Hong Soo Hyun 홍수현

Guest cutegurl87

Guest handongmi

purpleZ said: Till now I'm kind of disappointed in how the scriptwriter depict OJ and IH. They make OJ too pitiful, pure, nice and a victim of everyone that IH looks kind of bad towards OJ. This is a distortion of history. How can they make the queen of the nation queen In Hyeon to be bad and JOJ to be the victim of everything? While it's ok to show compassion and nice sides of a supposedly scheming personage as OJ but she is just being portrayed too unrealisticly. For example, the king throws himself at her and she refuses blandly? I can't believe this. I hope that she's in the process of becoming more flawed and her ambition for power will show.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest purpleZ

That's okay, @handongmi. We're only more than happy that there are more people coming in here to butt in <:-P Just comment anytime you like and join in and butt in any conversation you want.

I love SH in Princess' Man too. I was kind of hesitant about her joining JOJ because she's going to play the second lead again and reading about the storyline and about her having no men who love her in the show made me feel even worse. Then I read people's comments about how much of an important figure and how kind hearted Queen In Hyeon actually was and after reading a bit of the history of King SJ, I became relieved. Then after watching JOJ so far it irks me how the scriptwriter making OJ the oh so nice heroine and IH kind of a villain. Just face it, people ROOT for the OTP (that's what the screenwriters purposely trying to sell to attract more people) so it doesn't matter if OJ was the evil one and this drama IS about OJ and her love with King SJ. So IH, even being the great Queen getting jealous (duh, which goes without a saying) of OJ will be condemned and hated by the OTP fans. I can see it coming unfortunately :( That's what stops me from posting in JOJ thread. Maybe as the story unfolds more and with IH getting more scenes I will go back there and contribute. Now I only see the same kissing and making out pictures of OJ and SJ posted dozens of times!

Please come more often @handongmi and @livon123 and let's express our frustrations together. LOL! :-*

Some caps of episode 9 of our great Queen:
20130506_1367847217.jpg
2013050700553376_1_rstarjws.jpg
201305062308330310_1.jpg

And some stills

201305071052241210_1.jpg

Source: Nate

Guest purpleZ

"Jang Ok-jeong" Hong Soo-hyeon becomes rival with Kim Tae-hee

2013/05/06

photo306887.jpg

Hong Soo-hyeon finally became Queen on the episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok-jeong".

In-hyeon (Hong Soo-hyeon) finally became Queen after In-kyeong passed away but Sook-jong (Yoo Ah-in) kept pushing back the marriage. He loved Ok-jeong (Kim Tae-hee) and therefore he wasn't interested in In-hyeon. Meanwhile, he was hurt severely in the head trying to save Ok-jeong.

Ok-jeong was driven out of the palace and Sook-jong couldn't get up. Min Yoo-joong (Lee Hyo-jeong) suggested regency by the Queen mother (Kim Seon-kyeong) who ordered the marriage of In-hyeon and Sook-jong.

In the end, In-hyeon became queen and entered the palace. The palace maids and servants went to get her with their heads bowed low. In-hyeon's dream of becoming a queen finally came true. However, rivalry was hinted between In-hyeon and Ok-jeong as she stayed outside the palace worried sick about Sook-jong.

Meanwhile, Ok-jeong and Sook-jong swore love for each other.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

HanCinema permalink.

Guest pelicancharm

Hi everyone,

When I first heard about the JOJ drama, I was pretty much intrigued to see JOJ potrayed in a different light and sort of give her ' version' of how events occurred. I knew it would be hard for me to keep an open mind because all I know about Jang Hee Bin was from the history lessons taught in the Korean dramas, aka Dong Yi, Queen In Hyun's man and of course wikipedia. But I gave it a shot to watch the drama anyway to see how the story would unfold.  That was the reason why I watched this drama. Not for the OTP, YAI or KTH. Though I was super excited to see HSY :x in another saeguk since she blew me away in The Princess Man. So, with HSY and the reinterpretation of JOJ in the back of mind, I watched the first episode with no expectations at all.

However, KTH showed promising flashes of really good acting, subtle and restrained. I found myself empathising for her. I was so surprised since I couldn't stand her acting in all her previous dramas. This time I was affected by her acting  in JOJ that I finally embraced JOJ's reinterpretation.

