[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I simply can't. I keep wathcing eps all over again and againg. 

But have I missed smth? I thought that everything has got clear in ep8 regarding King and Queen....Why knetz are still arguing about it?

(Spoilers!!!) Netizens conflicted over who the reincarnations of the king and queen are on Goblin

1481292702.gif

4.gif

5.gif

Yoo Inna is the king.
Lee Dongwook is holding his heart on his left side, like it hurts and it's piercing him.
In the past, Kim Sohyun was shot there with an arrow.
They emphasize the chemistry between Gong Yoo and Lee Dongwook.
I bet it's because they were siblings in the past.

Today Humor: My prediction on the reincarnation, (daebak spoilers!)

- This is what I've been thinking

- But in the casting article, Lee Dongwook was the king and Yoo Inna is the queen though

- If you look at their personalities, it seems like it.  Yoo Inna is more chic and strong while the grim reaper is more light hearted...
> But Kim Sohyun in the past was strong, even in the face of death...

- The grim reaper has to have committed a great sin.
My thoughts are that the past Kim Sohyun must have known she was pregnant.
But for the sake of her brother Gong Yoo, she chose death.
The grandmother would think that there's no sin greater than that.
Therefore, Kim Sohyun was reborn as a grim reaper because of abortion.

- Yoo Inna keeps saying "I'll kill you", was it because she was the king?? Hul
> "Sit here. Before I kill you.." Hul.

- No Gong Yoo is the king.  His memories are mixed up.  When the sword gets drawn later, it'll come back to him.  Then the king's face will turn into Gong Yoo's.  Something like that.
> The female lead is the general.  The king faced a great sin, so the general picks the sword out and forgives him.

- Well, I'm just going to take the easy route and say... Lee Dongwook is the king and the queen is Yoo Inna.
> Shh

- Yoo Inna's name is Kim Sun and Gong Yoo is Kim Shin, they're siblings by just looking at that

- Let's not make it so complicated~ Lee Dongwook is the king and Yoo Inna is the queen.

http://inkigeul.blogspot.com.eg/2016/12/spoilers-netizens-conflicted-over-who.html

• Like 14

Lol. It's so fun. :w00t: Why GR's actually quite simpe style is getting so much attention? :crazy:  Almost 1 mln views :blink:

The reason it took the Goblin's grim reaper 300 years to buy a house

He was busy buying nice clothes and shoes...

IMG_20161220_040144.jpgIMG_20161220_040128.jpgIMG_20161220_040124.jpgIMG_20161220_040148.jpgIMG_20161220_040136.jpg1.jpgIMG_20161220_040152.jpgIMG_20161220_040133.jpg

Jjukbbang: [Goblin] The reason it took the Goblin's grim reaper 300 years to buy a house
Views: 878,004

- Dang his house slippers are Birks ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- He carries the clothes so well

- Seriously any clothes that Lee Dongwook wears looks nice.  I want all of his clothes though I love the style

- The clothes are actually not that expensive, it's actually more plain than what "poor" female leads in other dramas wear ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- Lee Dongwook is so cool but the stylist is too.  The clothes he wears are all pretty

- I've seen Lee Dongwook in real life.
He looks way past 180 cm and his face size might just be as small as a kid's
I'm only 150 cm... his visual and proportions are too good...

- Stylist-nim we love you

- I actually thought they'd be more expensive.  He pulls them off well

- I think I can buy some of these if I save up my pay...! Yes!

- He gets more handsome the more I see him

- Lee Dongwook looks better than the models wearing it

- I wonder where he got the hat

• Like 24

Hiyaaa folks! Happy Christmas for those who celebrate the day^^ God speed!

Okay, i'm just finished watching both episodes, and i kinda like "ahhh~ i'm guessing it right." as in Reaper and Sunny are the reincarnation of The King and The Lady. But i'm quite shocked that The Lady (KSH) was KS's sister not his lover.. 

