[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Rush to the Dead Summer 夏至未至

sugarplum892

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

@thunderman1   Thanks chingu , for the shout out :heart:

Be sure to see my previous post on page 1.  I put it in spoilers. Not sure if you are ready for this drama, but it will be a sad one. Right now it is in the beginning phases with sunlight but I fear darkness will reach soon.

16 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Be sure to see my previous post on page 1.  I put it in spoilers. Not sure if you are ready for this drama, but it will be a sad one. Right now it is in the beginning phases with sunlight but I fear darkness will reach soon.

I will do so @thunderman1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sorry dear... too many good ones going at the moment and not a lot of time for me to take on all of them. :(

Thanks for thinking of me though. :)

You're correct. A lot of C-dramas have been released this June.

Oh when you have time to watch, one of the princesses played in Princess Agents was the main girl in Return to Happiness-- remember the frustrating characters there? At least, she is not that bad in this one. :)

21 hours ago, thunderman1 said:
  Hide contents

I am also sadden by the ending but I don't consider it sad base on what I read on viki. At least we get to see their happy days their values of what friendship means. Even if they had to part their ways, at least we know that even our lives are not perfect. There will be obstacles in every given life. 

I am most sad with the theme of betrayal of friendship, esp if Qi Qi takes advantage of Xiao Si.. that's too bad because LX considers her as her childhood best friend. 

Through all these obstacles, I hope all the characters receive that true love. No wonder why it is called Rush to the End of Summer. The rays of light and hope were in their adolecense. I really like how the narration is so soothing to one's mind. We know that LX is the main lead because most of the narration I would say is done by her. In a way, she was the most radiant in her youth and I like how the trailers goes from rays of light to darkness later on. Hopefully there will be light at the end of that tunnel and eventally no more rushing to the end of summer. The adapation also goes by Love at the End of Summer but I hope each character learns to grow, love, and forgive--this is where true light begins no matter how big each mistake. I am already crying for the main actor/actress. For once, maybe we will get a different ending. 

Spoiler

Is that really how the series ends? I'm going to prepare my heart for the ending but I think if they go with that ending, it goes to show how it's a good drama depicting reality of how being an adult goes, not everything goes as planned, stuff happens and no matter how disastrous it may be life still goes on. People comes into our lives and leave and we still continue living. 

Too many KFC during the show makes me want to go out and buy KFC, so I guess product placement works :D. I watched 'til episode 8 rn, I don't know who I should root for Zhi Ang or Xiao Si, and I really love how the narrations work in this drama, the narrations makes me think about my personal experiences about life, family, and friendship that I had over the years. I'm so emo for this drama. 

2 hours ago, ashryver said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is that really how the series ends? I'm going to prepare my heart for the ending but I think if they go with that ending, it goes to show how it's a good drama depicting reality of how being an adult goes, not everything goes as planned, stuff happens and no matter how disastrous it may be life still goes on. People comes into our lives and leave and we still continue living. 

Too many KFC during the show makes me want to go out and buy KFC, so I guess product placement works :D. I watched 'til episode 8 rn, I don't know who I should root for Zhi Ang or Xiao Si, and I really love how the narrations work in this drama, the narrations makes me think about my personal experiences about life, family, and friendship that I had over the years. I'm so emo for this drama. 

Yes, welcome aboard! I am very happy that a fellow fan has arrived. The forum was getting too quiet maybe due to the hype with Princess Agents. 

I am going with Xiao Si but if you do not want to be spoiled please do not read below:

Spoiler

According to Wiki, which is normally 90% confirmed, both LX and XS realize their feelings for one another, however, they will eventually part their ways due to betrayal by Qi Qi. Sigh. 

however what I like about this drama is the reality it depicts. Kudos to the writer because there is no life that is perfect hence why there is no fairytale ending in this drama adapatation. I don't mind because I like how the plot development is portrayed and the feelings I sense from each character. 

41 minutes ago, jongski said:

I have been waiting for this. Is this sub? will this be sub?

It's sub till episode 8 right now.

59 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Yes, welcome aboard! I am very happy that a fellow fan has arrived. The forum was getting too quiet maybe due to the hype with Princess Agents. 

Yep, I was actually refreshing this a lot yesterday because I'm looking for people who are also watching this drama lol since I don't have anyone to talk to and my chinese friend likes k-drama more than c-dramas

When I watched ep 9 yesterday.. I was very annoyed with Qi Qi. She expects her best friend to know everything about her but it is her that needs to step up. I find her at this point selfish and always blaming everyone around her for her faults. 

Spoiler

Please do not read if you do not want any spoiler.

Spoiler

I read the Chinese novel and I'm going to write down a brief summary. Please do not read if you do not want any spoiler.

Spoiler

In the novel, first male lead (Fu Xiao Si - FXS) only love first female lead (Li Xia - LX) and he never fall for any other girls. The 3rd lead girl (Chen Qi Qi - CQQ) has been falling in love with FXS all the time. The 2nd lead (Lu Zhi Ang - LZA) never have any love/feelings to LX except for being a protective brother figure to her. The drama did some changes and deviate a little bit from the novel.

The highlight of the novel was the betrayer of CQQ.

CQQ became ambitious and greedy in the later part of the novel. She won a singing contest and starts her journey as a famous celebrity. 

FXS became a famous artist/painter and LX was his assistant & partner. 

2nd lead girl (Yu Jian – YJ) chase for her dream and wanted to be a singer. When she join a singing competition, CQQ was one of the judge, due to being afraid that her popularity and fame as a celebrity will be diminish and newcomers are getting more and more attention, she decided to sabotage YJ’s result and this cause her to lost in the competition.

