[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets keep the energy flowing! We finally have our King back on the throne, true the big battle is not over yet. As much as I am worried for GE, I really think she will be fine.

I think if the writers dont give us a happy ending. Everyone would be angry! So don't worry. Now the question is how will it all end for DM. And will LS finally be redeem.

I feel the episode did a good job showing QD slowly turning, I wont say turning to good. But at least she is redeeming herself by helping CP. Fast pace, we at least got a small otp moment, LS going mad as usual, DM being his usual self, we got action from Gon and MC!

Now we are onto the finale!

Just now, googleme said:

They sure do love their poison in this drama. "Ruler: master of poisons" :ph34r: how can they drink and eat comtotably with people being poisoned left and right 

HAHAH! yes it should totally be called that instead right?! *headache* the poison sage has to end tomorrow at least by the 1st half PLEASEEEE!

Oooo...GE is standing besides CP and WB while the ministers are begging CP to side with DM to save their lives. Yup..I think she is definitely poisoned. DM does have HS as his hidden weapon, he wouldn't have let it go to waste. I am sure HS poisoned GE somehow or the poison acted faster on her due to her cuts.

iZJP5XH.jpg

43 minutes ago, andy78 said:

LET'S HOPE GE WILL SURVIVE ...WE NEED A HAPPY END FOR THIS STORY...

I'm sure she will...or I'll kill the writers :D<_<

42 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I feel like in the preview where LS is free from jail OR running away from jail. IT almost seems like he is worried and is possibly being chased by DM's men for failing in their plan. He could be running away from death.

i don't even want to think about the preview so much tho. The scene where GE becomes unconsciousness can't be because of the poppy pills because she's been wearing gloves all along. All I can think is that she is working too much and she faints. But CP's facial reaction wouldn't be like that if it was. 

So maybe she was the tester for the antidote.

it can be!! maybe he was looking into Pyunsoohwe group's plans and was running from getting caught when he was seen?!!

that's the most worrying part, our King's facial reaction :confounded:

oh, that would be bad it will kill her :o but she shouldn't faint if so since the other woman shoked then coughed blood and died in few seconds!! 

42 minutes ago, findit said:

<Text Preview>

People instigated by DM show signs of riot. Ministers beg CP, telling they want to join DM side. Meanwhile, LS in jail turns away CP and GE who come to visit him...

What...? Tomorrow is finale...right? :rage:

*sigh* I knew it will come that way!! they're desperate to live and that's why I sad before that our King needs the antidote ASAP *sigh* 

as for Lee Seon he's not acting differentely than I expected :rolleyes: but he got out, wait did he run away not was out on our King's orders?!! now don't think so...I don't knwo anymore...

40 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

OKAY rewatched the preview. GE was there when all the ministers came crowding around for the antidote 

She had the look of someone who sighed and wanted to do something before the scene where she faints.

All the ministers were there when she faints too so everything happened at the same scene. She definitely had the look of pain  and I wonder if she's done something to try and convince the ministers that their king is realyyyyyy trying to save them and isnt playing them

no not same scene I believe!! the ministers were crowling begging our King to let them join Dea Mok I think but when Ga Eun fainted they looked fine with no illness signs, what happened in between?!! :huh: 

36 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Oh yeah! I want to slap him as well. You know CP chingu, he probably think LS turned out this way because of him :( such a kindness. That scene where the mother and KM begged for LS's life was just so sad. GOSH LS!

yeah he does and it's driving me crazy!! it's not his mistake, it's Lee Seon's, he lost himself to greed and obsession *sigh* :( 

36 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

My guess is that it is stress perhaps? Base on the text preview from @findit DM is going to use the people and some of the ministers to pressure CP.

it can be!! let's hope so!!

36 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Even we the viewers are literally overdosing on poison!!! 

Its a sweet touch that HG ends up saving CP again indirectly in death... but at the same time I lament the writers lack of showing off WB's skill in medicine/knowledge. I thought he was best in the land!!

We went through the whole journey of finding the fields, getting the flowers, trying to make poison.. only to be handgiven it by someone else. 

it's still apoison he never met before and has only few days to come up with its antidote so it's not easy thing to do!! good thing Hwa Gun's father will help but what's his condition?!! hmmmmm

34 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

RULER IS TRENDING AT #5 on NAVER!!!

YAAAAAAAY

32 minutes ago, shazai said:

Hi guys! are they gonna show one episode for tonight? 

I'm a lurker! Thanks for the live recaps :D

hi chingu!! :D they aired 1 episode old format/2 episodes new format today like every week!! :) 

32 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

if that is the case, then DM is weaker than I thought? enough with targetting GE gosh! Fight one to one with CP instead. Cowards are the ones that use the weaker ones! But we shall see tomorrow. I have no doubt we will get a happy ending!

as if he's a fair player chingu!!

32 minutes ago, findit said:

For the first time in 2 months, I'm thinking about dropping this drama :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

I'm just speechless....

why chingu? today's episode was a really good one one and I trust tomorrow will be the same even with worrying previews!! we have only one more episode to go, let's stay together till the very end and hope you won't be dissapointed!! :wink: 

32 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's finale is just packed w/ action and suspense as the DM's plot comes to a conclusion. 

