Libera

@Libera Thank you so much for posting that interview :) Wow it is posted on W Magazine's International twitter account! It's not just W Korea. I wonder if she'll also be featured on their magazine for the month of May. That's a good article she had there.

I think she was at Korea for Seoul Fashion Week and was intrigued with LSK. That shoot was I think abrupt that the interviewer just wanted to meet LSK and have an interview with her as she's a model turned actress known internationally.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, rottenxtears said:

BTS photo :) 

So her last ig picture from the w@mag shooting.

I will always support her if she wants to do film/movies. But I hope once in a while, she can consider any drama offer that come to her. Before, I greatly wish she can appear as soon as possible in dramatv . It seems Drama God will not grant my wish anymore.

I also hope she will succeed . Well....who knows maybe in the next two years, she will be in marvel or james bond movie series if she goes international. She already has the look and height. Just soaring high sung kyung. The sky is your limit.

15 hours ago, Libera said:

"There have been so many rumors associating me with certain male models and other relationships I’ve never been in, that I feel as though I’ve been through those relationships already, so I don’t have to go through them again,” she says, laughing. “I feel like I’ve dated around a hundred people by now; it’s exhausting.”

For 2017, Lee's big plan is to make the transition to film, and she is waiting to confirm her first feature. “The film will change my life a lot, but it will be a new platform to show myself.”

I love her sarcastic answer about the rumors with men. Thumbs up!! 

Honestly...I hope if she has someone in her life right now, she will put the relationship under radar. Do not make it public becoz it will be a stumbling block for her career. Fans can speculate and guessing . 

But from the article....she stands by her statement before this. She is not really interested in love.

I think I know why they related her with gigi hadid in this article.  Both of them have the same style in doing catwalk on the runaway. And they share some resemblances in physical appearance.

I loveeeeeeeeeee her personality in this interview tbh and i love how she answered the question about relationships :D:D ,it must be very frustrating to be on several rumors that are far away from reality

About broker , last time i searched for it on naver i believe(if the translation is correct) they stopped filming and  i don't think they have resumed it until now,it's like on stand by. She must be talking about another movie, it seems like a high profile movie because she talks like it would change her life *Finger crossed*

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016080311444206084&type=1&outlink=1

Glad to see things are shaping up for her based on the W article. I think fans in this forum can be a little relieved and less worried for her future. I find it funny how she complained that her private life changed drastically after WLFKBJ. And here we are worried that she isn't getting the attention she deserves. Poor thing, just think when she actually gains more Korean fans, she would have even less of a normal life. 

But it it seems like YG hasn't forgotten about LSK. It seems that since tv drama doesn't favor her so they shift publicity and more focus on projects in the fashion world for her by having her collaborate and do photo shoots with more big brands and designers.

Although I think it's great that she says she wants her IG to reflect some normal part of her life and not to be entirely promotional, I think it would be smarter to increase publicity through IG. Both Selena Gomez and Gigi Haddid use this tactic and have gained a lot of fame and fortune. And let's be honest, they're not exactly great in the acting department but at least they secured their current celebrity status thanks partially to IG. Of course I believe LSK has so much more talent and potential, but using IG more to promote her activities while her acting projects are put on hold might not be such a bad idea. And she won't be forgotten.

Random note, I might have to disagree on comparing her to Haddid. Maybe when LSK was younger but her style now seems different. For me her look and modeling personality reminds me of Tyra Banks more.

2 hours ago, anom65 said:

Random note, I might have to disagree on comparing her to Haddid. Maybe when LSK was younger but her style now seems different. For me her look and modeling personality reminds me of Tyra Banks more.

It's not only you my dear. (I like Gigi too btw) But to compare LSK to her especially the modelling experience, Sung Kyung have more. LSK has started her modelling experience eversince she was 16 or 17 years old while Hadid just had it in the recent past years. I even saw a tweet that says something like...this is non-verbatim (It's from a LSK fan I think) "How dare they compare Lee Sung Kyung to Gigi Mediocre Hadid" :D I laughed because it is perhaps true. If only LSK will be given more opportunities I know she'll always do what's due. 

