Hong Soo Hyun 홍수현

Guest cutegurl87

February 23, 2012

"History of a Salaryman" Extends for Two Episodes

by: hazelnutthursdays soompi.com

17c27c9964788850d1ad45b8937c36af_large.jpg

“History of a Salaryman,” starring Lee Beom Soo and Jung Ryeo Won, was recently announced to get a two-episode extension. According to reports from local news agencies, the SBS drama picked up on ratings towards the end of its run, enough to nudge ahead of its rival, MBC’s “Light and Shadows” and earn an extension to wrap its storylines.

“History of a Salaryman” is a drama about the joys and sorrows of working people. The drama has earned praise for its humor and entertaining way of handling its subject matter.

With the extension, “History of a Salaryman” will end in mid-March at 22 episodes. This will push back the premiere date of its replacement, “Fashion King” starring Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri by a week.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 20, 2012

Fans sent birthday gifts to actress Hong Soo Hyun at the 'Salaryman' fiming set

Source: Nate

The actress playing Cha Woo Hee in the highly popular 'History of the Salaryman' recently celebrated her birthday on the drama location on February 15.

4be4621dda6d6469df8365249d127ba1.jpg

1329721011_275170.jpg

20120220102930_180707_500_672.jpg

20120220002723_0.jpg

201202201701774701_1.jpg

March 1, 2012

Actress Hong Soo-hyun Enjoying Her Time in the Sun

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

2012030100466_1.jpg

Since debuting as an actress 11 years ago, Hong Soo-hyun has appeared in more than 20 dramas, but true stardom remained elusive as she mostly found herself restricted to supporting roles. However, those days seem numbered now as she has captured the spotlight for her strong performance in the SBS' soap "History of the Salaryman."

The soap, which airs on Mondays and Tuesdays, has been drawing ratings of around 20 percent -- making this amusing take on life at a Korean company the most popular program in its time slot. Hong acting in the show has been described by critics as "an amalgamation of all the great acting she has ever done."

Hong has kept herself extremely busy of late, moving from show to show to flex her acting muscles. After appearing in SBS' "Lie to Me" early last year, she immediately moved on to the hit KBS show "The Princess' Man." After that, she was chosen to join the cast of "History of the Salaryman." After getting hold of the script, she said she knew immediately that "this was a show I absolutely had to do."

"I'm the type of person that gets more involved and enthusiastic once the project gets going, and I enjoy really sinking my teeth into a role. Of course, I enjoy taking it easy and hanging out with friends, but the truth is, I start to feel uneasy if I'm not working on a project," she said.

She added that her busy schedule has kept her from the gym for the past two years, which has left her feeling sapped of energy as she often has to work through the night to finish filming.

Hong began her acting career after debuting as a magazine model in high school. Due to being only a minor celebrity, she says she often felt outshone by others and experienced her fair share of slumps. However, whenever she considered quitting, she realized there was nothing that matched her calling as an actress. As such, she said she feels grateful to still be in the game and winning over critics and fans alike.

"If my popularity continues to grow, then better-quality shows and more appealing characters will come my way," she said. "I have always worked hard, but it seems like I've been stuck in the same place, so it's interesting how my fan base is suddenly spreading now."

She said she is waiting for the special day to arrive when she gets offered a starring role in a major show. "I don't want to be some wishy-washy side character," she said. "A fully fleshed out and more extreme role -- that is what I'm longing for."

March 6, 2012

History of the Salaryman: Episode 19

by HeadsNo2

hots19-00431-1.jpg

The funny is back! Granted, the funny never really left, but it’s been taking a backseat the past few episodes in favor of plot development (I know, right?). There’s romance, corporate plotting, and copious expenditures galore as Gabi teeters on the edge of her sanity and our heroines continue to be just as cool as our heroes. I think I’m in love with this show all over again.

Ratings took a bit of a dip today at 18.7%, but those are some solid numbers to grow on. There’s still time!

More at dramabeans.com

Guest purpleZ

I thought I'd drop by this thread to show more support. I've always liked HSH (since Sang Doo, Let's Go To School), but not until I watch her again in Salary Man that I realize how much I actually adore her. I'm so happy that she's finally recognized after so many years in the showbiz and limited to supporting roles until recently. I believe her popularity rises since The Princess Man. I hope her talent and potential will be recognized more and more. I don't know how long she's been under Keyeast, but I believe she's doing much better under that management company. I'm waiting for the time she gets the leading role!

Special thanks to Rubie for your updates! I didn't realize that she starred in Bungee Jumping of Their Own. I watched that movie long time ago before Sang Doo. I must start watching again since it's also one of my favorite movies :)

Here I want to share new pics of SH endorsing a bag brand.

30000021882.jpg

gisaimg7php.jpg

gisaimg6php.jpg

2012030801000455500035761.jpg

Srouce: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=204315

March 8, 2012

'Salaryman Cho Hanji' continues upswing in ratings

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdaily.com

07174904.jpg

SBS drama “Salaryman Cho Hanji” has continued its upward trend in the ratings this week, becoming the most-watched show it its timeslot on March 6.

The show’s 20th episode garnered 21 percent of viewers nationwide, and 21.9 in metropolitan areas, according to research by AGB Nielsen Media. Its plot revolves around a pharmaceutical company and is also a parody of a Chinese classic called “Cho Hanji.”

Competing shows included MBC’s “Light and Shadow,” which saw ratings of 17.6 percent, and KBS 2’s “Dream High,” which trailed at 6.4 percent.

The 20th episode was originally slated to be the last, but producers decided to extend the drama, which features Jung Ryeo-won and Lee Bum-soo, by two episodes since viewership figures picked up after the 16th episode.

“Salaryman Cho Hanji” is a collaboration between the writer and program director from 2010’s hit SBS drama “Giant,” which also featured Lee Bum-soo.