I wouldn't be surprised either if OTP happy moments comes in at the last 5 minutes. 

I wouldn't be surprise too!! we got many sweet moment today with our OTP so they may be thinking to keep the rest for the very end of tomorrow's episode!!

30 minutes ago, rainbowhills said:

@vangsweetie637 of course i am!

BTW I'm back! I've been busy these days, so i haven't read and reply anything but i read the live recap for today ep!!!!

For me today episodes was good, and good too since HG's father made some help to our King, at the same time a bit pity.. Why? cause i hope the medical team would find antidote without help from ex PSH. Well, maybe because we've seen our King had been helped many times by HG and Gon before, so i got a bit upset (?) about the antidote making. But it's not good if the writers make the medical team find antidotes. Why? Because in Joseon era, its only right that the one who make the poison is the one knows the antidote. Especially the poppy poison isn't for sale anywhere right? It's like the patent for PSH. So the story in this ep is just right for me.

About the OTP moments today. Although it was only a little time for our OTP tonight... but i like it so much. it was very sweet.

And about the preview! I must admit the writers are bad to us. But i dont think they make sad ending. And GE doesnt seem to eat the antidotes, she doenst vomit blood. It looks like she fainted after hearing some news. I hope my opinion remains true about the preview. If it isn't... let me kill the writers.

hi chingu, happy you're back!! right timing!! :D 

well our King is trying to save everyone including those related to Pyunsoohwe group so it's fair he gets help from some of them :wink: 

yeah they were so sweet :wub::wub::wub: 

I'm with you chingu <_<

@sakura2016

We have to check if she is wearing the same hanbok in the fainting scene and the minister begging scene.

I really dont see anymore logic in poisoning her, especially if DM is running out of poison. And if they have the antidote what is the point in poisoning her?

If is it DM's strategy to use the people to go against CP, then GE doest fit. Unless he wants LS to do something and is using GE? Still?

Can we expect one more desperate kiss from our CP when GE is saved from the poison? *pervertmodeon*:ph34r:

1 minute ago, kaoriharang said:

@sakura2016

We have to check if she is wearing the same hanbok in the fainting scene and the minister begging scene.

I really dont see anymore logic in poisoning her, especially if DM is running out of poison. And if they have the antidote what is the point in poisoning her?

If is it DM's strategy to use the people to go against CP, then GE doest fit. Unless he wants LS to do something and is using GE? Still?

I checked..it's the same hanbok.

I'm relieved a little and annoyed much at this episode.

First annoyance:

1. Arrgghhh - the plot holes.  Was it implied that Mae Chang survived the poisoning, so couldn't she have provided an inkling to how a possible antidote could be made?

2. Agree with some of the posters that its sad when so much work has gone into the process of finding the fields, discussing about the poppy poison, so many heads and hands working together and in the end needed HG's father to provide the solution instead.  Lazy writing at its finest.

3. I hope the condition is not CP having to give a posthumous status to HG as his concubine or something.  Rather go with the theory that he wanted GE to test the antidote instead.  At least that wouldn't elevate HG's status to first lead with KSH even from the grave.  But with these writers, one cannot trust anymore.

4. Gon loved HG all along? Wish they had less talk aloud scenes on her love for Seja and worked it instead with scenes that showed her wavering a little for a man who loved her.

5. To the end... its just HG who cannot be forgotten.  The unsung heroine who must still impact every consequence even though she died like 2 eps ago.  Sigh... whats with the writers obsession with the character?????

Thats all the rants for now...

For being relieved... at least KSH need not do more RUBBING in tonight's hugging scene.  Her Achilles's heel in this drama... :tongue:

Rub...Sohyun... Rub ---- *throwing daggers at the director everytime I think about it*

2 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

@sakura2016

i also think it will be silly for DM to try and use LS again. He's already lost all power, what's the point?? Even one LS is not as effective as 75 ministers, as much as CP will want to save them all the same. 

I wonder how HS will pop up again. He didn't appear much this episode, and neither was he seen reporting back to DM like the WB Chief was... will be even play another role tomorrow? Given the writers.. maybe not :tongue:

26 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

SHE'S PREGNANT! She's pregnant :joy: :joy: 

Im laughing... just kidding - I wish :smirk:  hang in there Monarchs. Dont drop this drama @findit though I was contemplating that ages ago and now with just one ep left...let's just find ways to enjoy it.  Somehow? :sleepy:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

24 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

MC , she is really cool,...I don't know that she even can fight..

LS...Good acting...:glasses:

did you forget her 1st encounter with our King in Hwa Gun's father's room when she stole the map when our King came in short after her?!! :wink: that was a great scene!! :D 

25 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Despite the bandage gloves I think she's more proned to the poison because she had cuts on her hands. 

but she has no red marks so it's not poppy poison effect!!

