[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

6 minutes ago, autumna said:

Its been mentioned but the problem is Grim/Sunny meeting being cut, most people were looking forward to that so that's why there seems to be quite a few people complaining. If it was not shown in the preview would have been a different story.  

This happened to the other (few) kdramas I've watched before. They would show a clip or two in the preview but cut it and put it in the next episode. I guess it's because of the reduced time and maybe next episode, the focus will be on GR and Sunny interacting.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

the preview shows them on the buckweat field and after chatting her reaching to grab the sword ... did he decide to let her pull it before he won't want to leave?

I bet she can't pull it out.
Not because she is not worthy but because it's not time, yet
Maybe she can't even touch it ...

Agree... some people said that she cant see the sword but i think she can that's why she said that he's inhuman.

Still on ep 4, long way to go...

ET needs to fall in love with GB first right before she can pull out the sword?

maybe she will decide not to pull out that sword ever, but she isnt immortal...hmmm 

btw, what would GR do, his 2 missing souls due date are around new year right?

okay enough with speculations, i'm not the expert hahaha...  i'm going to watch this drama peacefully...

thank you everyone!!!

• Like 8

As I watched epi 3 yesterday night my iMac thought he would pull a prank at me and froze at the scene were Dh confronts KS about our GR ;)
was so funny ... silly me

This drama has me so far in each episode at least 3 times in a laughing fit

4 minutes ago, naritul said:

Agree... some people said that she cant see the sword but i think she can that's why she said that he's inhuman.

Still on ep 4, long way to go...

ET needs to fall in love with GB first right before she can pull out the sword?

maybe she will decide not to pull out that sword ever, but she isnt immortal...hmmm 

btw, what would GR do, his 2 missing souls due date are around new year right?

okay enough with speculations, i'm not the expert hahaha...  i'm going to watch this drama peacefully...

thank you everyone!!!

Who is the other soul?

• Like 6

Ah ... one more ...

I don't think Grim Reaper and Sunny are king and queen (unless their punishment is to switch gender), but then again that court lady who is now another Kim-Grim, the boys, DH and so on still look like their reincanations, or rather their former selves Sunny and GR aren't wound so far.
Also I think I read somewhere that GR is on duty since 300years, while KS is wandering the earth for 935ish years

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

As I watched epi 3 yesterday night my iMac thought he would pull a prank at me and froze at the scene were Dh confronts KS about our GR ;)

Who is the other soul?

hi chinguyaaa nice to meet u here!!!

GB and ET

he needs ET to pull out the sword, then GB die after that ET will be left unprotected and next ET will die too...

but they're friends now... another mystery to solve hehehe

@bebebisous33 already answered correctly... 

i like the writer-nim... I always love her dramas...

i hope nobody will die and get something like resurrection... 

Edited by naritul
add more and edit
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, moon_firefly said:

Sorry to cut your post. I'm mostly a lurker here and would just enjoy reading people's thoughts and theories as you guys are so great in it. This part actually got me confused when I watched yesterday's episode. At first I thought it was the queen who was wrapped and then I noticed that the evil eunuch looked older. If a considerable time had passed since KS's murder then why was the little servant kid still a kid? Or am I mistaken? This part I'm particularly confused.

Now I think KS can conjure a sword or weapon from anything near him (e.g. water, from this episode) and not necessarily the sword pierced through him.

I could be wrong since I don't understand Korean, but while watching tonight's episode, why do I have a feeling that ET can't really see the sword? Gosh another week to wait for new episodes. Can't wait for Friday and Saturday next week. 

Edit: If WY is indeed the King, did he not become a GR immediately? From what I gather, he started as a GR 300 or so years before. That makes 300 years gap between King's demise and becoming a GR. Do they go to some school or training? In this case it probably took 300 years for WY to become a GR.

Your questions have been answered by happypuppy. :)

34 minutes ago, happypuppy said:

goblin was awaken from the death years after he died -notice the servant who 'bury' him had black hair, but getting older and even got grandson when he visit the goblin's sword (the moment when he was awaken).

