[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

...and when he was looking at her postcard :(

It's not just here...i noticed it back there in SH already

She will be herself...but she needs time and his actions to understand he likes her anyway...she needs to embrace what she's been talking to the girls that real beauty is inside...and the truth is he started to change to her when he noticed she's been working hard and is a good daughter

Was sorry twds him when he tried her to rest a while and she took it wrong and didn't want him to pay...can't wait when she and her dad realize who and why did give him money that time

yes, I really want to know where his mother and why did she leave and looks like she never cameback and his only contact to her was her postcards?!! 

well I loved them there and that's what got me here so I agree with you!! :D 

yes, it's like all she was saying was to convince herself that she's nothing less than the gymnastic girls but she doesn't believe in her words herself, good thing is that Joon Hyung will chose her over his ex who is a gymnastic and pretty girl because she's a good and pretty girl as she is!! ;) 

yes, his intention was good but he gave the wrong impression which was sad and like you I can't wait for them to realise who he is and what/why he did give the money!! 

@sakura2016 just came to my mind ...when i wrote the first post here i thought will be just a word or two...seems i have a lot to say...pretty much work gave us those two pretty babies right? ;)

Now that i think about there is not one person that i don't like here...well that jelaous swimmer is something but have a feeling they'll become friends at the end as well

2 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

@sakura2016 just came to my mind ...when i wrote the first post here i thought will be just a word or two...seems i have a lot to say...pretty much work gave us those two pretty babies right? ;)

Now that i think about there is not one person that i don't like here...well that jelaous swimmer is something but have a feeling they'll become friends at the end as well

right!! ;) I was surprised when I 1st checked on this thread seeing only 8 pages but I'm happy that the thread is having some new members and that we're sharing our love for this cute and heartwarming drama!! :) 

do you mean the jealous sunbae or the swimmer?!! well I hope so because they are still young and spending their lives on jealousy is a sad thing for them but they (namely the sunbae) better back off from my little kid!! :angry:

I think that even the gymnastic girls can be a little hateful but I'm happy to see Bok Joo being strong against them and protecting her hoobaes from them!! :D 

META
Beans of Wisdom: Korean lessons and superstitious doctors
by DB Staff | November 20, 2016 | 17 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/beans-of-wisdom-korean-lessons-and-superstitious-doctors/

Imbuk writes in “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju: Episode 1” comment #39:

This is by far the most interesting thing for me right now, in this drama. The choice of sports for the women, Whereas gymnastics makes them look more feminine, weightlifting makes them looks masculine. The fact that the gymnasts tease the weightlifters about their body only cements the truth (which most times we don’t acknowledge) that some women themselves don’t accept it when species of their own gender break from the stereotypes and see it as a cause for ridicule. If we do that, how can we expect the members of opposite gender to not do the same thing? I hope the show delves into this conflict more and shows that its not how she looks (either too feminine or masculine), but who she is In her heart that matters.

I believe that's what we will have!! :D 

While ilikehim asks in comment #34 of “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju: Episode 2”:

Am I the only one super fixated on the fact that it flashed back to their childhood…and it was 2005?! 2000-friggin-5 and they were little tiny children. Talk about about feeling old!

No? Just me in my quarter life crisis? kthanksbye.

Don’t worry, it’s not just you!

hhhhhhhhhhhh I was 16 years old when they were that little?!! OMO!! 

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching
by DB Staff | November 19, 2016 | 143 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-26/

javabeans

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju: It’s too bad it’s up against such stiff competition, because this is a charming little coming-of-age show, and I think it’ll continue to be both charming and little. I can’t begrudge Legend of the Blue Sea for taking most of the attention and ratings (I really enjoyed that show too, and thought it was deserving of its ratings), but it just means Bok-ju will be our scrappy underdog fighter, which seems fitting.

girlfriday

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju: I’m always happy to have another feel-good campus drama in my life, and this one is buoyed by a very cute heroine and some great friendships, and driven by a classic underdog theme. I like Lee Sung-kyung as this character, even though she still looks like a model to me, and while I have yet to really warm to Nam Joo-hyuk in anything, I much prefer his lighter side in roles like this than his attempt to be dramatic in Moon Lovers. *shudder*

tineybeanie

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju: Hallelujah~ a sports youth drama with a funny plot and a cast of competent actors. This is an absolute gem! For the first time, I’m totally digging Lee Sung-kyung and her band of weightlifting musketeers. The whole gymnastics vs. weightlifting feud, I get it. It’s like the traditional schoolwide rivalry between the cheerleaders and math nerds except on an Olympic scale (and yes I was a math nerd so I get to say we’re nerdy). I was surprised to find the drama so likable. It’s airing at the same time as Legend of the Blue Sea (which is the heavily promoted blockbuster fantasy-romance drama by SBS), so I don’t expect the ratings to be amazing, but watchability-wise and plot-wise it seems like Weightlifting Fairy is off to a solid start

41 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

right!! ;) I was surprised when I 1st checked on this thread seeing only 8 pages but I'm happy that the thread is having some new members and that we're sharing our love for this cute and heartwarming drama!! :) 

do you mean the jealous sunbae or the swimmer?!! well I hope so because they are still young and spending their lives on jealousy is a sad thing for them but they (namely the sunbae) better back off from my little kid!! :angry:

I think that even the gymnastic girls can be a little hateful but I'm happy to see Bok Joo being strong against them and protecting her hoobaes from them!! :D 

Yes, we have more and more new members cheer1 onion headon this thread which is really good. The more, the better! cheerleader pink mouse

Maybe his mother left him due to her work and she died faraway or she was just ambitious.

