[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subs r already out? Nice :)...i have both eps to watch :)

,,If i win CP's heart will you let him live''...that will never happen my poor girl...but both grandpa and granddaughter r evil the same...and too greedy :rolleyes:

So initial missunderstanding about real CP wasn't intentional...guard saw his seal and how real CP was overprotecting to Sw and he missunderstood...either won't last long coz girl knows real CP or she'll betray her family very soon

P group is to strong and plays dirty ...master was right they shouldn't follow CP's order :(...its really sad when you r so powerless

King finally told the truth to CP...how poor must he feels...guilt is on his shoulders even if he never caused it or wanted it :(...he is guilty now for interfering without knowing all facts...but that was his father's fault to begin with :angry:

SW heard that CP was impotent and that king locked him up...wonder will he keep that to himself

HG threatened to the queen? She'll be more sorry in 10 years? Girl really has nerves :rolleyes:

Aigoooo...so much tears :(..for her father...for CS...for not be able to help or change anything :(...and father told him is his fault and asked to kill her father by himself??? :angry:

Well HG seemed to be really moved by his sorrow...i'm not sure G will abbey her orders not to tell to gradpa :rolleyes:

...and GE will think CP forced her to leave he can kill her father...well i might think the same

,,Why did you do it? Why did you make a deal with P group to save me? Why?'' good q's but too late :(

Glad at least CP wasn't really forced to kill Han...but everyone will think that he did :(

I ask myself this question every time I watch a saeguk drama. And now, I have to get it off my chest: WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING ROYAL GUARDS IF THEY CANNOT PROTECT THEIR KING WITH THEIR SKILLS? They are either not there, or gets killed so easily. I go from 'Yay, a guard' to 'What? How can you die so easily?'

I see that no guards were present when Pyungsoo group attacked the palace. Only Chief in Commander and CW were there to fight, alongside the King and CP (who should need not fight if the royal guards were present). Commander is hurt.

Honestly, when I watched that attack scene, I got upset at seeing how empty the palace is. No guard at all.  And this came to my mind:

Spoiler

My Daejang ( from Faith) would have butchered Pyungsoo group & DM.

My dear Kim Shin, unleash your anger.

*these two would not have let anyone get to the King so easily*

-_-

if you guys have watched either one of these drama, you will understand what I mean :tongue:

This episode was filled with many deaths, and got my brain everywhere from scene 1 to the end. I found myself tearing up at the execution scene, and the anguish of both GE and CP. I love how their eyes portray such sadness.

But I will have to come back later to add my whole thought process of this episode :)

Another fact YS knows... CP wasn't the one who killed her father...well there r others but won't rush to tell that to GE :(

Watching GE crying was breaking my heart :(

I loved CP at P group meeting :D...finally some strong and determined atitude :)...he left grandpa wondering :wink:

Story about the sun and moon...promise...forehead kiss was nice :wub:..sad but really nice 

The switch wasn't succesful,,,many dead...including king and CP's mother...but it was fast and interesting

CP is in the open...no mask anymore..at least for P group

I'm glad GE was told about real killer ...wonder what is hidden in greenhouse

Wonder what'll happen to CP and YS...so many enemies around them...and GE too

Seems next time will be interesting as well

Damn,the scene between Dae Mok and Yi Sun was sooo awesome,Yi Sun was so badass marching in uninvited and declaring war in such a elegant manner...Yi Sun is such a romantic,how can one even resist him while looking with those eyes and saying such deep and poetic stuff declaring his love...Also,having the Yoo Seung Ho trademark crying scenes are a delight and pain in my heart,such an amazing contradiction...This was such an intense episode,quite curious what the writers will have in store for us from now on

WoW!. DM has no fear of the king or his authority, and although he has all these capable swordsman he goes to the kill the king himself, but why?. I only thing I can gather, he does this to show he's power and unity with he's "people". Gon the underling ordered to protect HW seems to have feelings for her, enough that he betrays DM, and HW seems to be aware of this. Will HW and her father work together to bring down her grandfather?, HW reasons being  to be Queen and her father to be the next DM. But. Now that LS is impersonating the CP, will HW go through with marrying him to protect the real CP. And did the HW threaten the Queen when she said "She should look forward to the next 10 years", it was very settle but it definitely had the Queen rattled.

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" sets record yet again

photo850184.jpg

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" sets a record.

According to Nielsen Korea, the seventh and eighth episodes of the MBC drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask" recorded 12% (Ep.7) and 13.4% (Ep.8).

Yi Seon (Yoo Seung-ho) and peasant Yi Seon (L) were seen changing identities.

Meanwhile, the KBS 2TV drama "Mystery Queen" rated 8.2% and SBS "Suspicious Partner" rated 6.8% (Ep.7) and 7.4% (Ep.8).

source: http://www.hancinema.net/ruler-master-of-the-mask-sets-record-yet-again-106093.html

Watched it subbed!! And damn, this episode was so intense and heartbreaking especially for the CP. I pity those 3 youngsters -CP,GE and LS, their father died because they are caught up with the political/power machinations of those above. 

