[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, chewywonbin said:

Ep1-2: So far very engaging. I can't complain even when my OTP only get this brief moment. 

Yeah it was brief but interesting and well done...

There is no way she could hate him for real right? :wub:...i'm so happy today we'll have more of them :wub:

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

With baby Lee Seon

Ahhh so cute :wub:

I know they need babies for the drama...but i would never give my baby...i would be afraid

Was able to watch it with eng subs already!! waaaa! All I can say ~ "Daebakkkk!"~ Amazing! :D:) 

My applause goes to the whole team, all main characters were introduced in that setting. The pacing is quite medium fast for a sageuk drama compared to others (that i was able to watch), but nevertheless im super satisfied with the delivery. They kind of take the straightforward approach in showing everything, which i appreciated :)

thanks for the live cappers last night @andy78 @Jillia. when i arrived from work, I just stick to your updates every minute haha

All in all, the first ep exceeded my expectations, then now everyone is talking about it. am very happy hahaha Good job, Ruler! Continue fighting ~

6 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

Hide contents

Sr.dc

the last GIF was epic for me..without any words between them but it clear as a day the expression on their face.. I must say I really hope that the writer and the PD would utilise these 2 actors to the best of the ability with good story and great presentation. 

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” Ranks First In Viewership Ratings With Premiere Episode

Ruler-Master-of-Mask-Mystery-Queen-Suspi

On May 11, ratings research company Nielsen Korea revealed the latest ratings for episodes of dramas that aired the day before.

New MBC historical drama, “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” took first place with an average rating of 9.7 percent for its premiere episode and 11.6 percent for its second episode. The drama that previously aired on MBC in this time slot did not exhibit strong ratings, ending its run in third place in the ratings race between Wednesday-Thursday dramas. This means that “Ruler: Master of the Mask” achieved first place in ratings without the beneficial boost of following a ratings-success drama.

Previous first place holder, KBS drama “Mystery Queen,” was bumped down to second place with ratings of 8.7 percent.

SBS romantic comedy “Suspicious Partner” also aired its premiere episode on May 10, but it came in third place with 6.3 percent ratings. However, the drama showed some increase for its second episode, which brought in 6.8 percent ratings.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/10/ruler-master-mask-ranks-first-viewership-ratings-premiere-episode/

11 hours ago, Miky88 said:

My heart really ached seeing the Crown Prince reactions when he finally got out and went into the town and even more when he saw the reality and state his people are...

me too!! it was really sad when his instant reaction when he faced people was to hide his face, it became part of him and fear of them getting killed at spot for seeing his face and it was bittersweet seeing his sweet smile discovering the world outside of his cage but that faded when he saw the bad state the people are lliving in!! 

11 hours ago, junghana2104 said:

I'm so happy guys ^^~ I'm done watching ep 1 and it was just so good as an episode to set up the story and characters. The response of Korean viewer is so positive, right now the article ab Ruler has more than 930 comments and top cmt reached +3570 vote up ○_○ AND IT WAS JUST THE FIRST EP!! I'm glad I'm Vietnamese so I can watch it with subs after a few hours xD The rating is 9.7% for the 1st ep and 11.6% for 2nd ep (AGB National), 10.5 and 12.1% (AGB Seoul) , and Korean fans are complaining so much about the ads in the middle of the show, but still the rating increased ○_○ Ruler team must be glad right now <3 

I'm so happy as well and hope it will keep getting better and better!! :D 

8 hours ago, badjennifer said:

to be honest.. I'm torn between Ruler and the other drama on the same time slot, I want both to do well rating-wise :bawling:

But I already feel the good vibe from this drama, I hope it is true it will hit daebak like TMETS..I watch many of both YSH and KSH project in the past, and they were both on I miss you drama too so I'm very eager too saw them both in this drama..

I hope so too!! :) 

8 hours ago, Tram92 said:

Can someone clarify the episodes for me? Is there going to be a total of 40 episodes then and each of them will only be thirty minutes? Or is it just this week that they will be doing this thirty minutes episodes? I am one of the confused ones, Miky88. 

