[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

6 minutes ago, marimari00 said:

This may sound harsh but JG really did brought this all upon himself because of the reasons you mentioned above chinggu. He doesn't owe anybody his private life but he didn't need to outright lie and deny JHB three times plus play the public that he's been living such a lonely life. He is a talented actor who can act and carry a show on his own. He didn't need to do excessive fan service and looking at it now, his behaviour during the MLSHR BTS and SAF should not reflect that of a dating guy  and I admire JE for responding to him with such grace and propriety the entire time. Anyway, goodluck to him and all his future endeavours. I will still keep up with him and watch his shows but will draw the line from there. :angry:

Where my Catholics at? Easter is coming up and I recall something about Peter denying Jesus three times.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, marimari00 said:

This may sound harsh but JG really did brought this all upon himself because of the reasons you mentioned above chinggu. He doesn't owe anybody his private life but he didn't need to outright lie and deny JHB three times plus play the public that he's been living such a lonely life. He is a talented actor who can act and carry a show on his own. He didn't need to do excessive fan service and looking at it now, his behaviour during the MLSHR BTS and SAF should not reflect that of a dating guy  and I admire JE for responding to him with such grace and propriety the entire time. Anyway, goodluck to him and all his future endeavours. I will still keep up with him and watch his shows but will draw the line from there. :angry:

True! In most of the bad comments I've read  people are not against their relationship (his and JHB's), but they are angry at him because they feel played (he has been going on for years about how miserably single, lonely he is). So at least their relationship (again, his and JHB's) is not under attack (as far as I know)!

• Like 12

Well, JG's dating news wasn't what I wanted to wake up to this morning. I felt stung, foolish, heartbroken... but honestly, the next thing I felt was relief. I can stop overanalyzing everything and go back to enjoying JG and IU's relationship for what it is. As I've said before, them being with other people won't stop me from enjoying their friendship, onscreen chemistry, and wanting to see them in another project together. They brought Wang So and Hae Soo to life, and I love those characters so much. A dating "scandal" isn't going to ruin MLSHR for me, or make me think less of JG.

Don't get me wrong. I wanted a different outcome. I understand why people feel hurt. Truthfully, I thought JG and JHB were in a secret relationship up until the interview last fall in which JG flat out stated he wasn't dating. I took his words at face value, and then began thinking they had probably broken up, which led me to considering the possibility of JG/JE. But at the end of the day, we don't really know these people. This is the conundrum with shipping - it's so enticing, but it leads you to start treating people as though they're fictional characters you can analyze, when you really can't. Especially when it comes to relationships. Given the netizen reaction to this news, is it any wonder JG wanted to keep it a secret?

Spoiler

Also, I think it's unfair for people to turn on JG and assume he led IU on, or that she was uncomfortable with the skinship. They've both been so supportive of each other and speak so highly of each other. Just because their relationship isn't romantic doesn't mean their friendship or consideration for each other isn't real. I know what I'm saying might be a bit contradictory because I just said we don't really know them - but I do believe the MLSHR cast's friendship is true. And I'm really grateful that they tried to give So/Soo fans closure when the ending of the drama didn't. I think the fanservice came from a place of good intentions. I don't think JG wanted to hurt anyone. I hope saying this doesn't offend anyone.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a great rest of the week. <3

• Like 20

22 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Where my Catholics at? Easter is coming up and I recall something about Peter denying Jesus three times.

YAHHH Chinggu I was trying my bestest at being mad with JG right now and you just had to break my cover. I am Catholic too (only on some Sundays keke) and I could've sworn it was Judas that denied him three times. Guess I should brush up on my Bible reading now. I'm still unimpressed with JG though!

21 minutes ago, paldia said:

True! In most of the bad comments I've read  people are not against their relationship, but they are angry at him because they feel played (he has been going on for years about how miserably single, lonely he is). So at least their relationship is not under attack (as far as I know)!

It's understandable why people feel betrayed truly and this whole thing really puts a huge dent on JG's character for me. If ever the BBJX curse happens down the line (if a wedding announcement doesn't come out in the next few months first) I'd probably be one of the first few who will say don't do it JE! 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, realmsoflove said:

Well, JG's dating news wasn't what I wanted to wake up to this morning. I felt stung, foolish, heartbroken... but honestly, the next thing I felt was relief. I can stop overanalyzing everything and go back to enjoying JG and IU's relationship for what it is. As I've said before, them being with other people won't stop me from enjoying their friendship, onscreen chemistry, and wanting to see them in another project together. They brought Wang So and Hae Soo to life, and I love those characters so much. A dating "scandal" isn't going to ruin MLSHR for me, or make me think less of JG.

