[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

The preview gave a brief voiceover of JW threatening MH to take her to court if she used HR again. So we may see a more consistent white knight behaviour from JW oppa. One secret that will make MH go berserk is the fact that she was adopted from an orphanage. HJ should use that to bury her.

The first bit of the preview showed the Chairman looking at HJ's son and saying he resembled DY. HJ must have made that revelation during her interview. Verrrry smart, now we may hear of GOs sightings from the public.

That run in between the mistress and HJ's mum is funny. I would not want to miss the episode which will expose her daughter's boyfriend's secret.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, baduy said:

And here there's a bit of a puzzle. During her previous jail visit, it seemed pretty plain from the dialogue (which was why I quoted crucial words verbatim in the Korean) that MJ's mother didn't know that the child DY was chasing after at HJ's request was his own. But now we have MJ saying to her mother in so many desperate words: 그 사람 자기 아이 찾다가 사고 난 사람 이에요. "He had his accident as a consequence of chasing after his (own) child." and continues "Maybe he knows everything there is to know. So who can say what he'll do to me if he recovers."

Are we meant to think that his is an inadvertant revelation, but he mother takes it solidly on the chin and doesn't reprove her daughter for concealing this fact until now?

I caught that after watching the episode with subs and I was puzzled. Does she or does she not know that that GO is DY's child? or maybe the writer had slipped up. Come to think of it Mdm Kim didn't even flinch when MH told her that HR was JW's child so i don't see why that this should make a difference to her she'll just turn things around to her advantage.

5 hours ago, baduy said:

secret, he can fall back upon the legal adoption papers he acquired, which give him rights in international adoption law that annul those of the boy's birth parents, even if HJ produces her DNA evidence

If the Korean couple adopted GO illegally, then any subsequent adoption or any legal actions by the couple should be null and void. He was not theirs  to begin with. I think Jang's adoption of GO would also be invalid and he probably could be charged with  a much more serious offence because he knew GO's status. Not that I am a legal person but I had many friends at grad school who were law students.:)

Jang was working for MH and GO was adopted through her mother's foundation and of all the Koreans in the US he adopted GO? Any jury would convict him.

Don't forget the prosecutor's office took a lot of documents to prosecute MH's mother, the writer could use a KD miracle and documents regarding the adoption were among those. I told myself to stop thinking, tsk tsk forgot again.

Just now, maribella said:

If the Korean couple adopted GO illegally, then any subsequent adoption or any legal actions by the couple should be null and void. He was not theirs  to begin with. I think Jang's adoption of GO would also be invalid and he probably could be charged with  a much more serious offence because he knew GO's status. Not that I am a legal person but I had many friends at grad school who were law students.:)

Jang was working for MH and GO was adopted through her mother's foundation and of all the Koreans in the US he adopted GO? Any jury would convict him.

Don't forget the prosecutor's office took a lot of documents to prosecute MH's mother, the writer could use a KD miracle and documents regarding the adoption were among those. I told myself to stop thinking, tsk tsk forgot again.

there are necessary documents to complete to validate an adoption, 'why' is the baby being sent for adoption is the number 1 question.  In GO's case, he was sent for adoption because he was kidnapped.  Also, parents willing to have their child adopted should sign the consent for adoption' if GO's consent was signed by a parent, which we all know wasn't signed by HJ, then that adoption would be null.  HJ and DY will have a hard time proving GO is theirs even if they all have the same DNA.  HJ doesn't even have proof she gave birth to GO (birth certificate).  The wild card here is Jang - he is the only person who can verify the boy was taken away from the mother and was sent away for adoption - on orders of MH. 

@imgreatgal

It would not surprise me if Mdm Kim already knew everything. That lap dog father probably told it all and Mdm Kim who just sat back and let things unravel Once they did she knew MH would come to her for advice. Mdm Kim raised a monster in her own image. MH uses HR to benefit herself and Mdm Kim is doing the same thing to MH. She quietly went to jail because in her mind through MH she would rise again once she got out. 

