[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

INSTAGRAM GAME UPDATE:

1a. Another "For You" reference (@akinahana89)
[Joon Gi JUST posted an SG video clip on his IG account... of "For You". AGAIN!! KYAAAAA~~~]
1b. Clip of "For You" at upcoming March Singapore event compiled with "For You" from HK FM (@NoonaE)
2. Criminal Minds role status (@chi13lou)
3. More yellow and gold themes (@akinahana89 @farida1012)
4. "All In" or "I'm all in" (@meahri_1)
5. "This is it" (@akinahana89)
6. "All the way" (@akinahana89)
7. Star emoticons (@akinahana89)
8. "Happy" (@chi13lou)
9. A clip of Joon Gi singing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (@akinahana89 @Lampel @riuenu)
10. A picture of one of the recent SHR cast get-togethers (@chi13lou @nsyavita @meeibe16 @kilovekyo @riuenu @junee22)
[Z.Hera's IG story with the BBQ after the Retrial movie premiere hints at a SHR cast get together. Joongi and IU's voice was clearly heard, amongst many of the other SHR cast members]

11. A clip of Joon Gi singing "Not a Bad Thing" or "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake (@WH)
12. A reference or cover of "Fields of Gold" by Sting (IU covered this song before too!) (@latinoona)
13. A more specific love related photo or video, especially for Valentine's Day (@nsyavita @sooji28 @kilovekyo @junee22)
14. More cryptic, hidden messages (i.e. "22 post" where, in Hangeul, '2' is similar to 'Lee') (@mooncookies24)
[Joongi's eye post where "JE" was hidden in his eyes]

15. Something similar to "we can make it" (@mooncookies24)
16. References to Joon Gi's song "Now (Jigeum)" (@mooncookies24)
17. A direct announcement that he's dating Jieun (@sooji28)
18. Any variation of the phrase, "You are my Valentine."
(@gijoe8)
19. "Today is/was a good day." (@desvlo)
[Joongi's "Have a good day my angel's" post from February 8th]

20. Lovey dovey, "I won't give up on us" songs (@NoonaE)
21. Song lyric hints (@kilovekyo)
22. Changing captions/IG profile descriptions (i.e. "Thx & Love U all" to "Thx & I Love U all") (@marimari00)
23. A clip of Joon Gi and Jieun singing a duet of "Lucky" by Colbie Caillat (@riuenu)
24. A photo of Joon Gi and Jieun together (@riuenu)
25. Proof of Joon Gi and Jieun guesting/attending each other's birthday celebrations (@WH)
26. A tiger reference of any kind (@berny)

List for Jieun:

1. A clip of Jieun singing "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton (@nsyavita)
2. A clip of Jieun singing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (@chi13lou)
3. An updated clip of Jieun signing "Marry You" by Bruno Mars (@riuenu)
4. A clip of Joon Gi and Jieun singing a duet of "Lucky" by Colbie Caillat (@riuenu)

1a has just been fulfilled!! KYAAAA~~~ I LOVE For You!!

• Like 24

5 hours ago, starcandy0516 said:

I said this .. This is reality show afterall guys .. No need to worry about it. JG and his candies only talked until the battery is off. Can't be compared to JE. Looking at how they used Italy as background, how the cameraman filmed them, how JG narrated "Fate like meeting in this space. Could I find it?", JG was pretending riding the bicycle like scene from movie and they used a lot of background musics, JG and his candy basically just filmed movie with reality show as format haha

Rather than lover, I saw this show as more of looking for someone nice to talk to... Someone with the same waves... And thats it. At least so. 

That said, calm yo richard simmons folks. Like jimong said, everything happens for a reason. :D I'll just went que sera sera at this

• Like 20

I haven't posted here for a while, or in Soompi for that matter so I just missed it. :D 

Anyway, I just got back from Singapore and I had a blast. I'm going to do a fanmeeting account soon, but I might just post it on the Lee Joon Gi thread. 

On the topic of Joon Gi's Ear's Candy participation, I think it's unfair for us to be upset about it. First of all, it's reality TV. Second, he's an actor. It's also unfair for some people here to assume the worst from him, pre-supposing that he is a flirtatious individual or an insensitive man who easily disregards the feelings of fans and Ji Eun alike. We're actually in no place to demand because, in the first place, everything that we have speculated so far are just that, speculations. From even half of what we know of him, he'll never do anything scandalous or annoying. So please keep the passive aggressive comments down, guys. It gets me riled up lol sorry. 

• Like 22

30 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Regarding Joon Gi's surprise filming for My Ear Candy, I actually have a rather plausible theory. I've shared it only with a few Stargazers, but they are all in agreement that my theory makes sense.

I think My Ear Candy is a simple stepping stone for his relationship with Jieun. A stepping stone to going public and gaining approval/support from his fans, especially all of those really possessive ones that never want him to date or marry.

As we've continuously seen, Joon Gi has been really obvious about his feelings for Jieun. The Instaflirting, the way he acts around her, etc. It wouldn't take much to expose. Haha. Even Jieun has been pretty open, albeit subconsciously, about her feelings for him. It's a certainty that they will want to go public, just because they can't seem to contain their own giddiness and love from the public.

The problem, again, is gaining fan's support. This is harder for Joon Gi than it is for Jieun.

His fans are used to him doing everything for them and can't accept that Joon Gi has someone important in his life now and will want to put her first before them. It doesn't even diminish his love for his fans, but they are probably scared and jealous of being replaced, even though Joon Gi wouldn't do that. lol. I mean, a career is kind of hard without fans, right? And he truly loves all his fans too.

