[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhh yeah they missed seeing our handsome Goblin!! :lol: 

@sakura2016 I think Kimshin needs to make a cameo in Ruler... and appear in front of those clowns...  preferably with our dear Grim Reaper too to boot... hahahahhaha

Hello my chingus! So good to know I will be waking up to new episodes tomorrow. 

I, too, do not think it was CP who killed GE's dad. And I too think it was the knee pad eunch. And, from reading one of our posts here from someone on analyzing the facial features of our CP and executioner (well done, I was amazed by the details :wink:  I have to backtrack to see exactly who it was lol ) but I don't think it will be our CP. Because if it was, he wouldn't be out observing our GE like I saw in the preview. 

I have a feeling we are going to have to prepare ourselves for a dreadful and angst episodes. The execution is coming up and I can already see all the misunderstandings about to happen. From the stills, it seems that GE is practicing swords-cutting. To kill the CP I think, hence the capture by the guards. And our CP pleading. Man, being royal can be such a pain.

I have a feeling this will be me tomorrow, watching my OTP (CP+GE)

watery_eyes_supernatural1.gif

Please let me be wrong.

@cynkdf Hi Chingu! I like the name 'Masqueraders' too. Let's see if everyone else likes the name for us posters too :D

@sakura2016 Was it you who helped me with the posting image question, chingu? If so, thank you. I hope I did it correct. I saw on the forum questions that I can just copy the image and press Ctrl+V to paste it here. It seem to have worked on my other posts. So I hope it works on here too. Btw, I see that you are also following Suspicious Partner. I am there too :wink:

@bebebisous33 Hi Chingu. It's so good to see you here. I don't think you know me, but I know you. From the Goblin thread :) (you did post there, right? ) I loved reading your posts and thoughts. And now, we are here too. Let's have fun spazzing :D I will be sure to give you my feedback this time around. I always loved reading your insights.

I prefer the second lead female she looks more mature.Although her role is the obsessed type. KSH is more like a sister to YSH she's just too young.Don't get me wrong that's just my opnion.

Me :: Hey hun, can you do the Wed-Thurs bedtime story instead?
Hubby :: That's random. Why?
Me :: Because I gave birth to him? Remember my painful 12-long-hours labour? I gave birth, you read book.
Hubby :: Uh uh, it's not that. It's bigger.
Me :: What could be possibly bigger than THAT?!
Hubby :: You said Wed-Thurs. It's specific. It requires time. You are committing to something. And that something happens only Wed-Thurs. Come on, I'll find it out one way or another.
Me :: Urgh! I really don't want to tell you this. Fine. KDrama.
Hubby :: Hah! I knew it. Play by?
Me :: The girl, Goblin sister teen version. You like her.
Hubby :: I do. The boy?
Me :: YSH.
Hubby :: Who?
Me :: Little So Ji Sub.
Hubby :: Nice. Plot?
Me :: Sageuk. Moon-Sun kinda way. 
Hubby :: This is getting interesting. Politics?
Me :: Plenty. And no cross-dressing.
Hubby :: OK I'm IN! It starts tonight you say?
Me :: Errrr, they already aired 4 eps. Tonight is the 5th.
Hubby :: FOUR?!!! And you watched them? Without me? This is it. My marriage is a lie. 
Me :: Oh come on! It's technically 2 hours :tongue:
Hubby :: You watched behind my back.
Me :: So about the bedtime story....
Hubby :: It's decided. We're giving him up for adoption.
Me :: Heol.

Lol~ Can't wait for tonight :)

OST part 2 official MV

Danger Lies Ahead For Kim So Hyun In “Ruler: Master Of The Mask”

kim-so-hyun2.jpg

It looks like a darker side of Kim So Hyun’s character in “Ruler: Master of the Mask” will be revealed in the drama’s next episode.

Kim So Hyun plays the role of Han Ga Eun, a kindhearted and bright woman. However, in the new preview stills, she is showing a side of her that’s 180 degrees different from what viewers have been seeing until now. She has a serious and determined expression on her face while holding a sword in her hands. In one photo, she is held down by force and has a number of swords at her neck, causing viewers to wonder what led up to such a life-threatening situation, and what will happen afterwards.

This scene was filmed on March 6 in Mungyeong, North Gyeongsang Province. It was Kim So Hyun’s first sword scene in the drama, and it was revealed that she worked hard with the martial arts team to master pulling the sword out and wielding it.

The production team explained, “Han Ga Eun will be shown in a new light through Kim So Hyun’s sword scene. This will mark the beginning of an unexpected suspense. Please watch today’s episode to find out what will happen to Kim So Hyun.”