5 minutes ago, viyra said:

HJ and DY will have a hard time proving GO is theirs even if they all have the same DNA.  HJ doesn't even have proof she gave birth to GO (birth certificate).  The wild card here

I am not sure about Korean hospitals, but there must be a record of her giving birth at a hospital. Birth certificates would make legal matters easier but its absence does not mean the courts will not acknowledge a mother's birthrights. In fact nowadays,  most countries have strong family courts and unless, the biological parents are certified unfit, 'stolen' children have been returned to the birth parents. I only knew of one case in real life. From my legal friends, it is not unusual to have babies returned to their birth mothers ( usually) if there is reasonable doubt that she gives up the baby willingly. They said often heart wrenching to see the separation from adoptive parents.

in HJ's case, they could say that the hospital had expunged all records and then turned Jang from a scumbag to a hero. 

After watching Ep 74, I would like to say that I could understand why JW did what he did.

1). JW willingness to help HJ fight against MH and her family. Watching the ep with subtitles, certainly help me understand why JW offered to help HJ. I think I have mentioned before that JW probably felt guilty towards HJ and DY because he did not disclose the identity of GO to HJ before GO was taken away, When JW tried to look for GO after a call, the lady boss of Black Pearl actually told him that it is a fake call and she didn't understand why both JW and HJ fell for those calls. JW told her that the reason he went to look for the child was because he didn't want HJ to waste her time and he wanted to look for GO on her behalf. When the lady boss told him that he had done enough to HJ for hiding GO's true identity by making HJ the director and helping her to have the skills to be at the position, JW actually told her that what he did was not enough. He actually told the lady boss, that it was his fault that GO was taken away again from HJ, and that if he had told HJ about GO, GO will still be with HJ and DY will not have the accident. For that, I am sure JW has conscience and frankly, he will not do anything to harm both HJ and GO.

2) As for some blaming him to falling into the manipulation of MH, I can understand why he tend to fall into MH's trap with every mention of HY. JW had been an orphan ever since and had been living a hard and lonely life after being kicked out of his own house by MH's evil mom. Some mentioned why JW could climbed the corporate ladder since he was so weak emotionally. But I would say that he was not weak. When he had to climb the corporate ladder, he had no concern, and was able to give his all, since there's no one to hold him back. So that's a different issue then the manipulation by MH. After knowing that HY is his biological daughter, that changed the equation. He suddenly realised that he had someone with whom he can worry and need to protect, unlike before. Even when he saw how HY has been well-loved and taken care of by both DY and his mother, still, unless JW is an heartless and evil person like MH, he will still want to make sure HY will not be hurt in any way, even emotionally. Someone mentioned that as compared to the sufferings by GO, it is ok for HY to suffer some emotional pains. However, I don't think that is right too. It is the adults or in fact, only MH's fault, and not that of HY. So why should HY be harm in anyway just because MH was the evil one. To JW, nothing is more precious to him at the moment than HY, he only family in the entire world. So although he truly wanted to help HJ, however, like HJ told him, that each time when she approaches HJ, JW will try to stop it even though he knows that its a manipulation from MH.  So I could understand his moment of folly and not taken it that he was weak. He was also being stupid when he fell for the fake calls about GO. Like HJ told him, that deep down, he knows that MH is manipulating him by using HY. so why did he still fall for MH"s ploy and knowing that she will not harm HY the same way MH harms her son. So I think, it is always easy to point fingers when we are not emotionally involved. After, JW is human, and we all do have our weak moments some point in time, otherwise we are not human. We see in the preview from last night, how JW warning MH not to keep using HY as her pawn.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Execellent Point @maribella No matter what Jang was kidnap and his adoptions is illegal period.. He's a criminal to the end..