And then, please somebody tell me, the red-suited lady is playing as God?? i don't understand... :frown:

She said that ET n KS aren't meant to be together, because KS created ET's fate not to be his lover but to be the one who will end his curse. It's like KS's real curse is LOVE (either to love or to be loved). What kind of sin he's done in his past life to deserve that kind of curse?? I think i need to re-watch from the beginning. i'm confused, really... :dizzy:

39 minutes ago, annnchan said:

Hi everyone...This is my very first post here after become silent reader 

I'm not sure whether anyone already mention this before, I just realize something after re-re-re-rewatching ep 7 and 8. I think the sword handle is different. In the beginning ep 7 (when ET failed grabbing) the sword handle look clean. But in the end ep 7 (when KS feel pain and ET finally grab it) the sword handle was wrapped with bloody bandage. Do you think there's another meaning about that?

OMO, never noticed about this.. i SERIOUSLY need to re-watch form the beginning. And, welcome to the threat btw :)

But as i remember the sword handle is quite messy with bloody bandage since the beginning. But, again, maybe i'm wrong because i always kinda miss small details like this, aaaarrrrgh!!! 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:
META
Beans of Wisdom: Choose your ending
by DB Staff | December 25, 2016 | 5 Comments

Sylvia helpfully lists the possible endings for Goblin in “The Lonely Shining Goblin: Episode 5” comment #7.1.4:

1. Bittersweet ending: he dies, but leaves her enough emotional and material substance to live out a good life. She does well and eventually finds peace. His spirit is there to greet her in the tearoom when she dies at a ripe old age.

me: Don't want it!!

2. Happily Ever After: they find a way around the curse; writer pulls a deus ex machine and have Divinity (Lee El?) decide to change the rules … because, duh, Divinity makes up the rules in the first place. We want OTP to be happy, OTP wants to be happy, and the true Divinity (writer KES) wants OTP happy. So happy ending we get.

me: pretty pleaaaaaaaaaaase!! 

3. Early hallyu melo ending: almost everyone dies. Reaper finds out he was the silly king; out of guilt he jumps off cliff. Goblin dies when the sword is removed. Eun Tak gets the dreaded cancer because her fate was terminal in the first place. Sunny moves to Australia and opens a new chicken shop.

me: NOOOOO!! 

4. The narrative loophole ending: OTP is technically separated, but through some kind of narrative loophole or just plain re-framing, they are shown together in a different lifetime or dimension, proving they are Fated To Be No Matter the Time and Place.

me: don't like it!!

5. The open ending: closes on an artistic MV-like sequence showing some ambiguous scenes or scenarios, so viewers can decide themselves what happened, and narrative is open for sequal season 2.

me: NO OPPEN ENDING!!

Of these I guess I prefer option 2? but 1 is ok too. Options 4 & 5 would make me flip tables, while 3 would just be amusing.
But truly, deep inside I want KES to do better this time and surprise us with none of the above.

@sakura2016 call me shallow or not artistic whatever, i am still the tradition one, i want above all a Happy Ending! just like i was so so so crazy during W-2-worlds, i can only accept Happy Ending here for the 2 couples, for both KS and ET, and WS and Sunny.

isn't 939 years enough punishment for 9 life-span of sufferings (if one life-span spin 100 years? let the final 39 years will be redemption for KS to love his bride.)

i reject ANOTHER CHARACTER OR TIME-FRAME...
i cannot accept ET and KS, and Sunny and WS borne in another life as a diff person, or after KS died, ET met another character acted by GONGYOO as a doppelganger, a real mortal person but not KS at all... no, Goblin is not just about Gongyoo the Actor or Lee DW the actor, its about their character which both created so much live into, its almost like , Kim Shin and Wang Yao anytime can walked out your laptop like KangChul... that kind of real, until you forget it is Gongyoo acting or Lee Dongwook acting when you stared at KS and WS bickering... no doppleganger as another characters after KS or WS died.. i forbid!

OPEN ENDING.
REMEMBER war of the Son has open ending, and i really cried 13 times over 13 re watching. no no ! Open ending is almost like sad ending. what the use?!!! 

SEASON 2?
I NEVER BELEIVE IN SEASON 2, BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME, SEASON2 NEVER BRING BACK THE SAME CASTS. I WILL CURSE AND SEND FIRE AND BRIMSTONE IF GOBLIN OR REAPER IS ACTED BY ANOTHER HUNK IN GOBLIN2.

