[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, faye406 said:

Bts episode 2 with English subtitle

Credit to KSH Raining Land

OMG they're uber cute. I can't wait for tomorrow's evening to see them on screen again. Now I know what I'm going to do at home tonight (reads: replaying Ep1-4 on loop to have my daily dose of Seja + Ga Eun haha). Btw, any Ruler fan has got any news about Hwang Chi Yeol's OST (the one played at the end of Ep 2 and 4)? I'm afraid I'm not very savvy and I don't read a Korean character to save my life either :bawling:

54 minutes ago, maskros said:

OMG they're uber cute. I can't wait for tomorrow's evening to see them on screen again. Now I know what I'm going to do at home tonight (reads: replaying Ep1-4 on loop to have my daily dose of Seja + Ga Eun haha). Btw, any Ruler fan has got any news about Hwang Chi Yeol's OST (the one played at the end of Ep 2 and 4)? I'm afraid I'm not very savvy and I don't read a Korean character to save my life either :bawling:

Hi I don't understand Korean either and my understanding of Mandarin is limited. HCY mentioned his OST yesterday and I've a feeling he himself doesn't know the release date of the OST. From 03:45 he talks about his OST - there are Chinese subs.  

For people who like/love HCY and may not know yet

53 minutes ago, faye406 said:

Bts episode 2 with English subtitle

Credit to KSH Raining Land

thank you for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

42 minutes ago, maskros said:

didn't read anything regarding that OST but sure we'll have news when it's about to get released!! :) 

:heart: 

tumblr_opvg0bvKdG1r5k6g9o2_1280.gif

tumblr_opvg0bvKdG1r5k6g9o1_1280.gif

tumblr_opvg0bvKdG1r5k6g9o3_1280.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_opvg0bvKdG1r5k6g9o4_1280.gif

tumblr_opvg0bvKdG1r5k6g9o5_1280.gif

Ruler: Master of the Mask (EP 3-4) // Prince Lee Sun x Han Ga Eun  :heart: 

cr: prinzangel

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

they took her father!! :confounded:

omo!! :o is the crazy girl really helping our Crown Prince?!! why is he wearing like her grandfather's "ninja" guards?!! I'd love that!! :D I'm happy with anthing and anyone helping him!! 

the king (force) fed him the antidote but his survive was like a merical!! 

yes, Ga Eun will believe that the Crown Prince was the one who killed her father since the man who'll do the exacution was wearing our Crown Prince's mask and attire but not really our Crown Prince!! 

that's where the writer's trick lies chingu, the Crown Prince was annoced to be born at exact 9 o'clock but that was made intentionally to leave us wondering about his fate since it's the very end of one fate and the very start of another one so we're left with "will he grew to be a great ruler or will he die youg?!!" question and they better not go the later's road!! 

I think it's his servant who became his stand-in during the execution!!! 

hhhhhhhhhhh yeah they missed seeing our handsome Goblin!! :lol: 

its not that they were using atomic clocks.. :tongue: this whole astrology aspect in any drama is always ridiculously funny

Did univers sync its clock with ..uhmm did they have a clock back then or was it the old way of reading shadows... they can be so off!!>. 9 given this is old time and not modern with watches.. means well past 9

Please excuse me for joining this party late but lord why is YSH so gosh darnit handsome as the CP?! He's just beautiful to look at. That smile, them eyes, his entire face features...whew...my heart please be still....

Ok, now back to the drama. I really really hope that L will not turn into an evil character. We know he has feelings for GE and he's already suspicious that CP and GE have a thing for one another, I just hope he doesn't turn into a jealous character and start making poor decisions due to the loss of his father and the fact that CP will win over GE's heart. I'm hoping L and CP will join force and have plans to take down the evil cult!

I spent my entire day yesterday catching up on the drama, reading through posts, and watching clips...the only downfall is I kept on wanting more and more and each epi is only like 35min long. *cries*

37 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

its not that they were using atomic clocks.. :tongue: this whole astrology aspect in any drama is always ridiculously funny

Did univers sync its clock with ..uhmm did they have a clock back then or was it the old way of reading shadows... they can be so off!!>. 9 given this is old time and not modern with watches.. means well past 9

hhhhhh yeah...it's more about following the moon and sun rising and falling :tongue: but the logic remane the same, kind of, and the Crown Prince being borne so close to the start extreme of the best hour(s) to have a great fate created uncertainty of which faith he'll have!! as for me I never believe astrologies but I love them in dramas since they're telling me what's to come :wink: but here they left me hanging!! <_<

42 minutes ago, MrMarley said:

Please excuse me for joining this party late but lord why is YSH so gosh darnit handsome as the CP?! He's just beautiful to look at. That smile, them eyes, his entire face features...whew...my heart please be still....

