[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

4 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

But then I think of how she ended up at DongMan's match later, even though she just had such heartbreak and even though she couldn't bear to watch it at all, cowering in absolute terror and fear... She reminds me of MMA Fighter Choo SungHoon's wife Yano Shiho when he was at the UFC fight against Mina or at the last UFC Fight Night 79 where he won. She was all "I can't (bear to) see you" but then runs to him without even a prompt. And I'm doing the cha-cha rumba inside because my OTP is coming true soon!

Yes, that is true.  Agree with both of you, @xxPeepsxx  and @Lyna .  She was crying so hard too watching her husband got hurt but still she gave him support 100%.  A bit of reality in our drama.  AR has proven that she is that kind of a lady.  She still gave her support although at the same time she's terrified watching DM got hurt.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed, both guys that Aera dated had the name "Moo" in them. I don't know if that's coincidence or a pun that the writer intentionally did. but it can be interpreted metaphorically:

Mooki (Aera's  previous bf) can mean mosquito in korean. what does a mosquito do? they land on a person's skin and suck their blood, leaving them with some sort of infection (i.e. malaria, etc), then moves on. Mooki basically was like that with Aera. she financially supported him when he was going to school, but moved on when he found an older woman with money.

Park Seo Joon Shares What Relatable Message “Fight My Way” Tries To Express In His Opinion

Park-Seo-Joon.jpg

KBS2’s “Fight My Way” has been winning the hearts of viewers since day one for its relatable characters, and the actors playing these roles evidently feel the same way as the audience as well.

During a press meeting on June 13, Park Seo Joon reflected on his lead role as Go Dong Man, a former taekwondo athlete who originally gave up his dreams after an unforgettable mistake. As the drama goes on, Go Dong Man reclaims and starts chasing his dreams again, and faces realistic obstacles that stand in his way as he tries to go from being a “third-rate” wash out to his former glory as an award-winning fighter.

Park Seo Joon revealed, “I end up thinking a lot about my past self as I act as Go Dong Man.” The actor explained that when he first started to act, he also lived in a eight pyeong (approximately 285 sq. ft) studio apartment, so he feels nostalgic whenever he’s at the set for his character’s apartment.

He also expressed that he thinks the overall message of “Fight My Way” is summed up by Go Dong Man’s memorable line in episode four, “Even if I don’t succeed, I’m going to just go for it!”

“When I was discharged from the army, I also thought that ‘things will work out exactly how I want them to.’ But when I faced reality, I saw the world keeps spinning even if I have nothing. I realized that I am just like a speck of dust in comparison to the world,” Park Seo Joon explained. “So, there may be those who saw Dong Man’s sudden outburst as just humor, but I strongly tried to portray that line so that it could be impactful to those with big dreams.”

During the event, the actor also touched on his detailed preparations for this drama, both mentally and physically, and shared how his biggest goal is to portray his character in the same realistic manner as how the drama is being received.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/13/park-seo-joon-shares-relatable-message-fight-way-tries-express-opinion/

Guest Bissu

Can the rating just jump to 30% already so Park Seo Joon & Kim Ji Won can get married.

Aside from that I don't really care about the ratings. This is a quality drama and all the actors are doing superbly. They, the directors, writers, etc. should all be proud. 

EPS 8 WAS SO CUTE! I was so nervous for Dong Man's debut but he beat that guy in 19 seconds!!! And at the end when he walked up to Ae Ra he looked so handsome. And coach is the best supporter ever, he was so emotional when DM won!

Pls can we not hide SH and JM's relationship any longer ughhh. It's really dreadful and painful to watch. I just want to shout at them. Hopefully they tell the other girl in the next episode since she was there to witness them.

Oh, I just want to give Aera and DongMan a hug.

But it's okay, they will hug and comfort each other.

I loved that DongMan's opponent was that butthead who works at the same gym. (Loved Aera punching him in the face before.)

Love that Coach is scared shiz-less of Aera.

Love that TakSu was there. (TakSu, you suck!)

Loved the final scene. OMG, all the feels!

" We never had any time. We woke up earlier than others. We went to bed later than others. Still, we never had any time. We lived harder than anyone. A CV that doesn't know anything - because it seemed like it pretended to know all of my time. I was angry, frusterated..." - Ae Ra

This quote was realistic and it was very relateable to the audience. The fact that this statement was true really is heartbreaking. People hire you because of your education, your extracurricular activities, volunteering, etc. They don't know anything about your life or how you ended up where you are now. They don't know anything. They judge you on a piece of paper. This scene + KJW's acting was heartbreaking and spot on. It really shows how brutal the industry is and that we just have to live on and keep going and make the best out of everything. How Moo Bin told Ae Ra, "Dong Man looked so happy even when he had nothing." Our grades, college, and money doesn't and shouldn't define who we are and are qualified to do. It's what we can do to make the best of our lives. This show is sending out a good message and I can't wait for upcoming episodes!

