♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

Park Hyung Sik has an exclusive chat with Pinkvilla

1083889293_park-hyung-sik-2_1280*720.jpg

It's been a few years since the release of Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth, with Our Blooming Youth marking your return to Sageuks. What do you find the most enticing and challenging about starring in historical dramas?

The most enticing part of historical dramas is the display of the past and beautiful nature. But that is also where the difficulty comes from, as there is more to prepare compared to contemporary dramas.

We're introduced to your Our Blooming Youth character Crown Prince Lee Hwan as "the man who will clear false accusations" and Jeon So Nee's character Min Jae Yi as "the woman who will break the curse." What can you tease about the complicated chemistry and friendship/love story between Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi? What would you say is your co-star Jeon So Nee's most charming quality?

Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi get to know each other through an inevitable relationship where they both need the other. I believe there will be chemistry, friendship, and love shown through the two characters. Jeon So Nee’s most charming quality is her honesty and her open heart.

From Strong Girl Bong-soon, all the way to Happiness and now with the excitement surrounding Our Blooming Youth, you enjoy a massive fan following in India for your captivating performances. Is there a message you'd like to share with your Indian fans?

Thank you for all the love and support from India. I would certainly love to visit India. When I do, please send me love and support then, too.

Has the Wooga Squad given any reviews of all the teasers that's come out so far of Our Blooming Youth, especially with how you'll are always so supportive of each other's works? Can we expect an on-screen drama reunion for you all after Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth?

They told me that they have waited for such a long time. Unfortunately, I cannot assure you of a drama reunion. But it would be great if there is an opportunity to do so.

Your post-military project choices have definitely been intriguing as they're so vastly different from the others - Happiness, Soundtrack #1 and now Our Blooming Youth. Is it a conscious effort by you to not stick to one genre, even though it might be tempting once you find success in it?

I like to push myself to challenges, and it may be so that I am trying to find my limit. Whenever I feel lacking, I get a driving force to fill them in. 

You're known for your warm personality in real life, but when it comes to Our Blooming Youth, we see a colder, more calculated persona as Lee Hwan. How did you go about getting into the skin of Lee Hwan, who is haunted by a mysterious curse? How do you feel the curse impacts Lee Hwan's actions?

Even if the prince has a warm personality, he cannot become a king unless he can be cold and calculative at times. He is a person that needs to know how to do everything, and I imagined that the burden and responsibility would be weighing him down. In fact, I tried to understand and express things better for Lee Hwan, who carried such a life despite his young age. The curse is the reason why kind and warm-hearted Lee Hwan changed into a skeptical, sensitive person who is always wary of his surroundings. 

Did you find any similarities between your Our Blooming Youth character Lee Hwan and your Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth character Kim Ji Dwi?

Kim Ji Dwi and Lee Hwan are similar in that they both pursue to become wise, righteous rulers.

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 1

*** The show has aired 10 episodes so far and having come halfway there, still seems to be so much that needs to unfold, with anticipation for the story growing each week. Jeon So Nee has also an exclusive conversation with Pinkvilla.   :heart2beat:

We're introduced to your Our Blooming Youth character Min Jae Yi as "the woman who will break the curse" and Park Hyung Sik's character Crown Prince Lee Hwan as "the man who will clear false accusations." What can you tease about the complicated chemistry and friendship/love story between Min Jae Yi and Lee Hwan?

To lift Lee Hwan’s curse, he needs something I know, and to clear my name, I need the prince’s authority. The realization that they need each other connects them, and this allowed them to rely on someone else for the first time. Meeting someone to share the burden that once was carried alone is such a warm feeling. Just like their relationship that gets closer through one thing, Park Hyung Sik and I got closer through the one fact that we had to rely on each other's acting as stepping stones to move on together. I admire the characters in how Prince Hwan seems courageous and reliable but is quite cute, and Jae Yi seems weak and fragile but is quite powerful.

Both you and Park Hyung Sik are from the '91 line. What do you think is the most charming quality about your Our Blooming Youth co-star?