6 hours ago, day2708 said:

I loveeeeeeeeeee her personality in this interview tbh and i love how she answered the question about relationships :D:D ,it must be very frustrating to be on several rumors that are far away from reality

About broker , last time i searched for it on naver i believe(if the translation is correct) they stopped filming and  i don't think they have resumed it until now,it's like on stand by. She must be talking about another movie, it seems like a high profile movie because she talks like it would change her life *Finger crossed*

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016080311444206084&type=1&outlink=1

So they interrupted Broker shooting for this we had no news about this movie, maybe she is still talking about it and they will restart shooting soon, but i hope that she is talking about another bigger movie.

After i saw how much Koreans hated Lee Sung Kyung and how much of an obstacle the can be to her career i always thought she should just go to America and she will become a star, i know that it will never happen, also because she is not fluent in english and i don't think that Lee Sung Kyung is so ambitious, i hope this article and recognition will be only the start but i don't think she will leave Korea and start a new career in a different country, but she really should, she has it all and Knetz are too stupid to recognize it. I wish her to become an international star and hope that Knetz then will realize how dumb they are.

4 hours ago, anom65 said:

Although I think it's great that she says she wants her IG to reflect some normal part of her life and not to be entirely promotional, I think it would be smarter to increase publicity through IG. Both Selena Gomez and Gigi Haddid use this tactic and have gained a lot of fame and fortune. And let's be honest, they're not exactly great in the acting department but at least they secured their current celebrity status thanks partially to IG. Of course I believe LSK has so much more talent and potential, but using IG more to promote her activities while her acting projects are put on hold might not be such a bad idea. And she won't be forgotten.

Me too think that she should use her Instagram to promote herself, in the past she used to post pictures with her friends and she just posted picture of her daily life without restriction but now she avoids to post pictures with her friends because of rumors and maybe also because she doesn't want her fans to disturb her friends and and she posts much less, if she posted pictures how she used to she would have much more followers now, she sure can't post always just selcas.

I feel bad for her lack of privacy, being myself a very private person i can imagine how hard and frustrating it is, she already said in an interview that she didn't want to become a celebrity

I heard your dream was actually to become a musical actress.

There’s a reason why I didn’t dream of being an actress. I wasn’t confident about living as a celebrity, I didn’t wish it. That’s why my dream was to be a musical actress. It was a coincidence that I ended up acting. I could have done it once and left it at that, but it would have been meaningless. My “since I’ve already started, let’s have fun with it” mindset got bigger.

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/june-2016-grazia-lee-sung-kyung-interview/

I hope her the best of luck, i really hope that she will try an overseas career in America, she can start with modeling and in the meantime audition for some guest star roles in a few TV shows, (i wish to see her in an episode of Crazy Ex Girlfriend) or movies and slowly gain more fame and important roles, but we can only wait and see what she has in mind, i will keep my expectations low so i won't be disappointed.

Remember to like this picture to show how much we love Lee Sung Kyung to W Magazine, so maybe they will invest more attention and photoshoot on her

Searching Lee Sung Kyung on twitter and international fans all have something to say about "Lee Sung Kyung as Korea's Gigi Hadid"

Tweets were actually funny guys, fans think LSK deserves better and Lee Sung Kyung is Lee Sung Kyung. No need to compare to another person. I feel the great love for her, I know it's kinda foul to see such tweets if you're coming from Gigi's side but we could all see how much LSK has a lot of international fans who could defend her and loves her.

But actually the main point of W Magazine of comparing the 2 is because, Gigi is one of the hottest models internationally right now. No harm intended. But I do agree, Lee Sung Kyung shines and sparkles in her own name ❤

2 hours ago, rottenxtears said:

Searching Lee Sung Kyung on twitter and international fans all have something to say about "Lee Sung Kyung as Korea's Gigi Hadid"

Tweets were actually funny guys, fans think LSK deserves better and Lee Sung Kyung is Lee Sung Kyung. No need to compare to another person. I feel the great love for her, I know it's kinda foul to see such tweets if you're coming from Gigi's side but we could all see how much LSK has a lot of international fans who could defend her and loves her.

