[Drama 2016] Father, I’ll Take Care of You 아버님 제가 모실게요

tompark

Hello All, @chocolatepie  Thanks for the heads up and the video link..

1 hour ago, chocolatepie said:

And the sister of SH/SS/SJ, she doesn't look like a nice person.  The moment she saw SJ, i think she was asking why is he staying there.  The parents and grandma was so mad at  her.  She seems to criticize SH's family for staying at the parents' house as well.  

Who is she to crticize anyone, I bet she's there to stay. Most likely came back home divorce with child in tow.. SMH 

9 minutes ago, andy78 said:

so  happy for the kiss!is horrible what HW will do next...poor JE!!!

@andy78, Hi,  JE is to much of a immature drama queen for my taste..

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview of episode 31 and translation underneath.

New Sister: Gold Street? Isn’t that a Wall Street investment firm?
JE: Ajumma!
Unlicensed doctor ajumma: Actually, that driver did nothing wrong. 
JE: What?
MJ Father: Mom, I’m here! Bang Gi Nae!
DH Grandmother: Do Hui
DH: Grandmother
SJ: This may be rude to ask, but who is this?
HW: It’s my brother when he was young. Are you satisfied?

Sorry, I couldn't remember the name of the new female member who showed up. Also, does this mean that SJ will be the first one to realize that he's HW's little brother? Eeeehhh! 

And, finally, from the episode and not from the preview...they kissed! DH and SJ had a real kiss, and it was hot and sweet!

On 20/02/2017 at 10:24 AM, chocolatepie said:

For HW, he will not even do DNA now since he was told by police that his brother is dead.  But if SJ believes that there is a connection between him and HW, then i hope he tries to take something from him and do the DNA instead.  We also have to wait for SJ to remember his own name is Sang Woo and he will definitely do the DNA test.  I don't think it will take long since within 2 episodes, he remembered the day he went out to look for his brother and also remembered that HS is not his biological father. 

I think you're right.  I think it will be SJ that will take the initiative here.  This could happen in several ways.  

1) SJ remembers his name as a child---like in a dream.  

2) JE says something along those lines when things are becoming clearer to her.  The writers (if they didn't forget themselves) made her someone who doesn't forget.  If she hasn't already.

3) SJ makes a decision to search out at the police station.  

4) HS (that richard simmons) tells him.

5) Or SJ and HW go for a drink and SJ hears there name.  

So there are more than a few situations.  All I know is all these men and SJ's parents will be crying---the mother particularly, if she thinks she raised a drunk killers' son. 

Yeah boy. I just finished the episode without subs. Wow didn't expect this development. I mean I was expecting an OTP relationship but didn't expect the misleading preview words to lead to this. I was grinning from ear to ear. This couple is really sweet. And thank god the PD let them kiss properly instead of the super chaste kisses over at Laurel House Tailors. I can live in hope now for future scenes.

The revenge plot suddenly got more interesting. I didn't expect so many people to find out so soon. The saddest thing is that I honestly did not expect KRW to have so few scenes in this drama. He just looks immaculately dressed each time. To showcase his looks. But man his character doesn't have a lot of airtime. 

Guest AlexMao

To some extent I can understand Dong Hee’s grandmother getting a bit worried that she stayed out all night but I’m not seeing that as justification for her smacking Dong Hee. It seems out of character for her to this point. I can even extend that concern to Hye Joo but last I checked Dong Hee was an adult so I find myself scratching my head when she forced her to kneel/prostrate herself as a form of punishment.

I have a feeling that the response to my concern over Gwi Boon slapping Dong Hee is that she is simply rattled by Mi Joo’s father and her sense of helplessness (similar to Dong Hee’s own sense of helplessness in writing her drama).

Speaking of Mi Joo, why does it feels as though her character hasn’t grown any? Sung Joon basically put his foot down saying pretty much the only kind of relationship they can have is platonic and/or the form of colleagues, it seems like any time Sung Joon and/or Dong Hee are in the same room, are part of a conversation … well practically anything I suppose that I find Mi Joo just so rude and disrespectful and I can’t help but mutter obscenities.