I'm really loving this drama.  It's really real and relatable.  All those inner dialogues that you would have when trying to figure out how to do something, whether to follow what you've seen in movies or drama etc.. I got those too!!! Such a dilemma.  :D

14 minutes ago, kyoto_rh said:

I'm really loving this drama.  It's really real and relatable.  All those inner dialogues that you would have when trying to figure out how to do something, whether to follow what you've seen in movies or drama etc.. I got those too!!! Such a dilemma.  :D

I love that it's heartbreaking but also so familiar! I was more touched in the last ep than I thought I'd be by DongMan's victory in his fight, too - his resolution before he went into the ring to just enjoy the moment was so incredible. It really indicated how deep his love for his sport runs, and how much he wants to regain the sense of dignity and pride he had before the crisis when he was younger and compromised for the sake of his sister. Just watching him walk with his back straight and head high after the fight was enough to make me tear up. And when he walked straight to AeRa...well, I just about melted into a puddle. 

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oh my gosh, I finally watched the raw, and the scene that I had translated is even funnier watching it in context. DM does dress up in the morning to try to look extra nice, and he sprays basically a Febreze knockoff that they call Seabreeze to make his clothes smell fresh, and then he uses it as a type of cologne as well. ROFLOL. 

At the breakfast table he was pushing his wrist toward Ae-ra so she would smell it. He was almost throwing his wrist in her direction, ha ha ha!

So many thoughts! Hope I can be coherent.

RE: MB's character
The reveal in Ep 7 makes sense to me now. His feigning ignorance act in that flashback scene in the car with Boram (Ep 7) was the same one he adopted in Ep 4. I was puzzled why in Ep 4 MB acted surprised that AR knew DM and that they were close. He was there at the parking lot and at the police station in Ep 2. Being a spectator to both scenes, he had to know then that DM and AR are super close friends who'd do almost anything to protect each other. 

Thinking back, the look MB had on his face in Ep 4 when he looked on as both AR and DM walked up the stairs together back home (but actually towards the rooftop) was very telling. He did not like seeing DM happy with his close friendship with AR and you can see him thinking hard how to break the friendship so that DM would end up miserable.

RE: AR's love life or unfortunately, lack of
I found it sad that she admitted that the start of her "relationship" with MB is similar to that with Moo Ki - ie she didn't quite like the latter at first but grew to like him more as the relationship progressed. Perhaps, as many of you said, this was a constant theme because she was deliberately suppressing her feelings for DM - in part to protect their friendship, in part the fear of rejection. Through the flashbacks, I think we can infer that this "like as more than a friend" was not a sudden one for AR.

RE: DM's "being nice to the uglier bunny"
Thank you @stroppysefor your thoughts on this. I'd like to think that this was just the beginning of DM giving AR more attention and looking out for her. I find DM adorable and such a warm, genuine character. But I'm not sure if he could've sustained being "nice to the uglier bunny" if there was no genuine affection and love driving his actions. While it may have started with that premise, but I believe through the years, he had come to know AR as a person and want to protect and care for her out of his own volition. After hearing AR's confession, it may give him the impetus to step up to the plate to be her life partner in more ways than just emotionally, ahem.
(Well, maybe future episodes would prove me otherwise...)

@stroppyse @deadorblack Thank you for your thoughts. I really enjoy reading your comments.

However .. I have been trying to figure out the action of little DM and the bunny thing since last night. It does not make sense to me that he chose to give more candies to uglier one (young AR). If so, it means that he has been taking care of AR out of pity or just pure friendship (sorry.. cannot think of the right wording to describe now) which is contrast to what it has been showing from earlier episodes. DM's action, to me, seems to go toward his fondness/like of AR. He, too, may suppress his feeling for her due to fear of loosing their friendship and/or fear of being rejected. 

What if the little DM just decided to give his candies to the one he likes rather than to the uglier one? What if he think AR is prettier since then but still decided to give her more candies?

Pali.. writer nim.. let me have the answer .. quick..quick. Why tomorrow is not Monday!? ... Wae???

oh my God, i love this episode. Altough the rating went down, but i really dont care. so many thing happened in this episode. And the ending..is soo makes flutter! i cant wait for the next episode, and when they will officialy dating, and how they manage their dating.. :wub:

Annyeong Yeorobun!

