♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

10 Best Underrated Romantic Comedy K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist

Find out the best underrated romantic comedy K-Dramas to have on your watchlist.

4. "High Society"

10 Best Underrated Romantic Comedy K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist

SBS

When: 2015

Cast: UEE, Sung Joon, Park HyungSik, Lim JiYeon

Summary: It tells the love story of a chaebol daughter and a man who tries his best to climb up the social ladder.

Why watch?: There has been quite a debate about this drama -whether you like it or not- but many agree on the perfect chemistry of the second lead couple (Park HyungSik and Lim JiYeon) who steal the spotlight of the drama. Their couple's story is captivating and has an incredible level of intensity.

giphy.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-underrated-romantic-comedy-k-dramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

Spoiler

“Our Blooming Youth” Breaks Down Interesting Relationships Between Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More

“Our Blooming Youth” Breaks Down Interesting Relationships Between Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More

A character relationship chart for “Our Blooming Youth” has dropped!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.

The newly released character relationship chart previews the links between various youth who have the power to save one another from danger. At the center of the story are Crown Prince Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) and murder suspect Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee). With Lee Hwan under an unidentifiable curse and Min Jae Yi being falsely accused of murdering her family, both characters are faced with life-changing situations.

As a result, Lee Hwan is forced to disguise himself as scholar Park of Namsangol, while Min Jae Yi presents herself as male eunuch Go Soon Dol. In their disguises, the pair joins forces to uncover the truth. However, their partnership is not as simple as it seems with the chart stating, “Should we hold hands or let go?” Will these two be able to save each other or will their suspicions and lack of trust get in the way?

Beside these two are their trusty helpers Jang Ga Ram (Pyo Ye Jin), Kim Myung Jin (Lee Tae Sun), Han Sung On (Yoon Jong Seok), and Tae Kang (Heo Won Seo). Jung Ga Ram is Min Jae Yi’s servant and only friend who dresses as a male to become the student of Kim Myung Jin in order to help Min Jae Yi’s investigation. Kim Myung Jin is the owner of Manyeondang and the prime minister’s wild youngest son who dreams of becoming Joseon’s first coroner.

Han Sung On is Min Jae Yi’s fiancé and Lee Hwan’s close friend. However, there appears to be an incoming hurdle in his relationship with Lee Hwan as the chart questions, “Unchanging friendship?” Tae Kang closely follows and protects the Crown Prince as his loyal bodyguard.

Our-Blooming-Youth-1-1.jpeg

Diving deeper into the royal family, there’s Lee Hwan’s father who is the King of Joseon (Lee Jong Hyuk), the King’s wife (Hong Soo Hyun), Lee Hwan’s younger siblings princess Ha Yeon (Jung Da Eun) and prince Myung Ahn (Im Han Bin), as well as prince Eui Hyun, who tragically passed away three years ago.

Close to Min Jae Yi are her father Min Ho Seung (Seo Tae Hwa), who has suddenly passed away, and Shim Young (Kim Woo Seok), who is ambiguously described as someone who is like a brother or a secret lover to Min Jae Yi.

Our-Blooming-Youth-2.jpegOur-Blooming-Youth-3.jpeg

With such a diverse cast, “Our Blooming Youth” is raising anticipation for the upcoming mystery story that involves numerous people regardless of status, gender, and age.

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563814wpp/our-blooming-youth-breaks-down-interesting-relationships-between-park-hyung-sik-jeon-so-nee-and-more

*** The drama  "Our Blooming Youth" is spreading abroad. According to Rakuten Viki on January 19th, tvN's "Our Blooming Youth" will be serviced overseas sequentially at the same time as domestic broadcast. It will be exclusively serviced as Rakuten Viki original content in the Americas, Europe, Oceania, and Middle East.  This is great news because Rakuten Viki is a video streaming service that provides Asian dramas and movies and is serving many countries around the world.   :Ohboy3:

photo1615637.jpg

photos source : Hancinema

*** A very sudden & sad news............  Actor Na Chul who starred with PHS in the drama "Happiness" passed away at the age of 36. He was really good in "Happiness." According to reports TODAY, January 21st, he passed away earlier on this day due to worsen health issues. Rest in peace, Na Chul. Too young to go ...... In the drama, he was Na Soo-min, and Na Hyun-kyung's brother.  :weary:  :tears:

