[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

My fav current drama! So underrated. Too bad viewers aren't watching this, they're missing best actress in the making. Heo Jeung Eun!

I'm on vacay and finally I'll be able to watch live raw. I wanna do recap but I won't understand :(

Geum Bi's wish to go home

Spoiler

C0WkFLTUUAMieZ3.jpg

C0WkHlQUAAATjmU.jpg
C0WkKfRUoAAXgS5.jpg
C0WkLAGUkAA7xGA.jpg

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because every drop of tears is worth it!

I'll never get tired of saying.. Heo Jung Eun deserves a best actress award! I haven't seen the raw yet, but the preview.. Whew! The tears  My heart's gonna hurt. I'm ready.  Just waiting for the  sub. This drama  deserves recognition! for over all quality.

C0sDe3zUkAE0Pu7.jpg

CzcL13nVQAAFuMr.jpg

Just finished ep 13. I cried... as expected. I laugh and cried but I was sad and cried most times but I was smiling too. The banter between Hwicheol and Geumbi, is precious. But then then realization hit Hwicheol hard- he knew what would happened but after the doctor explained to him the  downhill path of Geumbi's disease- but after hearing from the doctor, he was in haze like  it hasn't  sink in. Well, in denial  something like that. But  Kanghee was there to remind him to be strong, to get a grip of himself and the situation.. From the start, they said they will be there for Geumbi when the time comes that her symptoms becomes worse. And it has. They need to be strong.

The dream that Geumbi keeps having.. it's like foreshadowing, foretelling.  The black figure is like death or evil figure to the good fox . And the last scene, the girl who gave her pneumonia- also patient in the hospital and who shares room, also had the same dream and even showed drawing of the figure to her. I'm not exactly sure what  it's trying to tell us. Of the main characters (Chisoo. Hwicheo, Geumbi) I feel that  one of them will die.. we know how drama works.

I'm amazed at Heo Jung Eun and her!  I hope to see her on stage taking all that love and praise! Totally deserve to be recognized. Who's the youngest recipient of a best actress? Daesang?

This scene below it was good. It wasn't over the top it was just right. And that's what  makes it good!

C00r3QaUAAApqjG.jpg
C00r37UUUAAvyAv.jpg
Spoiler

C018Q3CUUAQrb9F.jpg

I'm a bit short of time right now, but here's the gist  of the preview dialogue.

Kang Hui is suggesting to the maverick mouse-slinging medical experimenter that they should try injecting Geum Bi with the genetically modified serum in the hope of slowing the progession of her disease. We hear the chief pedriatrician protesting that there may be serious side-effects including losing her sense of hearing, but Kang Hui insists that it's a risk worth taking if there's any chance of slowing the development of her symptoms. Hui Cheol furiously disagrees, insisting the danger is too great, and storms off.

The slightly older girl with a sideline in shoplifting and nasty coughing looks at the drawing Geum Bi is doing and asks Geum Bi is that what she saw (in her dreams). When Geum Bi says it is, the other girl says that children who are close to death  as they both are often have dreams like that. They visit the hospital's funeral suite (presumably on the tracks of that other child we witnessed dying in ep 13) and the girl tells her that "all that stuff about Heaven" is just a pack of lies. "When you die, you rot and disappear, and that' s that."

Geum Bi asks Hui Cheol what dying is like, and he angrily tells her to stop talking about such useless things. "But dying doesn't hurt all that much, does it? she counters.

As Hui Cheol is alarmed at the sight of what Geum Bi has drawn, we hear him yelling at her "But you and I are going to die together! Have you forgotten that already?"

Finally, Geum Bi is saying (apparently to both Hui Cheol and Kang Hui) " Promise me  when I die, you'll only cry just a little bit. And don't remember me for too long."

The spirit of that line is rather reminiscent of the end of the 2014 movie 우아한 거짓말  (Elegant Lies, but as usual the "international title" is way off target: something like "Facade of Falsehoods" would catch the sense of the Korean better) and the final portion of the young girl's suicide note in the last of the skeins of knitting wool she left for her family and friends to find one by one, knowing that a long time would pass after her death before that last one came to light where she'd hidden it on a public library bookshelf.  As the movie final credits start to roll, we glimpse that last ball of wool, still undiscovered behind a row of books, and the dead girl's voiceover tells us what her family will read when they eventually find the message inside it. "I'm sure you're all doing fine now  You got over it after a time, didn't you? Thank you for coming through it so well."

I hope everyone's well stocked up with tissues for tomorrow and the week after...

I suspect the central episode today was partly inspired by this. 

I also think that if this episode had aired sooner, Heo Jeong Eun would have been a serious contender for Best Female Actress alongside the adults, not merely best juvenile.

19 minutes ago, baduy said:

I suspect the central episode today was partly inspired by this. 

I also think that if this episode had aired sooner, Heo Jeong Eun would have been a serious contender for Best Female Actress alongside the adults, not merely best juvenile.

Agree. She deserve more than Best Child Actress. But glad to see KBS (or just MC?) help Jung Eun more chance to express in KBS Drama Awards. I hope it will help to increase ratings.

The closing dialogue of today's episode...

GB: Daddy?

HCh: Yes?

GB: Promise me.

HCh: What? What are you wheedling out of me now?

GB: Later on, when I'm really sick and can't remember anything, when I won't know anything at all about what's going on - and it's going to be like that, isn't it? - When that happens, I hope you won't make me have any drastic surgery or painful treatments.

promise01.png

HCh: You want me to promise that?

GB: And also... when I die... cry just a little bit ... but don't remember me for too long.

HCh: Men, and me especially, don't make promises they won't be able to keep.

GB: In that case, if you make me that promise, I guess you'll come to wish you hadn't.

HCh: I guess I just might, you cunning little fox.

GB: Come on, say the usual...

HCh: Uh?

Both together: Gosh, you're ugly!

promise02.png

So help me!  I'm ready. I know I'm gonna  Shed tears. Weep. Cry. Be sentimental. Sad  and yet smiling  then will repeat the process again  once I watch the subs for 14 and 15. This beautiful  drama with amazing acting. How sad for others who hasn't seen this drama.   Heo Jung Eun is such a talent. I'll still say this best actress right now with current drama airing.

Just in case anyone is puzzled by that sequence of delightful BTS clips behind the final credits of today's episode (which normally mark the very end of a series, leading up to the final  "Thank you for watching..." caption) , there is indeed one more episode, next Wednesday, as the caption bottom left assures us.

final.PNG

But I think I can guess why they chose to place those BTS sequences here, rather than at the very end.

Archived