2 hours ago, viyra said:

there are necessary documents to complete to validate an adoption, 'why' is the baby being sent for adoption is the number 1 question.  In GO's case, he was sent for adoption because he was kidnapped.  Also, parents willing to have their child adopted should sign the consent for adoption' if GO's consent was signed by a parent, which we all know wasn't signed by HJ, then that adoption would be null.  HJ and DY will have a hard time proving GO is theirs even if they all have the same DNA.  HJ doesn't even have proof she gave birth to GO (birth certificate).  The wild card here is Jang - he is the only person who can verify the boy was taken away from the mother and was sent away for adoption - on orders of MH. 

However, HJ's child has not been registered, and since GO was adopted from Mrs. Kim's foundation, I am sure they would have easily forge documents. Not forgetting, a lot of babies are abandoned by their parents or mothers, and so it will not be difficult to put the baby up for adoption. I am sure, MH could easily made up HJ's baby as an abandoned baby, where there's no way to trace the baby's parentage. That is also why it is so difficult for HJ's mom to find the baby since the baby was not registered. I think even if the baby had been registered, with the system in Korea (as seen in k-dramas), it would have been easy for the foundation to list the baby as abandoned. 

Well, if a child has 99.999% of DNA with both parents, in the court of law, it will not be difficult for them to claim back GO,especially when Det. Jang had only adopted GO not too long ago from the States .Furthermore, there might be still police report from 8 years ago filed by HJ's mom on the lost of a baby (although it has never been mentioned. The mother only mentioned that she had looked for the baby but couldn't do anything because the baby was not registered).  Det. Jang would have a hard time explaining why would he purposely go to US to adopt GO, especially, when it is often the other way round. Furthermore, he did to explain why did he adopted GO and not any other child from US, when I am sure there's also others abused children who were adopted. GO would have told the police or investigators what Jang told him too, that is, to bring him back because of someone. So it may not be that Jang is the wild card in helping HJ claiming GO, but rather, if Jang wants to protect himself and to get out of the rut, then he had better co-operate with HJ and DY then to stand on the same side with MH, since he knows fully well that MH would drop and betray him easily when problems arise.

Jang has four criminal charges on him.

1. Breaking and entering

2. Agrravated assault

3. Kidnapping

4. Forging a legal document

And the list goes on. All of these charges will stick. But I'm skeptical to Korean law because MH instigated these actions will her crime be harsher then Jangs because in this states the book would be throwed at her because she's the mastermind behind it all.. I think she should get more time then Jang if she was in the states she would  

What an excellent move to tell the whole world of her missing son so that more people can help her find GO! Great work, HJ! Smart DY makes sure that his mother is present before he opens his eyes! Secretary Nam is now back to help DY and HJ! 

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Jang has four criminal charges on him.

1. Breaking and entering

2. Agrravated assault

3. Kidnapping

4. Forging a legal document

And the list goes on. All of these charges will stick. But I'm skeptical to Korean law because MH instigated these actions will her crime be harsher then Jangs because in this states the book would be throwed at her because she's the mastermind behind it all.. I think she should get more time then Jang if she was in the states she would  

I agree with you on points 1 &3, but not 2 and 4.. I don't think he had assault anyone so far with the episodes. He had chased after HJ but she got away. So far he had not ill-treated GO too.

As for forging documents, he was not the one who put GO up for adoption. It was MH who did that in only of the earlier episode. He had legally adopted GO from his adoptive parents.

In fact, he had to prove that it was MH who paid him to kidnap HJ's baby, which he needs proof to maybe reduce his sentence. However, he too, should be punished just as severely because he intentionally did harm for the sake of money. So hopefully the fact that she put GO up for adoption, those papers would make her a partner in the kidnapped. But since it is from her parents' foundation, she could easily destroyed the papers.

However, I am wondering since it was MH who did the adoption and handing of the baby, how on earth could Jang knows where to find the boy in the States. Too far-fetched but afterall, it's k-dramas so guess anything nonsensical can happen.

hj but did not succeed

21 minutes ago, seoyounglby said:

how on earth could Jang knows where to find the boy in the States. Too far-fetched but afterall, it's k-dramas so guess anything nonsensical can happen.