1674277671-img-6080.jpg

photo source : allkpop

• Sad 1

*** On January 20, Han Hyo-joo posted this photo with  a caption - "Happy New Year everyone. Have a happy Lunar New Year holiday. I will run hard this year too!”  Because her face was so tightly hidden, it was difficult to recognize her from the outside. She is managing her physical strength by running. Park Hyung-sik, who saw this, said, “Going!!!!!“.   

:shaq:

Han-Hyo-joo-2-20012023-1.webp

Watch: Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Bring Laughs And Ideas To Poster Shoot For “Our Blooming Youth”

Watch: Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Bring Laughs And Ideas To Poster Shoot For “Our Blooming Youth”

Our Blooming Youth” has brought fans to the set of their poster shoot!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.'

In the new clip from the drama’s poster shoots, Park Hyung Sik introduces himself as Lee Hwan, the Crown Prince who receives a letter from a ghost on the day he is officially crowned, which brings upon a mysterious curse. He adds, “I think the story of trying to break the curse will unravel well as he meets Jae Yi so I hope you will really look forward to ‘Our Blooming Youth.'”

Min Jae Yi is portrayed by Jeon So Nee, who explains of her character, “She loses all her family due to an unexpected accident and is being chased following false accusations. With her own strength, she tries to clear her name and enter the palace to create a new identity. She’s a woman living as both Jeon So Nee and Go Soon Dol who’s skilled at many things.”

Pyo Ye Jin appears as Min Jae Yi’s friend and helper Jung Ga Ram. The actress comments, “Ga Ram is someone who is not held back by her status, gender, or difficult situations. I think she’s a character who protects her own life, so I hope you will anticipate and support her lots!”

On his role as Han Sung On, who is Min Jae Yi’s fiancé and Lee Hwan’s friend, Yoon Jong Seok reveals, “Overnight, I lose my fiancée and all the moments I dreamt of come crumbling down. From that moment, I search for my fiancée and slowly start falling out with my closest friend the Crown Prince, so I end up with no one left by my side. Lee Tae Sun describes his character Kim Myung Jin saying, “He’s an incredibly charming character. He has an innocent side and a fiery side, but is a very down-to-earth and genuine character so I hope everyone loves him lots.”

Following their solo poster shoots, the five actors gather together with Heo Won Seo, who portrays Lee Hwan’s bodyguard Tae Kang. As they excitedly prepare to take photos, the cast playfully pokes fun at one another and cracks jokes. After the group photos comes Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s romantic shoot. Park Hyung Sik shares his idea of looking towards Jeon So Nee from behind due to the restraints of his hat, which the photographer readily agrees with.

The next clip features a look at shoots for the drama’s special posters that have yet to be released! The first special poster takes a more serious tone than the cast’s first group photo, raising questions about the concept. The next shoot focuses on Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee, who appear deep in thought as they diligently study various books.

Watch the full behind-the-scenes clip below and see the final posters here, here, and here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BAEXt3vwNA

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be coming to Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564023wpp/watch-park-hyung-sik-jeon-so-nee-and-more-bring-laughs-and-ideas-to-poster-shoot-for-our-blooming-youth

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s Relationship Takes An Unusual Turn For The Better In “Our Blooming Youth”

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s Relationship Takes An Unusual Turn For The Better In “Our Blooming Youth”

Our Blooming Youth” has previewed the ups and downs of Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s relationship in new stills!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of Crown Prince Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) saving Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee) from her false accusation and Min Jae Yi saving Lee Hwan from his curse.

The first batch of photos captures the horrors that Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi are each faced with. Lee Hwan is named the Crown Prince following the death of his older brother Prince Eui Hyun, but on the day he’s bestowed the honor, he runs into an uninvited guest. A ghost containing every curse in the world flies in to the palace like a mysterious arrow and threatens Lee Hwan, saying he will encounter a terrible catastrophe.

