[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, nevill said:

ok, the cooking great, but i never understood why is cutting your food for you is considered a romantic gesture, can someone explain the meaning behind it, please? 

I wrote a reply earlier, but apparently it got lost... anyhow, like what @dramu51ch0c10ve said, it is a considerate gesture. For me it is a loving gesture just as a mother would cut up meat into small pieces for their children so that it is easier to eat their food. I consider it part of food preparation for other people. Of course that is just me. For other people, it might be offensive because they may think "I'm a grown person, I can handle my own food, thank you very much".... Here it is romantic, because SoAh supposedly is the servant, yet HB, the master/god, is the one "serving" her.

3 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

OMG next episode Habaek cry as he shouts So Ah's name.He never cried before:o

She is always in dangerous situations, it will be her third situation :tongue:

And Habeak is always there for her :D

4 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Thank you all for tonight...

This drama is getting better each episode! :wub:

Its definitely getting more and more interesting - I hope there will be more and more fans of this dramas and less and less haters.

2 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

She is always in dangerous situations, it will be her third situation :tongue:

And Habeak is always there for her :D

Did you see he was in pain? He's clutching his chest. Will he feel pain now after hunger? What triggers it? Or is it the pain you experience when your love one being taken away? So much question!! I need answers like NOW!!!

1 minute ago, amisyka77 said:

Did you see he was in pain? He's clutching his chest. Will he feel pain now after hunger? What triggers it? Or is it the pain you experience when your love one being taken away? So much question!! I need answers like NOW!!!

Yes, I didnt see it like that, He feels pain! He is becoming more and more human, what will hapen to him? I feel that he is becoming more and more human at the time when he slowly falls in love with So Ah. Love makes him more human, I think that way. I am starting to feel worried about him.

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

"I'm a grown person, I can handle my own food, thank you very much".... Here it is romantic, because SoAh supposedly is the servant, yet HB, the master/god, is the one "serving" her.

ah i see your point, but i guess i belong to the above category...

23 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I don't know whether to call it romantic but I would say it is a considerate/thoughtful gesture. Helping to cut up food for you basically means the person thinks about you and wants to make life slightly easier by cutting up the food so that you can enjoy it immediately. So Ah was touched when Habaek did that for her because she never thought he had it in him to be so thoughtful of her even when it comes to minor things like food. That's what I think:)

i guess i understand it more when it comes from a god used to be served doing it. but to me in general it doesnt spell romantic i guess. but here i can forgive this...

35 minutes ago, nevill said:

i had a feeling it was somthing like this bc it didnt look like HB inside the car i wasnt sure but i thougt that the guy had bleach hair.

ok, the cooking great, but i never understood why is cutting your food for you is considered a romantic gesture, can someone explain the meaning behind it, please? 

Not sure about other people, but my husband did that for me sometimes especially food like steak and chicken. He cut it into smaller pieces so that I can eat it immediately. I think that's romantic. He want to make sure I eat my food properly with ease. 

2 minutes ago, nevill said:

i guess i understand it more when it comes from a god used to be served doing it. but to me in general it doesnt spell romantic i guess. but here i can forgive this...

It might be not so romantic act but for me it is really important step from Habeak. He shows her that he wants to take care of her and that he cares for her. Maybe it isnt romantic step but very meaningful since their relationship starts to change and affection starts to grow.

7 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

Yes, I didnt see it like that, He feels pain! He is becoming more and more human, what will hapen to him? I feel that he is becoming more and more human at the time when he slowly falls in love with So Ah. Love makes him more human, I think that way. I am starting to feel worried about him.

OMG his character reminds me of Lucifer from the American TV show 'Lucifer' :D 

He becomes vulnerable every time he is near his 'love interest' and he starts to feel things...

There seems to be a lot of deep conversations going on in this episode. I hope that eng sub come out fast because I want to know exactly what happened especially the last scene. Why did Biryum torture So Ah? What did Habaek tell Biryum such that he stopped torturing her and looked like he got scared? I need answers fast!:blink: 

Archived