Unlurking and dropping by for a while :) 

After great episodes this week, I am sharing some translations to show my support and hopefully can cheer up everyone despite the not-so-deserving dip in rating. ENJOY~

ps: the Knetz comments reflect how I feel perfectly after live-streaming ep. 8 ^_^ and apologies for misinterpretations of some words...still learning keke

흥해라 쌈마이웨이!!!!! :grin:

박서준, 한 방에 K.O! 김지원에 "우는 것도 예뻐보이냐"
Park Seojoon, Single Hit K.O! To Kim Jiwon "You Look Pretty Even When Crying"

[Source: NAVER TV]

VIEWS: 424,192 (as of 6.14  13:27 KST)   LIKES: 4,419

TOP COMMENTS (Note: Highest ‘+’ as of today is ‘+7083’  for Epi. 6 MB kissing AR)

[+5004,-24] 경기 끝나자마자 성큼걸어와서 애라온지 확인하고..보자마자 쭈구려서 우는것도 예쁘다느니..예쁜말만 하네..왜 내가 기쁘냐
[+5004,-24] As soon as (DM) finished his match, he immediately approached to confirm that AR came..and as soon as he saw (her) he kneeled  and (said) you are pretty even when crying..what a beautiful (thing) to say...why I am (the one) feeling happy

[+4231,-17] 진짜 스킨십 하나없고 키스신없는데 말 하나로 저렇게 설레냐 난 잠 다 잤는데 큰일이네
[+4231,-17] Although there was no real skinship or kiss scene, with just a single sentence, I got flustered this much but I (need) to sleep, I’m in trouble 

[+3736,-22] 그래서 오늘부터 1일이라구요??애라 뒤에서 모자 푹눌러쓰고있어도 바로 알아보고ㅠㅠㅠㅠ동만이 멋잇어.....우는것도 이뻐보인대ㅜㅜ
[+3736,-22] So, from today it’s Day 1 (of them dating)?? Although AR was sitting at the back and pulling down her cap, he found her immediately *cries* DM looked cool…saying ‘you are pretty even when crying’ *cries*

[+3302,-14] 다른 것보다 저렇게 모자 푹 눌러쓰고 그때처럼 자기 다칠까봐 못 보면서 귀막고 오돌오돌 떨고 있는 게 애라라는 걸 단박에 알아챈게 왜 이렇게 설레냐.....둘만 모르는 연애중ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
[+3302,-14] (DM) being able to recognize AR who was pulling down her cap deep among the crowd (while) overlooking her own feeling at that time and covering her ears and shaking hard, immediately, why is it heart-fluttering like this….they are in love (but) only both of them do not know *cries*

[+2965,-19] 혜란이 지나치고 애라보면서 큰일났다 너 우는게 이뻐보여 이러는데 누가 안설레요❤ㅜㅜㅜ
[+2965,-19] Passing by HR and finding AR (saying) ‘I’m in trouble. You look pretty even when crying’ like that, who wouldn’t get heart-flutters❤ *cries*

[+2320,-14] 마지막..지렸다 숨이안쉬어진다❤❤❤
[+2320,-14] At the end..I was so nervous (that) I can’t breath❤❤❤

[+1956,-7] 아 미쳐ㅜㅜㅜ 빨리 사귀란 말이다!!
[+1956,-7] Ah it’s crazy *cries* (please) ask (her) to date (you) quickly!!

[+1684,-9] 거봐 내 이럴줄 알았어 너네둘 ><
[+1684,-9] Ah, I knew it.. you two ><

[+1622,-4] 진짜 너무 설렌다 흥해라 쌈마이웨이!!!!!
[+1622,-4] Really so heart-fluttering… do well ‘Ssam My Way’!!!!!

[+1446,-6] 그렇다면 이제 사귀는 일만 남은건가..
[+1446,-6] If that’s the case what’s left is for them to date..

[+1369,-4] 진짜 사랑하면 몸 다칠 수도 있는 경기를 담담하게 볼 수가 없지 않냐 웃는건 고사하고 말야 이 말 돌아다니다가봤는데 진짜 공감간다....
[+1369,-4] If you really love (someone) you could not watch calmly a match where (your loved one) potentially get hurt, let alone smiling [t/n: I believe this refers to HR]... I’ve heard this line (referring to DM’s words) a lot but it’s really heartwarming…

[+1088,-8] 애라가저렇게다가리고있는데도 찾아낸거ㅠㅠㅠ 똥마니뿐이야ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
[+1088,-8] Although AR (tried) to hide herself completely but (DM) can still find her *cries* Only DM (can) *cries*

[+1057,-2] 둘만 모르는 연애
[+1057,-2] They are lovers only they do not know

(Translated by me)

2 hours ago, tingth said:

@stroppyse @deadorblack Thank you for your thoughts. I really enjoy reading your comments.

However .. I have been trying to figure out the action of little DM and the bunny thing since last night. It does not make sense to me that he chose to give more candies to uglier one (young AR). If so, it means that he has been taking care of AR out of pity or just pure friendship (sorry.. cannot think of the right wording to describe now) which is contrast to what it has been showing from earlier episodes. DM's action, to me, seems to go toward his fondness/like of AR. He, too, may suppress his feeling for her due to fear of loosing their friendship and/or fear of being rejected. 

What if the little DM just decided to give his candies to the one he likes rather than to the uglier one? What if he think AR is prettier since then but still decided to give her more candies?

Pali.. writer nim.. let me have the answer .. quick..quick. Why tomorrow is not Monday!? ... Wae???

@tingth  I don't think it was piti I think it was friendship a friendship to protect to the end that became love that both supress those feelings until he realized just how she felt that he's been feeling all the time..

Archived