To make matters worse, palace officials are displeased with Lee Hwan suddenly becoming Crown Prince, so they criticize his every move and are busy trying to catch him slip up. Lee Hwan’s father, the King, feels oppressed by these ministers, and thus chooses to be equally as critical instead of caressing his son. If these ministers catch wind of the ghost and its curse, Lee Hwan’s title will be in even more danger.

While hiding this deep, dark secret, Lee Hwan attempts to find out who sent him this curse, leading to a dangerous fight in the fragile palace.

Park-Hyung-Sik-2-2.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-3-1.jpeg

Coming from a rich and noble family, Min Jae Yi and her relatives were well-respected by their neighbors – but that all changes overnight. As if watching her family die isn’t enough, Min Jae Yi is falsely accused of murdering them and must run away from her home to escape the authorities. While trying to prove herself innocent, Min Jae Yi disguises herself as a man and wanders across the country.

She eventually finds herself working as a eunuch at the palace. How will Min Jae Yi develop a bond with the Crown Prince and how will he help prove her innocent?

Spoiler

Jeon-So-Nee-1-1.jpegJeon-So-Nee-2-1.jpeg

Although the two are clearly fated, their relationship is not an easy road. In their tense first photo together, Min Jae Yi is frozen with fear as she stares intently at the sword Lee Hwan has pointed at her. After being framed as a murderer, Min Jae Yi decides to run away and disguise herself, but it appears as if the Crown Prince has recognized her real identity.

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-2.jpeg

However, their bond takes an unusual turn when they’re later seen together in the palace. Lee Hwan no longer appears wary or suspicious of Min Jae Yi, who is now a palace eunuch. After she fixes up his clothing, Min Jae Yi serves Lee Hwan tea and remains by his side. Why is the Crown Prince, who is known for his harsh personality, keeping suspected murderer Min Jae Yi so close to him?

Another point of interest is how this duo comes to meet. With Min Jae Yi’s family’s murder case causing a ruckus all across the country, there’s sure to be many risk factors in the palace. Given that risk, why has Lee Hwan allowed Min Jae Yi to follow him around like a shadow?

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-1-1.jpegJeon-So-Nee-3-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-3.jpeg

Start finding out the answers to all these questions during the premiere of “Our Blooming Youth” on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564230wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nees-relationship-takes-an-unusual-turn-for-the-better-in-our-blooming-youth

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On First Impressions, Being Great Acting Partners For “Our Blooming Youth,” And More

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On First Impressions, Being Great Acting Partners For “Our Blooming Youth,” And More

Upcoming fantasy romance drama “Our Blooming Youth” stars Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee have joined Elle Korea for a pictorial and interview!

The pictorial reinterprets the story of the two main characters who become each other’s saviors in the drama through a mysterious atmosphere. In so doing, Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee surprised the staff on site by showing their ever-changing chemistry throughout the filming.

In an interview that followed the shoot, Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Hee, who are of the same age, shared candid thoughts about their first impressions of each other. Park Hyung Sik commented, “So Nee seemed cold at first. But that didn’t last long. Every time we exchanged lines, new sides of her continuously came out. We quickly became friends as we shared our concerns.”

Elle01.jpg

Jeon So Nee also shared her first impression on Park Hyung Sik. She said, “[My impression on] Hyung Sik stayed the same from beginning to end in a good way. He seemed friendly, polite, and professional in what he’s doing, and it turns out that is the case.”

Elle02.jpg

When asked how it was to be acting partners, Park Hyung Sik said, “So Nee has great reactions. Thanks to her, there were points in which I could perform with confidence.”

Jeon So Nee replied, “I feel the same. There was a moment when I could fully focus on my acting thanks to Hyung Sik’s reaction in an unexpected scene. On the first day that I experienced it, I even texted him to thank him.”

Park Hyung Sik recalled, “I remember that. After [we finished filming for] the scene, she suddenly said, ‘Ah, Hyung Sik, that was so great just now.’ I was surprised because it was the first time hearing an actor speak so frankly like this. At that time, I also had the same feelings [as So Nee].”