But actually the main point of W Magazine of comparing the 2 is because, Gigi is one of the hottest models internationally right now. No harm intended. But I do agree, Lee Sung Kyung shines and sparkles in her own name ❤

I can understand and i agree with some comments but some are a little bit too much, i hate haters just like i hate Knetz that attack Lee Sung Kyung. I think that they can write whatever they think on their personal Twitter or facebook or instagram but some fans were pretty agrressive and rude in W Magazine Instagram post and spread the hate, i think that they could have expressed their opinion in a more respectful way, like saying "I think Lee Sung Kyung is better because she is multitalented and hardworking" "I like Lee Sung Kyung more because she is a beautiful person and a talented model and actress" etc... or just be greatful that they recognized Lee Sung Kyung and gave her the opportunity to be seen to a wider public even if she is a nobody internationally she is only popular in Asia and not even as much as some idols or some actresses.

I think the writer of the article didn't mean to be disrespectful towards Lee Sung Kyung or actually compare her with Gigi but i think she actually used Gigi Hadid incredible popularity (she is probably the most famous model in the world right now) to hype Lee Sung Kyung. If a stranger in America or in Europe sees an article about a Korean model with a weird name that they never heard of they will never check it (korean artist are not famous in America or Europe, there are just few people that follow them, like me :lol:) but if you put the name of one of the biggest model in the world people will get curious and not just people but also stylists and brand might give her some attention and research more about her. I would have liked if fans would have shown more gratitude for the opportunity to be in a worldwide famous fashion magazine site. After all this is just an article and she probably will never have this opportunity, i sure i hope that this is just the first of a long series but i will keep my expectations low.

17 minutes ago, Libera said:

I can understand and i agree with some comments but some are a little bit too much, i hate haters just like i hate Knetz that attack Lee Sung Kyung. I think that they can write whatever they think on their personal Twitter or facebook or instagram but some fans were pretty agrressive and rude in W Magazine Instagram post and spread the hate, i think that they could have expressed their opinion in a more respectful way, like saying "I think Lee Sung Kyung is better because she is multitalented and hardworking" "I like Lee Sung Kyung more because she is a beautiful person and a talented model and actress" etc... or just be greatful that they recognized Lee Sung Kyung and gave her the opportunity to be seen to a wider public even if she is a nobody internationally she is only popular in Asia and not even as much as some idols or some actresses.

I think the writer of the article didn't mean to be disrespectful towards Lee Sung Kyung or actually compare her with Gigi but i think she actually used Gigi Hadid incredible popularity (she is probably the most famous model in the world right now) to hype Lee Sung Kyung. If a stranger in America or in Europe sees an article about a Korean model with a weird name that they never heard of they will never check it (korean artist are not famous in America or Europe, there are just few people that follow them, like me :lol:) but if you put the name of one of the biggest model in the world people will get curious and not just people but also stylists and brand might give her some attention and research more about her. I would have liked if fans would have shown more gratitude for the opportunity to be in a worldwide famous fashion magazine site. After all this is just an article and she probably will never have this opportunity, i sure i hope that this is just the first of a long series but i will keep my expectations low.

@Libera i totally agree with you chingu.  i had the same thought.  fans have to also observe proper decorum as they are in a way representing LSK.  as the saying goes, think before your click ... and even think twice or thrice ... the least they could do is be thankful but their uncalled for comments may rob the article the positive vibe and goodness it should bring to LSK.  fans should have a sense of responsibility.  that is the problem with being incognito on SNS as you have people who brazenly express their thoughts without thinking of its repercussions.  it has no impact on them but may impact LSK.  i like your idea of liking posts of the writer and w magazine.  i actually posted a message on the writer's IG account which she actually liked.  i will pass this on to other networks and hopefully we get more likes to these IG posts as a sign of gratitude and support.   

side note - a friend mentioned LSK can be compared more to cara delevinge in terms of career path and talent, how they started as models and then shifted to acting.  i would agree with this comparison more but i am not complaining with the gigi hadid comparison.  gigi hadid is still gigi hadid.  if at all, i am more grateful to the writer and W magazine for giving LSK international exposure.   i wonder if there have been other korean celebrities featured in an international magazine.  when i go to mobile wmagazine, the first thing that is displayed is LSK's article.  when i checked online, her article takes the front page along with Gigi Hadid, Cara Delevinge, Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart ... big name hollywood/international celebrities ... and her article is at the top of the page.  that is really something big and the probability of her getting noticed by international scouts is likely.  my stage mother wish is she gets considered for mulan live action, but they need someone who speaks english and mandarin fluently.  it's my dream for her because mulan is my favorite disney character :rolleyes: anyway it will not cost me anything to dream ... i can keep on dreaming ... 