So his appearance on My Ear Candy serves the purpose of slowly easing his fans into accepting the side of him he has never exposed before. The side of him that's charming and flirty to a woman. The side of him that is obviously in love with a woman. Since it is Joon Gi, they will tune into the episodes. No doubt about that. And they will see him in a way they've never seen him before. Once they have been given that view, Joon Gi can use another stepping stone and another and another until he reaches the point where he can go fully public with Jieun.

I think it's out of consideration for his fans since he wouldn't want to just suddenly spring a confirmed dating news on them.

From his historical timeline, he went from being an actor who only looked at his fans to an actor who wanted approval to date but never got it (2015 FM). This time, Joon Gi is determined to date, regardless of whether or not his fans approve, but he's keeping them in mind and easing them into that concept. You can see how the steps have increased over the years until Joon Gi has reached this point where he's willing to go on a variety show of this type just for the people he loves: seeking love and approval for Jieun from his fans and helping his fans to slowly accept he is this kind of man, a man that needs and wants love too.

So, I don't know about you, but I'm personally really excited to watch his episodes and see if we can pick up any crumbs along the way. ^^

I'm super agree with U Captain!!! 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

Regarding Joon Gi's surprise filming for My Ear Candy, I actually have a rather plausible theory. I've shared it only with a few Stargazers, but they are all in agreement that my theory makes sense.

I think My Ear Candy is a simple stepping stone for his relationship with Jieun. A stepping stone to going public and gaining approval/support from his fans, especially all of those really possessive ones that never want him to date or marry.

As we've continuously seen, Joon Gi has been really obvious about his feelings for Jieun. The Instaflirting, the way he acts around her, etc. It wouldn't take much to expose. Haha. Even Jieun has been pretty open, albeit subconsciously, about her feelings for him. It's a certainty that they will want to go public, just because they can't seem to contain their own giddiness and love from the public.

The problem, again, is gaining fan's support. This is harder for Joon Gi than it is for Jieun.

His fans are used to him doing everything for them and can't accept that Joon Gi has someone important in his life now and will want to put her first before them. It doesn't even diminish his love for his fans, but they are probably scared and jealous of being replaced, even though Joon Gi wouldn't do that. lol. I mean, a career is kind of hard without fans, right? And he truly loves all his fans too.

So his appearance on My Ear Candy serves the purpose of slowly easing his fans into accepting the side of him he has never exposed before. The side of him that's charming and flirty to a woman. The side of him that is obviously in love with a woman. Since it is Joon Gi, they will tune into the episodes. No doubt about that. And they will see him in a way they've never seen him before. Once they have been given that view, Joon Gi can use another stepping stone and another and another until he reaches the point where he can go fully public with Jieun.

I think it's out of consideration for his fans since he wouldn't want to just suddenly spring a confirmed dating news on them.

From his historical timeline, he went from being an actor who only looked at his fans to an actor who wanted approval to date but never got it (2015 FM). This time, Joon Gi is determined to date, regardless of whether or not his fans approve, but he's keeping them in mind and easing them into that concept. You can see how the steps have increased over the years until Joon Gi has reached this point where he's willing to go on a variety show of this type just for the people he loves: seeking love and approval for Jieun from his fans and helping his fans to slowly accept he is this kind of man, a man that needs and wants love too.

So, I don't know about you, but I'm personally really excited to watch his episodes and see if we can pick up any crumbs along the way. ^^

Thank you for the enlightenment, capt @akinahana89 :)

I borrow your words : "a simple stepping stone for his relationship with Ji Eun" , kyaaa love it :wub:

• Like 20

omg! its been a while for me to post here after much lurking... got addicted in reading fanfics of our OTP, while being busy in RL.. (since crumbs are so few these past few weeks..)

regarding my ear's candy, well, i saw the preview (and saw  him getting excited in the sofa, i cant handle it) and as much as i do not like him "flirting" with other celebrities, depending on when he agreed to appear in this show, i was thinking: 1) it would lure eyes away from our OTP  2) he's kinda interested in the format  3) he gets to be in other country.. 4) he can see if it was wang so's feeling or LJG feeling to JE hahahaha (delulu)

id still watch it though, because i like him and its just a project (i believe its not shot more than one day)

i think its just work on his part, challenging himself on the act "romantic guy" department since he admitted he felt short acting those scenes...

do they get to call more than one candy? or just one candy for a few episode? im planning to watch one just to get an idea... at least its not we got married... or else hahaha

(i just need to get this off my mind... this ear's candy ep,, argh, edit: oh there's also choi ji woo in same episode hahaha)

(i also like the "stepping stone" theory, it would slowly make his fans think that he needs love asap and their approval... haha)

• Like 19

it appears that even well known celebrities are casted in here too, i like Jang geun suk episodes (and he has many candies he talked to..) - i want full eps of this since its more natural for them to interact since they are only talking to the phone and not meeting the person..

its not really a show to be romantic, though sometimes it cant be denied if there's chemistry.. you get to see 2 celebrities being phonepals (and making new friends in the industry theyre in, so its good) for time being (that until the battery went zilch or guessed his candy?)

so i can calmly say its just JG talking to someone so he could guess who he was talking to, just like a comfy interview.. yes its a getting to know show, but being friendly does not hurt, he might actually get to work with them in the future... i think i would like him to talk to more than one candy i guess haha so he wont be too immersed on one candy only...

i still believe in JoonU (and the fact he said "idol" while talking- was he hoping hahaha, but i guess he should know JE's voice, maybe he was asking if she's an idol)..

• Like 13