[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

A one-minute preview is available: 

Aww! For those of you who haven't seen ep. 18 or 19, might not know the reason behind the present.... 

Spoiler

When TE proposed to FQ, she rejected because she haven't gotten any chocolates, presents or flowers like a normal couple when they dated. The gift fulfilled all the three criteria. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so dense. There must be a time jump since her hair is different. But all the previews showes TE avoiding FQ. So this is for this Friday? The break up has ended?

Yes I am one of the ones guilty of missing like 3 episodes entirely. There wasn't anything I wanted to see.

@ck1Oz You don't need to feel guilty about missing a few episodes. I didn't watch the last one because they failed to meet my expectations. 

I myself have big troubles to see with previews is for which episodes. There have been several times where the previews is not for the next episode. Not to mention they have released a lot previews lately. I hope the last preview is for this week, if not, they are really dragging this out....

New preview: 

Spoiler

TE: I saw FQ. She has a person by her side. I.... I'm happy. 

XB: If you're suffering, forget her. 

TE: I can't. I can't. 

It might be a wrong thread, but I guess most of you are here because for Chris Wu, here is a clip from the (entertainment) news:

It includes clips from this drama, the latest movie and CMs. A short presentation about his acting career, where he had 20 NGs for a sentences with 5 words in the beginning. If someone is interested, I will try to put a simple translation for the clip. 

Omg. You're kidding me. AW is STILL in the picture? That sort of misleading late in the game move is idiotic. I am officially disgusted with the writer. That's so lame. 

By the way who is the actor playing AW? Is he someone famous or something? Or an acting genius who is good enough to generate enough onscreen chemistry to steal the girl? Cos' so far he reminds of a scrawny kid who doesn't look very fashionable, talks a lot, is immature and not someone a girl can lean on. For a rich kid- he can't even potray a privileged aura. Can he?  He reminds of the countless Uni students I see waiting at the bus stops I see around town. Or when I drive to work ( my work is within a University campus). I am Asian and no I am not stereotyping all Asians look the same. My colleagues might do it but not me. He seriously does look like a Uni kid. Definitely not a man.

@angelica101 More annggsttt...TE is making me want to just cuddle him...

@ck1Oz From what I saw on the wiki page, it looks like there have been 4 different writers for this drama. Perhaps that's why we've been seeing such downhill/extension/crazy swings of the plot in the latter half of the drama 

From wiki:

Written by Wang You Zhen 王宥蓁
Zhang Qing Hui 張清慧 (Ep. 4-6, Ep. 15-)
Xuan Huang 玄黃 (Ep. 6-11, Ep. 15-)
Zhan Yun Ru 詹韵如 (Ep. 11-)

So replacement 2 didn't work out got kicked out. Then candidate no 3 came but made a bigger mess so no 4 had to try to rescue it but made such a loveline mess that it all fell apart. So main writer said  " oh for crying out loud I can do it alone" ( ep 12 -14) but separated the lovers. So TV execs put their foot down and said go work with someone. So they begged no 2 and 3 to come back and help.

But separated the plot lines amongst themselves. Hence why everything went even crazier. And the cast ended up with last minute scripts and bonded together with late night drinking. Hence the increased skinship scenes. Cos' it was adlibbed.

Here. How's moi writer no 5? Bwuahaha. I am off to do my day errands now. Ridiculous. I have better things to do with my time. Like checking out why the cutie pie 2nd brother now the boss looks good when he is still. But has a habit of sucking in his lower lip and making him look like SSK  ( sort of profile ). She is in Bride of the water god.

Am currently so addicted to Masked Lover's 2nd leads anyway I just pass by here out of habit. I still have The Best Hit, Forest of secrets, Father is strange and Bad thief, good thief over the weekend. Not watching any weekday dramas.

I actually feel like they are making Chris Wu suffer because he is so good at angsting. But it is not a very nice thing to do. Just because they are unorganised and incompetent. And don't know how to read the audience.

It's confirmed. The next episode will be the last one. 

Spoiler

TE: If my dad murdered your dad, will you still sit beside me like now? 

FQ: Huo TingEn, why are you running away? 

AW: Didn't you say you will fulfil my wish? Then I'll make my wish. 

FQ: Wait!

TE: FQ and I, can't/aren't suppose to be together. Now you know the truth. Now what? 

FQ: You're the one who is leaving. Then you should ask yourself. 

I'm not familiar with any of the writers, expect from no. 4, with have been support for a lot TW dramas the last years, mostly rom-com. 

Yes and yes. I still don't know how and why they would make it so hard for themselves to end this. It seems they are going to make, as I would call it, a "crash-ending". 

New preview: 

Spoiler

Stranger: Miss! Here is your phone. 