His greatest feature is that he is open to accepting others. He has a big heart. He also has plenty of patience and strong concentration, and working with him gives me the courage and motivation to give better and more sincere performances. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/exclusive-our-blooming-youths-jeon-so-nee-says-park-hyung-sik-has-a-big-heart-expresses-love-for-india-1211860

• Like 1

10 New Romance K-Dramas Releasing In 2023

Fall in love with Korean dramas all over again.

Want to add more romance to your life without leaving your house? We’ve got you covered! Here are 10 new romantic K-Dramas to look forward to this year.

5. Doctor Slump

This upcoming romance stars Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik, and it’s exactly what it sounds like: doctors in a slump.

As a way of resuscitating their lives, two doctors quit their jobs and move into a rooftop apartment together.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/news/hybe-fair-jin-bts-members-equal-treatment/

• Like 1

Top 10 Best K-Dramas About Heart-Fluttering Office Romance That You Should Add To Your Watchlist

Check out the top 10 office romance K-Dramas to have on your watchlist!

At times, office life can be draining with the amount of work that's needed to be done week after week. But for all the K-Drama fans out there, rejoice, because do we have the list for you! Nothing serves as a better remedy to dreary office life than a drama with heart-fluttering office romance. These dramas have everything; from small cubicle visits, after work dates, and the drop of professional jargon for sweet, romantic one-liners. You cannot help but feel a wave of butterflies swirl around your stomach after each episode.

For newcomers to the K-Drama community, check out these titles to find the right fit for you. For long-time fans, take a trip down memory lane by watching these dramas once again. But if there's a show you still haven't seen, add it to the top of your watchlist!

Note: This list is not a ranking. At the end of this article will be a poll where you can vote for your favorite. The vote will not be closed, so no result article will be published.

9. "Strong Woman Do BongSoon"

Top 10 Best K-Dramas About Heart-Fluttering Office Romance That You Should Add To Your Watchlist

Cast: Park BoYoung, Park HyungSik

Summary: Do BongSoon comes from a long line of women who are born with superhuman strength. She dreams of developing her own video game. By chance, she is employed as the bodyguard to Ahn MinHyuk, the CEO of video game company Ainsoft. In BongSoon's neighborhood, a series of kidnapping cases occur and the two become involved. All while this is happening, Ahn MinHyuk begins to develop romantic feelings for Do BongSoon.

Watch Because: "Strong Woman Do BongSoon" is unique in that it mixes romantic-comedy with a splash of thriller. There are also sprinkles of fantasy with the use of superhuman strength. On top of everything, the chemistry between Park BoYoung and Park HyungSik will have you giggling to no end. It's a story of the male lead falling first for the strong (literally) and charismatic female lead. "Strong Woman Do BongSoon" is an iconic drama that you should watch at least once.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-best-kdramas-about-heart-fluttering-office-romance-that-you-should-add-to-your-watchlist/

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between February 9 and March 9. PHS is on the 20th.....  :7555_attack:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Jeon Do Yeon
  2. Jung Kyung Ho
  3. Lee Je Hoon
  4. Cha Eun Woo
  5. Lee Bo Young
  6. Noh Yoon Seo
  7. Pyo Ye Jin
  8. Cho Seung Woo
  9. Kang Sora
  10. Seo Ji Hye
  11. Kim Min Seok
  12. Jeon So Nee
  13. Kim Nam Gil
  14. Han Hye Jin
  15. Hong Soo Hyun
  16. Son Naeun
  17. Kim Jung Hyun
  18. Jang Seung Jo
  19. Lee Da Hee
  20. Park Hyung Sik
  21. Kim So Eun
  22. Jeon Hye Jin
  23. Lee Jae Won
  24. Kim Seung Soo
  25. Oh Eui Sik
  26. Han Joon Woo
  27. Han Sun Hwa
  28. Cha Joo Young
  29. Lee Bong Ryun
  30. Kim Min Kyu

credit : soompi news

*** Good Data Corporation has just released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the first week of March. The list was compiled from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Crash Course in Romance' remained strong at #1 in its final week on air, followed by 'Taxi Driver 2' and 'Three Bold Siblings'.   :heart:

#7 tvN's 'Our Blooming Youth' (3.20 points) 

20230227_030409_603_0.jpg

• Like 1

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Take A Walk Around The Moonlit Palace In “Our Blooming Youth”

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Take A Walk Around The Moonlit Palace In “Our Blooming Youth”

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” has teased viewers with romantic stills of Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee strolling under the moonlight!