That being said I kind of wanted to see more scenes with Dong Hee and Sung Joon and really focus less on Hyun Woo, Jung Hwa or really anything to do with the whole revenge plot for a change.

5 hours ago, vaberella said:

I think you're right.  I think it will be SJ that will take the initiative here.  This could happen in several ways.  

1) SJ remembers his name as a child---like in a dream.  

2) JE says something along those lines when things are becoming clearer to her.  The writers (if they didn't forget themselves) made her someone who doesn't forget.  If she hasn't already.

3) SJ makes a decision to search out at the police station.  

4) HS (that richard simmons) tells him.

5) Or SJ and HW go for a drink and SJ hears there name.  

So there are more than a few situations.  All I know is all these men and SJ's parents will be crying---the mother particularly, if she thinks she raised a drunk killers' son. 

I really doubt HS will tell SJ.. i think if SJ has his childhood photos he will be able to link. If HS wants to hide that he adopted SW, he may not allowed him to take photos when young but that will be quite ridiculous. But i'm sure somehow and somewhere, there will be 1 photo of him when young but kept by 1 of the siblings, mother or grandma. Or he can go back to his elementary schoool to look at his graduation photo.   No.1 looks more likely, and if he remembered he had the jacket but lost it at the orphanage

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqW5feut4VRkXmgP6RcGpimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQslBCx9P4OolI414YOo-Oimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ4--quL4NkzhdrE7KGp-

I'm not sure what it is about these two that always leaves you wanting more.  Chemistry no doubt, but I think it's the innocence and sweetness the tenderness and softness of his heart yearning in wanting to love her completely and her in feeling it, but allowing her fears to hold her back.  That is until now, thank goodness that among all the disappointment surrounding her she was able to find the courage to admit her regret in not reaching out and saying yes to him, to them and to love...

I was thinking while the view was showing the O7 in the background for some silly reason I said it out loud 07 a perfect number,  perfect place, a perfect moment just the two of them.  Alone sharing a perfect kiss...

I loved the way he softly and shyly asked her about the past and I loved even more how she answered honestly you could feel her heart beating faster and their eyes looking so deeply almost searching each others heart out.  It was tender and lovely the way he gently took control and drew her quickly into him as her arm moves still uncertain a little but still so willing in trusting not only him but herself resting it against his chest.  He grasps her arm and tucks it around him and slowly lowers his head and himself and we are given the kind of kiss dreams are made of... I would say his dreams came true too...:wub:

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The revenge plot suddenly got more interesting. I didn't expect so many people to find out so soon. The saddest thing is that I honestly did not expect KRW to have so few scenes in this drama. He just looks immaculately dressed each time. To showcase his looks. But man his character doesn't have a lot of airtime. 

The actor who is acting as Hyun Woo is Kim Jae Won.. sometimes viewers do get mixed up with these 2 names because of the Jae and Rae.. my friend just told me the same thing yesterday when we were chatting about this drama...:D

@USAFarmgirl, loved to read your posting.. you are so good in describing the feelings/emotions of the OTP that i could see the visuals of that scene while reading your comments lol.. 

Yes, there are sparks in these 2 that really makes me yearning for more of their scenes.. i was a little unhappy when SJ stayed on to have a meal with MJ when the writer couldn't make it..

1 hour ago, AlexMao said:

To some extent I can understand Dong Hee’s grandmother getting a bit worried that she stayed out all night but I’m not seeing that as justification for her smacking Dong Hee. It seems out of character for her to this point. I can even extend that concern to Hye Joo but last I checked Dong Hee was an adult so I find myself scratching my head when she forced her to kneel/prostrate herself as a form of punishment.

I have a feeling that the response to my concern over Gwi Boon slapping Dong Hee is that she is simply rattled by Mi Joo’s father and her sense of helplessness (similar to Dong Hee’s own sense of helplessness in writing her drama).

Speaking of Mi Joo, why does it feels as though her character hasn’t grown any? Sung Joon basically put his foot down saying pretty much the only kind of relationship they can have is platonic and/or the form of colleagues, it seems like any time Sung Joon and/or Dong Hee are in the same room, are part of a conversation … well practically anything I suppose that I find Mi Joo just so rude and disrespectful and I can’t help but mutter obscenities.

