[Drama 2017] Woman of Dignity 품위있는 그녀

Go Seung Ji

Kim Hee-sun and Kim Seon-ah, 'wo-mance'

photo858006.jpg

Actresses Kim Hee-sun and Kim Seon-ah were at the premiere of the JTBC drama "Woman of Dignity".

"Woman of Dignity" is a chic comedy that reveals the truth about the high class society.

"Woman of Dignity" stars Kim Hee-sun, Kim Seon-ah, Kim Yong-gun, Jeong Sang-hoon, Lee Ki-woo, Lee Tae-im and others. It begins on the 16th of June.

http://www.hancinema.net/kim-hee-sun-and-kim-seon-ah--wo-mance--106947.html

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-15 at 0:45 AM, Chellsee said:

"Woman of Dignity" is a chic comedy that reveals the truth about the high class society.

Having seen the 1rst episode, I can say that there is no description that is more innacurate than the above.

Spoiler

Kim Sun-Ah!! NOOO, I wanted to see this only for her!! :bawling:

20 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Ratings:

Episode 1: 2% 

Episode 2: 3.1%

Well, it's not bad. I hope that the rating goes up a bit (or a lot) more. 

To be honest, I know that Kim Hee-Sun is the main lead, but I like waaayyy more Kim Sun-Ah and all her backstory, like, how did her character got there?, what were the reasons/motivations for her actions? KSA's character certainly has much more depth and complexity, with all those mixed feelings and thoughts. 

Spoiler

And I was hoping for a wo-mance, a la Thelma y Louise but in the high class society.

But, clearly, there isn't one here.

Anyways, I'm still intrigued, so I'll keep whatching.

Hello just joining the thread. I just watched episode one with subs. Already in the thick of things, this drama moves fast. I like the quirky directing. I read that the director also did My Name is Kim Sam Soon, (my first k-drama rom-com that has a special place in my heart. 

I'm so hooked. It is so intriguing and well-filmed. The very first episode just draws you in with the mysterious crime element. And the end of episode 2 where they begin to trick you into thinking it has something to do with the crime element but then pulls you another direction.

Amazon actresses and all the minor actresses are beautiful. Also, Lee Ki Woo... what else can I say. Plays such a cute, gentle character (as gentle as you think he'd be based on his looks!)

Can't wait for the rest of the episodes.

Woman of Dignity: Episode 1

dignity01-05251.jpg

Woman of Dignity has been a mystery since its promos were first revealed—is it a satirical look at makjang, or is it a pure water-to-the-face makjang in all its dramatic glory? This first episode plays it pretty straight, but I think we still have a chance to bring on the fun in future episodes.

FIRST EPISODE RECAP

wod01-00052.jpg

On a stormy night, a figure dressed in black rushes through a hallway and hits a woman in the back of the head, causing a glass of wine crashing to the floor. Another blow to the head, and the woman, PARK BOK-JA (Kim Sun-ah) falls to the floor, eyes staring blankly ahead.

Police say that there was no DNA evidence found other than fingerprints from the family. In fact, the only suspects they have are members of the family, and everyone except for a woman named Woo Ah-jin is considered a suspect.

Speaking of WOO AH-JIN (Kim Hee-sun), we see her walking toward the police station, dressed all in black except for a pair of bright red heels.

As the police go over the evidence and suspects of the murder, they estimate that the murder occurred at 2:00 a.m., though they note that they didn’t receive a call until shortly after 9:00 a.m. in the morning.

Read full article here>>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/woman-of-dignity-episode-1/

After seeing episode 3 subbed,  I think Woo Ah-jin is too soft, her downfall.  After getting the report about her extortion charges and jail time, she should have told the maid and sister in law to pack her bags while she was talking with her, and then just showed her the door!  Of course then there would be no story. I am just so sick of Bok-Ja's scheming and manipulating.  Of course in real life wealthy people would have checked her out thoroughly or used agencies to refer only care givers with references and background checks, before letting someone into their home, and even sleep there!     Also the infidelity is upsetting. 

Archived