[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, winterdew said:

That's a great explanation! The part on him not being able to live among humans is a good point. It's like living but not really living--and that's indeed a punishment. Kim Shin has his own fair share of problems and is dealing with the eternal pain of the sword impaled in his heart, but at least, in the aspect of not knowing, not remembering, and not having an identity, I think Wang Yeo has it worse. Also, with regards to @valski's question on whether it's his punishment to not remember his past, I think it's both a punishment as well as a relief of sorts. It was mentioned in episode 8 that perhaps their memory is erased so they won't be tormented by it, and they can repent while they carry out their reaper duties for eternity. Also, the hearsay about the reaper who recognised his wife from his past life and escaped with her... could that be a foreshadowing of what WY might do? But it was said that the reaper and his wife were mostly likely caught... if WY tries to do the same, he won't be getting away scot-free either @gamshe

@winterdew @bebebisous33  bebebisous33 is right to say that " It is a punishement to bring death to people. ' why. because when he met all these people that has passed, the just ones, like that high school girl who asked ET to fill up her fridge for mom. they left halfway, unprepared, parting means living someone dear behind, memories lost of the dear ones, is not really punishment, but some thing incomplete, its like a precious part of yourself, u needs to surrender, however you loved someone, you facing the possiblitiy of forgetting those u left behind, you face erasing the fond memories of your loved ones, that you left behind without saying proper goodbye. erasing those good cherish memories are tortuous.. not exactly wrath or punishment. but totally not a 'blessing' to leave without doing more for your loved ones, and remember them. 

for the bad villains, losing their memories of their past lives, are indeed actually a blessing, a relief, since they will be forgetting how bad they were, how much they hurt people. what is worst, been a Grim Reaper that witnessed this crossroad in people life, seeing some are 'forced; to drink the tea of lost memories, drink with deep remorse and regret of not able to remember the most dear ones. he keep witnessing such events, how crap is such a life. i am not a fan of Lee Dong Wook,, nor do i fangirl after WangYeo (aka Reaper)...
but i should, say, the ability to remember nice memories (and bad memories) or your past is been erased, sometimes is worst than death itself.

ask yourself, what is worst than death.... last time, i used to think nothing is worst than death. No. there are always something worse punishment than death. Loosing memories, and on the brink of losing the memories of your dear ones, is excruciating pain, witnessing someone you loved lost memories of you, is worst than death. lost memories, then suddenly remember them, is worse than death.

what WS went thru is like Alzheimer's, he might not remember the events, the names, the faces, but the contact of a face may generate the same strong feels of pain, strange familiar pain. Alzheimer's patient don't remember people and events, but they remember the feels certain key people in their life gave them once. WS will be devastated, when one day, he suddenly remember the whole saga of how he killed his own wife (queen), and worked toward the death of his most trusted General.

memories; forgetting them.
is worse than death sometimes.

• Like 12

woahhh.. i really like the reasoning as why they speculate dok hwa is also not a human.. i've been thinking the same for quite sometime but i don't know how to put it into words... and you guys analyses just gave me goosebumps.. over and over again.. i read every single words written here... up to the point that i have nothing left to write... anyway.. keep it coming guys.. i'll read it.. even if i have to re-visit my optometrist and increase my eyeglasses power... :astonished:

• Like 14

2 hours ago, mojobobo said:

I'm fully convinced that there is a loophole somewhere in the theory of either Shin dying or Eun Tak dying. Something hasnt been told to us perhaps.

Samshin Halmoni's argument that if Eun Tak doesnt pull the sword she loses her exstence for living and will die does not make sense. In fact, once Eun Tak pulls the sword, there would be no reason for her existence anymore since she has fulfilled her duty. In my opinion she is more likely to be safe not pulling the sword, since the potentiality of her pulling the sword, and therefore the reason for her existence, remains. 

Maybe it is a test of how much they love each other, whether they would be willing to lay their lives down for each other. If they are they pass the test and are allowed to be together? 

I think shin asked the most important question of what it means to return to dust. And what is returning to dust. Him? The sword? His memories? 

Can't wait for the new eps!