1 hour ago, Libera said:

Felt the same with you @Libera, posts/comments specifically intended to the accounts of the respective posters from WMag should at least be stopped. Some were really too much. I just can't help but grin at some tweets I saw after I searched for Lee Sung Kyung (sorry the bad side of my brain works this way at times) As for me, my first impression of her getting compared to Gigi was good. Afterall, Gigi is a well-known model and the intention of the article wasn't really to harm and yes we should thank WMag for giving LSK the spotlight :) 

-----

Talking about magazines, on the next shoot of LSK for a magazine spread my greedy self likes it to be a couple shoot. She creates a really good vibe and intense chemistry with couple shoots though I'm actually enjoying her solo shoots as well. Hmmm Lee Soo Hyuk had just trasferred to YG though :D I'd actually like to see them together, the visuals and aesthetic will be no joke. 

I would really like to know what is YG and Lee Sung Kyung plan for the future and this waiting is making me so nervous. Maybe they want to find some deals with international brands for this they exposed her in W Magazine.

From the interview Lee Sung Kyung said that she is waiting for confirmation about her first movie but if Broker is interrupted (why?:() what movie she means? And when will she have the confirm? If it won't be confirmed we also will never know what movie she is talking about but i hope to hear positive news about this soon.

Now that i think about it if she really wants to make movies from now on she will have more free time and so will have more time for modeling and other projects, in fact movie's shooting are not so crazy like drama shooting are and if this is true she seems to be truly serious about become an established actress. If i was in her as happen in the majority of the cases i would try more to gain popularity with dramas but it looks like she is not interested in this and i admire it even if i don't actually agree 100% but i wish her the best of success and luck. I would have tried another drama and would have tried to secure the fans that i already made and maybe gain some more but whatever is her choice i will support her unless is something very stupid :lol: Seriously I really need some news soon or i will go crazy.

based on what  gillian (the writer) posted on her IG account, it looks like she wanted to interview LSK and it was made possible by her korean contacts wkorea and fanuck.  I even wonder if gillian watched WFKBJ or if she is a closet WFKBJ fan ... ahaha ... i may be deluding myself but it sounded like gillian may have reached out to interview LSK ... i may be mistaken but regardless of the circumstance, this is a positive move.  now, YG and LSK handlers should get their act together and assess the opportunities with the recent international exposure then build a business case and draft a plan according to their findings.  they may not have the experience marketing actors/models internationally although they do have international experience with the kpop scene (but this is different because they set-up concerts and book venues, sell tickets but they are still in control).  if ever, this would be a first for YG.  typically, actors/actresses or even models would sign-up for management companies based in other countries but if it is business in sk, it still is within YG jurisdiction.  so i even wonder if the W magazine gig was planned by YG or if it just fell on their lap.  similar to LSK back story on how she ended up with a role in IOIL - it wasn't planned but it just so happened the daughter of the director brought LSK's profile to her dad's attention and the rest is history.  idk, i'm just speculating here being so far removed from where all the action is.

i myself am curious to as to what her next project is but i guess we have to still be thankful that she is still visible albeit limited to magazine and cf's but at least she is still around.  2016 was a good (and busy) year for her with 3 dramas (and a movie - broker filmed last year?) tucked in her belt and we got used to this.   typically korean actors/actresses would have 1 project a year (either drama or movie) unless you are hwang jung min who has a prolific record of making blockbuster movies one after the other.  

Spoiler

maybe she should follow han hyo joo's career track focused on movies which allowed her to tackle a variety of roles that definitely helped hone her craft.  she worked with respected actors either in a supporting or lead role.  and she also chooses her projects carefully.  i've enjoyed most if not all her movies i've watched.

one thing good in the movies is the wide range of possibilities and good material that goes beyond romance.  with dramas, there should always be a love angle.  movies can do away with this formula and focus on the storyline without deviating to side stories, romance, bromance, makjang, etc as you only have at the most 2-1/2 hours to tell the story so there is no room for distractions.  case in point, train to busan.  no love angle from gong yoo's perspective and yet the movie became a blockbuster hit.  i hope we hear some good news from biblee soon.