As for the ex-girlfriend SH, I had the impression that they had broken up because of her career. She changed her university in order to enter the national team, but realised that she was missing her ex so much so that at the end, she failed. Thus she came back and is trying to rekindle with him, regretting her decision of leaving him behind for her sport career.

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, we have more and more new members cheer1 onion headon this thread which is really good. The more, the better! cheerleader pink mouse

Maybe his mother left him due to her work and she died faraway or she was just ambitious.

As for the ex-girlfriend SH, I had the impression that they had broken up because of her career. She changed her university in order to enter the national team, but realised that she was missing her ex so much so that at the end, she failed. Thus she came back and is trying to rekindle with him, regretting her decision of leaving him behind for her sport career.

yes I'm happy for that!! :D

I don't think she died, as I remember the jealous sunbae was teasing Joon Hyung that he could have gained enough money to travel to his mother and that cause him a stress attack plus his cousin wouldn't bring her like that (asking Joon Hyung if he misses her) if she is dead so I think she left for her career or something like that!! 

yes I think so too!! she told him that she came back for him so most likely they broke up for her career but she regreted it after that but that came late!! 

cr:  owner

cr:  weightliftingfairyupdates

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

12 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

yes I think so too!! she told him that she came back for him so most likely they broke up for her career but she regreted it after that but that came late!! 

Agree they broke up coz of her career...but i don't think her missing him caused her failure...and she came back coz she didn't entered the national team....not coz of him...but he can be again nice comfort...well, unfortunatelly things can't start on again at a point she left him and she'll learn that soon enough

21 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Sorry ;) Cheese In The Trap 

ah.. i see... i saw that comment somewhere before.. :)

20 hours ago, outofspace said:

I hope that positive word of mouth can help this drama, and I look forward to all of us sharing our thoughts and feelings here. \^0^/

Yes, outofspace... let's hope, positive word of mouth can help this drama.... Fighting! :D

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Agree they broke up coz of her career...but i don't think her missing him caused her failure...and she came back coz she didn't entered the national team....not coz of him...but he can be again nice comfort...well, unfortunatelly things can't start on again at a point she left him and she'll learn that soon enough

well I think that it can be that she lost her concentration because she regretted their break up and that lead to her not making it to the national team, like she kept failing while training after meeeting him!! but like you sad things can't go back to how it used to be only because she's back now!! 

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Sorry guys...but have to get back to this...

...and it was funny...but if she continues this way...nccc...bruises will be all over his great body :o :P

yes, that would be bad!! :P:lol: poor kid, I felt sorry for him when she kept hitting his arm!! :lol: 

FACT

The word Taereung keeps mentioned by the athletes and SH (JH's ex girlfriend) was said to come back from there.  So I looked it up. 

The Taereung Training Center is now recognized as the only comprehensive training center in Korea. As a sports arena for members of national sports teams and athletes participating international sports competitions, as well as for ordinary citizens, it is contributing to the popularization of sports in Korea.
The establishment of the Taereung Training Center was initiated by Min Gwan-sik, then president of the Korea Sports Council, with the goal of reinvigorating Korean sports following the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. Located in Gongneung-dong, in Nowon-gu, Seoul, the Taereung Training Center started out as a few buildings for members of Korean sports teams, but was expanded into a large-scale sports facility on about 3.6 million square feet of land over the next 50 years. The training center laid the foundation upon which Korea raised its status in various international sports arenas. Preserving the historical and cultural values of Korean sports, the Taereung Training Center is a space where the traces of the dedication and hard work of countless national team members remain to this day. Since its opening, the training center has been recognized for its central role in the development of sports in Korea and selected as a “Future Heritage” of Seoul in December 2014. The restoration of a world heritage site that humanity is responsible for preserving and handing down to future generations and the preservation of the sports facilities that have served as the heart of Korean sports are two challenges that must be confronted and overcome by not only cultural and sports circles in Korea but all Korean citizens as well.

Taken from http://english.seoul.go.kr/taereung-training-center-heart-korean-sports-2/

@zagigirl The reason I said that the breakup affected SH much more than expected was that she looked at a picture of her with JH, just before she entered the competition. So to me, it seemed that she was missing him. Deep down, she was regretting it, even though she didn't express it herself. Moreover, why did she change the university? I mean, just because she failed didn't imply that she had to leave T. training center.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@zagigirl The reason I said that the breakup affected SH much more than expected was that she looked at a picture of her with JH, just before she entered the competition. So to me, it seemed that she was missing him. Deep down, she was regretting it, even though she didn't express it herself. Moreover, why did she change the university? I mean, just because she failed didn't imply that she had to leave T. training center.

Sorry...i somehow thought that she looked at his pic after she failed...that she was disappointed so became nostalgic and looking what she lost for nothing...then decided to go back...will rewatch to get back to right track ;)

To tell you the truth i would prefer if she is sincere and fight with BJ fairly...then eventually finds another worthy guy...lets say JH good friend might be just right for her :)

Archived