[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

45 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I have a question. How come the granny doesn't know that her renter is a grim reaper? When she said to her renter that it's funny how she started to dream of lots of grim reapers when she rented a place out to him and he looked so uneasy.

I BET she knows ... she is a god and loves to make them nervous

GR KWB saw her on ETs 9th b-day, but as she was in the Granny-form he might not recognize her in her young form, probably deliberate from her side ... or else he would have recognized her while buying the ring
the other GR rents a roof top, he always wanted and now he gets played by her ;)
Like a hobby ... some collect stamps, some sew clothe, she likes to fool the GR of the world ;) 

hahahaha

• Like 13

Am I the only one here that is okay with a sad ending? I know its extremely cruel and sadist and this is the first time ive hoped for a sad ending for a drama i watch and love so much. But I feel like this drama suits a sad ending better than a happy one.

And maybe the writer could write a scene that (is not part of the 16 eps of the show) shows the reincarnation of JET and KS both as ordinary humans and eventually end up together to satisfy the audience like 1 month after the show is done and be like "surprise viewers, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" 

• Like 8

I'm sorry to don't add credit because I scare that they can delete them again.
8. [+1,208, -14] He won't die when she pulls the sword, he will become an immortal and will eventually die like any other human. Deok Hwa said that Kim Shin owns their company so I'm guessing he's the CEO in the restaurant and the reason why he couldn't see himself in the future is because that is really him

The comment too logic!!

• Like 24

18 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

I'm sorry to don't add credit because I scare that they can delete them again.
8. [+1,208, -14] He won't die when she pulls the sword, he will become an immortal and will eventually die like any other human. Deok Hwa said that Kim Shin owns their company so I'm guessing he's the CEO in the restaurant and the reason why he couldn't see himself in the future is because that is really him

The comment too logic!!

but the lady in red surely she knows the consequence of pulling out the sword and it doesn't at all seem like a happy thing. Sorry to burst the bubble I want it as much;( It would be so cute them growing old tgt.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, TaenyT said:

Am I the only one here that is okay with a sad ending? I know its extremely cruel and sadist and this is the first time ive hoped for a sad ending for a drama i watch and love so much. But I feel like this drama suits a sad ending better than a happy one.

And maybe the writer could write a scene that (is not part of the 16 eps of the show) shows the reincarnation of JET and KS both as ordinary humans and eventually end up together to satisfy the audience like 1 month after the show is done and be like "surprise viewers, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" 

Im with you! I dont mind with sad ending or open ending. Extra episode would be great! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TaenyT said:

but the lady in red surely she knows the consequence of pulling out the sword and it doesn't at all seem like a happy thing. Sorry to burst the bubble I want it as much;( It would be so cute them growing old tgt.

If she would tell him, that his immortality ends, not his life all together, it would be way to easy a decision ... no sacrifies, no act of true love, not showing he actually cares and trust the higher being ... if he knows that it will just mean he ages and dies a normal course, it could be done asap ... but there must be a sacrifies to this task.
If his trust is true he will get a reward in living a normal live.
If he falters and turns he will have to live as long as he needs to learn that lesson and ET will die

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TaenyT said:

Can i ask for an explanation for the flashback scene between the young king and kim shin? Where the king gives kim shin his sword? I dont understand it at all.

In old times marriages were arranged ... you had not really a choise in whom to marry
I believe the young king (or maybe at that time crown prince) wanted a peek at his future bride; he disguised himself as a soldier and went to her home taking a peek and falling in love at first sight ... jippie
I don't really get the scene as well were the King presents KS with the sword. There must be more to come.
From what I see it is that he gives him the sword to fight thru Korea for his king, but as he feels jealous and threaten by KS the king also states, that he will not return within this life-time and rather die far far away

• Like 6

I busy shopping today:wub:

Then I go to body shop to look perfume goblin give to ET.:w00t:

Wow the smell is harum / wangi..I dont know word harum in english...smell is amazing..goblin have good taste...

but

He is stingy again.He take back this perfume from Et.The price of this perfume is 79 in my country..quiet expensive...

• Like 14

14 hours ago, selenette said:

@gutibear  Thank you so much for reading the name post! I'm glad you like it. :), and yes, @valzki, I think the names are going to be very popular :sweatingbullets:

RE. WANG YEO'S PAIN IN THE NAME-CALLIGRAPHY SCENE

@blademan  I believe it is related to the 黎 (yeo) part of his name, 王黎 (Wang Yeo). Of course these are purely speculations, but here we go

1.When Kim Shin only wrote 王 (wang)  "king",  the name hadn't referred to anyone specific. It was an entire clan name, it wasn't solely The Reaper's. No harm done yet at this point.

2. After the  (yeo) character was added, the name identified The Reaper specifically out of the many Wang clan's kings. Now the name could hurt him. 

3. Perhaps, in this drama's universe, Grim Reapers can feel pain when their past names are invoked... yet we still have 8 more episodes to go to find out.

4. The character 黎 (yeo) means "many people" (commoners, to be precise), "dark", and "black".

I wonder if Kim Shin thought of darkness and blackness (i.e. the King's cruelty) when he wrote it, along with his regrets for not settling things with the young king before the latter died.

Because Kim Shin is a powerful Goblin, his mixture of wrath and sorrow (as he wrote) sent pain to the Reaper's soul... hence the pain in his chest.

RE. THE WHITE LANTERN

@azuri    There is a lantern festival in Korea where people send lanterns to the sky, with their wishes handwritten on the lanterns. 

From watching Moonlight Drawn by The Clouds, I found that in the festival, we could also make a wish to meet someone whom we hadn't seen for a long time.

But the lanterns are usually colorful. Kim Shin's was white. Why was that?

The color white is associated with death and sadness in Korean culture. Outside, it symbolizes cleanliness, innocence, etc.

So why did Kim Shin release his white lantern to the sky? Imho it was his wish to meet those two again: Kim Sun and Wang Yeo. He also wished to settle whatever debts he had in failing to save Kim Sun, and (perhaps, although he wouldn't admit it)... to save Wang Yeo, too, from the path of cruelty.

The white lantern showed that yes, Kim Shin grieved for their deaths (in spite of what he said about resenting the King for 900 years, and despite the remaining grudge). He mourned the loss of these two young people, whose starcrossed love story was as sad as his own.

EDIT:

In addition, the color white showed how both Kim Sun and Wang Yeo lost their youthful innocence in the middle of political schemes, feud, and groundless jealousy. I think this saddens Kim Shin too. 

Thabk you so much for the infos. I was asking myself too what are the meanings of the white lantern and why GR felt pain when KS wrote his name :) luckily someones asked too :phew: those are such great infos.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, shynaz said:

I busy shopping today:wub:

Then I go to body shop to look perfume goblin give to ET.:w00t:

Wow the smell is harum / wangi..I dont know word harum in english...smell is amazing..goblin have good taste...

but

He is stingy again.He take back this perfume from Et.The price of this perfume is 79 in my country..quiet expensive...

I think the english word for it is nice scented or good smell? Cmiiw... hehe.. does the box have Gong Yoo pic on it? :w00t:  is it for 30ml bottle? 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, gamshe said:

I think it's because even though they can't remember, they still feel each other, like Reaper himself said. Since they feel each other, they feel that they loved each other...I think that's why they came to like each other without knowing much and spending much time together.

Ah, just got emotional. My beautiful sad otp :tears:

Is it like a kind of deja-vu? 

• Like 3