Jang is supposed to be well known at finding people, remember that DY had at one time used his services to find HJ. So finding GO wouldn't have been a problem for him. 

@sava2sava @ross27

Since Big Nam is back in the picture, with great remorse, let us hope he has evidence incriminating Jang whom his brother was tailing. Once Jang is caught, MH is next. Their connection is well known.

Granted that KDs make out the authorities to be inept most of the time, I am sure the Korean housewives are rooting for GO to be found and his kidnappers to be punished. The director and writer should better find a plausible explanation for the police to catch and prosecute the criminals. Any excuses of abandoned babies and unknown parentage to allow any Tom, richard simmons or Harry to give them away will not hold water. Babies are not objects to be' finders keepers'. The guardianship has to be assigned to the M foundation by the authority- depending on the country. That means the baby will be registered with certs and identification prints. 

Even orphanages cannot give a child in their keep to adopt out a baby without due process. The only way GO was 'adopted' was due to MH's and her father's hanky panky. So when GO is found and proven to have parents who are claiming him, it will hit the fan and MH's face. 

Let us hope JW stops changing sides now that he is willing to take MH to court over HR. I am getting tired of guessing what he is going to do.

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Jang is supposed to be well known at finding people, remember that DY had at one time used his services to find HJ. So finding GO wouldn't have been a problem for him. 

Agree. But finding HJ is different in that it is in Korea, and also he could track her identity. However, unless he had access to the adoption papers, otherwise, how could he possibly find GO, since he was a nameless boy given up for adoption and unless he knows when GO was officially adopted. Otherwise, he would have to go through a tedious tasks of checking it with the relevant authorities, But from the time HJ was found til the time he went off to US to look for the boy, it was a relative short period, so I wonder how could that be done. Furthermore, if he checked with the relevant authorities, he probably won't be able to get the information of the adoptive parents since it should be confidential. hahahaha..... I still have my doubts 

The live streaming was jumpy for a good part of today's episode.

• HJ's interview went on as planned and at the end of it, HJ spoke to GO, she introduces herself as his mom.
  • Mr Park, SY and MA was watching the interview on TV.
  • MH was calling JW but he was there before she hung up. They spoke for a bit. can't be sure of the dialogue
  • HR watch the interview on TV, she recognize HJ as her 'Appa chingu' MS came in and was about to off the TV but saw HJ talking about GO. 
  • There is a scene of Jang talking to a woman on the phone. He was with GO at the beach. They seem to be getting along and GO doesn't look scared
  • MH goes to see her Mdm Kim, can't be sure what they are conspiring

At this point the streaming was breaking

• There is a scene of Mr Nam going to see DY at the hosp, after that he was with HJ at her office
  • MS is at the hospital but the guards refuse to let her in to see DY. The caretaker called MH. MH rushes over to the hospital
  • Then there is a scene of MH and MS talking to the doctor. Later MS went in to see DY, she was crying and DY held her hand and opened his eyes.
  • MS was at DY's bedside, MH came in, MS was telling her something, can't be sure of it. After MH left, MS talks to DY, she was asking him something and he opened his eyes and answered yes.
  • MH was at home, seems the ahjumma is back, MH was speaking to her and HJ walked in, MH was spooked.

Can't get much from the teaser. There's a scene of HJ having dinner with CDB, the mistress, HR and MH at their home.

29 minutes ago, seoyounglby said:

Agree. But finding HJ is different in that it is in Korea, and also he could track her identity. However, unless he had access to the adoption papers, otherwise, how could he possibly find GO,

Jang has to be resourceful otherwise they wouldn't label him as good.  I think it would have been easier to find your fellow countryman in a foreign land then in Korea. He just need to check the point of entry and then check out  restaurant or shops where Koreans frequents, how many Korean restaurant or shops can there be? 

Archived