Don't get me wrong. I wanted a different outcome. I understand why people feel hurt. Truthfully, I thought JG and JHB were in a secret relationship up until the interview last fall in which JG flat out stated he wasn't dating. I took his words at face value, and then began thinking they had probably broken up, which led me to considering the possibility of JG/JE. But at the end of the day, we don't really know these people. This is the conundrum with shipping - it's so enticing, but it leads you to start treating people as though they're fictional characters you can analyze, when you really can't. Especially when it comes to relationships. Given the netizen reaction to this news, is it any wonder JG wanted to keep it a secret?

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I think it's unfair for people to turn on JG and assume he led IU on, or that she was uncomfortable with the skinship. They've both been so supportive of each other and speak so highly of each other. Just because their relationship isn't romantic doesn't mean their friendship or consideration for each other isn't real. I know what I'm saying might be a bit contradictory because I just said we don't really know them - but I do believe the MLSHR cast's friendship is true. And I'm really grateful that they tried to give So/Soo fans closure when the ending of the drama didn't. I think the fanservice came from a place of good intentions. I don't think JG wanted to hurt anyone. I hope saying this doesn't offend anyone.

I think the main problem here is not about him keeping his relationship a secret. The main thing that most people are angry about is that he has been going on and on about being lonely and single in most of his interviews. He has reach a marriageable age and most fans are rooting for him to settle down. Though MEC is a variety show, his fans are seeing the chemistry he has with PMY; and shippers of JoonU, him with JE.... all they wanted is hopefully he finds love somewhere soon and get married since he's always saying he is lonely, but BAM... the cat is out of the bag, he's actually been dating all along.... not hard to understand why they felt betrayed.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, marimari00 said:

There are two people in a relationship. Why does the burden fall only on LJG? They most likely discussed what they wanted to do together - I find it extremely hard to believe that an issue as important as coming clean or not wasn't a topic of discussion between them. And if JHB had a huge problem with his attitude (his Western tendencies towards touching, etc), I highly doubt they would still be together now. At the end of the day, only they know their own relationship - the idea that he's somehow running amok and doing all this without some kind of understanding on her part is ludicrous. LJG is not the sort of person who would knowingly hurt someone he cares about. If this "scandal" has proven to you otherwise, I don't know what to say.

And even though some of you are now looking upon the past with a more cynical lens, let's not forget JE's kind words regarding him during her Taiwan concert and his fanmeeting. She herself has reiterated how kind he is and how he helped her during drama filming. Or what? Are JE's words not good enough? JG has done nothing but praise her and support her - I appreciate him doing so as her friend.

3 hours ago, realmsoflove said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you so much for this write-up. You put everything I wanted to say into words much more eloquently than I could've. I agree 100%. Why is everyone so quick to dismiss their friendship? :/

• Like 13

The more I read poeple's comment on JG's IG in the 4 languages I can understand, the more I get to this conclusion that this was all due to bad timing of events. Like the MEC show.  And the timing, well it was all the universe's cunning plan, that same universe we put our faiths in to canon our JoonU ship. Isn't it ironic? 

giphy.gif

kkk, I remember today I was literally asking myself why everything is so boring, the never ending cycle of getting up, studing like a fool for 12 hours, eating and sleeping and nothing happened. Then God gave me hell, I was no longer bored...Thanks God :expressionless:

So with all that has happened, I don't know what to think anymore, I'm mad at people criticising JG and more mad at him giving them reasons. Can they give us a break already? This one single day took away a year of my life, I feel tired and hopeless like a soldier in a war. I could really punch JG with one of his own significant Horya chagi kicks he's a master in.

giphy.gif

If all this was just out of childishness, then give a proper apology so the fire cools down. (Though I still believe this was his decision and respect it)

If you had reasons, then explain so they understand. (Though I still think he doesn't need to explain himself but the media is mostly against what he did so it's best if he did)

If this is just a scandal, then deny it, damn you! Even if your agency has confirmed it. Do something! :crazy: Anything! 

35 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

And even though some of you are now looking upon the past with a more cynical lens, let's not forget JE's kind words regarding him during her Taiwan concert and his fanmeeting. She herself has reiterated how kind he is and how he helped her during drama filming. Or what? Are JE's words not good enough? JG has done nothing but praise her and support her - I appreciate him doing so as her friend.

Is true. IU is not friend of anyone...or have this kind of appreciation just for anyone. She even said that to her make up artist about Kang Ha Na. If IU feels that way towards him is because he is someone who deserves that appreciation.

• Like 18

8 hours ago, postnihilism said:

Amen. 

