[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Rush to the Dead Summer 夏至未至

sugarplum892

On 7/6/2017 at 5:57 PM, thunderman1 said:

FYI, YJ's loved one died later on.. keep watching as the drama parallels the novel. 

I heard of this sad fate from reading about the character  on Wikipedia which is really sad. It was YJ own decision when she decided to leave her first love and goes to the city for her dream only to return heart broken with Qian Tian with another woman by his side. Fortunately, she was saved by Duan Qiao who truly cared for her. I wonder what becomes of Qian Tian. In a way, this couple seen to foreshadow XS and LS relationship. First love doesn't always last. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Chanmie said:

I heard of this sad fate from reading about the character  on Wikipedia which is really sad. It was YJ own decision when she decided to leave her first love and goes to the city for her dream only to return heart broken with Qian Tian with another woman by his side. Fortunately, she was saved by Duan Qiao who truly cared for her. I wonder what becomes of Qian Tian. In a way, this couple seen to foreshadow XS and LS relationship. First love doesn't always last. 

I finished the drama last night. Ahh such memories but at least XA and YM were happy! :D

On 7/9/2017 at 6:01 AM, thunderman1 said:

Any last thoughts before I disappear from this forum? One less drama off my plate. Make sure to tag me if you want insight etc. :wink:

hey  hey!! i wanted to start this drama but need an expert's advice ! :) i don't know if i should start it or not :) i have Princess agents on my plate now and so far it's good but maaaaan the thread! you cannot join the discussions quite easily :D:D no one answers the questions and you can't join the chat on the thread <_<

anyhow, how's this one? should i start it?

3 hours ago, tintin92 said:

hey  hey!! i wanted to start this drama but need an expert's advice ! :) i don't know if i should start it or not :) i have Princess agents on my plate now and so far it's good but maaaaan the thread! you cannot join the discussions quite easily :D:D no one answers the questions and you can't join the chat on the thread <_<

anyhow, how's this one? should i start it?

Hi there! 

It is an adaptation of the novel. Open ending for the main otp if you want spoilers. Drama deviated from the novel towards the end but other than that, everything remained the same. I recommend this drama for any age. I am an ahjumma and find it pretty intriguing. The story spans of 10 years however it felt more like 5 years.. starts from high school and ends in adulthood. Rushing to the end of summer indeed. There are parts where you want to scream at the main characters.  and other times you can relate a lot to their situations. 

Princess Agents: The thread is one of the most annoying forums out there. At first it was manageable with just a few people.. as the drama got more popular I was lurking and saw mini cliques forming. A forum is there to discuss but all I can read are arguments of shippers. Hence the reason why I stopped posting altogether. Every now and then I get to read some good insights from wise posters but other than those, questions often times get overlooked and ignored so don't bother wasting your time on there! Let me know if you want to chat, willing to open PM for you. 

I am getting slightly bored with Princess Agents,  we have reached more than halfway and waiting for CQ to wakeup from her dream and move on from YX.

6 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Hi there! 

It is an adaptation of the novel. Open ending for the main otp if you want spoilers. Drama deviated from the novel towards the end but other than that, everything remained the same. I recommend this drama for any age. I am an ahjumma and find it pretty intriguing. The story spans of 10 years however it felt more like 5 years.. starts from high school and ends in adulthood. Rushing to the end of summer indeed. There are parts where you want to scream at the main characters.  and other times you can relate a lot to their situations. 

Princess Agents: The thread is one of the most annoying forums out there. At first it was manageable with just a few people.. as the drama got more popular I was lurking and saw mini cliques forming. A forum is there to discuss but all I can read are arguments of shippers. Hence the reason why I stopped posting altogether. Every now and then I get to read some good insights from wise posters but other than those, questions often times get overlooked and ignored so don't bother wasting your time on there! Let me know if you want to chat, willing to open PM for you. 

I am getting slightly bored with Princess Agents,  we have reached more than halfway and waiting for CQ to wakeup from her dream and move on from YX.

Thanks for the wonderful summary! :) am actually looking for something romantic :D bored with all my recent choices and least romantic series. Guess i will start this one soon!

And PA! :) well i kinda freaked out at the beginning in the thread! No one answered my questions and i was ignored. That wasn't good seriously. There are fellows on Instagram with good accounts and summaries and i follow them.  i started princess agents as soon as it was aired hoping for more romance. I'm already disappointed in the romance part and I don't expect anything more just don't want to leave it unfinished :) comparing to general and i /eternal love , princess agents is not romantic at all:D. Really need a romantic cdrama :( thanks again for your answer 

1 minute ago, tintin92 said:

Thanks for the wonderful summary! :) am actually looking for something romantic :D bored with all my recent choices and least romantic series. Guess i will start this one soon!

And PA! :) well i kinda freaked out at the beginning in the thread! No one answered my questions and i was ignored. That wasn't good seriously. There are fellows on Instagram with good accounts and summaries and i follow them.  i started princess agents as soon as it was aired hoping for more romance. I'm already disappointed in the romance part and I don't expect anything more just don't want to leave it unfinished :) comparing to general and i /eternal love , princess agents is not romantic at all:D. Really need a romantic cdrama :( thanks again for your answer 

You can PM for PA questions. Although I prob won't be able to answer your questions because I am already trailing 6 eps behind. 

As for Rushing to Dead Summer, not much romance until the latter half but nonetheless I liked it for the realism and the obstacles each character encountered.

@tintin92, any other drama recommendations? Going through youtube to see what else is noteworthy.

20 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

You can PM for PA questions. Although I prob won't be able to answer your questions because I am already trailing 6 eps behind. 

As for Rushing to Dead Summer, not much romance until the latter half but nonetheless I liked it for the realism and the obstacles each character encountered.

@tintin92, any other drama recommendations? Going through youtube to see what else is noteworthy.

Thanks alot! :) 

well i'm actually waiting for lost love in times. Seems really romantic! And the new eternal love series based on a different novel. But these two need to be subbed. Hopefully we get to see one of them subbed and discuss it on the thread. 

Recently i watched boss and me :) it's actually a good romantic comedy :wink: loved it. Wanted to watch a life time love and legend of dragon pearl but those two have no subs sadly. They are romantic unlike PA. PA seemed really romantic at first but then the path changed and romance faded :( 

someone told me to watch singing all along. Haven't watched it yet but i've heard It's romantic. Let me know if you find any good series to catch up! Thanks 

I finally finished this drama. I thought about not finishing it but since I started I'm still curious about the ending. All I can say is that it wasn't such a bad drama. It's actually a really great drama. The ending wasn't probably as bad I think it would be.

Spoiler

At least, they meet again after 10 years. Whether or not they'll be together in the future depend on the viewer. I haven't read the novel but I think in there she is probably already married to someone else. Btw, can anyone answer my question. Is qiqi really pregnant with xiao si's baby? She told him she have an abortion but it's more likely she never was pregnant. And damn, that actress that played Qi Qi's manager really did her part. She looked like a angry mad manager lady lol. Because of her evil schemes, Qi Qi basically destroyed all of her friends life.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Rush to the Dead Summer 夏至未至

I'm watching the drama for Zheng Shuang and is still at an early stage. For some reasons I don't like FXS from the very beginning and after seeing the spoilers in this thread I dislike him even more. I love LZA though, too bad I heard some unfortunate things happened to him. How I wish LX would end up with LZA instead of FXS but sadly that would never happen haha. I thought to stop watching the drama but after seeing this thread, I became so curious about the ending so thank you for the motivation! 

Archived