That being said I kind of wanted to see more scenes with Dong Hee and Sung Joon and really focus less on Hyun Woo, Jung Hwa or really anything to do with the whole revenge plot for a change.

I agree, DH is an adult. The slapping and other types of punishment for being out late seems over-the-top. Gwi Boon is starting to come apart at the seams with DHs birth secret. 

Poor DH and SJ because of the lifetime supply of lies told to them by the people they love and trust! So many parallels in their experiences. When all is revealed, they will need each other. Sometimes though, in real life, finding out that you've been lied to all your life can destroy future relationships. How do you know who to trust? It's very sad.

I can't wait to see what HW has planned for JHwa. This sounds so bad but JHwa is so bad. Maybe we will see her golden heart later and I will eat these words later? Yeah, no.

I'm definitely starting to warm up to JE. Yes, she's doing her investigative work and piecing info together.   At the moment, I'm not happy with HW for using her - she's a means to an end in his plot. And she deserves better than that. In a past episode, she mentioned giving him her love, her time (?), and her body (?), 2 episodes ago if I'm not mistaken.

MJs character has not grown, I agree. When she finds out her long lost cousin is an heiress, maybe she will change her ways? Hmmm....

58 minutes ago, lc85 said:

I agree, DH is an adult. The slapping and other types of punishment for being out late seems over-the-top. Gwi Boon is starting to come apart at the seams with DHs birth secret. 

Poor DH and SJ because of the lifetime supply of lies told to them by the people they love and trust! So many parallels in their experiences. When all is revealed, they will need each other. Sometimes though, in real life, finding out that you've been lied to all your life can destroy future relationships. How do you know who to trust? It's very sad.

I can't wait to see what HW has planned for JHwa. This sounds so bad but JHwa is so bad. Maybe we will see her golden heart later and I will eat these words later? Yeah, no.

I'm definitely starting to warm up to JE. Yes, she's doing her investigative work and piecing info together.   At the moment, I'm not happy with HW for using her - she's a means to an end in his plot. And she deserves better than that. In a past episode, she mentioned giving him her love, her time (?), and her body (?), 2 episodes ago if I'm not mistaken.

MJs character has not grown, I agree. When she finds out her long lost cousin is an heiress, maybe she will change her ways? Hmmm....

DH - in HJ & grandma eyes, she is still their baby and child, even if DH became an adult, she will be seen as a baby to them.  They are worried for her, they couldn't sleep well because they are worried.  I could understand grandma slapping her, because she thought she might have been taken away by MJ's father.  It is because she is really worried of her safety that she could even tell DH to go back to her grandma(biological). She has always been careful with her words and to blurt out something like that, grandma was worried to death that something happen to DH.

DH & SJ - they have similar background even though initially it looks like SJ is having a better life, but as times goes by, they realised both of them are in similar situation.  They can only rely on each other for comfort.  I hope to see SJ holding hands with DH when they go to office together, let that MJ  get irritated.. but worried she will bully DH in some other ways.  DH words to SJ at the library(?) about previously saying that she is giving up her love in reality to fall in love with scriptwriting, and losing both at the end.... isn't that a confession to SJ? hehe....  DH & SJ - hold tight of each other's hands....  ( i said this to OTP in the daily drama i'm watching too,:))

JHwa is actually a very rude person.. not only rude to SJ but also to her own mother!  When she returned and the mother came out, the 1st thing she said was her mother looked old and when she asked the mother to cook her meal, JHwa asked the mother what is she waiting for?  Wah.... really very rude... no wonder she can't get along with her MIL in the States.   Her attitude and personality will put anyone off, not to mention that her MIL is a korean too. No matter how long the MIL & husband may have stayed in USA, they will still have the traditional mindset.  Imagine the way she talked to her mother & brother, she could be worst when scolding/arguing with others.  HW is going to make her lose the money that she is likely going to win in the divorce case.. i don't think she will wake up, instead she will try to hold on to HW after losing the money.