23 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

CW's IG update: I love how at every single update of his, Gon or LS's guard - the three of them are always commenting on it. Ahahah, they've became so close in six months (: the whole cast really, that's what we can get out of this drama - the fact that the cast are seemingly close and enjoyed their time together filming for this crazy of a drama. Hopefully one day, we can see some of them together again for other dramas!

we had update of Gon in the woods and now Chung Woon, what are they doing there?!! :huh: 

22 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

This ep was hard to follow when I can't fully understand Korean. I remember thinking DM looks hella relaxed drinking his tea when everything was going down! I really really wanna know what kind of convo he had with CP. How is DM trying to get past having lost his source of control? He only has a few antidotes that he can give out and keep people loyal. MAYBE he will try to distribute the antidote through water? I noticed the water carriers are suddenly back in the story so they must have a part to play.

But, the antidote is poison who those who aren't poisoned!!! OH maybe LS is running to the village because he heard the water in the wells have the antidote which will actually poison his mum and KM. Lol ok mind is running wild with theories!

I believe he trusts that those siding by our King will turn against our King and side by his side when they get closer to death with only him capable of saving them so he's not worried!!

yeah I noticed that too!! what's their plans now?!! 

hhhhhhhhhh don't think so!! :lol: 

25 minutes ago, googleme said:

and does anybody know why would the ministers want to side with DM again? If CP already have the antidote, why would they want to go back to DM..

they are about to die without his antidote so they want to side by him to be able to live and that was Dea Mok's plan against our King since he got his throne back!!

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Because our King is a shy-shy couple, oops, I mean, person...

Yeah, that's about the only good thing that will come out from it.

I'm holding myself from throwing objects at writers. Keep telling myself previews are misleading, their purpose is to troll us, to create anxiety in us.

Oh yes, I for sure am going to avoid any shows with poison for the time being. Overdosed already from this show.

As for the request by Daddy HG-- gosh, I hope it's nothing to do with giving some kind of title for HG by CP due to her love for him? I hope it's just to spare DM's life? You know how people in olden times would even hold a marriage ceremony between a living and a dead person.... Some even still practicing that now!

hhhhhhh oh yeah, I don't want to see or hear word poison for a looooooong time from now on!! :blink: 

don't think so!! what good is giving a title to his dead daughter?!!...wait WHAT?is there such a thing!! :o:blink: still don't see him a crazy man who'd ask for that!! 

29 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

The preview showed us GE fainted in the CP s arm..hopefully she is alright,..as long as happy ending for this drama, ...

I'm sure we will have a happy ending...or I'll kill the writers myself...

12 minutes ago, kimchigal2 said:

First annoyance:

1. Arrgghhh - the plot holes.  Was it implied that Mae Chang survived the poisoning, so couldn't she have provided an inkling to how a possible antidote could be made?

2. Agree with some of the posters that its sad when so much work has gone into the process of finding the fields, discussing about the poppy poison, so many heads and hands working together and in the end needed HG's father to provide the solution instead.  Lazy writing at its finest.

3. I hope the condition is not CP having to give a posthumous status to HG as his concubine or something.  Rather go with the theory that he wanted GE to test the antidote instead.  At least that wouldn't elevate HG's status to first lead with KSH even from the grave.  But with these writers, one cannot trust anymore.

4. Gon loved HG all along? Wish they had less talk aloud scenes on her love for Seja and worked it instead with scenes that showed her wavering a little for a man who loved her.

5. To the end... its just HG who cannot be forgotten.  The unsung heroine who must still impact every consequence even though she died like 2 eps ago.  Sigh... whats with the writers obsession with the character?????

I think I cant answer every question but with regards to the 1.

When CP rescue those girls at the poppy field, it was clear that these girls were not poison. They were working on the poppy flower poison not the antidote. So MC was one of those girls who was rescue, she may only know how to create the poison but not the antidote itself.

With regards to number 3. I dont think HG has to do with anymore in this already. it does not make sense to give HG any title what so ever anyways. It is not even logically.

I had to take a step back and absorb this episode and then that preview where GE faints. That scene right there is like the bomb for me. My head is blank because it is traumatized from the word POISON. At this point, I am going to agree with @kaoriharang and try to keep the positive energy. This episode was fast paced and LS snapped. Figured he would.

So sad seeing LS mom cry and begged..even KM. But loving the OTP moment. So glad he did notice her cuts :wub: and his words to him..and hugging her after caressing her face..awwww..these two better get together at the end. They are one of the most loving royal couple i have ever watched :wub:

@YourHighness . hahaha..pervertmode is always on with us here..

13 minutes ago, kimchigal2 said:

First annoyance:

Thats all the rants for now...

For being relieved... at least KSH need not do more RUBBING in tonight's hugging scene.  Her Achilles's heel in this drama... :tongue:

Rub...Sohyun... Rub ---- *throwing daggers at the director everytime I think about it*

LOLOLOL... I was feeling sleepy already, but reading your post made me awake again laughing.... Oh, I dread no.3, for sure! Agreeing with you on all points except no.1, because we don't know how "poisoned" MC was when she was younger. She might have worked only for a short while in the field before saved by CE. But then again, how was she saved? and why her? is she the only one ever saved?

Archived