Takuya Kimura

Guest KATTK

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks rubes for the Kimura goodies!! <3 I still badly want to see Hero the movie & of course I can't wait for, OMG, I Come With The Rain <333333

2046 is kind of a sequel to In The Mood For Love, definitely not intentional initially. Many people believe that it is but the story for 2046 doesn't directly lead off from ITMFL. The only really main connecting thread is that Tony Leung plays the character of the same name. Obviously the room number, too, but I heard that originally started off more as a joke by chance but then they decided to interlink the 2 movies, & if you watch it, there are alot of cross references. Funny thing is, 2046 actually started filming BEFORE ITMFL did but ended up being finished & released later.

I was trying to add up the number of minutes Kimura Takuya actually appeared on screen for 2046 & I swear it couldn't be more than 10 minutes but still he impressed me, esp given the cultural/language barrier.

Thanks Amethyst for the warm words and jicks for the movie tidbit.

hero07.jpg

Aug 6, 2007 » 5,000 fans come out to see Kimura Takuya and cast for “HERO” press conference » original article

Aug 7, 2007 » 'Hero' starring Kimura Takuya, to change Japanese movie history » original article

Aug 31, 2007 » Time for heroes » press review at Japan Times

Sep 2, 2007 » HERO to be released in various Asian countries in October » original article

Sep 3, 2007 » HERO gets wide Asian release » original article

Sep 3, 2007 » Hero set to open in Japan Sept. 8th » highlight at Lunapark6

Sep 10, 2007 » "Hero" faces no challengers at Japanese B.O. » report at Variety Asia

Sep 11, 2007 » 'Hero' film adapatation a hit in Japan » report at Hollywood Reporter

Sep 26, 2007 » "HERO" still shows its strength » report at Tokyograph

Sep 28, 2007 » Japanese Heartthrobs to Attend PIFF » original article

Sep 28, 2007 » Four stars on the brink of global success » 12th PIFF article at Hollywood Reporter

Oct 1, 2007 » Japanese idol to meet Korean fans » original article

Oct 4, 2007 » 'Hero' to open big in South Korea » report at Variety.com

Oct 5, 2007 » Kimura at Pusan Film Festival » original article » translation at GakinMe

Oct 5, 2007 » Actor Kimura Takuya Reigns in Busan » original article

Oc 5, 2007 » Kimura Takuya in Busan, Korea » original article

Oct 6, 2007 » Hero Review by Variety.com at 12th PIFF

Oct 9, 2007 » He didn't lose his cool » original article

Oct 11, 2007 » Lee Honey Charms 'Hero' Hero » original article

Oct 16, 2007 » Toho celebrates sweetest ever September » report at Variety Asia

Oct 17, 2007 » "Hero" Strikes Box Office Gold » original article

Oct 25, 2007 » 'Hero' offers a captivating tale for Korean moviegoers » review at Korea Herald

Nov 5, 2007 » Asian Movies Dominate Theaters This Week » report at Arirang

Nov 22, 2007 » Kimchi vs Sushi » interesting report at original source

Dec 4, 2007 » Suzuki Masayuki’s “Hero” Review » original report at TwitchFilm

Compilation from EverythingLBH

First time poster here :D I just want to say that I adore this actor, I watched him in Million Star Falling from the sky, Beautiful Life, Pride, Long Vacation, Love Generation, Hero, Hero SP, Good Luck and Engine. He is such a good actor.

Guest exorocide

^lol

Yeah, it doesn't matter which one you start w/, as soon as you watch one, you are DONE!

Anyways, don't know how many of you guys have seen this clip before but I found it on youtube. It's of KT & Choi Ji Woo playing the joker card game & it's freaking hilarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7chGtam0F8

XD

OMG. I watched that like... few years back, and it never failed to make me laughed.

hahahaha. LOURVVEEE that clip.

Takuya's like.. good at almost everything.

^lol

Yeah, it doesn't matter which one you start w/, as soon as you watch one, you are DONE!

Anyways, don't know how many of you guys have seen this clip before but I found it on youtube. It's of KT & Choi Ji Woo playing the joker card game & it's freaking hilarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7chGtam0F8

XD

LOL I SAW IT BEFORE!! SO FUNNY!!! CJW'S ENGLISH IS....KIMURA'S ENGLISH IS BETTER! LOL.

I HEARD SONOMAMA. I GUESS IT'S ALRIGHT.

Guest ...MoMcMaster<3...

wow. finished pride a few days ago!

absolutely loved it<333333

favorite drama of all time now.

ahhh it made me feel things that i've never felt before haha.

i hate watching his dramas though cause i never want to finish them because i don't want to run out of his dramas.

and michtiu 888 i am looking for that same shirt! he looked so cute in it in long vacation.

wow. finished pride a few days ago!

absolutely loved it<333333

favorite drama of all time now.

ahhh it made me feel things that i've never felt before haha.

i hate watching his dramas though cause i never want to finish them because i don't want to run out of his dramas.

and michtiu 888 i am looking for that same shirt! he looked so cute in it in long vacation.

LOL. ME TOO.... BUT SADLY I'VE SEEN THEM ALL. HOPEFULLY, HE'LL HAVE A NEW DRAMA THIS YEAR!! :)

SO WHAT KIMURA DRAMAS HAVE YOU WATCHED SO FAR?? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA WATCH NEXT???

