[Drama 2017] My Secret Romance 애타는 로맨스

czakhareina

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember now who reminded me of SH in these pics - a young Tony Leung, a great Hong Kong actor. Just in the face as TL is not tall and not as muscular..lol, I guess there isn't much of a comparison after all.

Here's the English subbed version of ILA clip that @raqlobster posted. The trainer is getting popular - so funny.

btw, the 2nd and 3rd episodes with SH got the highest ratings for this show since it's inception. Even tho there were others on the episodes, like Henry, I'd like to believe it had to do with SH being on, since Henry has appeared on previous episodes. By comparison, the previous highest rated episode was the one with Kim Sa Rang (model, actress; Secret Garden) with 9.4% whereas the ones with SH were 11%. 

I've only seen clips so far of the recent episode of I Live Alone but it looks so funny.  His personal trainer is hilarious and takes good care of him.  Boy, can he eat a lot.  Watching him eat made me hungry too.

Sung Hoon appeared on MBC's Section TV this weekend too.  He's eating again. 

Hello babies! 

I think we are spoiled due to the influx of news coz to his Taiwan fanmeet. Let me break it down... 

1. Taiwan Fanmeet... I tried to watch the press con the day before the fanmeet. I think its hosted by KKTV, the cable station/channel (?) that aired MSR in Taiwan. I tried as there is a translator... but just the way the MC ask question in the typical Taiwanese challenging style... hence its quite hard to focus...

Sharing the full unsub presscon from KKTV FB page if anyone is keen before link disappear. 

Spoiler

From what I can understand, please do not take this as actual translation... Some of the questions asked;

- Is it his first time in Taiwan? (Yes, heard about Taiwan from his China drama co-star and Taiwan has delicious food!) 

- Can he act out(the MC actually ask to him act a line or strike a pose as a director...) or if he like Cha Jinwook character? (No he is not, he is more introvert in real life, more shy)

- How is he shy, he is a kissing master... (no he said he is not like that in real life, as in he doesn't kiss like that but director film it prettily).

- Is there NG for the kiss scenes in MSR (he said hardly...)

- MC told him that MSR is very well received when it aired on KKTV, most watched (highest ratings) for six weeks(?)

- Sung Hoon is thankful for the support.

So far some of the notable interviews he has done includes;  

- Vogue, Marie Claire - I think these are for fashion shoot.

- Next Digital - Next Magazine online platform. 

- Idol of Asia (if I am not wrong) - the one where he was trying out food at the night market shoot. (If my memory didn't fail me... he was interviewed solo during MSR promo period as well by this program). 

The V Live before fanmeet... when I see him teasing his stylist or coordi... its so him... Ah... so the boyband that has been supporting him is The King... I was just googling on them... they actually debuted in 2014. Really hope they get the support they need for a comeback since they are so many boybands (and girl groups) these days that the music industry in Korea is really really tough to promote... Hwaiting! 

And yes... the trainer was in Taiwan also... omg... I think he might be their Stallion Ent. in-house trainer or at least commissioned to train Stallion Ent. stable of artistes. 

2. I Live Alone

Really... if Henry is a strange child... Sung Hoon is really a strange guy... (oh they actually recorded their studio session separately, actually thought this episode would be hilarious if they recorded together, not that they are not already hilarious on their own...) I am also convince, he is part fish or is a merman as he ace water sports so well... 

I was actually surprise though that he had a cute tiny car. I thought he would be the kind that drive a tough SUV or something... Like how they tease his car is similar with Hyun Moo... And how did he even park his car that he enter from the passenger seat?! Also when he was butchering the songs on the radio... the cast asked him whose songs did he sing and he replied but when it cut to the MV of the singer, I am like omg sweetie it does not sound like that at all lol... (But him singing "Nothing Is Easy" at the fanmeet is really good! *heart eyes*)

I was so happy to see him eat. (and the cast losing their mind coz of the delicious food). Partially frighten also as its almost food fighter level lol... And his scary trainer... omg... I kinda chuckled when he can't focus when Jieun "Same" was played at the gym... Sung Hoon... were you channelling Cha Jinwook at that moment? But the way Sung Hoon is trained, I don't think anyone can't blame him for disliking to work out. I mean its almost like he is in the Marines.

@fashiondream in term of timeline, I don't think the trainer was the manager/representative that Sung Hoon talked about in Strong Heart. He mentioned in his very first episode of I Live Alone, he only met the trainer 4-5 years ago when he was at a low point of his acting career. (Strong Heart was in 2011). I think I kinda know which manager you are referring too, the one that is always with him. (One of them also appear in Secretly Greatly, I remember there was 2, or one of them was the trainer). 

And hurray for the continuous good ratings... when they intro him as new member... I really do think that Sung Hoon might be appearing intermediately, not every episode, but every other episode or every 2-3 episodes. Till he get cast in a new project... I will take this! 