FQ: This is not my phone. 

Stranger: Then it must be your friend's. There is a picture of you in the phone. 

TE: Soon, I will not have money to pay for the rent. Don't annoy/follow me. 

XB: I was just afraid that you will worry to much. That's why I'm following you. 

TE: No need. Your phone is ringing. Don't follow me. 

XB: Why are you calling me? 

TE: Why would I call you? Maybe I touched the phone (accidently)...

XB: You are really calling me. 

TE: I lost my phone. 

The whole lost the phone is a little weird. Most people aren't so lucky to meet the person based on the wallpaper.... The writers most be sooo happy to finish this drama and just wrote something. 

I love the actors...Chris Wu especially is killing my poor heart.

But so help me if the writers don't give us a hapoy ending where TE is back together with FQ there will be heads rolling. 

The way it stands I have no idea how they plan on ending this properly tomorrow

There is still a couple hours till the ending will be aired, but the official fb page for this drama has revealed a more detailed description/teaser for the last episode. I'll put a simple translation in spoilers.

Spoiler

As FQ eats the chicken dish she bought from last episode, she knows that the man behind the mask is TE. 

Grandma and FQ mothers finally will have a talk about the situation. FQ mother (kinda) forgives Huo family and tells FQ that the death of her father has nothing to do with Huo family. FQ replies that their breakup has nothing to do with the history. At the same time, TE finds out that the breakup was too harsh (we are one year after the breakup) for FQ and he don't believe that FQ will meet him again. Especially after he say how intimate AW and FQ is. 

AW tells FQ that he is preparing to sue TE for selling their chicken dish

The biggest irritation in this drama is definitely AW.

Thanks for the translation.

Yeah who the heck is the actor playing AW? Why does the writer like the brat? He is not worthy to be a 2nd lead. He is not even swoon worthy or even good looking. Like WHO would want to depend on this sort of petty, long winded, histrionic, dog in the manger attitude guy? He is not even gracious and gentlemanly. He is one of the most irritating useless waste of screen time males. Even a murderous one on a Kdrama is better than him.

It's finally over! I only saw the last part, but I can say *spoiler* ...... it's happy ending. Like many of the comments on fb, the ending is a little bit rushed (as expected). I really need to watch the whole drama when I have time to draw a conclusion whether I like it or not. 

And... I mentioned a few weeks ago that they will have a special thing at the end of the last episode. It's about if FQ's dad don't die, what will happen: 

Spoiler

Text: If FQ's dad didn't die during the car accident....

TE: Hello miss! Do you want to try our chicken dish? 

XB: We have ten different flavours. Pick the one you like. 

Stranger: What are you starring at?!

TE: Nonono! 

Butler: Miss

TE: She (graduated) from Le Cordon Bleu in France. 

FQ: The world of culinary, isn't as simple as you think 

TE: Well, let's compete 

Text: Another war/competition will start soon 

I'm not sure what I feel about this....

I salute your dedication @angelica101. You are not going to really rewatch it are you? I will get to the last episode at some point. I became so fed up with this and another drama that I went back to booksm. And ended up reading 8 novels in 2 weeks. 

It's going to be long while before I will touch another TW again. I feel bad for Chris Wu. He acted his guts out. Are all Taiwan projects so bad that even an experienced actor like him get caught out with the rotating writers? It doesn't happen often right?

Just for the sake of completeness... how old is the actress playing the grandma? She is awfully young.

@ck1Oz for TW Dramas that actually make sense, well written and have more or less  intellegent/mature Characters  Try V-Focus, Masked lover, and Down with Love. 

They  all got WTF moments of course but the writers at least tried....

HAHAHAHA. Wtf moments. Lol.

I switched to Masked Lover a few weeks ago. Can't stand the male lead but totally addicted to the 2nd leads. To the extent I actually followed their FB page. And watch the BTS videos and actors talking videos. Now that's what I call a mesmerising 2nd lead.

It's ok. I am back onto Kdramas and have several hours worth to catch up. I am just happy this ended. I will catch a TW once I see Joseph Chang's name.

Omg that's not a rushed ending it's * can't even describe it * 5 min of reconciliation 2 minutes before ending. And the lines were corny as heck. I am so disgusted with myself for even sticking to this. Chris Wu bettee pick a better project next time. 

The ending was so lame. They might have been going for witty but it is so lame. And AW behaving as if he is so magnimanous just makes shudder. 

I can't understand why they would make such a ridiculous ending when they decided to cast Chris Wu and made him the highest paid actor for a TW. I just don't understand. 

I will rewatch the drama, but not now. I have only Masked Lover and My strange Father left. While waiting for Age of Youth 2, I'll keep myself busy with the 10+ books I bought without having the opportunity to read them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived