[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CR.Talk to U. YSH.

cr.coffee_mrkim

really really really loved Yoo's hairstyle so much, see the above one. very hansome, minus the idol's flowerboy look!

cr. rulermasterofthemask.official

Spoiler

cr. sulee_100108 (all below)

Spoiler

Spoiler

i knew it, the next one after KSH is L.

Thank you @Berou chingu for the response :D Hmm, I know the drama will be set in joseon era, I only meant the villain faction or the antagonist side, why are they in that clothes. Its as if they were stranded in Goryeo era, haha. But since You already differentiated for me the Joseon and Goryeo hanbok. Now I am just wondering what is the reason for that design especially with Yoon So Hee's character. Hmm.. Its so untraditional. By the way, I heard our Ga Eun is filming horse riding scene today, I hope our heroine will continuously deviate from normal type of heroine. Looking forward for that badass Ga Eun.

i am always full of question>

cr. walnutgrove0817

see pics above. If L is to act as decoy for YSH, then YSH seems to be only wearing Crown Prince's Navy blue gown, why is L ahead of him wearing King-gown. is that some mistakes in translation, that L is to be the double for The King, which is Yoo's King Dad and not Yoo himself. did anyone remember seeing L playing double wearing Navy Blue Crown Prince gown?

i am getting more and more doubtful that i will be blessed with Sado. i am obsessed with seeing a version that justify Sado. and no one has the depth of melo deep enough than YSH to carry the weight of Sado.

14 minutes ago, an05 said:

@maryofbethanyI  think he's still the decoy for YSH. I have a feeling that the king dies midway and eventually the prince becomes the king. I'm sure that'll happen sometime during the 5 year time skip.

@an05 if that so happens. which means YSH;s character will become King one day. then i am 101% sure he is not acting as Sado. the Prince that we keep saying he might be.
Sado never materialized as King, he died young. the Crown jumped from him to his son King Jeongjo (Yi San).
then another Super HUGE Question: don't mind he is NOT Sado, but still must be one of the prince right, why they hasnt give a clear definition of which one in history.

WHO IS YOO SEUNG HO ACTING AS, which prince in Joseon history.

PD. MBC. pls don't impromptu invented one fictional prince... enough of fake prince that never exist in history.

the wiki mentioned " With the help of the woman he loves named Ga-eun (Kim So-hyun), Lee overcomes adversity and grow as a just ruler."
which means he really become a king in the future.
see the chart below.
http://www.dramasrok.com/2012/02/chart-joseon-kings-related-dramas-info/

then, it will be a big joke, that YOO afterall is Yi San , Sado's son.

정조King Jeongjo Yi San 
he reined
1776-1800. 

wiki: " Set in the 18th-century Joseon, it tells the story of Crown Prince Lee Sun ".

I bet the drama's greatest dilemma would be L's Lee Sun will permanently claim the throne since no one knows YSH's real Lee Sun look like. He will be used by the opposing team and Ga Eun will help Real Lee Sun to reclaim his rightful position hence a badass OTP. I doubt now that it would be Sado's story@maryofbethany chingu since Lee Sun's stand in became king, and Sado did not. The probability of the Prince becoming king is high in this one, based on the trailer and some still shown, like on the video wherein Lee Sun saw his father being attacked by ninjas. The King will more likely die just like @an05 said in the span of 5 years, a lot can happen.

[NETIZEN] KIM SO HYUN LOOKS AMAZING WEARING HANBOK

Thanks to Ruler, we got to see Kim So Hyun wearing a Hanbok..!ㅎㅎㅎㅎ
Doesn't feel like an oriental beauty ㅜㅜ

2.gif
Whenever Ruler releases a promotional video or a teaser, my heart flutters
Kim So Hyun is originally pretty but with the hanbok she looks much prettier~~~~~~~

3.gif

+ Yoo Seung Ho's promotional video
Just by imagination, their chemistry is good ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

4.jpg

I don't know who took this picture but it's really pretty...Her looks are really good

5.png

At first i thought it was painted with watercolors
The colors and her look are really crazy

6.jpg

Can't she wear the hanbok for the rest of her life???? She is really pretty
It's the first time i see her prettier without a t-shirt and jeans

7.jpg

It's amazing how she can express elegance and luxury by wearing a hanbok

8.gif

While walking and holding the sword, her charisma is the best
I'm looking forward to Ruler!!!!!

9.gif

She will show us her crazy acting abilities again

1.png
Original post: Here

[+208, -17] ...I really hope the drama hits daebak^^
image.jpeg

[+161, -21] What's wrong with the comments ㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Jealous kids

[+152, -17] People are getting jealous ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Did you get hit by Kim So hyun? Why is everyone shaking in anger ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She looks good

image%2B%25281%2529.jpeg

[+12, -7] She is so pretty, I cherish So Hyun-ah unnie so much

download-7.gif

[+2, -1] Her looks in Goblin was legendary~^^

daum_gallery_photo_20170214000635.png

cre: netizendrama.blogspot.com

Hi everyone I'm back with new username bcs I couldn't log in by the old one.

I want to discuss about the storyline too. Just my guess anyway. 