I'm amused by those responding to this news with "finally the IU/LJG ship is sunk"! Listen, children. If the Kate and Leo ship is still going strong after 20 years and 3 spouses, then Lee flipping Joongi dating another girl for a little over a year is some small potatoes. 

I do understand that people are disappointed by Joongi's conduct. I'm not really deterred, though, because to me it's not really about right or wrong. IU also was already taken when this all began. And unlike LJG, she was self-professedly madly in love with Kiha and had been with him longer. Clearly that didn't stop JoonU from getting close! Now we've found out LJG too was attached while he was having all this offscreen chemistry with IU. What this really just proves is that the JoonU chemistry is SORDID YET UNSTOPPABLE. It's fine. I love a good forbidden attraction! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

... So yeah, I'm not going anywhere. :lol: Perversely looking forward to Joongi's fanmeet... Hope he's not suffering too much, the poor scoundrel... 

I love you. :heart: That's my confession for today. LOL

If Joongi doesn't end up canceling his Birthday FM from fan backlash, he is definitely going to have to say something to clarify and explain himself and his relationship with JHB. His fans won't stay still if he chooses to ignore this dating news while on stage with them. Either way, I think we'll have more insight soon.

Whatever the case may be, it doesn't diminish JoonU's close friendship or the bond they created with the whole MLSHR family. We'll just have to let fate decide the course for everyone involved: Joongi, Jieun, and Hyebin.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

Almost 20,000 upvotes for comments that doesn't sound positive. 

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0002894456

I think one comment is mentioning IU, something like there will be no more rumors with IU. 

Honestly, I feel bad for him because I don't think he is a bad person. I was disappointed but I still like him as a member of the Moon Lover's family. He is not the first nor the last celebrity that tries to fake something in him for promotional purposes. Is only that in his case was too much. Hope he learns from this and be completely true to himself in the future. I think IU and him have great chemistry... I am not against him acting with her in other drama. I think their friendship is true.    

So true..I will still support him but for this time being I hope he will reflect for what he has been done to us.Be true to himself, no need to pretend anymore and be real boyfriend to JHB:(

Another shipping couple that I cherish but this one is the real one..Just my rant.Feel free to pass ..but the namja is way different than JG..A private one(no fan service or whatsoever)

Spoiler

I'm elf and teuksora lover,when the news about Kang Sora and hyun bin dating come out last year..I feel the same like yesterday sad and hurt..I ship Sora with leetuk since 2011..

Hyun bin and Sora just met around early October 2016 and they began dating just 2 weeks in the middle of December when the dating relationship is confirmed...For me hyun bin is just a real man ,he just admit the relationship because it's the truth (even though no pictures of them or whatsoever)..From that day I began to admire him and accept him for Sora.it's not because of him being a handsome and great looking (sorry Leetuk) but because he is willing to admit it to his fans about his relationship with Sora..(teuksora fandoms is sunk,hyun bin ha jin won fandoms is sunk,hyun bin ha jin min shipping thread,hyun bin song hye kyo thread was sunk)..But mostly fans welcome them.I think I need to ship JoonU light-hearted ly and focus more on BinSora from now on:(

• Like 13

5 hours ago, caramelovers75 said:

Kekekekeke~ This is our karma, I guess. Sorry Ha Neul ssi, it turn out that we are a fool too, not just you! Kekekeke~

Damn! That's the saddest, tragic and the most fool part of us. But I'm not regret it! Let be a fools together!! LOL!! I love all stargazer in this thread anyway!! Kekeke!! If we are being fooled by our OTP, so let's be a fools together! We're already have a lot of curses from another haters after all. So if one of our OTP make us looks like a fool, so yea! WE'RE A FOOLS AND GLADLY TO BE FOOLED! LOL *Optimistic sarcasm* Kekekeke~

Sorry to cut your post, so in conclusion:

Our Female OTP called: Sly Fox

Our Male OTP called: Player/Liar

Their Shipper Fanbase called: Coven of Witches/Fools/Delusional

Kekekeke~ what an awesome collaboration of us in haters eyes!!

sigh… if the genuine n always-keep-distance-with-male-cele queen were sly fox, then what ab HJh's reveal of their drinking mean in Saf n all mlscr members reactions?! Wud you reveal sth like that if u were Hjh n knew what happened with ur hyung???...donno if I'm right in this thought but start to wonder how much queen got hurt rather than thinking it-doesn't-matter-to-her issue.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Guys, I am leaving the thread and Soompi. :) I had joy here and you all were really nice people. Honestly, I don't want to ship actors/idols/etc anymore... only fictional characters and no more... because I feel happier that way. More time for my real life. This is not really related to the LJG news, I decided some time ago and what happened recently finally made me able to move on. This is the end of my Moon Lover's obsession... a drama that will have a special place in my heart, alongside the Moon Lover's cast. But I don't think is healthy for me to be that invested. I think I will watch Moon Lovers from time to time through the years... and if there is a sequel I will watch it for sure. I am thankful for IU and LJG's chemistry in Moon Lovers... I will always remember So and Soo couple, specially the adorable moments those characters had. Well, everybody... Take care. :heart:  

This is so sad chingu....after long i often see your post and your id, now you should leaving. I'm not good in words, farewell to you chinguu and thank you. Take Care.