Anyway, I can finally understand what's CP's birth mother telling to GE. It's just sad that the mother was not able to tell the truth to GE. But I hope GE would realize the truth - that CP did not kill his father and CP's real identity. I wish she is smart enough to connect the dots. Because who wouldn't love a smart,badass female lead right? :D

Btw. I do have a question. Does the CP's birthmother knew the CP's liason outside the palace - that CP pretended as Chunsoo and met and befriend GE and LS? I think she was shocked when CP announced that he would like to take GE with him. So CP's mother has an inkling of his beloved son's interest to GE that's why she met with GE? So most likely, CP's birthmother also know the plan of switcheroo between CP and LS. I think it was a first for me to see a king/prince consulting his wife/mother prior to making a decision. Most of the time, especially in saeguks, the women are left behind their men in making decisions, of course with the exception of those female villains. :lol:

And how did DM found out that the CP in front of him is not the real CP. He confront the king in trying lying to him prior the real CP's entrance, right? Our is our villain is just really smart? 

PS: So when will they show the preview of the next episode? On sunday? Gaahh. What a long time to wait. Haha. 

PS: I wished they would release the BTS of CP and GE scene overlooking the sky. I would like to have an HD photo of that scene. It was very picturesque for me. I would like to make it as my wallpaper. Lol. If anyone are able to find it, can you post it here or pm me the link? Thank you in advance!!

And i would also like to thank those live recap last night. Thank you!!! :D

Top ranked news article on Nate about Kim Sohyun who mentions Yoo Seungho as someone who's not like an oppa but a same age friend. She said that she feels very comfortable with him and don't feel the 6 year age difference with him. All the comments on both naver and nate are saying that she and YSH match well.

http://news.nate.com/view/20170519n05286?mid=n1008

another news article on nate talks about no acting holes in Ruler. the top comments point out Yoon Sohee's acting as the only acting hole in the drama.

http://news.nate.com/view/20170519n03998?mid=n1008

when the drama was airing YSH and KSH trended number 1 and 2 respectively on naver. "Ruler" at number 5

DAHTgkdUQAENog1.jpg

40 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Is the song in the end of ep 6 (preview of ep 7-8) already being release? I can not find it anywhere

If you mean the song by Hwang Chi Yeol,nope,it's not yet released

1 hour ago, RanM said:

PS: So when will they show the preview of the next episode? On sunday? Gaahh. What a long time to wait. Haha. 

The preview for next week is already out here: http://tv.naver.com/v/1695033

The official episode didn't include the preview so now no one would translate it ;_____;

I think Gon will help CP to escape according to HG's order. Next week a few years time gap might happen then.

I just love how the story would completely turn to a new chapter next week. All of the cards are now open and there is no more secret (though GE doesn't know Chun Soo is the real CP yet, it doesn't really matter since he will no longer be). I'm still irritated by that fact that first it's HG then Gon knew the face of CP.

Chun Soo will hide from Gaeun while she will be looking for him? But with this fast pace, I think they would meet again by the end of next week episode anyway haha

1 minute ago, wingki13 said:

The preview for next week is already out here: http://tv.naver.com/v/1695033

The official episode didn't include the preview so now no one would translate it ;_____;

I think Gon will help CP to escape according to HG's order. Next week a few years time gap might happen then.

I just love how the story would completely turn to a new chapter next week. All of the cards are now open and there is no more secret (though GE doesn't know Chun Soo is the real CP yet, it doesn't really matter since he will no longer be). I'm still irritated by that fact that first it's HG then Gon knew the face of CP.

Chun Soo will hide from Gaeun while she will be looking for him? But with this fast pace, I think they would meet again by the end of next week episode though haha

lol MBC trying to make even more money by not airing the preview and fitting in more ad time. As if splitting up one episode in two wasn't enough. It's also a tactic for them to make more money for Video on demand because they can charge money for the split episodes.

And yes, I don't mind HG being there but it gets to me that sometimes she gets more screen time than Ga Eun. I also wonder about CP's bodyguard. How is he ever going to face gaeun knowing that he killed her father?

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" Yoo Seung-ho kisses Kim So-hyun on the forehead

photo850211.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho showed his affection for Kim So-hyun.

On the latest episode of the MBC drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask", Gyoo-ho (Jeon No-min) died. Ga-eun was sad she lost her father and the Prince blamed himself.

Peasant Yi Seon said he would participate in the Pyeonsoo's joining ceremony on behalf of the Prince. They decided to switch.

The Prince told Ga-eun, "Don't forget I'm always next to you" and kissed her on the forehead.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-ruler-master-of-the-mask-yoo-seung-ho-kisses-kim-so-hyun-on-the-forehead-106094.html

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Ruler: Master of the Mask" Episodes 7-8

photo850365.jpg

If the previous set of episodes was meant to establish the hopelessness of the general universe in"Ruler: Master of the Mask" this set seems determined to prove that King Yoon was right all along. Every new plan Prince Seon comes up with ends increasingly catastrophically. Negotiation only makes people angrier. This escalates until we hit a cliffhanger that can't possibly be topped.

read full article >> http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-ruler-master-of-the-mask-episodes-7-8-106115.html

Archived