I think the drama will start from child phase with Ga Eun already befriend with L's character and teaching him reading, writing. While in the palace the story will explain why Lee Sun has to wear a mask ( to protect him or people around him?). Fast forward to when Ga Eun is 17 years old. her father was killed by the villains but was framed like he was wrongly killed by the prince order. Ga Eun tried to revenge him but cannot of course. While prince get outside the palace and meet L and become buddies then L come to the palace to become Prince decoy so the real Lee Sun can go outside the palace easier. fast forward to 5 years and Ga Eun has mastered her revenge plan. Ofc she has to go to the palace to get near the prince.  Then ofc later fall in love with him. Somewhere in that period the King died and Lee Sun become the King (he cannot be the famous Sado bcs of this and this explains L's King robe). But we have seen L and Lee Sun teacher in the King robe but not Yoo Seung Ho himself once?

I can only get that far from little bts photos. Still vague about the Mask role other than to hide the prince real face literally. How come L from buddies then betray the prince and become his enemy too. I think L and Yoon So Hee will sacrife themselves in the end bcs of their one-side loves. And Lee Sun becomes the King, defeats the enemy and has a happy ending bcs he can't die if his father already died. a bit of me think that YSH character will be a fictional prince but I'm hope I'm wrong about this part. 

Someone mentioned only 1 months 7 days until 1st ep premieres. Well that's such a short of time compared to our 5 months waiting from October, November. And still so little photos of the main casts. And MBC put in their SNS "can't wait any longer". Make me wanna go crazy!!

@gerrytan8063 can i continue what we just discussed, but from Queen Dangyeong to Yoo Seung Ho's role here.
remember you have given such evidnece that it should be none other than Sado

but are you still now, very sure it will be Sado? given that its seems the Decoy for YSH's crown prince character , that decoy eventually really wore a king robe... which means YSH's prince really become King? btw, Sado has never become not even one day of king

is this a complete Faction. fact mixed with fiction? even synonysis keep saying GaEun will eventually keep YSH's Prince Sun character to become a good ruler. but we all know Sado not even rule for one day right?

@junghana2104 since you are interested. i tag u for this.

Yoo Seung Ho brilliant acting and Kim-So Hyun impressive acting! The story! dark dramatic one.. nothing bubbly like. Not gonna miss the chance to watch brilliance. esp YSH! This and 4 others (Dual, Forest of Secrets, Circle, MSR) are the ones I'm anticipating and looking forward to watch.

Thanks y'all for updates :)

@maryofbethany

"can i continue what we just discussed, but from Queen Dangyeong to Yoo Seung Ho's role here.
remember you have given such evidnece that it should be none other than Sado.......but are you still now, very sure it will be Sado? given that its seems the Decoy for YSH's crown prince character , that decoy eventually really wore a king robe... which means YSH's prince really become King? btw, Sado has never become not even one day of king......is this a complete Faction. fact mixed with fiction? even synonysis keep saying GaEun will eventually keep YSH's Prince Sun character to become a good ruler. but we all know Sado not even rule for one day right?"

At the moment, evidence had indicate that it will be the Joseon Dynasty of the Scriptwriter imagination.....

@Berou

"So, that means...... the crown prince, king, queen are all fictional characters ?"

We will have to see the cast list to see whether they had indicate historical figures.....or else it will be otherwise

If the King is just been address as Jeonha (전하 , literally means Your Highness) & doesn't indicate the temple name, e.g. Yeongjo, then the synopsis Prince Yi Sun in this drama is not Crown Prince Sado

On 4/5/2017 at 6:10 AM, gerrytan8063 said:

@maryofbethany

"can i continue what we just discussed, but from Queen Dangyeong to Yoo Seung Ho's role here.
remember you have given such evidnece that it should be none other than Sado.......but are you still now, very sure it will be Sado? given that its seems the Decoy for YSH's crown prince character , that decoy eventually really wore a king robe... which means YSH's prince really become King? btw, Sado has never become not even one day of king......is this a complete Faction. fact mixed with fiction? even synonysis keep saying GaEun will eventually keep YSH's Prince Sun character to become a good ruler. but we all know Sado not even rule for one day right?"

At the moment, evidence had indicate that it will be the Joseon Dynasty of the Scriptwriter imagination.....

@gerrytan8063 Saimdang is part fiction part fact, so it is faction.

but Ruler? fully fiction? huh.... just like Sacred Heart and Moonlight and Hwarang? fiction?
means only 7 Days Queen is Fact or at least Faction? somewhere when L the decoy wear king robe i sorta confirmed it wont be Sado, i was hoping it is fictional fact kind of Sado's son Lee San (Jeongjo). oosp. its not even that.
we are really saying goodbye to the good old days of DongYi, YiSan, Dae JungGeun, Deep Rooted Tree, Painter in the Wind, Ballad of the Prince... etc.
edit: infact even Saimdang or the Rebel is factional. no choice that's the way to do dramas now. but i think Ruler will goes the way of The Rebel. isnt it?  so it will still be good. Nevermind then, Writernim write a convincing plot will do, and top of it, all the casts have chemistry with each other and good acting will do!!!!!

Archived