• Like 14

its funny when some ppl demand JG apology to PMY :lol: for gods sake its a show sigh..they are friends

super touchy is not necessary eventhough your gf doesnt mind *imo

anyways, lets move on. i cant watch their fmv anymore :lol::lol::lol: *hurt my stomach again 

p.s take care Gabi! :heart:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, krysyuy said:

There are two people in a relationship. Why does the burden fall only on LJG? They most likely discussed what they wanted to do together - I find it extremely hard to believe that an issue as important as coming clean or not wasn't a topic of discussion between them. And if JHB had a huge problem with his attitude (his Western tendencies towards touching, etc), I highly doubt they would still be together now. At the end of the day, only they know their own relationship - the idea that he's somehow running amok and doing all this without some kind of understanding on her part is ludicrous. LJG is not the sort of person who would knowingly hurt someone he cares about. If this "scandal" has proven to you otherwise, I don't know what to say.

Sorry for cutting your post Chingu, though I admit JHB must be aware about her bf´s behaviour was due to publicity issues, she must be a saint or a completely fool to agreed and be ok with him touching and flirting as he did. Even if she isnt the jealous type and knowing is about their jobs, I think she still would have all the right to be a little upset with his actions. It´s hardly not to think he didn´t  took advantage of his bachelor public status to behave as a single man. If I were her, I ´d be more than pissed. Maybe MEC was the last drop to fill the glass and she put an ultimatum on him. 

Sorry about being judgemental but I tend to take the female´s side...

• Like 23

26 minutes ago, latinoona said:

Sorry for cutting your post Chingu, though I admit JHB must be aware about her bf´s behaviour was due to publicity issues, she must be a saint or a completely fool to agreed and be ok with him touching and flirting as he did. Even if she isnt the jealous type and knowing is about their jobs, I think she still would have all the right to be a little upset with his actions. It´s hardly not to think he didn´t  took advantage of his bachelor public status to behave as a single man. If I were her, I ´d be more than pissed. Maybe MEC was the last drop to fill the glass and she put an ultimatum on him. 

Sorry about being judgemental but I tend to take the female´s side...

yeasssss im totally with u!!! bcs i am a woman too... i tried to think objective but honestly i cant!!! can i say i actually more feel sorry to his gf, eventhough i more defending to JE (but I think she is completely OK! lol)

• Like 16

I'm from the GongGo shippers thread but I wanted to come here to extend my condolences to you guys. Shipping is a hard business and we all see potential in a relationship, the chemistry, the spark, so it's hard when we're faced with an alternate reality. I'm sorry you guys are going through this, you guys don't deserve it, especially after being one of the nicest shippers out there. I personally really liked IU and LJK together so it's pretty sad on how things went down. I just wanna let you guys know that us on the GongGo shippers thread are here for you. Us shippers (no matter who we ship) have to stick together, not only through the good but also the bad :heart: I hope things work out soon and if not, that you guys will find peace in what has happened.

Don't feel discouraged. It's not any of your faults on what has gone down. It wasn't that you guys were reading the signals wrong, it's that unfortunately things were being manipulated in ways none of us ever thought imaginable. 

If you guys ever need someone to talk to, we're here for you ^_^

I want to hear his side. My god, i am desperate to know it, i wasn't able to sleep last night. Because something is not adding up. I really hope he will speak up because right now it's crazy. :confused:

Anyway, i read some are leaving this happy place. It's so sad but i know that they reached that decision for the best. No matter what happens, you've been a part of my life and for that i will be forever grateful. I hope one day, we'll meet again, in this thread or somewhere out there, the internet is a super highway. :heart:

• Like 24

Not sure if this was posted here but Oh Hyuk posted a pic of JE laughing. Unsure of what this means but I feel better knowing she has loving friends surrounding her right now

Spoiler

I am so sorry to hear that you're leaving @Gabi Bros hope to see you in another form soon and thank you for the kind words, @JaneyBae :wub:

• Like 23