During that time, of course the king has gotten older and so has the evil eunuch. The king has about to have his funeral when goblin seek revenge (hence the word 'im too late')

And he burnt the palace and going back to his old servant. Alas that time the servant died too (he was pretty ill when goblin was awaken). And since the time leap is not that much, imo days, the kid servant not getting older either

Nice! it's like you pulled out my thought right into your words.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Who is the other soul?

Eun Tak's mother... when GR went to the hospital to take her, she had already left. That's why he visited her home where he met Eun Tak. To me, Ji Yeon Hee is the spirit who opened the door of the car and who took the bankbook, when her sister was about to go to the bank in order to take the money.

In my opinion, GB can't die because he would leave Eun Tak unprotected and we know that a new team of Grim Reaper has been created: team for missing souls!! So this team will be after Ji Yeon Hee and Eun Tak.

• Like 11

last post before I need some work to do.

question on my mind...Episode 3 goblin say he can possesed... I think we will possesion scene for next scene?

Then goblin are too strong.Now he just sad happy at home..He is good person actually.He have very strong superpower thats why he mention he can do anything to grim reaper.

Why I think we will can see that scene or moment for next episode?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, naritul said:

hi chinguyaaa nice to meet u here!!!

GB and ET

he needs ET to pull out the sword, then GB die after that ET will left unprotected and next ET will die too...

but they're friends now... another mystery to solve hehehe

i like the writer-nim... I always love her dramas...

Hmmm ... but KS wasn't on his notice, was he?

But then again, I can see what you mean.
ET wasn't supposed to be born and named, so her name really can't show up on the board, but she is in possession of a soul, an unregistered one. He needs THAT back to set his record straight. As he was in charge to collect her an her mom those 19years ago.
I guess KS became his job as he started living with him, the sword fixed the soul of KS in an immortal body, noone can free or collect that soul as long as the sword pins it down.
So on one hand does GR have the need to collect ET, but as she is the only way to free the soul that's missing ...

Will they work with reincarnation like in "Arang and the Magistrate" (also an undying soul running about)

I am really really happy to see you here @naritul

• Like 6

There is a well known fact across world that romance sells like hot cake..

And when it comes to TRP, you want to milk the romance to its best... and therefore in series that have multiple separate lovelines tend to space it such that when one love story is at high then the other is on a down.. when the first goes down (in terms of intensity in the plot/story), the other goes up

Right now, the drama is setting up the main OTP.. and initiating their romance.. this phase 1 of romance is always most appealing. Therefore, from business view, it makes no sense to get the second couple get started simultaneously ( specially given they have already gained enough popularity) .. ONCE goblin's and ET's romance settles down (aka they confess) we would enter the dull phase of their romance ( that anticipation is gone and its more of them being sweet to each other, occassional lover's tiff etc)....AND it is then that the second couple's scorching chemistry, intensity of the love drama will be at its peak..

That's also makes for a good addictive viewer experience... you don't want to enter into a dull phase from both sides..

Whens econd couple will enter their dull phase, goblin life death drama will become central.. when that sorts itself out.. King-Queen drama will come up..

Its a balance!

• Like 14

Hmmm... if we are talking about missing scenes - I thought in the preview there was a scene where Eun Tak thanks Dokkebi and the Grim Reaper for saving her but it was not shown? 

Pardon me for talking about another drama but I remember in CITT, there were scenes in previews which were only shown 2 episodes later so I expect that Sunny and Grim will meet in Ep 5. ^^ 

EDIT: Are they still filming scenes? I assume that they are not filming episode 5 at the moment but the production team should be ahead by at least 5 or 6 episodes?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Eun Tak's mother... when GR went to the hospital to take her, she had already left. That's why he visited her home where he met Eun Tak. To me, Ji Yeon Hee is the spirit who opened the door of the car and who took the bankbook, when her sister was about to go to the bank in order to take the money.

In my opinion, GB can't die because he would leave Eun Tak unprotected and we know that a new team of Grim Reaper has been created: team for missing souls!! So this team will be after Ji Yeon Hee and Eun Tak.