I have no idea!! this is a new thing they're doing so let's wait and see!! :) 

11 hours ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

[Spoilers] Ruler (Pilot)

Hide contents

Osen via Naver: 'Ruler' first episode, Yoo Seung Ho enters sageuk fantasy 

Spoiler

1. [+3,331, -195] Yoo Seung Ho's acting is great, Kim So Hyun and L were no joke either.. Plot is compelling and OST is just awesome too

2. [+2,923, -168] Would've been perfect if not for the ads in the middle. It's been a while since I watched such a good drama... Feels like it's going to be a big hit but my only worry is Yoon So Hee's character

3. [+2,366, -151] Yoo Seung Ho is really handsome, I like his vocalization too ㅜㅜ  I'm watching Ruler for Wednesdays and Thursdays

4. [+2,285, -131] Whether it's sageuks or contemporary dramas, there's nothing that Yoo Seung Ho can't tackle. Voice, visuals and acting are all incredible

5. [+1,802, -147] Well-acted and well-written story

6. [+741, -58] L's acting wasn't bad, no words needed for Kim So Hyun and Yoo Seung Ho but Yoon Soo Hee's a bit of a disappointment... the drama itself is interesting!

7. [+688, -56] No doubts about Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun and L did pretty well too ㅋㅋ But what is with the ads.. it broke the flow

Hide contents

Herald Pop via Naver: 'Ruler', Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun's destined first meeting... ill-fated relationship with L

Spoiler

1. [+422, -20] Honestly, L's so much better now compared to before. The male and female lead are handsome and pretty

2. [+358, -20] Exceeded my expectations

3. [+363, -23] L's acting has improved by a whole lot...  You can tell that he's working hard!! Ruler fighting!!

4. [+309, -14] Hit daebak Ruler~~ Myungsoo and Seung Ho fighting ♡

5. [+312, -17] Everyone did well, I'm so happy to see L's improved acting ㅠㅠㅠ  Myungsoo reads comments, I hope he sees only the good ones. Fighting and love you

6. [+132, -7] Interesting first episode. I'm surprised how much L's acting has improved, he was natural and matches well with historical dramas

7. [+110, -6] I worried about L for nothing.. I'm so proud of him ㅎI'm sure he'll give his 100% in everything he does

cre: kkul-jaem

I'm so happy for the positive feeback!! :D thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

@cynkdf you're most welcome chingu, happy I could help!! :D 

8 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Just finished part 1. Will watch part 2 after phone is charged lol

But awwww..someone give that baby an award. How can a baby act so well? The dying scene made me tear up. I have a soft spot for babies so when i saw that baby not moving..omo. and then i was so happy when he woke up. 

And did anyone notice the dad of the girl in the end is actually the eunch from Goblin? Lol. I was wondering why he look so familiar and then i remembered where he was from haha. Thank goodness he looks alive.

I will finish up part 2 first then will spazz my thoughts :)

happy I wasn't the only one!! :sweatingbullets:

he's her father? I though he works for her grandfather!! but yeah, I can't forget that hateful eunch and he's here too!! :unamused: 

7 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

INFINITE’s L Reveals What Brings Him And Drama Co-Star Yoo Seung Ho Closer Together

On May 10, INFINITE’s L held a V Live broadcast titled “Kim Myung Soo X Ruler: Master of the Mask,” where he explained how he and fellow “Ruler: Master of the Mask” cast member Yoo Seung Ho grew even closer together.

“What Seung Ho and I have in common is that we both have cats, so we always share cat food or snacks with each other. We were close from the beginning, but it’s also true that our cats made us even closer. It’s that time of the year when cats shed, and we recently shared stories about that with each other,” L revealed.

As revealed previously by Kim So Hyun, the cast members promised to wear their costumes and hold a fan signing event if they gathered over 20 percent ratings. In addition to this promise, L took the chance to explain what he would do if the drama got over 25 percent viewer ratings. He said, “I will also make a personal promise. If we get over 25 percent ratings, I will dance while wearing king’s clothing and a mask.”

source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/10/infinites-l-reveals-brings-drama-co-star-yoo-seung-ho-closer-together/

hhhhhhhh why am I not surprised!! :lol: 

6 hours ago, faye406 said:

guys... by looking at this schedule... why there no RULER schedules for next week? why? I afraid this will effect the audience interest.

oh!! why is that?!! :huh:

4 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Yeah it was brief but interesting and well done...

