[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

For MLSHR to have made it in the final round is indeed good news, but I really cannot say I understand the results (or more precisely the algorithm behind them). Is it just me or it seems rather biased? The lead was quite obvious for our team, yet (if I understand correctly) we are on the second place? And if so, how can we make sure we will not have such surprises in the final round? From this round it seems that the judges can upturn any result, so all the efforts of the MLSHR could be quite useless in the end. Maybe I did not understand the rules (and if so, I apologize), but I am a bit confused :( 

• Like 9

Hi all.. I am one of the loyal silent lurkers and also stubborn shipper here. This thread has become a part of my real life. No matter what happened I will always make time to check on this thread, and you all usually make my day better ^-^

I've been here since months ago (maybe since Dec 2016), I love reading all of your analysis and I must admit most of you are seriously brilliant detective kekekek... I decided to create an account at last to join the vote. 

I believe there are still tons of silent lurker like me out there sending much love and prayer for our JoonU from around the world.

Nice to know you all :)

Edited by caylee
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, silentwind said:

For MLSHR to have made it in the final round is indeed good news, but I really cannot say I understand the results (or more precisely the algorithm behind them). Is it just me or it seems rather biased? The lead was quite obvious for our team, yet (if I understand correctly) we are on the second place? And if so, how can we make sure we will not have such surprises in the final round? From this round it seems that the judges can upturn any result, so all the efforts of the MLSHR could be quite useless in the end. Maybe I did not understand the rules (and if so, I apologize), but I am a bit confused :( 

I totally understand your worry and confusion. Had the same thought too, that at anytime it can be turned around just because of the judges vote. At least the judges voting result was published, so it is an open result. We can only hope that judges will vote objectively. The thing is, everything come down to the creativity and writing skills of the members working on the submission. A great drama without such supporters will definitely suffer.... If it were up to me, the drama award should just be given to the thread with most views or most replies, because that alone already shows how popular the drama is.

As for the second place or first place, it seems like there were multiple votes from the final result, so the final poll wasn't reflective of the number of valid votes.... which means that it is still possible to vote more than once? Anyhow, let's just try our best and make sure we lead for the viewers voting so that even with the judges vote, we can still win the final round.

• Like 9

If we want to win we need to up the game. We need to show more in depth analysis of ML. Fighting chingus! But I was quite disappointed that dots and us got 1 vote each only. I read dots and I thought it was good too. And 6 voted for W together. Luckily we had more supporters than W so we pulled through after the votes were combined. 

• Like 9

Is there any info about what the final round consists of? Maybe I am not looking in the right place, but I cannot seem to find it (or maybe no info about it is published yet?)

I could give a helping hand if needed (I also work as a script writer besides my main job - which accidentally involves writing as well). Unfortunately I have very little spare time, but since it is such an important round and I like this thread so much and decided to finally make an account, I could use some of it to help, if you need more helpers in preparing the stuff (this would mean an extra reason for me to watch the drama - or at least parts of it - again, yay! :D )

• Like 12

@silentwind it's in the first page of k-dramas and movies. I don't know how to paste link, so here it is below after copy pasting.

FINAL ROUND : The villain(s)

Please follow these guidelines :

• The type of villain she/he is  ( eg: tragic villain, serial killer, psychopath, etc.)
  • discuss the villain(s) background
  • discuss his/her relationship with the OTP ( if any)
  • discuss his/her motives
  • discuss his/ her goals
  • discuss his/ her traits
  • discuss his/her impact on the plot advancement
  • describe his/her iconic scene ( NB :  for each villain = a description)
  •  

• Like 6

@ktcjdrama, thanks! Pretty interesting (although, imho, this would have better fit to a preliminary round, and the previous one, which is more complex in relation to all the main aspects of the drama would have been perfect for a final round). Well, I would say the real villain is the queen here. The third prince is rather the product of his own times, he is not evil per se (hence his tragic death - if he would not have been suffocated with guilt his story would have definitely been different). As compared to that Yoo lady who has some high degree of pure evilness in her (yes, her actions were also rooted in the times she was living in, but what sets her apart is her total lack of remorse - perhaps her only human trait is the feeling quite close to love which she has towards the third prince). Just my two cents.