That's an Idea ... didn't even pay attention to that detail ... I noticed it, but I really didn't care about the bankbook ... I explained the car door for myself, that one of the other ghosts did it, like in the classroom (even wondered if KS noticed her and did it)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, selenette said:

I know, it's just that the preview promised us a scene where they met.

I read that this episode was only 1 houre so maybe that's why they couldn't show that scene in this episode!!

1 hour ago, kismet22 said:

Regarding Sunny as the Queen and Reaper as the King.  Quick question:  Why do other characters look the same as their reincarnated ancestors?  Such as:

1) The guy that did the hit-run on ET's mom was a pirate on the ship in Ep 1

2) DH and the first young servant

3) The company finance guy/evil court eunuch with DH at the Chicken Restaurant in Ep 3

So, if we see reincarnated versions of other players that look the same why is Sunny and Reaper not the "same" unless a switch and for the scenario to be played out why aren't the players close to each other such as the evil court eunuch next to the King?

that's a good question but sometimes the reincarnated people can be in different look/body and sometimes even genre as they hinted in the scene betwwen Kim Shin and Wang Yeo, at 1st Kim Shin was thinking that one of the male band's singers can be the King's reincarnation but Wang Yeo said that he can even be reincarnated as a woman if he was reincarnated to being with!! we need to wait more to really know for sure and for now I think we have more hints that Wang Yeo can be the reincarnation of the king but we know little about Sunny!!

1 hour ago, dears said:

My speculations:

Another thing that's pointing out that the grim reaper was the king is that, his name is Wang Yeo. In Goryeo's era the king is the Wang line, remember Wang So, Wang Wook, etc.

So it's pretty much likely that he was the king. He is not reincarnated but made into Grim Reaper to pay for his sins, and losing his memory on his past life made him not know about Goblin as his previous General, and end up befriending his arch enemy.

Goblin who does not forget his memory doesn't have the memory of the king's grown up version. Since he's dead and asleep for a while.

The one that he came to burn was not the queen but the king, because the eunuch was already old at that time, that's why he said he came to late for his revenge.

I think it's true that Wang Yeo regret to have his queen killed, that's why he had so many pictures of her and that's why he shed tear when he saw Kim Sun (Sunny).

Is it coincidence that Goblin's name is Kim Shin? I think they were indeed siblings, the queen and Kim Shin in the past.

that's a good point!! I almost forgot that the king Kim Shin knows is only 17 years old so he could have changed as an adult and maybe became Wang Yeo/Lee Dong Wook but Kim Shin never had thechance to see him in his adult age since he found him dead and fully covered!! 

1 hour ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

And this is why I believe Goblin will have a happy ending... I trust what KES said in her interview... I just can't tell how she will end this happily...

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

• Like 10

Pardon me,

I have been into romance drama lately...

I am wondering, because it airs on TVN

Will they give us "real kisses" when our OTP 13 years apart? 

:grimace:

For me, it is important!!! an essential for romance drama... Kyaaaaa :lol: hahahaha....

@LanA i think i need to rewatch from ep 1. I still dont understand some parts. 

Edited by naritul
a kiss to KISSES
  • Like 13

13 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

That's an Idea ... didn't even pay attention to that detail ... I noticed it, but I really didn't care about the bankbook ... I explained the car door for myself, that one of the other ghosts did it, like in the classroom (even wondered if KS noticed her and did it)

@bebebisous33 ha ha.. i had the same idea that the car door was flung open by a ghost and not goblin per se..

BUt the big question, if mom did not pass onto the afterlife.. why is she staying away from her own daughter specially when she knows that daughter can see her.. and she can be an emotional support to ET..

Mom definitely didn't drink the tea - a) wud not want to forget the daughter B) b ) if she is around definitely didn't forget

Is it possible that shin doesn't remember but in his drunk state he told ET that if she takes out the sword he wud die.. and hence she will refuse to take out the sword..??

Oh super tempted to see how ET escapes this pulling out the sword bit

• Like 6