CONCLUSION: adding eps?

ONLY HAPPY ENDING CAN MARK KIM EUNSOOK'S GOBLIN AS ANOTHER HISTORY MAKING DRAMA, OR EVEN AS HER NEW SIGNATURE DRAMA. And its the only drama that worthy of bringing back GONGYOO with a bang! while i am all in for adding eps, but i think i will be contended if they jsut give me Happy ending for ET/KS and Sunny/ WS...

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@sakura2016 call me shallow or not artistic whatever, i am still the tradition one, i want above all a Happy Ending! just like i was so so so crazy during W-2-worlds, i can only accept Happy Ending here for the 2 couples, for both KS and ET, and WS and Sunny.

isn't 939 years enough punishment for 9 life-span of sufferings (if one life-span spin 100 years? let the final 39 years will be redemption for KS to love his bride.)

i cannot accept ET and KS, and Sunny and WS borne in another life as a diff person, or after KS died, ET met another character acted by GONGYOO as a doppelganger, a real mortal person but not KS at all... no, Goblin is not just about Gongyoo the Actor or Lee DW the actor, its about their character which both created so much live into, its almost like , Kim Shin and Wang Yao anytime can walked out your laptop like KangChul... that kind of real, until you forget it is Gongyoo acting or Lee Dongwook acting when you stared at KS and WS bickering... no doppleganger as another characters after KS or WS died.. i forbid!

OPEN ENDING.
REMEMBER war of the Son has open ending, and i really cried 13 times over 13 re watching. no no ! Open ending is almost like sad ending. what the use?!!! 

SEASON 2?
I NEVER BELEIVE IN SEASON 2, BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME, SEASON2 NEVER BRING BACK THE SAME CASTS. I WILL CURSE AND SEND FIRE AND BRIMSTONE IF GOBLIN OR REAPER IS ACTED BY ANOTHER HUNK IN GOBLIN2.

ONLY HAPPY ENDING CAN MARK KIM EUNSOOK'S GOBLIN AS ANOTHER HISTORY MAKING DRAMA, OR EVEN AS HER NEW SIGNATURE DRAMA. And its the only drama that worthy of bringing back GONGYOO with a bang! while i am all in for adding eps, but i think i will be contended if they jsut give me Happy ending for ET/KS and Sunny/ WS...

agre with you chingu in all you sad!! I can't/won't take a sad ending!! we and they (Kim Shin, Queen-Sunny and Wang Yeo) had a sad ending 900 years ago and Eun Tak live in pain for 10 years so having a sad ending (again) when they finally had a (2nd) chance to have a happy ending would be too cruel!! no oppen ending, I want to see them happy before my eyes not in my imagination!! I don't even want another reincarnation because I want them as them without going through death again!! and I know we won't havee a 2nd season so I won't even think about it!! 

• Like 6

not sure if this was already asked (sorry! I tried to backread as much as I could but still manage to miss a few pages :sweatingbullets:)
but was Kim Shin pretending to be bad at baseball so Tae Hee could have his wish granted? just curious because he seemed to play well after Tae Hee left to go home and I know Kim Shin likes to help children from time to time.

• Like 7

Some Thoughts 

KES introduces new concepts each time the Goblin or the Lady in Red deity helped out mortals. There are no wasted scenes in every episode.

For instance, the idea of co-guardianship between the father who was about to commit suicide and his daughter. Kim Shin said he didn't do anything much, he just gave the guy a sandwich, it was his daughter who actually saved him. So what if KS and ET were each other's co-guardian? 

We saw the deity safely driving the little girl to where her father lived and there was even a time when she helped out a kid in respiratory distress at the hospital. This deity is essentially kind and compassionate. She calls everyone her children, her creations. She watches over them and in her last convo with KS, she referred to them both as her creations. Okay, when it all played out it seemed like she was threatening their current state of happiness, but maybe her intentions were to nudge them along on a better path?

It's just intriguing to note, (for purposes of brevity can I just call the Lady in Red deity as Red deity?) RD didn't mention anything about the inappropriateness of their being together or of them being in some kind of relationship. She just stated, wasn't ending his immortality his fervent wish? And ET's main purpose for existence was to pull his sword out, if he continued to play god (That's the implication of his decision to stay alive a century longer right? To create a loophole from the master plan?), he will eventually lose her. I still stand by my belief that our cabbage gifter, artifact hoarding RD is basically one of the good guys.