Ok, now back to the drama. I really really hope that L will not turn into an evil character. We know he has feelings for GE and he's already suspicious that CP and GE have a thing for one another, I just hope he doesn't turn into a jealous character and start making poor decisions due to the loss of his father and the fact that CP will win over GE's heart. I'm hoping L and CP will join force and have plans to take down the evil cult!

I spent my entire day yesterday catching up on the drama, reading through posts, and watching clips...the only downfall is I kept on wanting more and more and each epi is only like 35min long. *cries*

hi chingu, welcome to Ruler's thread and happy you joined us here!! :) and agree with you on Yoo Seung Ho's part!! :wink::wub: 

I believe Lee Seon will join forces with our Crown Prince wanting to help him sincerely against Pyunsoohwe's group but somewhere down the road he'll start aiming for the throne to himself, he'll want to be the King he wanted the low birth people like him had, who'd help and protect them but they never had and maybe to give Ga Eun the justice she wanted for her wronged father as well, if not to win her heart!! but I wish he will realise his mistake and work on fixing it joining forces with our Crown Prince again!! 

hhhhhh good thing we'll get the next episode is less than 24 hours from now!! :D  

@sakura2016 Since in the preview, we see LS taking part of the ceremony to enter PS. Group, this means that he will be dependent of the drug in order to survive, hence I can only imagine him switching the side again, when it comes to the last episodes. On the other hand, he will try to manipulate GE by revealing the CP's true identity. He will blame CP for her father's death and explain why he took his role and he wants to improve the living conditions of the commoners. But since he is siding with PS Group, this will never be possible. Nevertheless I hope she discovers quite quickly that she never saw the CP killing her father and that CP tried to stop it. 

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@sakura2016 Since in the preview, we see LS taking part of the ceremony to enter PS. Group, this means that he will be dependent of the drug in order to survive, hence I can only imagine him switching the side again, when it comes to the last episodes. On the other hand, he will try to manipulate GE by revealing the CP's true identity. He will blame CP for her father's death and explain why he took his role and he wants to improve the living conditions of the commoners. But he is siding with PS Group, this will never be possible. Nevertheless I hope she discovers quite quickly that she never saw the CP killing her father and that CP tried to stop it. 

yeah, if he'll join forces with our Crown Prince again it will be by the near end of the drama not before that!! 

WHAT?!! reading this makes me hate him already :rage: and he still didn't do anything yet!! you're not helping his case with me chingu!! :lol: I hope he won't go that low though because I'll really hate him (though really I'll hate him anyway for betraying my Crown Prince!!) but making up lies and trying to manipulate Ga Eun would be too much and will set him as a real villain not only someone who lost himself for a while and who I can forgive!! 

well the grief pain will blind her for a while so it's up to our CP to help her see who he really is through the time they'll have together with his fake identity so she'd realise by herself that it wasn't really him to be blamed for her father's death (he'll never defend himself but will blame it on himself instead) and it will be really helpful if she get to see him trying to stop her father's execution!! 

@sakura2016  ANOTHER GREAT DRAMA ... yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...

Just finished the 4th episode (anyway I am still getting use to this new half an hour episode .. and I kinda like it cause it felt like we get 'more' time (longer) .. when actually we are at the 2nd episode ..

BTw I LOVE L .....I hate to see him betraying (?)  ... CP .. please please pleseeeee .. I hope he side with CP 

24 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

@sakura2016  ANOTHER GREAT DRAMA ... yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...

Just finished the 4th episode (anyway I am still getting use to this new half an hour episode .. and I kinda like it cause it felt like we get 'more' time (longer) .. when actually we are at the 2nd episode ..

BTw I LOVE L .....I hate to see him betraying (?)  ... CP .. please please pleseeeee .. I hope he side with CP 

hi chingu!! :D looks like May is the month you were waiting for to have great dramas :wink: I have 2 more drama starting next monday!! :tongue::w00t: 

hhhhhhhhhhhh good thing it's useful to you!! :D I was confused at 1st but I'm ok with it now!! :D 

I hope the same thing but I believe we will have a growing bromance between them but it will get shattered later with Lee Seon's betrayal to the real Crown Prince!! :( I'd still hope he fix his mistake by the end and join forces with our Crown Prince again against Pyunsoohwe group!! 

Bolbbalgan4 to sing for OST part 2 ‘처음부터 너와 나' <'From Beginning You and I>

2017051701000660800046921.jpg

source: http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/512924

Preview Stills

"청순→흑화"…'군주' 김소현, 카리스마 대분출

>> from "innocent" image --> "dark" image.."Ruler: Master of Mask" Kim So Hyun, Charisma Explodes

2017051801001352100096511.jpg

source: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201705180100135210009651&servicedate=20170517

No, no, no... Can we please at least have one episode (day) of sweet bonding scenes between our OTP first? before the capture and execution of GE's father? Can that be in tomorrow's episode instead? I'm not yet looking forward to the execution and revenge part.

Archived