For a person who thought HS would be boring and didnt have any hope on KMH, this was a shocker... I regretted making opinions on KMH's acting skill even without watching him perform... I started watching HS 2 weeks later coz I didn't find it interesting.. be it the story line or pair.. But once I started, there was never a stop... :wub:

I've had an amazing time here.... Enjoyed reading all the analyzes and shipping :tongue: This is not a good bye... I will defo be hanging around here.. But nice to meet all your chingus..:D

7 hours ago, cnblueminhyuk said:

I think I had the most pleasure by stalking twitter feeds, many people who started off insulting minhyuk are now huge fans of his

Glad to hear this. Very happy for that guy. Want him to solidify his acting  with another romcom and other challenging roles.

9 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

So we got a hotel scene. My Perv ahjumma mind wants to know: did they or did they not? 

Oh!:lol:

U didn't see my rants before:lol:

We were shown every thing except the main thing.  

I cheated and went to ep 40. I wanted to see the whole cancer plot. I secretly went " hah" when I saw the xray. My guess was right. As usual the medical aspects were either cliche or too dramatic.

However, I got the points the writer was trying to hammer in. Sweet ending. And contrary to all my critical posts, overall Hospital Ship has been one of the most easy watch dramas for the last few years. And one of the rare medical based dramas which didn't try to be too ambitious. So the emotional aspects of human nature and all the warm fuzzies were there. There wasn't any particularly nasty character. And I got to watch HJW and KMH. He and Jungshin are 2 of the better actors amongst the group. This ahjumma here actually brought their CDs over the years. Just didn't mention it cos' he was here as an actor.

I seriously enjoyed the scenery. Its the part of S Korea I haven't been to. Might venture past Busan and do a little exploration next time. And for the cast and crew- think a seaside and seafood location must have been a good change. Even if they had to work overnights and all.

Overall, a nice pleasant drama. Which is not me damming it. Do you know how hard it is to even find a nice pleasant drama to watch these days? I may have critìcised but there wasn't a point where I cursed the storyline or acting. And I didn't find the ending abrupt. It told its story. Their future is clear. The fan is not left hanging. And that is unfortunately so hard to find in a Kdrama.  For the human aspects it was nice to see all the different older actors. And doctors having the time to articulate their feelings. So many Seoul and big city based hospital dramas had too much hospital politics. Here the NS doctors reminded me of the time when everyone was young... and all you had to do was do your job after passing out.And don't have to worry about getting into a training programme. And such a picturesque location. But seriously, all the oldies were so sweet. 

Now to backtrack after knowing the ending.

I watched many medical dramas, but none of them is my favourite im never rewatched them... HS is become my first favourite drama it has so fresh idea, so amazing characters, so touching love line, so deep dialogs... I want rewatch it again Perfect cast! They are the best !

I’ve enjoyed this drama and prob the best medical drama I’ve seen. I’ve learned so much from it and the operations looks so realistic—of course with HJW being behind the camera helps a lot! I wished there really were doctors like Dr Kwak out there!  Like many, I had my reservations about the age difference and KMH acting but he blew my mind—physically and literally! His warm eyes is just as warm as Dr Kwak’s heart.  I’ve seen some complaints about loopholes and story line but honestly, can someone name me a perfect drama? I haven’t seen one! Even the best of the best have their downfalls and HS honestly is one of the current dramas that have kept my interest. 

@darr I haven’t seen your rant yet! Must backread but it would have been daebak if we got to see the main scene lol! I guess for me, the kissing, hugging and hotel room is enough of a hint about what went on during the after party hehehe!! 

13 hours ago, willa7 said:

Totally agree with you!

Okay people - long time have not been here, so I have missed lots of fun... while reading back the older posts incl. that ridiculous one.. (I did not bother to read the translation in the link ), I have 2 comments:

- to that person: get a life!

- to our forrum: where the h... is our shark?????

:D

I am crying again:bawling::bawling:

Gosh, this ending is debeak.

Every other sin is forgiven. 

In all my two yrs plus of watching k drama, only healer came close to touching me the way this drama touched me and so far the best medical drama I hv seen in and out of Korea.  This is what a hospital should depict. Not unnecessary politics and seniority. 

And the trasformation of so many in the drama is so real. Just small love shown to a person can transfer storm that person. Is it the love. So matured. So cool. Some other things are left to viewers imaginations. A drama I can gladly repeat. And the osts are superb. 

My favourite is rainz let it be let it go. I play that song on repeat everyday.

There are some plots that are hanging but it seems we will know the outcomes already.  The only plot I wanted to see closed is that of SEJ ''s aunt but with her positivity and dependant mindset now, she will seek her out one day. She has the support of the most amazing man by her side too. 

HJ''s character was stable except when he was traumatised. He was like a pillar.  He almost lost it when he came to visit SEJ in the hospital and that was when my body started shaking. I couldn't hold back the tears and cried with her.

Ur family is not necessarily Ur immediate but those loving and caring neighbours, colleagues and friend that sorrounds u. They make up what I call family. SEJ may have lost her mum but she gained a whole lot of family and love. 

And there is nothing like when u are stumbling, u look around and see that that special person is there to hold Ur hand and help u on Ur feet again . I perfectly know what she meant by that strong sentence. It makes u love that person unconditionally.  SEJ loved her man so much she don't wanna be a burden to an already burdened soul. 

I am curious, so Dr Kwak is her first man.:D

Come and tell us how far:D.

I want to know o!:D

1 hour ago, lovegirl92 said:

RATINGS!

While You Were Sleeping : 7.3% | 8.6%
Hospital Ship : 7.2% | 8.6%
#Maddog : 5.6%

Disappointed with the ratings, with such great emotional performances, it should have been higher. Howevwr, it is already a done deal. No choice. Will focus on other worthy stuff about the drama the actors and actresses. 

My guess for next week's HS Special, it might include interviews and after party scenes. Was secretly hoping the team has already had the after party the night before KMH left for Osaka. 

Wonder what KMH will share with his bandmates on HS???????

1 hour ago, darr said:

I am curious, so Dr Kwak is her first man.:D

Come and tell us how far:D.

I want to know o!:D

this make me laugh so hard and spit my coffee,  my officemates keeps looking at me as if i was crazy hahahahahahaha,  i think all of as here wants to know too, hahahahaha :D

15 minutes ago, elfvanvan said:

this make me laugh so hard and spit my coffee,  my officemates keeps looking at me as if i was crazy hahahahahahaha,  i think all of as here wants to know too, hahahahaha :D

This also crack me up. I think the writer or director purposely leave it there for our imagination. We can bring it as near as just holding and hugging to sleep throughout the night or they have done it. Latter should be more logical? In view that she plan to give him all before she leave so she has no regrets if it she dies amd she ask if he would think she is a loose women. KH being a healthy man, in a hotel room with the women he loves plus they both working adult, should not stop there right.

Oh mine, everytime i think about this scene my heart stir. Just that if they have done that, would thought there should be hugs or kisses when he sent her off at the bus terminal. Naturally if he wont see her for a while right. Crazy me. 

What do others think? 

10 minutes ago, cslove said:

This also crack me up. I think the writer or director purposely leave it there for our imagination. We can bring it as near as just holding and hugging to sleep throughout the night or they have done it. Latter should be more logical? In view that she plan to give him all before she leave so she has no regrets if it she dies amd she ask if he would think she is a loose women. KH being a healthy man, in a hotel room with the women he loves plus they both working adult, should not stop there right.

Oh mine, everytime i think about this scene my heart stir. Just that if they have done that, would thought there should be hugs or kisses when he sent her off at the bus terminal. Naturally if he wont see her for a while right. Crazy me. 

What do others think? 

Yeah... Look how SEJ wear. Clothes that reveal the shoulder. Hahaha 

45 minutes ago, cslove said:

What do others think? 

i think they really did "it", they are already adults , in a very loving relationship and as you said KH is healthy man and EJ is willing to give her everything to him..  to bad as @darr said theydid not show us the main event.. hahahaha

will there be a special episode for HS? I never watch other dramas' special eps cause i don't really bother with the interviews and BTS, but with this drama, i'll take anything they'd give. 

can't this drama be extended? my poor shipper's heart isn't ready to move on yet.. :bawling:

Archived