[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Pretty Man 国民老公

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

@whome

Thanks for the information about Pretty Man 2 drama. I appreciate it.  From your post, it seem the beginning episodes are a retelling/summary of Season 1 with the new lead actress renacting the scenes and after the "recap" parts it then moves forward and the rest of the episodes are new story about what happen after the end of Season 1 cliffhanger.  Now the plot make sense to me.  As you say, the producers of the drama make it so that the new viewers do not have to watch all of Pretty Man Season 1 in order to understand the Season 2.  I will try to check this drama out at Tencent YT.

Hopefully, the new female lead is a good actress and have nice chemistry with male lead Dylan.

IMO, the new female lead seems to be an okay actress. I thought the actress in Season 1 was a bit more wooden in her acting, whereas the actress in Season 2 was slightly better (just my opinion). Also, the chemistry in Season 2 with Dylan seems more hotter. They have a lot more kissing scenes than Season 1. But then again, there's a lot of kissing and love scenes in the novel!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh... I don't feel very enthused about the first episode of the second series. It seems like I'm watching a completely different drama. The new actress is okay for what they're doing (although the previous one was good on the angst) but the show doesn't exactly pick up where it left off. They've done what Lucas did with Anakin Skywalker after Episodes 1-3 came out. The non-linear approach that they've taken also doesn't help. 

I need closure on a number of threads so I may persevere at a later time.

Archived