Sometimes I'm thinking about it too..maybe it's really a test between them on how deep is their love,and how willing are they to sacrifice..hopefully there will be some twist to the story and halmoni are just testing them...can't wait to watch the upcoming episode too.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mojobobo said:

I'm fully convinced that there is a loophole somewhere in the theory of either Shin dying or Eun Tak dying. Something hasnt been told to us perhaps.

Samshin Halmoni's argument that if Eun Tak doesnt pull the sword she loses her existence for living and will die does not make sense. In fact, once Eun Tak pulls the sword, there would be no reason for her existence anymore since she has fulfilled her duty. In my opinion she is more likely to be safe not pulling the sword, since the potentiality of her pulling the sword, and therefore the reason for her existence, remains. 

Maybe it is a test of how much they love each other, whether they would be willing to lay their lives down for each other. If they are they pass the test and are allowed to be together? 

I think shin asked the most important question of what it means to return to dust. And what is returning to dust. Him? The sword? His memories? 

Can't wait for the new eps!

That's exactly what I have been thinking. Once she removes the sword, she loses her purpose in life that's why she could die... if her life was supposed to have this only purpose in life. 

When God mentioned to him that he will turn to "nothing" or "dust" and become at peace, I was wondering if nothing or dust means mortal or not dead. When people die, it is mentioned that they turn into ashes, but as god, he can't turn into ashes and nothing. A human existence could be see as nothing special and once he loses his power, he becomes human and accepts that he is nothing special.

Remember that he hold a grudge against god for being indifferent. He likes playing god and saving lives or changing destinies. The more he acts like that, the more he challenges God, However, if he is a god, he can't be loved like a human. So the bride is here to make him to give up his immortality and accept God's judgement. But I believe, even the goddess of fertility who felt sorry for KS' curse had to remind him that his immortality is connected to love. He has to choose between love or immortality. It is the same for Eun Tak. She is tested: is her love for him so strong that she is ready to give up her life for him or not? Her purpose is to love KS but as a human... not for his powers or his wealth. She wants a family....

• Like 16

I am putting both hands and feet in the air for him becoming mortal!! 

I suppose since it's a drama, it would be too easy for him to be told by Samshin halmoni that he would become mortal if the sword is removed. I am sure that he wouldn't even blink at giving up immortality. 

However, by throwing in the possibility that Eun Tak will die if she doesn't pull out the sword (and I do echo the trickiness of that statement whereby she would have served her purpose once the sword is pulled - so is she still allowed to live since she is a missing soul?), Dokkaebi has to make the decision to go through becoming ashes. 

From the snippets of fan cams so far, I have a feeling that Eun Tak disappeared and ended up working at a ski resort. It will be interesting how Dokkaebi finds his bride again then. 

• Like 14

It seems like reading Thesis about Deokkabi for real. All the analysis are JJANG. Sometimes I feel that Deok Hwa is indigo person because he's too smart as a human being. But sometimes I doubt him of being supernatural because he cant see GR when GR is in duty

• Like 12

1 hour ago, NRGchick said:

I am putting both hands and feet in the air for him becoming mortal!! 

I suppose since it's a drama, it would be too easy for him to be told by Samshin halmoni that he would become mortal if the sword is removed. I am sure that he wouldn't even blink at giving up immortality. 

However, by throwing in the possibility that Eun Tak will die if she doesn't pull out the sword (and I do echo the trickiness of that statement whereby she would have served her purpose once the sword is pulled - so is she still allowed to live since she is a missing soul?), Dokkaebi has to make the decision to go through becoming ashes. 

From the snippets of fan cams so far, I have a feeling that Eun Tak disappeared and ended up working at a ski resort. It will be interesting how Dokkaebi finds his bride again then. 

Like many here, I am greatly suspicious of the line "return to ashes" too. Our Kim Shin is currently not made of human flesh. He's a divine being whose powers have been derived from the resentment, pain and betrayal that are lodged in his heart. I reckon that, after the sword has been removed, his resentment, pain and betrayal will also be removed from his heart, his powers gone, and he will "return" to being a human being - his mortal life having been put on hold since 900 years ago.