3. Surprise! 

Spoiler

Not too sure what is this... I dunno talking about his recent success or about MSR, but it keep referencing New Tales of Gisaeng? He is eating again! SO CUTE! (Hope it will be subbed since its a short interview). Edit: Oh @kodomonojikan also posted above. 

Spoiler

That smile tho:wub:

Hi all!

From Taiwan concert. Does anybody know what the song being sung is? I think I've heard SH sing this song even prior to MSR. Anyway, I love it and was hoping to find the original.

Spoiler

@Porcelain BabyThanks for posting the press conference link.Wow, so many press there. Is the Idols of Asia the same as the MTV one? I saw the clip back stage before start of concert where he and the stylist seem to be playfully fighting or teasing over something and then he strokes back of her head gently (maybe to apologize?). I think she has been his stylist for a while now so must be like family, just like the rest of the staff. Yes, I misunderstood what you were saying before about the manager mentioned in that show. Yah, he did do a Idols of Asia interview solo for MSR promos, with a male interviewer - one of the best interviews, IMO. I hope the Marie Claire and Vogue interviews included photo shoots which will appear in the magazines.

I Live Alone - yah, would have expected a SUV too but I love Mini Cooper - it's my dream car to own. I test drove one a few months ago and it looks like SH's car is the Countryman model which is the largest style they have. Surprisingly, the car is far roomier inside than it looks, so I think SH can comfortably drive it, even with his long legs. So funny that he got the same color as Hyun Moo except SH's not a convertible. So funny that Hyun Moo loves to see when SH fails at something.  I am really sorry if you are a Henry fan, but I prefer seeing SH on this show on his own; I feel like I see more of his true self when he's doing stuff by himself.

In that Section TV interview you and kodomonjikan posted, I saw some subbed clips on IG earlier today but now so many IG posts later, cannot find - when the host brought up the "cheeken", SH said he actually knows how to spell quite a lot of English words but he was nervous on camera and forgot. On this same interview, he was eating Japanese food like tempura and sushi and honestly, he eats like a 5 year old, stuffing his cheeks and all...I say that with love of course, LOL. I guess this is why he has to work out so hard - otherwise,...oh, gosh, can you imagine?

Pic from Brothers in Heaven

@kodomonojikanI logged in at the right time! - thank you very much for identifying the song:heart:. wow, so it is their original song? They are really good. I should have said in my earlier post that SH was singing along with them, not that he was singing the lead. Also, I have to rewatch that episode as I had no idea it was played in the drama.

No idea what he's saying except Thank you and I think bless you, but too cute not to post.

I think this was posted before eons ago but brings back nice memories. Host asked both of them for song recommendations . SH said "Don't Lose weight" by Soran. Not sure whether Jieun also gave a song recommendation as it's not on this clip.

Spoiler

Soran MV. It's a catchy song. SH said he likes EDM (electronic dance music) so I was expecting something else, lol.

Hi babies... the almost midweek... its just Tuesday and I am so done with the week lol... 

@fashiondream Yes I was quite sure there would be loads of coverage when he goes to Taiwan, even more so than Thailand, more that we can keep up, as that's how their entertainment scene is like... Hopefully, we have subs soon for some of the interviews which he did, if not at least pretty pictures for us to see, especially those fashion magazines. 

I think so too that him and his stylist are close...  I think overall his agency is quite close? He should be a fun oppa to hang around with... someone whom you know will guarantee tease you all the time. 

I saw one of the IG clip... The Idol of Asia interview where he was eating food at the night market... midway... there was police clamping down on the stall owners... I suspect illegal stall owners and Sung Hoon was distracted by the commotion and was like... "is this normal? Are they okay?" And the MC and guide/local manager was like... "yeah it happens, its common, they'll take as short break... ". (I assume, before resuming business when the coast is clear or when the police leaves) So its interesting but like @raqlobster mentioned, it's situations like this that does forewarn a stampede which can be scary but glad he is safe. 

ILA... yups the car looks roomy, but just find it tiny coz Sung Hoon is tall lol....... I kinda watch ILA now for the cast even if Sung Hoon does not appear, was watching some past episodes... its the banter of the cast in the studio session that makes it so funny... Hyun Moo caption was the best "his pain is my joy" and its really cute to see his contrasting reaction from Narae, as he is all for Sung Hoon to fail and Narae was caring and keep asking if it hurts. 

Oh no, I am glad Henry and Sung Hoon each recorded their studio session separately... But I wonder what comments they will have for each other given their close friendship. 

Section TV interview... is he sure he knows how to spell chicken lol... I am teasing with love... ya when he eat he has a habit of stuffing his face, so he looks collectively like a squirrel saving food for winter and at the same time he looks like a very hungry hamster + raccoon put together... It really scare me when he was stuffing his last bit of food when the trainer caught him in ILA. And he was so cute when he show his trainer his stomach... "Look, I am this full!" and when he ask Wilson during his interview what did Wilson ate and touch his tummy... ahahaha so cute... If Wilson was real... I don't  think he will like that. But when the trainer was tough and Sung Hoon was like... "I have my glasses on, you can't beat/whack me"... Ok... I hope the part about the trainer wanting to get him good is just tough love and not really action on him. Else that is not pleasant at all. 

