[THE OFFICIAL] BLΛƆKPIИK (블랙핑크) THREAD / BORN PINK World Tour

kimlees

This is the ultimate trend of the summer according to Roseanne Park aka Rosé

SAINT%20LAURENT_FALL20_01_LR.jpg

At the last Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2020-2021 show, the fashion world was utterly charmed by Roseanne Park aka Rosé.  At the Place du Trocadéro, where the show took place, as usual, hundreds of young girls screamed the Korean popstar's name and jostled to catch a glimpse of the star. At just 23 years old, and already counting 26.6 million Instagram followers, Roseanne Park is a key figure of women's K-pop, along with the other members of the girl group Blackpink. The band itself currently has 25.8 million Instagram followers and 41.6 Youtube followers. It recently shattered the record on the latter platform in just 24 hours, garnering a cool 82.4 million the day that the new video for How You Like That was dropped, on June 26. Anthony Vaccarello brought a part of the phenomenon to his five-star team, inviting Rosé to be the face of the Fall/Winter 2020-2021 campaign shot by David Sims. This was the perfect occasion to (digitally) meet the young star for a high-fashion interview. 

How did you meet Anthony Vaccarello?
Roseanne Park: “The first time I met him was after the fall campaign collection in Paris. I was surprised that he was expecting me. He was crowded by so many people after the show but he took his time to greet me and say hello.”

What do you like the most about his work?
“He keeps things very classic and chic. I love how his work is very timeless.”

Tell me more about this Fall campaign, how did it come about and what did you like the most about it?
“I’ve been a fan of Saint Laurent and Anthony for a while so when the opportunity came up I was excited to be a part of it. It was so much fun working with such creatives that I admire and respect. Working with David was a wonder. He was the most down to earth person and watching him work was very inspirational.”

2 trends that you are following from the Saint Laurent Fall/Winter collection?

'I would say the vibrant coloured jackets with the matching blouses and scarves are something I’ll be following this winter.

I love the simple black tight latex dress. The other day I wore it for a shoot and it was the most simple but empowering and sexy dress I had ever worn.'

What is your relationship to fashion?

I think fashion reflects a lot of my personality. If you look into why I wore this and what made me wear that, you will learn what the process of my brain is like."

What is your first fashion memory?
“I remember when I was around 15 I used to sneak into my mum's closet to steal her vintage bags she used to wear in her mid-20s. I think I started dressing up loving bags that looked vintage rather than brand new.”

How would you describe your style? What's your signature look?
“When I’m not working it’s mostly casual. Jeans or a casual day dress. My go-to would be just dressing up in a casual T-shirt, jeans, and a small, short strapped cross over bag with some white sneakers.”

How do you find your balance when you wear something from Saint Laurent?
“YSL has the best casual but classic and vintage styled items so it really balances out with my own styling.”

Rosé au défilé Saint Laurent automne-hiver 2020-2021
Do you have an ultimate piece of style advice?
“Know your own fit.”

5 essentials that never leave your bag?

1 House keys

2 Wallet

3 Mirror

4 Lipstick

5 Scrunchie

Rosé en Saint Laurent
Your style icon for summer?
“Jennifer Aniston.”

The ultimate summer trend? 
“Wide-legged pants and a crop top”

What was your last impulse buy?
"I bought a small black clutch the other day. Another one to add to my collection of other small black bags! And another one would be a YSL logo embroidered vintage jumper I purchased online.'

What was your last impulse buy? Do you have a piece in your wardrobe that you would never part with under any circumstances?
Something I would never part with would be my oversized Saint Laurent blazers.

© https://www.vogue.fr/fashion/article/rose-roseanne-park-interview-fashion-style-saint-laurent?amp&__twitter_impression=true