• Like 13

I rewatched all 8 eps with my brother last night (he's back home for xmas-new year holiday) and he loves this drama...  i am so happy!!!!

LOL he tried to watch this drama bc of Kim So Hyun (he's 19) and i super recommended this drama to him....

Let's spread the goblin's loooove.... 

3 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

i cannot accept ET and KS, and Sunny and WS borne in another life as a diff person, or after KS died, ET met another character acted by GONGYOO as a doppelganger, a real mortal person but not KS at all... no, Goblin is not just about Gongyoo the Actor or Lee DW the actor, its about their character which both created so much live into, its almost like , Kim Shin and Wang Yao anytime can walked out your laptop like KangChul... that kind of real, until you forget it is Gongyoo acting or Lee Dongwook acting when you stared at KS and WS bickering... no doppelganger as another characters after KS or WS died.. i forbid!

OPEN ENDING.

SEASON 2?

Love your post!!!! omg i just love you this morning when i read this... 

one reason i need a happy ending because i want to rewatch this drama numerous times... (just like my most fav drama all the time "Secret Garden", i joined soompi bc of it in 2010)

@maryofbethany like you were reading my thoughts... couldn't agree more... virtual kisses to you!!!

For this drama:

1.  pleaseee.... NO SAD ENDING!!!!  BIG NO NO NO.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! If The Deity truly loves us, they wont give us BAD/SAD Ending ever.....

2. 2nd Season?  NO MORE FALSE HOPE PLEASEEEEEE..... I've been suffering enough with MSLHR!!! 

3. Open ending seems better than sad ending, BUT it will give me super unsatisfied feeling... 

4. No no no !!! I reject another character/time-frame too.... WHY? Kim Sun-Wang Yeo already dead and reborn  HAH!!! no need another reincarnation... 

5.  HAPPY ENDING IT IS!!!!  :wub:

- I revise my previos GIF... GR will call KS "HYUNG" LOL....  

ahhhh probably we will miss her smiles for a while....

vlcsnap_2016_12_26_09h52m27s767_horz.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, azuri said:

@selenette Sorry to cut your post though. 

Thank you very much for sharing this information. So it was his way of showing that he still thinks and mourns their death. Our KS is indeed a softie. Haha. 

@azuri  Yes he is a big softie. He wouldn't write Wang Yeo's name side by side with his sister if he REALLY, really hated the king without an ounce of pity and grief... I hope he could reconcile with the king and his sister, so the three broken souls would find relief.

I think since the color white also epitomizes purity and innocence, the white lantern also signifies Kim Shin's sadness in the two young people's loss of youthful innocence in the midst of political schemes, feud, and groundless jealousy.

@bebebisous33  I miss your insights, Ssaem. What do you think of this post (mine)?

Edited by selenette
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

@enigmatic_zephy actually I have noticed this scene with picpocket guy as well. Something really strange in those lines junior GR said. Idk about the 1 month period. I haven't heard it. But KS has forseen that guys death. Maybe this death has been called by GR's thouch. I have tried to remember all scenes where GR could touch someone and I remembered scene in ep 7 when KS saves GR from jail. Then DH comes and they're talking about business card. Then GR pushes a bit DH by his shoulder and leaves. So he has touched him by his shoulder. If the theory that GR's touch may bring death is right, then with DH it's richard simmons up of production. But I feel that it may be something else which prevents GR of touching others, not only the fact that he sees previous life.

but even if he it's the only reason, if he will kiss Sunny (or simply touches) he will see her previous life as a Queeen and here the rea;l angst and tragedy for their couple will begin. So no happy scenes for them are forseen...at all. 

I am not saying it will bring death for sure.. but something bad.. anything..

DH like ET has goblin at their beck and call to save them from anything going wrong :)

Don't want cutie to get hurt

(can't eblieve when everyone was raving abt in school 2015.. i didn't find him cute.. and here..i totally love this mischievious side of him)

• Like 6