Guest purpleZ

I absolutely loved that kiss scene and the scene where she jumped from joy in her home after receiving the ring! This girl needs more love :)

I think this is HSH's mini hompy. Many unseen pictures of her in here :)

Hong Soo Hyun's mini hompy

Sharing some pictures of her at the 2011 KBS Drama Awards where she won 2 awards :)

20120101000909_1_rstarjun.jpg

20120101000603_1_rstarjun.jpg

a8227addd1b721799b5d6137a8769128.jpg

a3bc45db5f7bfb55ecf92032c86dbdf2.jpg

gisaimg3php.jpg

gisaimg4php.jpg

^

Good to see HSH at the awards ceremony.. didn't realize that she was in Princess' Man (didn't watch the series, unfortunately) but I saw her in Temptation of An Angel.. however, it was mainly for BSB and HSH's character wasn't as shining as Woo Hee in Salaryman, obviously.

Here I want to share new pics of SH endorsing a bag brand.

Srouce: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=204315

Mainsite soompi wrote about this at the news section today! And such long legs to boot!

March 7, 2012

Hong Soo Hyun's Diverse Looks for Fashion Brand Bequem

by: jnkm soompi.com

20120307185310300.jpg

Nate

Actress Hong Soo Hyun showed off her stylishness through a photo shoot for fashion brand, Bequem.

Hong Soo Hyun was chosen to be the model for Bequem's 2012 spring/summer line. This photo shoot took place on February 20 in a studio in Kangnam.

Hong Soo Hyun has showed many different kinds of sides to her, especially during the hit drama, "Salaryman Chohanji." She sported office looks, home wear and other outfits that showed off her glamorous body line. Likewise, she showed many diverse images through this photo shoot, displaying her cute and sexy charms.

Meanwhile, Hong Soo Hyun is playing a chic and sexy but also comic role in the drama, "Salaryman Chohanji," giving much pleasure to the viewers.

Guest purpleZ

^ I also haven't watched The Princess Man since historical dramas don't attract me that much. I might pick it up to watch just for her :)

This is older news, but it's not been shared here. So here it goes.

==========================================================

Actress Hong Soo Hyun becomes a beauty icon with her honey-like skin

January 17, 2012 9:50 pm ilnungcha

tv1.jpg

Actress Hong Soo Hyun became a beauty icon by appearing on 2012’s new series, Cho Han Ji, The Salary Man.

She attracts attention by playing the haughty and comical Cha Woo Hee, and also shows off her pearl-like skin.

In the series, Cho Han Ji, The Salary Man, Hong is arousing many women’s jealousy because she has such a nice body that looks good with any kind of clothes including shirts, vests, jackets, and other outfits that show off her curves.

Hong sometimes shows appears as a cold city woman by wearing a luxurious coat and elegant two-piece suits, yet also shows her natural and chic beauty as well by matching a white shirt and a knit cardigan. Not only that, the accessories and glasses she wears, make her look more fashionable.

Along with her fashion, her pure and moist skin also attracts attention. By wearing a nude-tone transparent make-up, she makes her perfect skin stand out. People say that her skin is worthy to receive praises such as, “Honey-like skin.” “Luxurious skin.”

Netizens also praised her by saying, “Your acting style also twinkles.” “You have such a good fashion sense! I wannabe Hong Soo Hyun!” “I’m so jealous of Hong Soo Hyun’s honey-like skin.”

SBS’s miniseries Cho Han Ji, The Salary Man that is creating a stir airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 p.m.

Source: JTN

Translated article: Korea.cm

March 13, 2012

"Salaryman" viewing percentage 21.8%

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

1331677669_287791.jpg

"Salaryman" ended in success, arousing the rules of winding domination once again.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 14th, SBS drama "Salaryman" recorded 21.7% on its final episode on the 13th. This is 1.6% higher than the previous 21st episode.

Mo Ga-bi (Kim Seo-hyeong) was destroyed on this day due to the betrayal of someone around her. The story ended in a happy ending with Yoo-bang (Lee Beom-soo) and Yeo-chi (Jeong Ryeo-won) entering Cheon Ha Group once again.

Meanwhile, KBS 2 "Dream High 2" rated 5.8% and "Lights and Shadows" rated 17.9%.

Guest purpleZ

Hong Soo-hyeon cast as Ryoo Si-won's wife in "Goodbye Dear Wife"

photo227881.jpg

Actress Hong Soo-hyeon has been chosen to be the wife of actor Ryoo Si-won.

She has been cast for the role of Kang Seon-ah in the Channel A drama "Goodbye Dear Wife" which will be aired on the 7th of May.

"Goodbye Dear Wife" is a romantic comedy about the relationship rights between married couples who need romance. The key role would be that of Cha Seung-hyeok (Ryoo Si-won) who dreams of 'romance again' with his first love and boldly says goodbye to his wife, and Kang Seon-ah who has the reins to her husband but is tired of trying to restrain him.

The productions said, "There has been many interested in Japan about the leading female role. Enquiries have been oncoming in phone calls and SNS, enough to delay work at the offices. The return of Hallyu Prince to screens for the first time in 4 years proved our reputation in Japan".

Hong Soo-hyeon was focused on as the unfortunate Princess Kyeong-hye in the KBS drama "The Princess' Man" and as intelligent and proud Cha Woo-hee in the SBS drama "Salaryman".

Berdi Media claimed, "Kang Seon-ah is a wise wife who knows how to restrain her husband and sometimes to let go and is a lovely character who is very bright and cheerful. Her intelligent and bold character fit just right with Kang Seon-ah like decalcomania".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Via: Hancinema

============================================

I'm so happy for her! Her character sounds pitiful though... No matter what, I will catch this drama :)

Archived