Spoiler

Elle03.jpg

Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s full pictorial and interview will be available in the February issue of Elle Korea.

Spoiler

Elle04.jpg

“Our Blooming Youth” will premiere on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564294wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-dish-on-first-impressions-being-great-acting-partners-for-our-blooming-youth-and-more

*** I've watched his dramas except for "High Society" and "Strong Woman Do Bong Soon". I feel that "Hwarang" is a little bit overrated. But, it was a good drama. This was the drama where I discovered BTS V.   :twerk2:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 Park Hyung Sik K-Dramas You Don’t Want To Miss

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Whether he’s the playful CEO of a gaming company, the quiet and reliable photographer, or the upright detective, these are just many facets of the versatile Park Hyung Sik, whose personality has impressed viewers on screen.

The actor will next be seen in the much-awaited “Our Blooming Youth” as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, who is under a mysterious curse and realizes that evil prophecies are all coming true. But he could well be saved by the genius Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee), a woman on the run who is accused of murdering her family.

Our-Blooming-Youth-1-3-scaled.jpg

Known to wear many hats such as singer, actor, and performer, Park Hyung Sik’s decade long career in films and dramas comes with critically and commercially acclaimed performances as well as several popular awards. An actor who blends in with his characters, be it ensembles or solo lead roles, is definitely television’s Mr. Congeniality.

Here’s a look at six K-dramas featuring Park Hyung Sik as we await the premiere of “Our Blooming Youth.”

Spoiler

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Strong-Woman-Do-Bong-Soon.jpg

A timeless and an all-time favorite among K-drama fans is “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.” The drama was a complete entertainer that packaged fantasy, thriller, romance, and laugh-out-loud humor.

Don’t go by the petite Do Bong Soon’s (Park Bo Young‘s) delicate frame—she can pack a mighty punch and can spin and throw men twice her size with just the flick of her wrist. Do Bong Soon has a supernatural strength and is recruited by the good-looking and pompous yet goofy Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik), the CEO of a gaming company.

Now the two have a past connection from when the young Bong Soon saved a school bus that Min Hyuk was in from colliding. Though Min Hyuk is attracted to her, Bong Soon is infatuated with her detective friend Guk Doo (Ji Soo). One of the fun moments is when Bong Soon easily carries the drunk Min Hyuk and Guk Doo across her shoulders, muttering to herself as she wonders what she’s doing.

However, Park Hyung Sik makes it easy to fall in love with Ahn Min Hyuk. His boyish charm and childlike humor to being the flirtatious yet super romantic boyfriend make him one of the most delightful male leads.

Start watching “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”:

Watch Now

Hwarang

Hwarang-2-1.jpg

Hwarang, or the flower knights, were part of the Silla Kingdom in the 10th century. They were an elite group of young men from high ranking families well versed in philosophy, religion, and arts and were also martial art experts. The legend of Hwarang has grown and often romanticized in popular culture.

Revisiting the legacy, “Hwarang” is a coming-of-age drama of a group of flower knights who band together to form a new “Silla,” on the way discovering love, friendship, and life. The ambitious Queen Mother Ji So (Kim Ji Soo) has ruled Silla since the passing of her husband and safeguards her son, the impatient Sam Maek Jong (Park Hyung Sik), from the conniving nobles and their schemes. She orchestrates and creates the Hwarang to shake up the nobility.

Leading the corp is the brave and free-spirited Moo Young (Park Seo Joon). Though from a poor family, he is a legendary warrior. Sam Maek Jong secretly joins the Hwarang to eliminate nobles and regain his throne. And Moo Young and Sam Maek Jong are both smitten by the cheerful Kim Ah Ro (Go Ara). There’s also the flirty yet chivalrous Kim Soo Hoo (SHINee’s Minho), the happy-go-lucky Suk Han Sung (BTS’s V), as well as Park Ban Ryu (Do Ji Han) and Kim Yoo Weol (Joo Yoon Woo), each with their own agenda. From boys to men, the Hwarang embark on a journey of self discovery as they fight off political intrigues, battle their fears, and discover love.

However, it’s the brotherhood amongst the boys which emerges as the star of the show.