About him looking like Tony Leung... whom I am a great fan of one... but there are 2 Tony Leung in HK. Lol.

Instead... some angle of Sung Hoon... reminds me of a famous China actor... whom name eludes me now... 

Oh and Sung & Song Couple Youtube channel sub Jieun appearance on Hongki's - Kiss the Radio! (use to be obsessed when Suju used to host it). As far as Jieun activities goes... that is her only appearance so far? 

The song is by The King? It sounds good... hope they have a comeback soon...  but there are way to many groups now... they really need something to breakthrough the clutter... 

And is it his complex or something about his weight? So they recommended the song in MILK TV interview as well? Wasn't he like singing along in ILA... 

Mentioned this before but really good to know that the ratings for Sung Hoon's and Henry's segments of ILA, last Friday's episode, got highest ratings

Hoping to see soon the whole subbed Segment TV interview. This clip shows just a bit of it, towards the end. (the interview with SH/JE took place before SH moved into his new place (in June?).

I wonder where the next stop of SH's fan tour is?

@Porcelain BabySH has to watch his weight for his career but I don't think he particularly has a complex about weight. He knows it's necessary for his work. I think he said he liked that song because of the message it gives to women about the social pressure to be slim in order to be considered pretty. Maybe he recommended that song because his fans are women and girls. I think I saw in another clip of that interview that Jieun's song recommendation was something like Opa Opa? I think the trainer is all about tough love...I think he is tough but don't think he is like, sadistic...he makes SH laugh a lot so I think it's a tough but fun relationship.

Hello!

I think MSR is showing now in Thailand (local channel) the voices were dubbed. Just saw it in mini clips in ig.

SH's fan meeting still on going and he has 11 more countries to visit, right? I'm guessing he's going to be asked again about the car scene, other kiss scenes, and if he can sing Same again lol I hope he doesn't get tired of this.

I cannot remember if this was posted here. I'd like to share this Kim Lip audio of Twilight. SJE co wrote the song, she mentioned this during her V Live after MSR fan meeting.

https://youtu.be/AYrFwHMoBt

And I think the song Tell Me by JE is supposed to be included in her or Secret's album to be released second half of this year. But still no news from the agency.

Here's the full Tell Me youtube audio.

https://youtu.be/NiMw0ww5Esk

If the song hasn't been relased yet then this must be leaked.

I haven't watched the full ILA eps yet (Narae summer school, SH surfing/gym). Hope to see it this weekend.

Hi babies.... hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend... 

Ahh... all the BTS make me miss the drama so much... 

@fashiondream my rough translation for that instagram post that everyone was laughing at the end...

MC started by saying the PR (I think more like the translator) remark that this is meant to be answered later... 

Sung Hoon said that if anyone ever "sit" in that car, will know that you cannnot have big movements (translation by another poster previously in another interview earlier in the thread as "quake" as in earth quake or like shaking/vibration during the ONS car scene) as the car is small.

And I think the MC was like , "oh no... we didn't "sit" before and we are pure/inexperience...." 

*ok there is dual meaning for the word that can be translated... it can be translated as "sit" or "do". "Sit" as in sitting down or "do" as in well... doing it. 

And then muffled muffled... bla bla... 

And Sung Hoon (and translator)  was like, "there are mommies here that brought their kids(meaning the audience)... and no.... "experience"? Can't be... "

Cue - everyone laughs... 

And there we have it... they were talking about the ONS and well.... they were insinuating erm...ahem ahem.... so... hahaha........ you get it! Taiwanese media is challenging. We didn't know Sung Hoon can be this naughty did we?

Oh yeah... it seems Stallion Ent, had some workshop/(MT) 1-2 days ago... I think they did some watersport and Sung Hoon was dj-ing as well. 

TS is debuting a new boy group... Sonamoo made a comeback... when is Secret getting a comeback... at times like this... I do wonder what idols with downtime like Jieun is doing...

@Porcelain BabyAppreciate you much for translating the clip:).

Like @raqlobstercommented in a previous post, I wonder if SH will get tired of the same same questions being asked during his fan meets since he has several more coming up; I think Hong Kong is the next stop but not sure of the date. He'll have had a lot of practice with giving answers by now :D.

Missed seeing SH on ILA this week. Hope he'll be on more episodes - looks like it since they called him the new member

Looks like some new photos to look for in this Korean magazine (seems to be a lifestyle type of magazine, aimed at dog lovers?)

Checked the magazine's website but this issue isn't on there yet

http://www.lifeanddogue.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=03_02

Archived