The next episode of “Ruler: Master of the Mask” will air on May 17 at 10 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/17/danger-lies-ahead-kim-hyun-ruler-master-mask/

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

No, no, no... Can we please at least have one episode (day) of sweet bonding scenes between our OTP first? before the capture and execution of GE's father? Can that be in tomorrow's episode instead? I'm not yet looking forward to the execution and revenge part.

don't think so!! things got complicated already with our Crown Prince and Lee Seon being surrounded by Pyunsoohwe group's men and not enough time to have sweet bonding scenes for our OTP!! *sigh*

9 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

OST part 2 teaser

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

love the 3 OST's we got to hear till now!! :wub: 

2 hours ago, azuwaza163 said:
Spoiler

Me :: Hey hun, can you do the Wed-Thurs bedtime story instead?
Hubby :: That's random. Why?
Me :: Because I gave birth to him? Remember my painful 12-long-hours labour? I gave birth, you read book.
Hubby :: Uh uh, it's not that. It's bigger.
Me :: What could be possibly bigger than THAT?!
Hubby :: You said Wed-Thurs. It's specific. It requires time. You are committing to something. And that something happens only Wed-Thurs. Come on, I'll find it out one way or another.
Me :: Urgh! I really don't want to tell you this. Fine. KDrama.
Hubby :: Hah! I knew it. Play by?
Me :: The girl, Goblin sister teen version. You like her.
Hubby :: I do. The boy?
Me :: YSH.
Hubby :: Who?
Me :: Little So Ji Sub.
Hubby :: Nice. Plot?
Me :: Sageuk. Moon-Sun kinda way. 
Hubby :: This is getting interesting. Politics?
Me :: Plenty. And no cross-dressing.
Hubby :: OK I'm IN! It starts tonight you say?
Me :: Errrr, they already aired 4 eps. Tonight is the 5th.
Hubby :: FOUR?!!! And you watched them? Without me? This is it. My marriage is a lie. 
Me :: Oh come on! It's technically 2 hours :tongue:
Hubby :: You watched behind my back.
Me :: So about the bedtime story....
Hubby :: It's decided. We're giving him up for adoption.
Me :: Heol.

Lol~ Can't wait for tonight :)

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh no bedtime story then?!! feel sorry for your kid!! :lol: 

3 hours ago, dottedheart said:

I prefer the second lead female she looks more mature.Although her role is the obsessed type. KSH is more like a sister to YSH she's just too young.Don't get me wrong that's just my opnion.

it's ok :) maybe your opinion will change with time?!! :wink: 

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I have a feeling we are going to have to prepare ourselves for a dreadful and angst episodes. The execution is coming up and I can already see all the misunderstandings about to happen. From the stills, it seems that GE is practicing swords-cutting. To kill the CP I think, hence the capture by the guards. And our CP pleading. Man, being royal can be such a pain.

Please let me be wrong.

@cynkdf Hi Chingu! I like the name 'Masqueraders' too. Let's see if everyone else likes the name for us posters too :D

@sakura2016 Was it you who helped me with the posting image question, chingu? If so, thank you. I hope I did it correct. I saw on the forum questions that I can just copy the image and press Ctrl+V to paste it here. It seem to have worked on my other posts. So I hope it works on here too. Btw, I see that you are also following Suspicious Partner. I am there too :wink:

@bebebisous33 Hi Chingu. It's so good to see you here. I don't think you know me, but I know you. From the Goblin thread :) (you did post there, right? ) I loved reading your posts and thoughts. And now, we are here too. Let's have fun spazzing :D I will be sure to give you my feedback this time around. I always loved reading your insights.

yeah, the angst is heading toward us!! :confounded:

you're most welcome chingu and happy that you managed to post gif(s) as you wished for!! :) and I'm happy to see you here and there as well!! :wink:   

we all love reading her insightful posts!! :D 

4 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

ok, now I know I'll need box(es) of tissues by my side from today's episode!! :confounded:

5 hours ago, faye406 said:

BTS for the palanquin scenes 

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

6 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

oh yeah wednesday is coming!!!

credit to dancerkai94

whoah.. those new stills are so intense. Did she try to fight, love to see the lady holds the sword so cool like that. So, does this mean she will be the strong female lead who fights back. 

yes, she's trying to get her revenge against the Crown Prince for her father's wrongful death!! and yes she's a strong female lead!! :wink: 

9 hours ago, hmseen said:

@sakura2016 I think Kimshin needs to make a cameo in Ruler... and appear in front of those clowns...  preferably with our dear Grim Reaper too to boot... hahahahhaha

hhhhhhhhhhh that would be awesome!! :lol: 

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello my chingus! So good to know I will be waking up to new episodes tomorrow. 

I, too, do not think it was CP who killed GE's dad. And I too think it was the knee pad eunch. And, from reading one of our posts here from someone on analyzing the facial features of our CP and executioner (well done, I was amazed by the details :wink:  I have to backtrack to see exactly who it was lol ) but I don't think it will be our CP. Because if it was, he wouldn't be out observing our GE like I saw in the preview. 

Please let me be wrong.

Hello, chingu!!smileys I do remember you, but didn't you watch Moon Lovers too? red crabI wrote a lot of comments there. Besides thanks a lot for the compliment!! It is great to hear that my analysis and comments are appreciated!! Looking forward for the next two episodes!!raccoon

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm, what could be the reason HG is riding with CP on the horse? At least she is at his back, not in front of him. LOL! *being jealous for GE*

hhhhhhhhhh yeah, I hated that she was riding the hourse with him!! :unamused: now I want Ga Eun to ride a hourse with him too in a (more) swoony way!! :tongue::wub: hhhhhhhhh 

Archived