Park Hyung Sik as an infatuated prince and burdened king-to-be gives an effortless performance in depicting his character’s emotions. He is a complete natural at drawing you into his narrative.

Start watching “Hwarang”:

Watch Now

Happiness

Happiness.jpg

This zombie apocalyptic thriller tells the story of residents in an apartment block who are asked to quarantine at the outbreak of a new infectious virus. Two friends, detective Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik) and Special Unit Officer Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo), are of the many inhabitants of the complex, and they find themselves struggling to bring some order to the building as chaos and the struggle for survival unfold around them.

“Happiness” is a brilliantly crafted drama. It has a compelling story which highlights sociocultural issues but also infuses optimism. Yi Hyun and Sae Bom are busy saving lives, but you also impatiently await a romantic confession from the two. And Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo deliver flawless performances, showcasing their versatility as actors.

Start watching “Happiness”:

Watch Now

“Soundtrack #1”

han-so-hee-park-hyung-sik.jpeg

Simple and straightforward, “Soundtrack #1” revisits the classic question of “can best friends transition to becoming something more than just friends?” Sprightly songwriter Eun Soo (Han So Hee) and photographer Han Sun Woo (Park Hyung Sik) have been friends for nearly two decades. It’s apparent that Sun Woo has feelings for Eun Soo, but she seems blissfully unaware and keeps friend-zoning him. When Eun Soo is told by producer Kang Woo Il (Kim Joo Heon) that her writing lacks depth, she asks Sun Woo to stay with her to help break through her writer’s block.

If he is not wrapping a scarf around her so she does not catch a cold, he cooks and makes orange preserves for her or fixes her bike. Sun Woo is Eun Soo’s safe zone. Though there are times you want to shake Eun Soo to take off her blinkers and see the obvious, you realize that she is scared to lose him. Park Hyung Sik is simply delightful as Sun Woo, bringing forth his character’s affection, jealousy, and hesitancy as naturally as possible. “Soundtrack #1” is a no-fuss and breezy watch.

“Suits”

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik3-1.jpeg

Lawyers Go Yeon Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Choi Kang Seok (Jang Dong Gun) are strictly of the belief that an individual’s life and choices are their own. The Korean adaptation of the popular American series of the same name, “Suits” is perfect if not better than the original. The drama follows the lives of two lawyers Yeon Woo and Kang Seok. Yeon Woo, an exceptionally bright lawyer who has had a rough childhood, is an orphan who has been brought up by his grandmother. He retains optimism despite his tough life. Kang Seok, a senior lawyer who is one of the best in the business, is weighed down by his personal and emotional baggage. But when Kang Seok takes on Yeon Woo in his firm, he sees a reflection of his younger self in the emotional and empathetic Yeon Woo and allows himself to shed extra baggage.

With the brotherhood between the mentor and mentee, the Kang Seok and Yeon Woo bromance is the highlight of the show. Park Hyung Sik delivers a mature performance here, and the proficiency with which he blends in with his character may have you start thinking that he is Yeon Woo for real.

High Society

High-Society-1.jpg

Love across class divides and social statuses remain a huge draw when watching a drama. After all, who doesn’t love a good drama about young love defying the odds, even if it means standing up against parental opposition?

A handsome chaebol named Yoo Chang Soo (Park Hyung Sik) is arranged to marry the rich heiress Jang Yoon Na (Uee), but the twist is that neither of them are interested or want to marry the other. Yoon Na dislikes her wealthy family and hides her identity by working in a supermarket. She develops feelings for Joong Ki (Sung Joon), Chang Soo’s friend, whose only motive is to marry rich. And Chang Soo falls in love with Yoo Na’s friend Lee Ji Yi (Lim Ji Yeon), who is not taken by his wealth. However, their relationship is disapproved by his parents.

Conflicted between his love and family expectations, he hurts Ji Yi, which makes you want to shake him. But when Chang Soo stands up for the woman he loves, you cheer him on. Park Hyung Sik brings out Chang Soo’s confusion with natural ease, and after his performance in this drama, he walked away with applause even though the show may not have scorched the ratings.

