[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Negotiators 谈判官

sugarplum892

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hey @kismet22 *waves*

I dropped "Negotiators" after just 4-5 ep.(?) I found it really...boring. "Les Interpretes" was kind of crappy midway through but at least it was still watchable. With "Negotiators" I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't compel me enough for continued viewing. Tao comes across as a whiny crybaby in life anyway so him being this entitled & self-absorbed guy fits him perfectly. His personality grates on me in the long run and Yang Mi looks like his Aunt! 

I feel like they're an odd pairing, like at times it looks like Yang Mi's babysitting him LoL! I just think the drama is more a showcase for Tao's fans. 

I have watched the movie adaptation of 'You're My Sunshine'. I love both versions - movie & drama. Huang Xiao Ming brings a different portrayal of an obsessive but hurt hero. I love Wallace in the drama as well (ah choices LoL) Yang Mi look ridiculous in her pixie cut wig in earlier flashbacks! They definitely had better chemistry than her with Tao for sure. 

@angelangie , @thunderman1 Er--who's Kris?! I think you're confusing Tao with Kris LoL! Btw Kris is a slightly better actor than Tao:tongue: Idk like in "Star of April" the main female lead is in a love triangle with a older male & her much younger assistant. Somehow I felt more chemistry between her and the younger guy. So it's up to the actors I guess... Sadly Tao/Yang Mi are mismatched. 

oops my bad. I actually picked up the drama again.. I am out of options. :)

Hi Guys, thanks for your answers and opinions on the show.  Agreed, Yang Mi and Tao are a bit mismatched and I agree with @Latte_Anyday that Yang Mi does look a bit like his "older" noona/and a bit of an ahjumma thrown in the mix instead of his "girlfriend" and yes, like @TheVsays it might be the styling...  It's hard to ship this OTP especially with her continued coldness, pushing him away and overall superior attitude.  He might be a little on the immature side, but not as creepy as the "Dylan" character even though they do look better paired in style and character.

I haven't watched Memories of Love....and I have watched a bit of "Les Interpretes" but could never finish....it's been a long time since I have watched a good Chinese drama...guess there just isn't much out there right now that is interesting so just trying to make the best lemonade out of the lemons in my basket.

Please don't get me started on the Gu Man dramas...Now, that is what I'm thirsty for.  1) You are My Sunshine/Silent Separation 2) Boss & Me/Shan Shan Comes to Eat and of course 3) Love 020/A Slight Smile is Very Alluring...I wish Chinese TV would produce Blazing Sunlight which I hear tell is a mash up of You Are My Sunshine and Boss & Me meaning there is a love triangle with an account (heroine) and two hero's one like He Yichen and the other like Feng Teng.

When all is said and done, I really miss a great Chinese drama with solid characters and a wonderful love story.  

I would guess that Kris is in reference to Kris Wu? (cutie) I think he was in a movie with Yang Mi - "The Witness," a remake of the Korean film "Blind" with Yoo Seung-ho and Kim Ha-neul (also a great movie)

@thunderman1 and @angelangie thanks all for your thoughts.....I'm not sure if I will be able to hang in and watch this drama to the end because once it starts to get on my nerves.....so if you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.  Have a good week

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

@Latte_Anyday oh my bad hahahah yes i think i might have confuse the two of them :x sorry lols......yes it Tao

but still their visual wise dont match for me....i have to really sit thru the drama to judge lols....but at this moment im not really move to pick it up as yet

@TheV oh dont get it wrong i love Noona drama :) i'm a fan of them as like u say as long as they have the chemistry to pull it off.....just at this moment im not very tempted as yet...

Ah I see, I'm  biased as a Tao fan, but I think I can still honestly say they have chemistry, I was actually worried a bit before drama because in real life Tao and Yang Mi are close friends, they are like brother and sister, and that could either mess up with them portraying a romance or help them. In the end it turned out well, they are cute together. There are scenes where their chemistry just explodes, the heat is on,. but it's ok if you don't want to watch, not trying to convince you, just giving my opinion. 

I understood why Xie Xiaofei fell in love with Tong Wei, she's smart, witty and beautiful, and he felt she was different from other women and the fact that she believed in him when others didn't was a big factor, what I was more sceptical about was Tong Wei falling in love with him that fast, since she hadn't shown a lot of signs of attraction beforehand but after they were together it became more evident. She's fully aware of his faults but she see's the great potential, she sees the good in him, so she's giving him a shot, she's so controlled,  she's attracted to Xiao Fei's fiery character and she see's through him, he makes her laugh, I noticed that Tong Wei rarely laughs with friends and family, she mostly only giggles with Xiao Fei,  even if he infuriates her sometimes, she's also amused by his antics.