What is interesting in the drama though is that we do not really have a 100% evil character, since each character has strong reasons for their actions (even the queen, although she is the closest to pure 100%).

• Like 9

@silentwind I believe round 3 is still to be announced. @meahri_1 will surely need all the help to get across our message across that MLSHR was indeed the best drama in 2016. I share @meahri_1's hope that it will become a cult classic.

@caylee and @paulina79 Welcome aboard the ship. Better late than never. Don't forget to wear your %E5%A4%A7%E5%8F%B7%E6%B0%B4%E4%B8%8A%E8% and hold on tight for our ship sails itself.

@ktcjdrama Nearly everyone was a villain including YH and Wook. I think one factor working against us is there are too many characters.

On my part, one motivation for trying hard to help MLSHR win is for the drama to somehow overcome the misconception of some that it was a flop, just because the other drama was favored by the 400 something households polled in SK. It is an underrated drama despite being loved by a lot of South Koreans, much more by international fans, and even won the K Culture Pride Grand Prize in Korea Brand Awards.

So let's keep on fighting for MLSHR. After all, its individual charm and JoonU are the reasons why we are still here.

EDIT - Thanks, @ktcjdrama for posting round 3. Wonder how much time we have to prepare.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

It's weird @chi13lou Berou's link above isn't working for me.

Annyeong @chi13lou and everyone else!! We'll have to do double-exposure on both threads, but we'll need to post everything about round 3 in the main thread first before the shipper's thread. I'm starting a strategy discussion there first. :)

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, silentwind said:

@ktcjdrama, thanks! Pretty interesting (although, imho, this would have better fit to a preliminary round, and the previous one, which is more complex in relation to all the main aspects of the drama would have been perfect for a final round). Well, I would say the real villain is the queen here. The third prince is rather the product of his own times, he is not evil per se (hence his tragic death - if he would not have been suffocated with guilt his story would have definitely been different). As compared to that Yoo lady who has some high degree of pure evilness in her (yes, her actions were also rooted in the times she was living in, but what sets her apart is her total lack of remorse - perhaps her only human trait is the feeling quite close to love which she has towards the third prince). Just my two cents.

What is interesting in the drama though is that we do not really have a 100% evil character, since each character has strong reasons for their actions (even the queen, although she is the closest to pure 100%).

I agree. This one should be in the second round, and some points in the second round should be for final round instead. The second round requirement is so much and difficult (wide and broad), now in final round, we only need to concentrate on one aspect...

• Like 7

I suggest we do all our discussion in the main thread to keep them together without having to go back and forth between two threads, and update again about the voting here once it is ready. That way, our shippers thread is clean with only happy fluffy stuff and no villains need to make any unnecessary visit here :wink::D

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, silentwind said:

Sorry for asking if perhaps it is obvious, but which thread exactly is for the discussions about how to prepare for the final round? (The link above is not working). Thanks! :)

i tagged u also to the thread see if u can access. Great to have ur help!

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

what did he write? his caption? why im feeling so tingling with excitement despite of know nothing  :joy: 

someone commented on JG post helping to translate what he wrote and what his caption. What JG writes is that JG felt grateful and wanna thank fans for their support for CM, JG reminded fans to watch CM every week on wednesday & thursday. And his IG caption: please write back to me ^^

• Like 9

3 hours ago, deori said:

someone commented on JG post helping to translate what he wrote and what his caption. What JG writes is that JG felt grateful and wanna thank fans for their support for CM, JG reminded fans to watch CM every week on wednesday & thursday. And his IG caption: please write back to me ^^

Any specific person to write back to him. A person who's IG he commented last Friday perhaps.

• Like 7