Start watching “High Society”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Blob 1

*** Looking forward to this drama. PHS is so adorable. His visual is so great.   :sweet:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Park Hyung Sik Talks About His Leading Role In “Our Blooming Youth”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Hyung Sik sat down to dish on his upcoming drama “Our Blooming Youth”!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

Describing his first impressions of the drama, Park Hyung Sik said, “While I was reading the script for the first time, I found myself falling deep [into the story] before I even knew it. I felt that the script had the power to draw viewers in, and I got really excited as as I wondered to myself, ‘What would it be like when this script is made into a drama?'”

On the character of Crown Prince Lee Hwan, the actor explained that he’d felt pity for the young prince, but had also been taken by his innocent charm and integrity. He compared his character to a bird of many colors, describing him as a mix of innocent, fearful, mature, and playful. In order to portray all of these diverse sides, the actor admitted that he had a lot to think about as he got into character. “I continuously thought, ‘If I were Lee Hwan, how would I feel, and what would I be thinking in this situation?’ I just did my best to stay true to the role.”

park-hyung-sik-1-1-1.jpeg

Of course, this romantic tale wouldn’t be complete without Jeon So Nee, who plays Min Jae Yi. Throughout the series, Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi have many fateful meetings and must save one another.

Park Hyung Sik described their romance by saying, “From the moment Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi meet until the very last moment, watching them feels like watching the four seasons.” He went on to explain that the freshness of spring, the heat of summer, the refreshing cool of autumn, and the cold of winter are all present in the two characters’ relationship.

park-hyung-sik-2-3.jpeg

Finally, when asked about what he thought was the drama’s focal point, Park Hyung Sik answered, “The growth of these young people as they solve and overcome each problem one by one.” Because of this, “Our Blooming Youth” is a series not confined by genre, giving viewers a little bit of everything: from romance, to mystery, to coming-of-age, the drama has it all.

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik-3-2-1536x1024.jpeg

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Check out a teaser for the drama with subtitles below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

Park Hyung Sik sat down to dish on his upcoming drama “Our Blooming Youth”!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

Describing his first impressions of the drama, Park Hyung Sik said, “While I was reading the script for the first time, I found myself falling deep [into the story] before I even knew it. I felt that the script had the power to draw viewers in, and I got really excited as as I wondered to myself, ‘What would it be like when this script is made into a drama?'”

On the character of Crown Prince Lee Hwan, the actor explained that he’d felt pity for the young prince, but had also been taken by his innocent charm and integrity. He compared his character to a bird of many colors, describing him as a mix of innocent, fearful, mature, and playful. In order to portray all of these diverse sides, the actor admitted that he had a lot to think about as he got into character. “I continuously thought, ‘If I were Lee Hwan, how would I feel, and what would I be thinking in this situation?’ I just did my best to stay true to the role.”

park-hyung-sik-1-1-1.jpeg

Of course, this romantic tale wouldn’t be complete without Jeon So Nee, who plays Min Jae Yi. Throughout the series, Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi have many fateful meetings and must save one another.

Park Hyung Sik described their romance by saying, “From the moment Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi meet until the very last moment, watching them feels like watching the four seasons.” He went on to explain that the freshness of spring, the heat of summer, the refreshing cool of autumn, and the cold of winter are all present in the two characters’ relationship.

park-hyung-sik-2-3.jpeg

Finally, when asked about what he thought was the drama’s focal point, Park Hyung Sik answered, “The growth of these young people as they solve and overcome each problem one by one.” Because of this, “Our Blooming Youth” is a series not confined by genre, giving viewers a little bit of everything: from romance, to mystery, to coming-of-age, the drama has it all.

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik-3-2.jpeg

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564319wpp/park-hyung-sik-talks-about-his-leading-role-in-our-blooming-youth

On 1/25/2023 at 9:36 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

tvN drama OurBloomingYouth releases ParkHyungsik and JeonSonee new still cuts!

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. In the stills for this drama, we can feast our eyes on more Park Hyung-shik With the premiere just over a week away, the drama will finally get working on February 6.   :Ohboy3:

• Like 1