“Our Blooming Youth” tells the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik stars as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee plays Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Spoilers

Previously in “Our Blooming Youth,” Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi solved the plum tree trick and saved Left State Councillor Han Joong Eon’s (Cho Sung Ha’s) family and Lee Hwan’s best friend Han Sung On (Yoon Jong Seok) from the ploy of Right State Councillor Cho Won Bo (Jung Woong In), the head of the Queen’s family. As he gets closer to the truth behind the mystery, Lee Hwan feels more disturbed and anxious.

In the midst of this situation, the newly released stills capture Crown Prince Lee Hwan’s nighttime stroll. Min Jae Yi, who is worried that Lee Hwan might trip in the darkness, also follows him with a lantern, illuminating the dark road in front of him.

OBY2.jpeg

OBY1.jpeg

Min Jae Yi is curious about Lee Hwan’s destination at first, but she seems to notice that Lee Hwan just wants to walk aimlessly, so she stays quiet with a gentle smile on her face. Lee Hwan’s gaze toward Min Jae Yi is filled with subtle emotions, raising anticipation for the romantic night stroll of the two who exchange conversation while walking through the quiet palace at night.

Spoiler

OBY4.jpeg

OBY3.jpeg

The next episode of “Our Blooming Youth” airs on March 13 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572350wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-take-a-walk-around-the-moonlit-palace-in-our-blooming-youth

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

ParkShinHye ParkHyungSik YoonBak and GongSungHa officially confirmed cast for JTBC drama DoctorSlump.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Regarding his upcoming role, Park Hyung Sik shared, “I am both nervous and excited because it’s my first rom-com in a while. I’m glad and excited to meet actress Park Shin Hye after a long time and to work together again.” He asked viewers to support the drama, promising to deliver a story that will bring smiles and touching feelings. Yoon Bak will play plastic surgeon Bin Dae Young who is both pretentious and pitiful. Gong Sung Ha will play Nam Ha Neul’s (Park Shin Hye) best friend and OB/GYN anesthesiologist Lee Hong Ran who has been with Nam Ha Neul from her college days to her residency days. I hope we could get MORE updates.   :Fist1:   PSH is back! I love the casting.

2023031401001096600131141_20230314095603

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003981892

• Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

“Oasis” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Oasis” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, episode 11 of tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” starring Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.598 percent, also seeing a slight increase from its previous episode’s rating of 3.413 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572573wpp/oasis-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Confirmed To Reunite For New Drama + Yoon Bak And Gong Sung Ha Also Join Cast

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Confirmed To Reunite For New Drama + Yoon Bak And Gong Sung Ha Also Join Cast

Park Hyung Sik, Park Shin Hye, Yoon Bak, and Gong Sung Ha have been confirmed for JTBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Slump” (literal title)!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way. The two who will spend both their brightest and lowest times together raise anticipation for how they will depict their search for happiness.

“Doctor Slump” will also mark the reunion between Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye in a drama for the first time in 10 years since their hit project “Heirs.” The drama will also be helmed by director Oh Hyun Jong of “Find Me in Your Memory” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and written by scriptwriter Baek Sun Wo of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

Park Hyung Sik will play the role of Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into the greatest slump in his life. Having been the top student of his entire school, Yeo Jung Woo attended the best medical school, and he bcame a star doctor with great skills and outstanding character. However, he gets pushed to the edge following a mysterious medical accident.

Regarding his upcoming role, Park Hyung Sik shared, “I am both nervous and excited because it’s my first rom-com in a while. I’m glad and excited to meet actress Park Shin Hye after a long time and to work together again.” The actor asked viewers to support the drama, promising to deliver a story that will bring smiles and touching feelings.