JE - glad that she is putting the pieces together, i hope she think back the time SJ came to their house and the time when HW was adopted.  Hope she remembered what SJ said to her previously, about he himself seems to know HW even though they have never really have a chance to get to know each other.i hope she became intelligent to solve this before everyone gets into trouble.  

MJ - I don't think she will change when she learnt of the relationship between her and DH.  but writer-nim will usually make this kind of character turned over a new leaf at the end of the drama.  

@euraka & @stroppyse, how do you insert the youtube link in your posting and the video will appear?  i used the 5th function at the top (i.e. after B,I,U,S), copy and paste the link, click 'insert into post' but it appeared as a link rather than the video.  

@chocolatepie I agree about JHwa. And you're on to something with your prediction as to how HW will rain on her parade, so to speak. I wonder if they've actually bumped into each other in the US or if HW knows her husband or she's mistreated him because of his appearance - somehow I remember a conversation that HW had with somebody (can't remember) where he alluded to not appearing wealthy or something like that in front of his investors. I can imagine that HW was modest and decent in his appearance, demeanor, etc. Also, I wonder if JHwa was mean to HW and his brother when they were kids - would they be in the same class of about the same age? I also wonder if JHwa made a false testimony about HWs dad (not sure if this is possible since she was badly injured during the accident and I have lost track of the details after 30 eps (pardon me). 

Of all the Han siblings (with the exception of SJ), I like SH the best and JHwa the least. Jung-Ae and her fainting spells - omg, it's getting comical. 

14 minutes ago, lc85 said:

@chocolatepie I agree about JHwa. And you're on to something with your prediction as to how HW will rain on her parade, so to speak. I wonder if they've actually bumped into each other in the US or if HW knows her husband or she's mistreated him because of his appearance - somehow I remember a conversation that HW had with somebody (can't remember) where he alluded to not appearing wealthy or something like that in front of his investors. I can imagine that HW was modest and decent in his appearance, demeanor, etc. Also, I wonder if JHwa was mean to HW and his brother when they were kids - would they be in the same class of about the same age? I also wonder if JHwa made a false testimony about HWs dad (not sure if this is possible since she was badly injured during the accident and I have lost track of the details after 30 eps (pardon me). 

Of all the Han siblings (with the exception of SJ), I like SH the best and JHwa the least. Jung-Ae and her fainting spells - omg, it's getting comical. 

When the assistant reported to HW about JHwa, he mentioned that she is likely going to win the divorce case and will be getting a big sum of alimony.  HW then commented something like he will need to think how to make HS experience the kind of pain he has experienced.  I do think that JHwa might have said something nasty to HW before when they were in the school (but before the accident happened.  For eg. she might have heard from others about HW's dad and with her few friends, looked down on him and pass sarcastic remarks at him).  Looking at JHwa's personality now, i'm not surprised if she did that.  She definitely knows how to aegyo to the father since she is the only daughter in the family.  

Yes @chocolatepie after reading your previous post about SJ and DH, specifically about DH's confession - I do believe that was her confession to him, too. It was sweet. Not to mock or anything, but SJ is such a large and looming figure compared to DH that when he pulls her close it's almost like a yanking motion, with such force! Perhaps SJ does not know he's super strong... Not complaining here - just an observation.  Aww - their first library kiss!! The actors are such pros and they did well! I'm not sure they will go public with their romance yet though (because of the reasons you mentioned) but I hope they will in the next few eps. 

Today's episode nothing special... except the following

JHwa was meeting her friends at a restaurant, while HW was having a meeting with a man at the same restuarant.  When JHwa wanted to foot the bill, the cashier told her that it has been taken care of and pass her HW's namecard.  Her friends saw the company's name and was envious of her.

JE's father bought her a car and went to the cafe to look for her. JE brought the mom to the father's concert.  HS also brought CS there.  JE's father mentioned about AR & JE and the spot light was on them.  HS was shocked that it was JE & AR.  When he sang half-way, AR left the concert hall..  HS went to look for JE's father and told him who she is.. (looks like she is going to ask him to train her son?).

HW called SJ to his house and it seems like though everyone has decided to chose the experienced writer script, i think HW wanted SJ to use DH's script instead.Or did he say they do not need to compare the 2 writers script anymore and use Writer Choi instead?   (Need to check when the sub is out).    