Guest michtiu_888

^ actually i want to ask that too... what else can i watch??? its like after watching PRIDE i had this insatiable want to watch Takuya Kimura jdoramas! yikes!!!!

I first watched PRIDE this January out of curiosity but after that I cant get enough of his jdoramas that I actually watched: Engine, Love Generation, A million Stars falling from the Sky, Beautiful Life, Long Vacation, Hero and Hero SP and Goodluck for the second time.

Long Vacation was the last drama that I watched because I dont really like him being paired with an older lead but then after watching it, OMG! I sooo love him there! He looks so young and hot with that shirt! :sweatingbullets:

I also tried to watch his latest Karei na... (i dont know the whole title) but im a bit disappointed because he looks kinda old there same with HERO SP.. He doesnt look that good anymore in those dramas but well I guess he's really getting older and nothing can stop that. I just wished that he didnt smoke that much although I think he's the sexiest chain smoker in the world. :)

Any idea where I can watch 2046 and Hero the movie?

^ actually i want to ask that too... what else can i watch??? its like after watching PRIDE i had this insatiable want to watch Takuya Kimura jdoramas! yikes!!!!

I first watched PRIDE this January out of curiosity but after that I cant get enough of his jdoramas that I actually watched: Engine, Love Generation, A million Stars falling from the Sky, Beautiful Life, Long Vacation, Hero and Hero SP and Goodluck for the second time.

Long Vacation was the last drama that I watched because I dont really like him being paired with an older lead but then after watching it, OMG! I sooo love him there! He looks so young and hot with that shirt! :sweatingbullets:

I also tried to watch his latest Karei na... (i dont know the whole title) but im a bit disappointed because he looks kinda old there same with HERO SP.. He doesnt look that good anymore in those dramas but well I guess he's really getting older and nothing can stop that. I just wished that he didnt smoke that much although I think he's the sexiest chain smoker in the world. :)

Any idea where I can watch 2046 and Hero the movie?

2046 you can find on crunchyroll.com or veoh.com

From TokyoGraph News (credits to sChiZoO14 @ Asianfanatics):

Kimutaku to play Prime Minister in Fuji TV drama

Mon, February 18, 2008 (9:51pm EST)

kimurafukatsu_190208.jpg

Next season, Fuji TV's Monday night drama will star the ever-popular Takuya Kimura. He plays an elementary school teacher who, due to some circumstances, gets involved in the world of politics and eventually becomes the Prime Minister of Japan.

The show, which is currently untitled, is being produced by Hiroyuki Goto. The script is being handled by Yasushi Fukuda, who has written for popular dramas such as "HERO" and "Galileo." Kensaku Sawada ("Saiyuki," "Hero Special") is directing.

Eri Fukatsu co-stars as Kimura's secretary, an ambitious woman aiming to reform the country. She and Kimura last appeared together in the 2002 drama series "Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi."

The drama starts shooting next month and will begin airing in April.

^^Kimura Takuya & Fukatsu Eri working together again XD ! Plot concept sounds intriguing. Hopefully this time I will get a much more nicely fated ending that Million Stars didn't manage to give me >.< !

---

PS - Does anybody know where I can D/L "Sonomama"? (mp3) Thanks =)

PPS - michtiu_888, maybe give Sleeping Forest or Gift a go. Hero [The Movie] has come off the cinemas only kinda recently so we may have to wait a little while for uploads w/ subs (at least I can't find it yet!)

Also, yeah he is 35 but that's hardly old! Sure he isn't as young as many of the other idols out there nowadays but KT still PWNS them all (IMO) on the charismatic scale. I still think he's as hot as ever <3

omg!!! i'm so excited!!!! new drama!!! a kimutaku drama!!! ahhhhhhh *runs around like a crazy fangirl*

the plot doesn't sound so intriguing though but i mean that's how all kimura's dramas are. they all sound like that have boring storylines but when you give it a try and the next thing you know is you're addicted.

Guest michtiu_888

^im waiting for that one too. that girl Eri Fukatsu is just one of his leads that i like and of course there's Halu-Aki too.

For me Takuya seems to be the Johnny Depp of Japan and I reallllllly love Johnny Depp before but then whenever I try to think about what works/movies he has that impressed me, i cant seem to think of any.... so I guess Takuya is the real deal for me!

Guest Maia-chan

PS - Does anybody know where I can D/L "Sonomama"? (mp3) Thanks =)

Full version of the song is not available yet. The single will only be out on March 5th.

Just finished watching Gift - a really good jdorama plus TK looks so hot and cool in American suit even though he is riding a bike.

I am currently downloading Sleeping Forest in D-addicts unfortunately nobody is seeding anymore I been stuck at 87.8% for a week now.

Wow he has a new series. It sound promising and different like @ 35 a Prime Minister that's a bit young to be a state leader. Looking forward for his next drama.

Guest michtiu_888

^ im currently watching The Gift and i find it quite boring, just trying to hang on a little bit bec Takuya looks so good there...but im getting really sleepy..

Hows the ending anyway?

I think you can also watch A sleeping forest at Crunchyroll. :)

The ending - he is the son of that guy who got the money and he still work as a delivery guy, he got his memory back and he was able to deliver the ring to the girl.

^ im currently watching The Gift and i find it quite boring, just trying to hang on a little bit bec Takuya looks so good there...but im getting really sleepy..

Hows the ending anyway?

I think you can also watch A sleeping forest at Crunchyroll. :)

Archived