Hong Soo Hyun 홍수현

Guest cutegurl87

Guest purpleZ

Even if it's just a dream, still feel good that Soo Hyun has a kiss scene with YAI. A little consolation for his cold treatment to her character can I say? :)>-

2013.06.10ec9ea5ec98a5eca0952cec82aceb9e

201306102250270310_1.jpg
1370872341_523352.jpg

Source: Nate

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest purpleZ

Hong Soo Hyun got into a car accident last week and is known just today :( Fortunately shes' ok and continued to shoot the next day. The report was saying that luckily she wore her seat belt so she didn't suffer serious injury and was brought to the hospital to check her condition and nothing strange was found. Just like when she was filming for another sageuk "The Princess Man", she also got into an car accident. At first I thought it's an old news, but it's new. Hong Soo Hyun stay safe!

홍수현 교통사고 "바로 촬영 복귀…정말 괜찮은거 맞죠?"

Hong Soo Hyun's Car Accident "Return to Filming Right Away... Is She Really Okay?"

2013-06-12 14:04
20130612115953_310175_500_751.jpg

Source: EToday News

Guest livon123

OMG, thank goodness she is okay. She is doing excellent on Jang Ok Jung. I also like the fact their is a kiss between SJ and IH even though it was a dream. I already see SJ regretting dethroning IH, it is definitely not easy to be the queen. 
Anyway, IH shared more screen time with CS i think haha. Although it is totally for their own advantage, CS wants OJ, IH wants SJ -- it is obvious she doesn't really care for the queen's position as much as everyone think, she was so sad when she though SJ bedded SB. 
May I say I really like IH and SB's friendship or relationship. regardless in history these two work together, I think that is nice to know. 
Soo Hyun just has a way to make her character shine. I love her bubbly character in real life too. LOL, i hope to hear about her next project soon too. hopefully she can quickly recharge about Jang Ok Jung and find a very good series. A modern series perhaps? She can do great in either genre. haha, I love her ancient series!

Guest purpleZ

Finally my wish came true, In Hyun met Chi Soo and they're sharing many scenes in episode 20.Although there's unlikely a love line between them, but still it's all right.

Haha, you'd better not say that in JOJ thread or there will be 3 wars instead of 2! It's crazy in JOJ thread how fans of Ok Jung and fans of Suk Bin verbally attack each other. In a sense some of OJ fans are really mean with their words too and SB's fans try to defend their idol. It's understandable. It can get quite childish. Some fans just care about their OTP, or just protecting OJ and curse LS. But one thing we have in common is that I also think LS is a jerk! He treats all his women badly. I also like SB and IH's interaction. It's good to know that In Hyun is not alone. She's got Chi Soo and Suk Bin by her side.

I think some fans can get delusional. They should've known and prepared to the fact that Yoo A In will be romancing 3 females and all three will be his queens. Before I started watching I was already prepared that Soo Hyun will be treated badly by him, reading the synopsis. So I didn't get my hopes high. Now when the story has developed to the stage of his new woman, OTP/OJ fans think it's out of the blue, demand a script change and then curse the new character... Blaming the rating dip to the entrance of LS' new woman, OJ change of character. The fact is, the rating was even lower when it was just about the OTP. It got higher since there's conflicts and when OJ slowly turned evil.

Well, who am I to argue? I can say I see this quite objectively. The only person to be blamed is the scripwriter for writing and promoting too long of the beautiful love story of JOJ and LS and to drop the bomb near the second half and crush the hopes of the OTP lovers.

Guest Camilaa

The hottest actors, I love Ji Sub and Mr.Kwan. Soo Hyun movies are awesome pairing, series are getting there haha. 
The thread is almost unbearable to go into at JOJ, I go there to look for news and pics only. 
Anyway, I got to say I have a lot more wish on IH character, but compare to some of the script and character changes, IH's character is still among my favorite. LOL, in JOJ I think the secondary character are very favorable, from Prince DP to CS, IK, etc.

Hong Soo Hyun, Lee Sang Yeob’s Lover 4 Years Ago…Their Special Connection Is A Hot Topic

tumblr_inline_moo5dpFNI41qz4rgp.jpg

The relationship between Hong Soo Hyun and Lee Sang Yeob from four years ago is a hot topic.

The fact that Hong Soo Hyun and Lee Sang Yeob, who are currently appearing together in the SBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Jang Ok Jung, Live In Love”, appeared together as lovers in the 2009 KBS drama “Her Style”, which has caught the attention of netizens, albeit lately.

At the time, Lee Sang Yeob appeared as the 20-something-year-old host Yoon Suk Woo, who was a shy and shameless; however, his transformation into the “Pet Boy” that possessed charms to the extent that it wasn’t possible to hate him, capturing the hearts of female viewers in the process.

Yoon Suk Woo even though of himself of the dating coach of Hong Soo Hyun’s character, and through his acting he was able to get her to smile, capturing the attention of the viewers.

This time, Hong Soo Hyun and Lee Sang Yeob’s fresh and new charms are capturing attention.

Meanwhile, the netizens who came across this picture had various remarks, such as “Hong Soo Hyun really seems like a child”, “The two match each other very well”, “Their fresh appearance is interesting”, etc.

Source

Translation: Yeoshindeul.tumblr.com

Guest purpleZ

Since JOJ thread is only OTP minded, I'll just post my thoughts here. I haven't watched the ending but I know what'll happen. Many OJ fans on JOJ thread started petition to ask for a rewrite / director's cut with different ending, attacked SBS fb page. Yoo Ah In already ranted and went verbal war with his followers due to the complaints. Although not specifically the complaints of the fans who think JOJ LIL "distorted history", I think he's had enough of all rants. I don't think  they help much by signing petition. It will make it even worse. Can't they just value their work that they've tried so hard to deliver? They can't listen to every wish fans have. They have worked 5 months endlessly so just be thankful and appreciatve and move on!

