[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hurts and very sad to watch episode 15... the 3 main characters are starting to fight and hurt each other's feelings.

i ended up skipping some of the scenes not because i don't like them, i just can't bear to watch it.

i wonder how the next episode will be like..

WOW! all i can say im really shocked by  Heo Jung Eun  acting.She was a big future actress with some big experience behind her.Ep 15 is heartbreaking.The tension is high and im really sad to see geumbi condition.I want to protect her so bad.I hope she will be ok on the last episode.I love  Heo Jung Eun  a lot and fall in love with her and all actor.Such a bless drama than other drama that currently airing.

Man, what a weird play, huh? I haven't watched 15 yet though.

So they were talking about cyclodextrin as the experimental drug after all.  I did read about that when I joked about Lorenzo's oil, lol.  This is the article I read, btw, if anyone else wants to read.  It's about a couple of kids with NPC receiving cyclodextrin treatment.  (I also just today stumbled upon this article, which I haven't yet read, but I might yet.)

The hearing loss side effect is apparently a real thing with cyclodextrin, too.

Anyway, back to fiction :) Did it cross anyone else's mind that Geum Bi might be the donor for Eun Soo?  Of course, they probably still couldn't bypass the whole transplant list, but even making her an organ donor (if she dies within the show) might be a nice way of tying that up.  Although maybe too nice and neat and tidy if she really does end up being Eun Soo's donor.  I know, I'm so picky. :)

Eun Soo's dad is...who?  He looks so familiar, but I haven't had time to go through the credits yet and try to figure it out.  If anyone knows, though...
Edit: figured it out - Gong Jung Hwan, and Awl would be where I've seen him recently, but I must have seen him in Soulmate too, and Good Doctor. 

Here's Heo Jung Eun winning the young actress prize, subbed by KBS World!  She's such a talented kid.

Her part starts at about 5:50.

And a recent making video:

credit: MyloveKBS

One of my New Year's resolutions is to watch more dramas, and THIS drama is what I picked.  I literally caught up in 2 days and am now waiting for the last episode next week.  This will be one drama I daresay I'll regret NOT watching because it is just so beautiful - story, cast, music, everything!  I read that this drama was a winning entry in a KBS script competition, so I am really happy KBS made this drama despite knowing that they probably can't expect much ratings-wise.  But, if I can have one wish, I really wish Oh Ji Ho's wish during the KBS drama awards for a 10% ratings could come true.  Nonetheless, I'm really happy he and Heo Jung Eun won best couple award and she got her other award too because they really deserve it.

Btw, the song with kids' voices that always get played in the drama so much so I'm beginning to think of it as "Geum-Bi's theme song" - is it one of the OST?  I think I've gone through all the posted OSTs here (thank you!!), but didn't find it.  Does anyone know which song I meant?

p/s:  I am desperately wishing for a miracle next week even though I did prepare myself before watching this drama.  Sigh.

Can this drama more sad? Recently, I give up Kim Bok Joo and Legend too.LMH in Legend always hurt JJH for no reason. It's too annoying to watch.

I'm so scared when watch Geum Bi walk with her dad. I'm scared that she will die right now. But glad to see that she stills alive. Thanks dramagod.
I'm so suprised with the jump time too. I'm so curious with final eps? What they will show for us?
Anyway, hope rating hit 8% next week.

I've been wanting to say this. Please don't hate me. This drama deserves better ratings than Legend of the Blue Sea......in my opinion.

Heo Jung Eun won best child actress.   In my opinion, she is the Best Actress!  A Daesang! Yes, she's really that good!  I agree with tweeps  sentiments.  To fully understand, you'd have to watch from the very first episode. She's simply impressive. Not overly powering, not. over the top acting. Simply put, she's brilliant!

C1C79O6UsAA_NTo.jpg cto

OT hope y'all don't mind  just  to have break from crying hearts.  Liking the below post. I can bet it's gonna be melodrama ^^

"Possible pairings for 2017..Knets are anticipating JoongKi and JungEun's pairing the most..lol"  (cr twt pearl)

http://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000938261&rankingType=default&rankingDate=20170106

------

Watching ep 15. thoughts later.   Then one more episode to go.. ep 16 . The tears I'm gonna cry! you can''t imagine. I'm not ready.

Whew! my heart.. too much crying! Tears like ocean!

Geumbi is synonymous to crying. This is an emotional drama. There are laughs as well esp with the witty banter between Hwicheol and Geumbi but for the most part... it's gonna make you cry.  For the lurkers trying to check - us intl viewers and tweeps,  there's not one episode that  we didn't cry. Every episode you'll shed tears, you'll cry, you'll weep. Your hearts gonna hurt but you have to endure your tears will all be worth watching Geumbi! This iunderrated drama  deserves recognition,ratings,  awards! again if you watch this from the start, you'll know.

Ep 14 I cried a lot. The coffin scene. when she was trying to find out  what it feels like die so she laid inside that dark box and talked about death.. her dialogue inside that dark coffin.. you really have to watch and appreciate the quiet brilliance.  I dunno how to  upload so just waiting for tweep to do so then I'll share it here.

And this this scene below.. I was weeping silently and had to pause.. wiping tears.