JE decided to go to the prison and look for the doctor.  JE's uncle (HS) was mentioned a few times by the doctor and she also told her what happened 23years ago.  When she went back to their place,she saw her cousin, JHwa going out with HW.  

Now, our OTP... their scenes makes this episode bearable to watch. HJ went to SJ's room and i think she was asking why did DH came back so late.  Though SJ told her what happened, it seems that HJ was worried about DH (maybe she knew that her MIL didn't like DH and SJ being together).  SJ seems to want to tell HJ's about their relationship but he decided not to say.  SJ was in DH's room massaging her arms after writing for so many days.  When they were having their normal bantering, HJ came in but 2 of them were so into each other, they didn't realised that someone has came in.  HJ has no choice but to walk out quietly and she seems quite worried.  (Not too sure if she was asking Mongchi to keep quiet...hehehe).  Both of them are so cute!

Next day, DH kneel infront of grandma and apologize but grandma ignored her.  She met with SJ at a restaurant and she looked kinda of down.  SJ, upon seeing her not lifting up the spoon to eat her porridge, took the spoon and scoop up some porridge and feed her:wub:..  Seems like DH didn't want to eat porridge so SJ switch his breakfast with hers.  SJ then pat her on her head and she told him not to since they are near their office.. SJ teased her and did it again... he saw rice(not too sure if it is rice though) at the side of her mouth, teased her, removed and ate it instead....hahahaha:wub:

At the office, DH was busy writing her script when the team leader Park(?) came in and asked her about the work he asked her to do. DH told him everything has been done... The other lady colleague also asked her about the work she asked her to do, DH was so fed up and told her to look at her table lol....hahaha.....  MJ came in and wasn't too happy that DH was writing the script for episode 3 & 4 of the drama (?), SJ asked her to go in to his room, and there were some arguments.  (Does it mean that SJ decided to listen to HW and let DH continue to write?).  SJ used the excuse that he is tired and asked MJ to leave her room. After work, DH and the rest of the colleagues were walking out when they met MJ's dad.  All of them greeted him, however, MJ's dad was very friendly to DH and the rest of them was shocked.  He brought DH to his house and she was shocked to find her grandma there.  

SJ went to HW's house and he was having a drink at that time.  So he poured a cup for SJ as well.  When discussing about the drama(i think SJ knows that HW is trying to take revenge as he seems to be going against what majority wants), i think HW asked SJ if he really likes DH.  SJ said he really likes her.  I think he asked HW not to get DH involved if i'm not wrong.  When HW asked SJ to go back, the photo from the diary dropped out.  SJ saw it and picked it up.  He saw the photo and asked who is it.  HW said that is his brother..  from SJ's face, it looks like he knows the boy in the picture is him?  

Preview:HJ had lunch with DH and i think she asked about her & SJ's relationship.   Looks like HW is really targeting at JHwa as they showed her a bit drunk and leaning on HW.  Was SJ telling JE about HW's brother was dead and how could he be SW then?  The dialogue only stopped halfway, so i have no idea what was the other half that he was telling JE.  SJ also went to look for the mysterious lady and she mentioned about HS and SJ's biological father.  JE also went to look for HW and she mentioned SJ.. did she tell him that SJ is his brother?

The above may not be accurate and if anyone of you understand korean, please correct me if i'm wrong. 

It's weird why did SJ ask HW who was boy in the picture... If SJ was the boy in that picture he should have said "why to you have my picture?"

Does SJ have selected amnesia? Blocking all sad & painful memories regarding his brother & father.

Preview with translation underneath.

HJ to DH:: How far did you go with my brother-in-law? How far did you go?
HW to JE: Are you okay? JE flirtatiously responds: Oh, we're home. 
SJ to JE: Last night, he told me that his little brother was dead, but …
Woman to SJ: You didn’t hear? Han Hyung Sub caused your father to die. 
JE: to HW: Just one more thing. About Sung Joon.

@chocolatepie, I see you've become proficient at posting videos. Good job. You're welcome. Thank you for posting the preview and other clips. DH and SJ's cuteness just slay me. :) 

Archived