Now, HSY as QIH I think she delivers in spades all the pride and dignity of QIH. She is definitely not an evil character and I love HSY even more as she brings a lot of layers to QIH character. She is not weak or angelic, but determined for her lot in life which is to be Mother of the Nation. That is her destiny and HSY does that beautifully. In her interactions with JOJ, before JOJ entered the palace and when she was in the palace,I can sense the pride of QIH who was raised all her life to become the Queen and I don't blame her at all for wanting that. Even with the underhanded tactic by the dowager queen in making IH as the betrothed while LS was in a coma, IH still came out tops for me when she made an alliance with LS to make her queen in exchange that she brings JOJ as his concubine. That was pretty smart.

I think that both of these characters are similar in terms of their pride and dignity but it has to be looked at different angles. Please don't slay me when I said this as comparing JOJ and QIH might be outrageous given the historical background and facts between the two. But this drama is not painted as black and white. There are lovely grey areas which makes you think out loud and wonder in amazement.

I'm delighted with the sizzling chemistry between KTH and YAI but thankfully my respect for QIH has never wavered at all. I just see her in a more sympathetic light and I'm happy so far with how IH is being made out to be. I don't find her evil or morally ambiguous at all and I'm glad that HSY is doing such a fantastic job in this role.

@purpleZ, I am on the JOJ thread and you can be assured that I do mention HSY and I don't bash her at all :x. I love what she is bringing to the character and I believe the writers will do justice to IH's character.

Guest livon123

haha, after today's epi, epi 10 I really feel for IH, and Soo Hyun's acting is amazing. I also love that alliance, before SJ always look down on her, and probably still do, but he always think she has a disguise. However, now he kind of threw away everything to be with OJ, and IH while being in the middle of it all, still remember if she is the queen what would she do, not only as the queen, but to protect SJ what would she do. I think she act with the intention of hurting the less people as possible. She warns OJ not to get too close to the royals because of status, and obviously the fights from west and south. I am looking forward to her in the next epi already. The more scene of IH the better. I think the OTP has scenes every epi, and they are definitely one of the reason I was attracted to the series too, in fact, I might be totally rooting for the OTP if it wasn't for finding out Soo Hyun was the second female lead, and dang I watched Dong Yi, so I got a soft spot for Sukbin too.
Anyway, Soo Hyun is getting noticed for her acting and I am happy for her. I hope the next time she do another saeguk she will be the lead haha. 
News about Soo Hyun in Jang ok junghttp://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_read.jsp?news_id=N1001773848 
http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=324386 

Guest purpleZ

Ha ha. Reading @pelicancharm and @livon123 comments I realize that I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy the OTP scenes. I even skipped their scenes a little in the last episode 8-| It's just that I really pity Queen IH even more after she got married to King SJ. I mean he's literally cheating in front of her with OJ. I'm glad that polygamy is erased in the common world! I get that SJ and OJ love each other a long time already...

@pelicancharm Please stay supporting Queen IH in JOJ thread! :) I will catch up with you soon.And I know that @livon123 always say something nice about our Queen there. Fighting! ^:)^

Guest livon123

@purpleZ: LOL, I watch the OTP scenes, I try to understand them, but it really different than all previous portrayal so I not sure I like it. I find myself skipping some scenes too because it doesn't feel necessary, and kind of boring. HAHA< I know what you mean, every time Queen IH shows up, I can't help but watch her scenes, sometimes rewind just her scenes to get a little more info. I think she need the support, the series should carry more weight on all aspects and cast. I think she is a very understanding wife, and a noble woman in status and respectful character

Guest purpleZ

Screencaps of JOJ episode 11

201305140639481710_1.jpg
2013051401483895_1_rstarjws.jpg
2013051400412165_1_rstarjws.jpg
201305141445391114_1.jpg
201305140953340310_1.jpg

Source: Nate.

==================================================

Look at how evil that face of OJ is! Stay strong IH!