There is no way she could hate him for real right? :wub:...i'm so happy today we'll have more of them :wub:

Ahhh so cute :wub:

I know they need babies for the drama...but i would never give my baby...i would be afraid

me too!! :wub: she'll hate him and love him at the same time without knowing it's the same person but she won't hate him when she knows he's the Crown Prince though she'll be mad for sure!! 

I think the mother's are there behind the camera when their kids are filming!! so no worries there!! :) 

3 hours ago, faye406 said:

Aww... I'll be out of town for 3 days.. Hopefully I will get better connection for tonight...

hope so!! :) 

:wub: 

cr: astriw_92

this baby!! awwwww :wub: 

cr: sasuke_kawai

15 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

happy I wasn't the only one!! :sweatingbullets:

he's her father? I though he works for her grandfather!! but yeah, I can't forget that hateful eunch and he's here too!! :unamused: 

oh!! why is that?!! :huh:

me too!! :wub: she'll hate him and love him at the same time without knowing it's the same person but she won't hate him when she knows he's the Crown Prince though she'll be mad for sure!! 

I think the mother's are there behind the camera when their kids are filming!! so no worries there!! :) 

He is her father, that leader of P group, older one is her grandfather...i deleted his role from Goblin...he'll stay for me as funny commander from DOTS :D

No way we'll miss new eps so early :o

:wub:...she won't hate him...things will come clear...he didn't cause noone death (just like our CP from Hwarang didn't :wink: )

I know but anyway sweatingbullets.gif.eccbcf8e677b900c9d7f ...you know when you become a mother :wink:

5 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

He is her father, that leader of P group, older one is her grandfather...i deleted his role from Goblin...he'll stay for me as funny commander from DOTS :D

No way we'll miss new eps so early :o

:wub:...she won't hate him...things will come clear...he didn't cause noone death (just like our CP from Hwarang didn't :wink: )

I know but anyway sweatingbullets.gif.eccbcf8e677b900c9d7f ...you know when you become a mother :wink:

thank you for the clarification chingu!! :D and good thing you have good memories of him, I have NONE!! all I have is a HATEFUL memory of him from Goblin!! 

that's weird!! could it be not only Ruler but other dramas too for some reason?!! 

right!! :) let's hope things come clear fast :wub: though she will need to listen to him and he need to talk and not feel guilty and take the blame anyway for being the reason even if not the one who killed or ordered the kill!!  

I understand chingu!! :) I'm not a mother but I'm someone who doesn't dare to hold a new born in her arms out of fear of harming him/her!! 

our Crown Prince's smile!! :wub: 

cr: lesseuleee

1 minute ago, sakura2016 said:

thank you for the clarification chingu!! :D and good thing you have good memories of him, I have NONE!! all I have is a HATEFUL memory of him from Goblin!! 

our Crown Prince's smile!! :wub: 

Yeah...i forgot...you missed DOTS...unbelievable for me but :wink:

Kidds r cute...when they grow up i wish they r handsome and with great smile like our CP here :wub:

1 minute ago, zagigirl said:

Yeah...i forgot...you missed DOTS...unbelievable for me but :wink:

Kidds r cute...when they grow up i wish they r handsome and with great smile like our CP here :wub:

hhhhhhhhh I'm planning on watching it!! promise!! :tongue: 

yeah, hope so too!! :wub: 

cr: as tagged

cr: owner

cr: owner

6 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhh I'm planning on watching it!! promise!! :tongue: 

Yeah...with schedule like this??? Don't be like king here and promise what you won't be able to deliver...you r lucky coz you know i'll forget what you promised :D

They just met ...and already sitting by the fire so relaxed ...smiling...so cute:wub:

16 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Cougar! *hugs* Kraken is here too. I have been waiting for this drama to air!

And now, waiting for subs to be released :wink:

So glad to see you and me watching a drama together again. Let the spazzing begin :tongue:

Annyeong my dear Kraken :wub: so happy that you are watching this new drama with me. Are you also gonna watch SP? Its our JCW :wub:

Archived