[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official posters are a bit of disappointment aren't they? Not like the 1st batch of posters which were aesthetic and mysterious, the latest posters are just so-so and ordinary. Or maybe I was expecting too much.

The only one I like is the one where YSH and KSH are facing each other. I loved the first teaser posters so these were a bit disappointing. I wonder how the OSTs are going to be... 

Day 8

I'm scared actually as this is my normal symptom when my bias is acting in a project. I'm usually don't watch it beforehand and will watch it when the hype of the first broadcast over.

We're already waiting for almost one year and I hope it really worth it. I hope all the cast and production hard work really pay off.

@berou I agree that it's typical sageuk posters and luckily that just a minority found it disappointing. But the 1st batch of posters gave us such a high hope aesthetically then main posters were too ordinary. Not that I expected it to be fairy-like or Hollywood-like like you said, I just want something special that caught viewers eyes at first sight. And about the budget, it didn't cost a huge amount to make quality posters, and not that they've spent a huge amount on promotion though. 

@Berou

So...it seems we fans of either of the cast can't project our opinions without a reprimand from your part...as I have seen all the forum.

You has been cordial almost 99%...but there is something not so tolerant from your posts. And I'm not talking of the "please follow the rules"...nope. I am talking about "the shipping, the quality of posters, the acting, etc..." as we need to put down in "reality" because of our dreams or expectations of the drama are too much.

Please...let us be dreamers, and comment on ours posts without bring it down, feeling myself as if you are condescending (sometime I feel that way with you).

giphy.gif

@an05 for the OST, Ruler already released two news regarding this.

first Ost from Yang Yoseob (Highlight's vocalist) and second Ost from BolBBalgan4. 

I don't know much about both singers but hopefully, it's gonna be okay.

On the other note, we should know there's the difference between hatred and criticism. Hatred is toxic and unhelpful and the other one can help you to improve. We criticize what is needed and hope for the improvements and do the reality check as everyone is entitled to project their opinions and discuss it here.

As for main group poster, it looks quite stiff (looks at Yoon Soo Hee especially, she looks quite dull here as she's the only one that not looking to the audience) and this is not about the budget I thinks.But more to how it was done. First few teasers are quite impressive and very intimidate, while this main poster looks quite blerghh. It's okay but nothing more nothing less. That's it. 

@Berou well actually they are not my oppas, they are my dongsaengs hahaha...they are too young too be my oppas lol..I can't wait to watch this drama..My expectation is high since YSH and KSH in it..I'm excited because after 5 years they meet again..I remember when i watched "Missing You" i was hoping that someday YSH and KSH could work together in a drama or movie..I never thought that my dreams are coming true! Young Lee Soo Yoon and Kang Hyung Joon aka Harry Borrison from "Missing You" are back!! Yay!! :D

making film

Uhm yoon so Hee didn't look away unintentionally though, she was looking at Prince Lee Seon, as if nothing in this world can change her gaze toward the prince. That's my interpretation though.

@berou about the expectation management, well as you said they should've kept the best ones for last. But they instead released the best ones first and the following posters didn't live up to its precedents. And I'm sorry that you feel you could not freely express your opinions, maybe because you are from a position where your words have stronger impact than other normal users, and hope that doesn't affect you from giving out your thoughts and points of view. We want to discuss everything openly here as long as in the rule book, and the more diverse the better.

1 hour ago, ilwoo_aein said:

gongbly_maker IG update

ohhhh myyyy! I love this bts!! oh gossssh, my eyes are all heartsss hahaha. Now I cant wait no more for May 10, or much more for the press con bts hahaha, speaking of, I saw posts that it will be on May 8. looking forward! :):):D:D

Everyone, let's be open-minded. we're all here to support and look forward to our beloved Ruler. :):)

Ruler, fighting~!

@Berou and @faye406

Sorry for hurt your feelings, really "really, really, really, reaaally"

But reading responses you did for another soompiers in this forum I felt really hurt and disappointed for the lack of companionship in your replies...and I thought that it will be OK to said as I saw it

I do not have any complain about the "following the forum rules", that's more than OK to give warnings when necessary. That's why I said it in my first comment about my first complaint.

I take offense when you guys paints us as "I'm scared of delulu shippers." Because I don't see myself as that and  it's offensive.

@Zaileigh " Stop the hate everyone. "

I don't have hate...I just want to stop the awful remarks.

This is my first time posting something like this...so please...be kind. If you don't like shipping (it's my fist time doing it), don't do it yourselves...but let others be. And if I want to criticize the quality of posters, is not directed to you guys.

“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.”
– Frank A. Clark

LOVE to ALL :heart:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/yoo-seung-ho-kim-so-hyun-and-infinites-l-have-a-complicated-love-triangle-in-new-posters-and-teasers-for-ruler-master-of-the-mask/

New article for Ruler in Drama fever :) more like a summary of all the updates these past weeks, sorry can't copy the whole article here, I'm on mobile.

Now I'm back to show my full support once again to Ruler hahaha, been away for awhile bec of work work work.. Hello, everyone! :D

Archived