Heo Jung Eun'a brillance! You need to watch the whole drama to understand why she deserves major awards. I mean not just like best child actor but really  best actress! Oh well my thoughts on previous page.

C1eT_CDUsAAim3z.jpg

Oh Ji Ho as Hwicheol...I applaud this actor! I don't care what rude knetz say about him. I know good drama and wonderful acting when I see one.

Spoiler

C1epbfvWgAADD2T.jpg

Spoiler

C1epcixWQAAo1CU.jpg

Spoiler

C1epde3WgAEH6mE.jpg

pics ctto

On 1/5/2017 at 11:05 PM, marypots08 said:

It hurts and very sad to watch episode 15... the 3 main characters are starting to fight and hurt each other's feelings.

i ended up skipping some of the scenes not because i don't like them, i just can't bear to watch it.

i wonder how the next episode will be like..

@marypots08 my crying eyes right now! I am like you I had to paused. ep 15 . It's so ..it's depressing, its hard on the heart.   And all I could utter was stop  putting injection on her spinal cord, stop already.

Geumbi's conditions is taking its toll on each of them.  Imagine  injection flue shots on her spinal cord!  when  she lost her sense of hearing, when she can barely walk,  when she can't even hold  chopsticks anymore,  when she's tired of doing the therapy

Heo Jung Eun is amazingly brilliant!  should win Daesang! ( is that like an Oscar? in Korea?). I've watched this drama   when it premiered  never missed an episode. I'll never be tired of saying how  good she is!

C1anXKeUsAAPEkl.jpg

And the promised Hwicheol made to Geumbi see.. sunset. Same thing that Jaeha did on earlier episodes. ❤️❤️
Spoiler

C1dZT_tUQAEeZ5G.jpg

Spoiler

C1fBjWPXAAIpP6_.jpg

Spoiler

C1fBkiEXgAEV0RN.jpg

pics cr: to owner/twt

On 1/6/2017 at 9:28 PM, jongski said:

@marypots08 my crying eyes right now! I am like you I had to paused. ep 15 . It's so ..it's depressing, its hard on the heart.   And all I could utter was stop  putting injection on her spinal cord, stop already.

Geumbi's conditions is taking its toll on each of them.  Imagine  injection flue shots on her spinal cord!  when  she lost her sense of hearing, when she can barely walk,  when she can't even hold  chopsticks anymore,  when she's tired of doing the therapy

Heo Jung Eun is amazingly brilliant!  should win Daesang! ( is that like an Oscar? in Korea?). I've watched this drama   when it premiered  never missed an episode. I'll never be tired of saying how  good she is!

And the promised Hwicheol made to Geumbi see.. sunset. Same thing that Jaeha did on earlier episodes. ❤️❤️

pics cr: to owner/twt

@jongski this is very sad. I'm now not expecting a happy ending next week. I just read the summary of what's going to be expected next week... it seems that geum bi will not recognize herself in the mirror. As what kang hee said, they will now experience what they only know before.

i just hope that before her disease eats her up, she gets to see her younger sibling from hwi chul and kang hee. She asked for them to have one soon..

In all my kdrama viewing. This is the only drama where every single episode, I cried.

I'm going to be very emotional.  I have never missed an episode of Geumbi and for every episode, my tears fell. When even the previews you will  shed them too.  Not once did I not cry on this drama.  For me and for the fans mostly international fans who has been following this, it's the same exact sentiments.

On Wednesday, we'll have the last episode. Ep 16. Whether Geumbi lives  or dies. Whether it's sad or happy ending. I know I'll cry. 

One thing is for sure, this is type of drama one watches for the story, the acting, writing, directing, even cinematography.  A drama devoid of any major stars nor big budget production, can be come high quality. 

This drama  showed me, acting brilliance of Heo Jung Eun! that  the youngest female lead deserved a Daesang.

And Inside the dark coffin she lay, talking about life and death.....

Spoiler

C1qWTQbVIAE0Qzu.jpg

C1qWTv0UQAA1IPL.jpg
C1qWVSOUQAAmtOP.jpg
C1qWWJ4VEAAARE_.jpg

cr:pammmy

Hello here!! New to this drama, new  to this thread.

Just finished watching eps 15 & so many cries!! The little girl is doing such an awesome job, she's breathtaking in this role!! :heart: I'm already preparing myself to cry a river for the last eps :tears:

Oh and I LOOOOVE when GeumBi says "You're ugly"!! :lol: She's killing everyone with this innocent yet so striking phrase B)

@jongski We all waiting for the ending whether she alive or die.I hope we get what we want which is geumbi survive,hwi cheol and kang hee live happily,chi soo and geumbi teacher couple,etc.

@ecs707aThe bts healed my sympathy toward geumbi which is i realized its just a great drama potrayed by heo jung eun.

Anybody know what kind of doll that appear in geumbi dream and i saw at ost 9 that she hold it.I love the doll.

I watched this drama by mistake. I was bored so I decided to jump into the wagon. Little did I know that I will be super hooked to this wonderfully made drama. 

The actress who played Geum Bi is such an excellent kid actress. She managed to pull my heart strings every single episode. This drama taught me a lot of things in life.

Did I say I watched this drama by mistake? Yes. It turns out that it was the best mistake that I have ever made. 

Archived