Guest purpleZ

'Jang Ok Jung' Hong Soo Hyun, Who will know In Hyun's complicated feeling / heart

2013-05-15 14:04

201305151348190310_1.jpg

=============================================================
More screencaps

2013051501410915_1_rstarjws.jpg

Guest handongmi

Hello everyone.. and thank you @purpleZ for letting me to butt in.. haha. xD

Anyways, please let me say this although I feel like I don't have the right to judge since I'm just reading/scanning the recaps of the drama.. but I really do pity QIH now.. :( I mean, in previous portrayals I really do feel for the queen, but in this drama it seems that I pity her more.. the king was making her feel unloved and very insignificant.. and he does it in a very intentional way. King sukjong was portrayed to be very cold to queen inhyeon.. I feel more for our queen here because in previous portrayals of these characters, yes the king don't love her as a wife or as a woman BUT he do love the queen as a friend and he honor and recognize her as his queen.. but here, in this drama the king was so mean to her..

And I don't know why but even if queen inhyeon's side plots against ok jung.. I still feel more for the queen rather than lady jang.. ok jung was being wronged but still, I don't pity her.. oh my.. maybe I just really like the queen.. haha. :)

I'm sorry if it seems that I'm comparing the drama from the previous dramas that I have watched.. but it's just that, I really love queen inhyeon and I feel really sad for her tragic life.. she's a kind and lovely queen and yet she had a very tragic story..

And to Soo Hyun, I think she's doing a fantastic job.. those expressions make me feel the pain of our queen.. great job for her.. =D>

Guest livon123

Thanks everyone for the update and comment. I also think that Soo Hyun does an amazing job, but it look like the writers has lost track of what each character is suppose to do, but they definitely know In Hyun is very popular among fans of Queen In Hyun, maybe ep 14 meet up with Prince DP is a hint, or something. I like the fact that Prince DP is from a different fraction then Queen IH, but they seem to be speaking nicely together! 
By the way, Soo Hyun's new outfit and dress up for Queen IN Hyun look great, so natural, compare to JOJ's heavy makeup.

Guest handongmi

Hello everyone! :)
I have been reading the comments about the drama for sometime now.. there are some who really like how queen inhyeon was being portrayed while others don't really like it at all.. I even read that the queen was a queen who's hungry for power.. well, the history says otherwise (it was actually jang hee bin who is hungry for power).. :) and no matter how they see the character of the queen, I will still love her.. queen inhyeon was a queen who have a big heart and she definitely deserves to be respected. =)
And I'm sorry but I don't know, is it just me or I just really find the king somewhat not like a king? It seems that his actions/decisions depend on one woman.. as a king, his responsibility as a leader should come first before other things.. but it's like his world revolves only around ok jung.. and he even spends more time cuddling with ok jung rather than discussing national affairs.. maybe this drama just really wanted to show the love story of king sukjong and his famous concubine, jang hee bin.. but as for my opinion, the sukjong-okjung moments were just too much..
Anyway, sorry for rambling here.. and thanks for all of the updates! Much love to all! :x
:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest purpleZ

Queen IH is finally standing up for herself and out of her passive mode! Her character is having a flesh out chance. Aside from her action she should do amazingly good. I haven't watched episode 17 yet. I've read some compliments on her acting in episode 17 and some curses about her snatching the baby away from OJ. I hope she will continue to stand up for herself but not to the wrong side...

Caps of episode 17:

2013060400442533_1_rstarjws.jpg

2013060400395976_1_rstarjws.jpg
30000288677.jpg
20130604_1370281121_16060400_1.jpg

2013060401374739_1_rstarjws.jpg

Source: Nate.

Guest livon123

Can anyone translation this clip with DP and IH, well haha SY and SH, they are definitely funny off screen! there are more clips too!!

Guest purpleZ

2013-06-10044831_zps3d954a14.jpg
2013-06-10044835_zps7e08c9b7.jpg
2wik5.jpg

Credit: As tagged.

Actually, I'm glad that IH is getting dethroned. She's been invisible in the King's eyes and non-existant in his heart. I hope she'll get to live outside the palace (before she's back to the Queen seat) and get some love and care from a kind man who supports her and love her. I want to see her interact with Chi Soo (Jae Hee) since he's the only one living outside the palace. I would love to see a DP-IH interaction, but DP's heart is filled with OJ so that would be hard.

Archived