FXS was being framed into plagiarism issue. LZA being too aggressive and he hit the guy that spread the rumors with glass bottle. It was a serious crime and he got caught + imprisoned/sentenced for life. 
- Chinese audience believe the drama might change this part where LZA might not be imprison for life. The production team had an official CP for 2nd lead where the girl only appeared twice in the novel (she might have bigger parts in the drama). One of the reason LZA was being sentenced to jail was because of CQQ too.

When FXS was having mental breakdown + depression, he drinks a lot and was drunk. There was one night where LX was not with him but CQQ was the one that stayed and accompanied him. In the novel, it never mentioned whether FXS and CQQ had sex that night as FXS was really drunk at that time. 
Later on, CQQ told LX what happened to FXS and CQQ that night and told LX that she was pregnant with FXS’s baby. After informed LX, CQQ called her panel doctor and arrange a surgery for abortion 
- There were a few assumptions made by Chinese readers. CQQ might not having FXS’s baby and the baby belongs to her manager (as a celebrity, she has a male manager); 
- CQQ doesn't want to have a child at that time due to her status as not married
- CQQ doesn’t want to affect her career as a celebrity with the news of her being pregnant. 
I guess we will never know unless the drama shows us what happened.

When LX goes to FXS and questioned him (not in a direct way – we all know that LX was not good at expressing her thoughts due to her having low self-esteem + low confident + her thoughts that FXS betrayed their love). At that time, FXS was not having a good mood and he is not good at expressing his feeling as well. He didn’t use a good tone/choice of words and this increases the misunderstandings between them. LX decided to leave. 

In the end, LX married to a random guy (the drama did cast an actor for the role of random guy and audience said that the random guy is a handsome tall man).
FXS has been alone and waiting for the love that never return to him.
LZA was in the prison for the rest of his life.
YJ's boyfriend died (Duan Qiao) and she be with Qing Tian again.
CQQ get away with everything and no one knows all the bad things that she did.

13 hours ago, janice930201 said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I read the Chinese novel and I'm going to write down a brief summary. Please do not read if you do not want any spoiler.

Hide contents

In the novel, first male lead (Fu Xiao Si - FXS) only love first female lead (Li Xia - LX) and he never fall for any other girls. The 3rd lead girl (Chen Qi Qi - CQQ) has been falling in love with FXS all the time. The 2nd lead (Lu Zhi Ang - LZA) never have any love/feelings to LX except for being a protective brother figure to her. The drama did some changes and deviate a little bit from the novel.

CQQ became ambitious and greedy in the later part of the novel. She won a singing contest and starts her journey as a famous celebrity. 

2nd lead girl (Yu Jian – YJ) chase for her dream and wanted to be a singer. When she join a singing competition, CQQ was one of the judge, due to being afraid that her popularity and fame as a celebrity will be diminish and newcomers are getting more and more attention, she decided to sabotage YJ’s result and this cause her to lost in the competition.

FXS was being framed into plagiarism issue. LZA being too aggressive and he hit the guy that spread the rumors with glass bottle. It was a serious crime and he got caught + imprisoned/sentenced for life. 
- Chinese audience believe the drama might change this part where LZA might not be imprison for life. The production team had an official CP for 2nd lead where the girl only appeared twice in the novel (she might have bigger parts in the drama). One of the reason LZA was being sentenced to jail was because of CQQ too.

When FXS was having mental breakdown + depression, he drinks a lot and was drunk. There was one night where LX was not with him but CQQ was the one that stayed and accompanied him. In the novel, it never mentioned whether FXS and CQQ had sex that night as FXS was really drunk at that time. 
Later on, CQQ told LX what happened to FXS and CQQ that night and told LX that she was pregnant with FXS’s baby. After informed LX, CQQ called her panel doctor and arrange a surgery for abortion 
- There were a few assumptions made by Chinese readers. CQQ might not having FXS’s baby and the baby belongs to her manager (as a celebrity, she has a male manager); 
- CQQ doesn't want to have a child at that time due to her status as not married
- CQQ doesn’t want to affect her career as a celebrity with the news of her being pregnant. 

When LX goes to FXS and questioned him (not in a direct way – we all know that LX was not good at expressing her thoughts due to her having low self-esteem + low confident + her thoughts that FXS betrayed their love). At that time, FXS was not having a good mood and he is not good at expressing his feeling as well. He didn’t use a good tone/choice of words and this increases the misunderstandings between them. LX decided to leave. 

In the end, LX married to a random guy (the drama did cast an actor for the role of random guy and audience said that the random guy is a handsome tall man).

Great! Thanks for sharing! 

On 6/19/2017 at 11:34 AM, janice930201 said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Thank you!  I have been waiting for someone to share how the book goes.

Spoiler

and wow that escalated quickly, i think i can settle with FXS and LX not being together but LZA being in prison for life I cannot. I've watched up to episode 12 right now and I'm really liking the character of Yu Jian. It seem's that for this drama, I would need a bucket of ice cream and lots of tissues to cope with the ending.

19 minutes ago, ashryver said:

Thank you!  I have been waiting for someone to share how the book goes.

Hide contents

and wow that escalated quickly, i think i can settle with FXS and LX not being together but LZA being in prison for life I cannot. I've watched up to episode 12 right now and I'm really liking the character of Yu Jian. It seem's that for this drama, I would need a bucket of ice cream and lots of tissues to cope with the ending.

Spoiler

Hey but if you think about it, in real life some people can probably relate to the main otp. Sure one will forgive the best friend from sleeping with your man but simply in the end you move on from your ex. Surprisingly no matter how far their journey takes them, I don't blame the main girl for leaving. She was hurt real bad and there's no more room for him anymore. I like the realistic approach the writer took and hopefully it stays consistent. Not every drama willl have a fairytale ending. 

It is meant to be... Love till the end of summer, the summer days of their youth.

Archived