As for Eun Tak, after she has served her 'purpose', we could wonder if she is still allowed to live. Perhaps she will be allowed to live for the next ten years, but as our Grim Reaper has mentioned, the gods have a way to set things right and maintain balance in the world. Eun Tak has faced our Grim Reaper at 9, and then later at 19; she will then again meet another Grim Reaper at 29 - it may not necessarily be our kind-hearted Grim Reaper any more. I have a feeling that the plot may move forward 10 years from now and culminate in an ultimate rebellion against divine powers in order to save Eun Tak and to have everyone live happily ever after. Our Writer-nim has not wasted a single scene or a single word - I reckon that she may create another impactful scene of Eun Tak at 29.

:] Our Goblin will always be able to find his Eun Tak. When he does, there will always be romantic music, like the time he finds her singing in a wedding hall. :wub: Only this time, they will have the added effect of falling snow. :wub: Looking forward to the next episode!

Btw, to everyone here, it has been confirmed that we will get Episode 9 this week. Do we know if we are going to get an Episode 10 too?

• Like 11

Still failed to upload picture in here...I still try to upload..May be my line just slow in here:sweatingbullets:

My opinion about Deok Hwa is human.He already see all strange when he is 6 years old.May be ancestor to keep and care goblin for long time Deok Hwa have special ability read mind based he read the diary Kim shin...

I love how Deok Hwa always call uncle Kim Shin especially when KWB want to do something.Then he cry and keep the secret make he is responsibility.:wub:

• Like 6

Omg preview for ep 9... 

So she did run and hide herself. 

Plus the fancam /fan pictures did show she ran to the ski resort.

Yet, he found her... (Our KS is getting good at tracking ET even without ET summoning him) 

And from the preview she doesn't want him to find her... 

The FEELS... Be prepared for a roller coaster ride of emotions people... It's coming... :tears:

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, margaces said:

https://youtu.be/uaHHZEsQ7IA

ep. 9 preview...

Omg...Is that picture we see today?Live shooting:sweatingbullets:

Cast and all production please be healthy.:wub:

3 minutes ago, hairuchii said:

Like many here, I am greatly suspicious of the line "return to ashes" too. Our Kim Shin is currently not made of human flesh. He's a divine being whose powers have been derived from the resentment, pain and betrayal that are lodged in his heart. I reckon that, after the sword has been removed, his resentment, pain and betrayal will also be removed from his heart, his powers gone, and he will "return" to being a human being - his mortal life having been put on hold since 900 years ago.

As for Eun Tak, after she has served her 'purpose', we could wonder if she is still allowed to live. Perhaps she will be allowed to live for the next ten years, but as our Grim Reaper has mentioned, the gods have a way to set things right and maintain balance in the world. Eun Tak has faced our Grim Reaper at 9, and then later at 19; she will then again meet another Grim Reaper at 29 - it may not necessarily be our kind-hearted Grim Reaper any more. I have a feeling that the plot may move forward 10 years from now, before culminating in an ultimate rebellion of the divine powers in order to save Eun Tak and to have everyone live happily ever after. Our Writer-nim has not wasted a single scene or a single word - I reckon that she may create another impactful scene of Eun Tak at 29.

:] Our Goblin will always be able to find his Eun Tak. When he does, there will always be romantic music, like the time he finds her singing in a wedding hall. :wub: Only this time, they will have the added effect of falling snow. :wub: Looking forward to the next episode!

Btw, to everyone here, it has been confirmed that we will get Episode 9 this week. Do we know if we are going to get an Episode 10 too?

Its confirmed episode 10 will be airing this week.I just put other pages..:wub:

• Like 9

Wow! ALL that waiting for this 'depressing and emotionally charged' preview?!! Please let there be more 'fun and romance' writer-nim... but I actually want the angst to come fast so it's done fast hahaha, sorry guys I'm weird like that :) 

Also the live shooting though! You people are doing a great job with the filming and editing :thumbsup: 

• Like 12

Ah the reason why they didn't showed the preview at the end of episode 8 because they have not yet finished the filming. So happy that we get 2 episodes of Goblin this week. And perhaps they will add 2 more episodes since there's still a one week gap to the next scheduled drama. Anyway, somehow goblin in this cover legit has that Edward Cullen's vibe. Lol.

EDIT : DID EUNTAK JUST WHISPERED "I LOVE YOU" Oh myy.... :(:(:(

• Like 24