If u like train to Busan, then check out the Crucible aka Silenced. Gong yoo and Jung Yu Mi earned my respect for them to a whole new level not just as actors but as model citizens. That movie even helped changed some laws. I had no idea the Korean justice system was that corrupt. I hope LSK can be part of a similar movie like that someday, because not only will that gain her favor in the eyes of Koreans but she can also make a meaningful difference to others & contribution to society. 

Lee Sung kyung Instagram update from her trip in LA a couple of months ago, Lee Sung Kyung has really super long arms :lol:

Ice_lace, Lee Sung Kyung friend also posted a video from LA trip

Elle Korea, Allure Korea and Ceci Korea all posted on Instagram Lee Sung Kyung Laneige video, it looks like there will be some event but i don't think there will be Lee Sung Kyung

Spoiler

@cmoirae2 I think for Broker there is no chance anymore, they interrupted the shooting at the beginning of March 2016 and they never finished filming for it :bawling: For now we really have nothing to look forward, i hope that she will have at least one project this year.

Knetz are back again in bashing Lee Sung Kyung on Naver, i can't stand this idiots anymore 

There are many mean comments as per usual there is no one to defend her, many says that she is not popular and that her drama highest ratings was only 5%, others says that she won't be popular for long, she can't act, she is not pretty, attention seeker, she should not be a celebrity and many i can't understand but really why they hate her so much?

There is this particular comment that is really mean :angry: Downvote it please.

연기연습이나 좀 하세요 연기 진짜 못하던데. 이건 루머 아니고 팩트니까 괜찮죠?
Do some acting practice. Actually, you can not play. It's not a rumor, it's a fact, is not it?

Seriously she should really just leave Korea and start a career oversees.

1 hour ago, Libera said:

Knetz are back again in bashing Lee Sung Kyung on Naver, i can't stand this idiots anymore 

There are many mean comments as per usual there is no one to defend her, many says that she is not popular and that her drama highest ratings was only 5%, others says that she won't be popular for long, she can't act, she is not pretty, attention seeker, she should not be a celebrity and many i can't understand but really why they hate her so much?

There is this particular comment that is really mean :angry: Downvote it please.

연기연습이나 좀 하세요 연기 진짜 못하던데. 이건 루머 아니고 팩트니까 괜찮죠?
Do some acting practice. Actually, you can not play. It's not a rumor, it's a fact, is not it?

Seriously she should really just leave Korea and start a career oversees.

These knetz are really getting into my nerves deep!!! What did LSK do wrong to them! All they do is hate on people especially on female korean artists. *Sigh* LSK is well loved by international fans but her reputation gets tainted by the feedback of these knetz. I just wanna slap them with reality, they're too blinded to see how talented LSK is, they must feel intense insecurity! 

Dear haters and bashers of Lee Sung Kyung, please stop criticizing her when you yourselves can't even identify how flawed your attitudes are. 

I really wish that there will never be an article about Lee Sung Kyung on Naver, never, so those idiots can't bash her. Then they say that she is nobody and she is no popular and nobody knows her but her articles are always the ones with most comments, votes and views so it looks like she is pretty popular for this you idiots hate her.

Thank god there is Lee Sung Kyung smiling face that makes me feel less angry

From Lovcat

%EB%9F%AC%EB%B8%8C%EC%BA%A3%EB%B9%84%EC%A5%AC5%EC%9B%94_%E2%80%98%EC%8A%A4%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%BC_%EB%AF%B8_%28Smile_me%29%E2%80%99_%EB%9D%BC%EC%9D%B8_%EC%B6%9C%EC%8B%9C_01_%281%29.jpg?type=w2

%EB%9F%AC%EB%B8%8C%EC%BA%A3%EB%B9%84%EC%A5%AC5%EC%9B%94_%E2%80%98%EC%8A%A4%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%BC_%EB%AF%B8_%28Smile_me%29%E2%80%99_%EB%9D%BC%EC%9D%B8_%EC%B6%9C%EC%8B%9C_02_%281%29.jpg?type=w2

http://m.blog.naver.com/rkrh01/220976067919

Archived