Last scene of Queen In Hyun. I bawled watching this scene. It's so heart breaking. Soo Hyun can really bring out a subtle acting but deliver a strong inner emotion ^:)^   It's so heartbreaking when she said that she wanted to be treated as a woman and not as Minister Min's daughter and that she was very lonely :(( I'm glad that she said that if she had to choose again, she wouldn't choose Lee Soon. I agree with you! And I'm satisfied that LS regrets everything he did to her, he held her hands and cried in front of her. Oh, LS did a family walk with IH for the first time. I think I'm more than satisfied with those scenes. At least he really showed that he appreciates her as the Queen, respects her as the Mother of the Nation, even not as a woman.

When she talked with OJ, she said that when she first saw LS, it was hate from first sight (LS towards her) :(( How heartbreaking is that? OJ comforted her saying 'No, I'm sure Your Highness doesn't hate you'. That was touching. If the two ladies had met in a different circumstance they would've been best friends. Although I wasn't fond of OJ, this scene saved my dislike towards her even just a bit. Also how she stood up for IH when Suk Won talked freely about her. In Hyun was after all the well respected and loved Mother of the Nation. I'm glad that they showed that even in a reinterpretation pro OJ.

987690_1000.jpg
987405_1000.jpg
988456_1000.jpg
987007_1000.jpg

Guest purpleZ

Wrap up party pics. Love this couple! :x

20130626214311100.jpg

Soo Hyun looks so pretty with bangs :)
20130626195316391.jpg
130626_51cac06005b64.jpg
201306261916522910_1.jpg
201306261915442910_1.jpg
201306261917402910_1.jpg
130626_51cabf6539957.jpg
20130626194453774.jpg
130626_51cac1c72fc18.jpg
20130626194013348.jpg
130626_51cac115edb64.jpg
201306261914472910_1.jpg
130626_51cabfed9d5dc.jpg

Credit: As tagged.
Source: Nate.

Guest emaan

Thank you so much for keeping this thread alive, you guys. I truly appreciate! 
I love Hong Soo Hyun! she is a truly grounded actor.  Versatile and a very very good.  I hope she gets main lead roles in promising projects. In the crowd of  of average actors she really stands out! 

I do think Soo Hyun is poised for a breakthrough in her career, but then again, I thought the same thing after History of the Salaryman. She is among the best actresses in her age group and she's pretty hot, so she really just needs a production company to take a chance on her and make her the heroine of a drama on one of the big three networks. She does lack the star power since she only revived her career two years ago as Princess Kyung Hye, but I think she can overcome that fairly easy. We're in the midst of a transition in the drama industry where the networks and drama production companies are solely focused on profits and selling the rights to dramas overseas while the viewers are growing increasingly frustrated by the day with numerous idols invading dramas and taking lead roles.

If any of you guys watch Japanese dramas, you'll see that this already happened. There are so many dramas with idols in them, taking away roles from actual actors. However, it works in Japan since there are more than six prime time dramas airing at a time (dramas air once a week in Japan and there are more channels and more broadcast slots). In Korea, there are really only 6 prime time slots at a time and idols are snatching many roles. Soo Hyun would be perfect for production companies to take a chance on for a lead role because she has showed her acting chops in her past three network dramas, thus giving the viewers what they are demanding so much.

I do think it is time for her to move on from being the second female lead at this point. I have yet to finish Jang Ok Jung (still have 4-5 episodes left), but Soo Hyun, along with Yoo Ah In, have been the brightest points in the drama. Soo Hyun did extremely well as Inhyun, considering that the drama tried to paint her as a total villain in the beginning, but Soo Hyun was able to portray Inhyun's humanistic traits, sliding Inhyun's character toward the middle of being completely evil and completely good. She was able to show off both the positive and negative traits of Inhyun while the writing tried portraying her as the villain.

Guest asadal

The Real CZ said: I do think Soo Hyun is poised for a breakthrough in her career, but then again, I thought the same thing after History of the Salaryman. She is among the best actresses in her age group and she's pretty hot, so she really just needs a production company to take a chance on her and make her the heroine of a drama on one of the big three networks. She does lack the star power since she only revived her career two years ago as Princess Kyung Hye, but I think she can overcome that fairly easy. We're in the midst of a transition in the drama industry where the networks and drama production companies are solely focused on profits and selling the rights to dramas overseas while the viewers are growing increasingly frustrated by the day with numerous idols invading dramas and taking lead roles.

If any of you guys watch Japanese dramas, you'll see that this already happened. There are so many dramas with idols in them, taking away roles from actual actors. However, it works in Japan since there are more than six prime time dramas airing at a time (dramas air once a week in Japan and there are more channels and more broadcast slots). In Korea, there are really only 6 prime time slots at a time and idols are snatching many roles. Soo Hyun would be perfect for production companies to take a chance on for a lead role because she has showed her acting chops in her past three network dramas, thus giving the viewers what they are demanding so much.

I do think it is time for her to move on from being the second female lead at this point. I have yet to finish Jang Ok Jung (still have 4-5 episodes left), but Soo Hyun, along with Yoo Ah In, have been the brightest points in the drama. Soo Hyun did extremely well as Inhyun, considering that the drama tried to paint her as a total villain in the beginning, but Soo Hyun was able to portray Inhyun's humanistic traits, sliding Inhyun's character toward the middle of being completely evil and completely good. She was able to show off both the positive and negative traits of Inhyun while the writing tried portraying her as the villain.

Archived