They work well together, she's cool and collected, and he's all fire and passion, they complement each other. I'm looking forward to see Xiao Fei's growth and change into a man truly deserving of someone of Tong Wei's calibre and Tong Wei letting go more and more.

The drama is not perfect and a bit cliché but it's engaging to me, all the supporting characters have their own subplot which I like, the Negotiation parts are actually interesting. I'm having fun watching.

Just a quick question for the group.  Wondering if I could get some clarification on Tong Wei's family relationship.  So, my understanding is that her parents died...Dad killed himself and her mother died soon after.  Is the Aunt the main relationship?  or the uncle?  Did they just move into Tong Wei's parents home - as in took over?  Is the house/home belong to Tong Wei and her aunt's family is just now entrenched as if it's there home?  So, in principle could Tong Wei tell them to move out?  I find them irritating and grasping.  Not of clarity through subs so wonder if it's more clear in the episode through the language, culture and norms....thanks

@TheV It's glaringly obvious that you're a fan of Tao's & that's fine. To each their own. I admit I'm biased toward Kris:tongue: You have a point with the styling though, Yang Mi's hair for one. Tao's hair too:rolleyes: while I agree there is a rapport between them both, they still don't do it for me. 

Although your post might convince me to reconsider LoL. 

@thunderman1 now that you've rewatch is it better the second time around?:D

12 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@TheV It's glaringly obvious that you're a fan of Tao's & that's fine. To each their own. I admit I'm biased toward Kris:tongue: You have a point with the styling though, Yang Mi's hair for one. Tao's hair too:rolleyes: while I agree there is a rapport between them both, they still don't do it for me. 

Although your post might convince me to reconsider LoL. 

@thunderman1 now that you've rewatch is it better the second time around?:D

Yes it was also obvious to me that you are biased against Tao and a Kris fan.

I tried to give a more factual point of view regarding Tao's talents and the drama, I know not everyone has the same taste and it's ok.:)

started watching this online recently... i watched the recent episode on CROTON MEGAHIT Official but for some recent, they have been putting their video private again, is it just me or they put the recent episode 41 private

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Negotiators 谈判官
  • 1 year later...

I’m coming in late in the game...hehehe. I just started watching the drama not long ago. 

The first time TW confessed her love to XXF was at his hotel room when he threatened to abandon the project to return to US. I rem almost falling off the chair when she cried out “I like you” as he was about to leave the hotel room. Where did that come from?? She likes him? Like since when?? Honestly I didn’t see it coming at all. 

I guess I find XXF is like this annoying little twit and spoilt brat almost menacing at times that no older and more mature woman will ever fall for. That’s why when the other lady professed her love to him, I was 100% sure she was pulling his leg or scamming him. 

But she wasn’t!! Wth?! It’s so nonsensical that these power house matured, highly intelligent, worldly wise, strong and sensible ladies will fall for an annoying, childish and ego inflated twit like XXF! Esp the other lady coz XXF has been nothing but Super mean to her. 

I know the drama justifies the unbelievable phenomenon with XXF’s dreams and aspirations, his kindness and intelligence but these traits are not very often portrayed and is secondary to his character. I can totally imagine it if little girls like TW’s cousin or the young female negotiator or the young lady lawyer would fall head over heels in love with XXF but definitely not the older ladies. 

Be that as it may, I think HZT is an excellent actor and portrayed XXF’s character really well. He can make such an annoying character quite likeable at times which is not easy. YM too plays her part as a cool level headed intelligent and matured career woman extremely convincingly. So I think the problem is with the storyline really. If I were to extremify the problem to better explain my point, imagine a love story between a young teenager and a 70 year old grandma. No matter how well the actors (portraying these 2) act they will not be able to convince the audience that they love each other. Get my point?

Oopsie. Pardon the big font. Don’t know what happened three. 

• 2 months later...

WOW, why is this thread so unpopular?! Wow or is it me? Lmao, I feel like every modern drama I like and want to leave a comment... there is so less people talking about lol. Ok so, here again I come after done watching! I started watching this on Monday and right now I’m just done watching the last episode. I loved this from the beginning to the end, I cried a lot tho. It doesn’t matter the age difference between Yang Mi and Huang Zi Tao really, I loved them in the drama and I can’t believe Yang Mi really matches w/ every man kinda looooool seriously. Anyways, TAO is really my crush, I came after brightest star and watching this I kinda can see similarities between the two characters he was playing haha. I just saw in one of the comments here, someone talked about his hairstyle lol, hell he’s sooooo handsome and I loved his style and hairstyle UNTIL he became poor lol. ANYWAYS, finishing it that fast, I can really say I loved it. Oh alsooooo, i just can’t stand that ZHAO CHENG XI looooool, her face is NO, the way she talks... NO. DEF A NO. EVEN THO she’s not that bad but still. 

Archived