Park Shin Hye will play anesthesiologist Nam Ha Neul who is experiencing burnout syndrome. Having been called a genius since a young age, she lived her life immersed in her studies. Even as an adult, she is a workaholic doctor, living a life without fun and without knowing how to do anything except study and work. However, she suddenly resolves to change one day while looking back on her broken life.

On her upcoming role, the actress shared, “Anyone can fall into a slump in their lives. I tend to think a lot about how to wisely overcome that moment and to live in good health, so I related to the figure of Nam Ha Neul. I felt a sense of familiarity with the situation she faced, so I was more attracted to her. I will work hard to film so that I can deliver comfort to the many people who have become tired in life.”

Yoon Bak will play plastic surgeon Bin Dae Young who is both pretentious and pitiful. He has a one-sided sense of rivalry with the successful Yeo Jung Woo, who attended the same college as him, but he is also a figure who understands Yeo Jung Woo better than anyone else. Although he is arrogant and has a strong sense of pride, you can’t bring yourself to hate him as he shows both his sincere yet slick personality. Yoon Bak shared that he was highly anticipating the project after meeting such a great director and cast. He elaborated, “I will prepare well in order to make an enjoyable drama. I hope we can wrap up [the project] successfully without any big incidents until the end.”

Gong Sung Ha, who recently impressed with “Through the Darkness,” will play Nam Ha Neul’s best friend and OB/GYN (obstetrics and gynecology) anesthesiologist Lee Hong Ran who has been with Nam Ha Neul from her college days to her residency days. She becomes strangely intertwined with Bin Dae Young, who is similar to her despite the obvious differences. Gong Sung Ha shared, “I am grateful to have been given the role of Lee Hong Ran, and I also feel a sense of responsibility. With this character’s bright energy, I want to put in all my heart to make a great project with precious people. Please anticipate Gong Sung Ha’s Lee Hong Ran.”

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572570wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-confirmed-to-reunite-for-new-drama-yoon-bak-and-gong-sung-ha-also-join-cast

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 6-12, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-6-12-2023/

Monday, March 6      
Oasis 1 KBS 6.3%
Our Blooming Youth 9 tvN 3.3%

Tuesday, March 7      
Oasis 2 KBS 5.2%
Our Blooming Youth 10 tvN 3.4%

Top 10 Best Slow-Burn K-Dramas That You Should Add To Your Watchlist

Check out the top 10 slow-burn K-Dramas to have on your watchlist! Which of the ones in this list will you be watching next?

slow-burn-kdrama-recommendations_cover-i

Everybody loves a good K-Drama that has you sitting on the edge of your seat to see what happens next. What better way to do that than adding slow-burn K-Dramas to your watchlist?

Slow-burn K-Dramas are characterized by a sense of yearning or angst that underlies a love line. In other words, it's when the lead characters' love line feels like it's playing out super slowly either because they are late to realize their feelings or there are other obstacles in their way. Their love seems to have a slower build-up than the average K-Drama romance.

For the viewer looking to watch more dramas like this, we've compiled a watchlist of slow-burn K-Dramas to melt your heart and mellow your watchlist.

Note: This list is not a ranking. At the end of the article, there's a poll where you can vote for your favorite slow-burn K-Drama on your watchlist. However, no results article will be published as the poll will remain open. 

8. "Soundtrack No.1"

slow-burn-kdrama-recommendations_soundtr

Cast: Han SoHee, Park HyungSik, and more.

Summary: "Soundtrack #1" is a romance music drama about a man and a woman who have been friends for 20 years and how they blur the lines of their friendship after living together for two weeks.

Watch Because: This drama is an interesting slow burn because the male and female lead already have an established relationship, just in another dynamic. We teeter on the border of this dynamic and its possible shift throughout the drama and it makes for a wholesome experience.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-best-slow-burn-kdramas-that-you-should-add-to-your-watchlist/

• Like 1